BoysTown background

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

BoysTown background

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 am

One thing that I have found strange here is how Boys Town seems (since at least the early 1970s) to have become a money magnet.

I wonder when the money started rolling in, as I would have expected a big bump after the Spenser Tracy movie, but then a tailing off in the following years.

Given it's very humble beginnings, it is now seems to be a financial powerhouse. The last article I read in the MSM was saying it was being criticized for the huge grants it was making that were not linked to it's mission.

Charities in my experience often have either a very conservative approach to finance (penny pinching * 10) or get into trouble with risky investments in desperate attempts to raise money - BoysTown followed quite a different path.
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 pm

A question I have that is kind of related is whether or not Boys Town had a financial connection to the failed Franklin Credit Union.
chiggerbit

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm

chiggerbit wrote:A question I have that is kind of related is whether or not Boys Town had a financial connection to the failed Franklin Credit Union.

WOW! That is so obvious - in hindsight! - brilliant lateral thinking, chig :)
Searcher08

Return to Franklin Scandal