Laurel Canyon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:40 am

You make some interesting points Sweejak will need to think of it more.

The type of articles that I reference and will try to find the actual links are much, much heavier into the Cointellpro (by whatever name) infiltration and perversion of Christianity and the churches and preventing the kind of organization that could have fought the mass murder in Palestine and Iraq and the semi-covert actions to turn the USA into a soviet style police state. There are many parrallels with religions pre-dating the birth of Christ but St. Paul wrote of the law being in everyone's heart and in ACTS how near the Greeks were to understanding God and mentioned their altar to the unknown god. The sacrifice and other aspects of Jesus life are engrained in human beings like an instinct and point to Christ. People sin by scapegoating others and the most abominable sin is human sacrifice which is why the ptbs very consciously commit this abomination.

Other societies did this in ignorance. Human sacrifice is not acceptable to God, only the sacrifice of Himself His Son in the man-God Jesus. This sacrifice is both necessary and accepted by God as are people who accept this atonement for their sins. Pasternak wrote in Dr. Zhivago that there was so much immense suffering that everyone had a right to feel themselves guilty. Today with the million Iraqi dead and other atrocities people keep blaming each other rather than recognizing it is all of us consenting in some way even though we feel powerless. Our love is finite, God's love is infinite. We need to connect with God to save ourselves and others. It is the only way.

http://www.biblestudy.org/biblepic/picture-of-altar-to-unknown-god-mentioned-by-apostle-paul.html

The above altar is located on Palatine Hill, Rome, where once stood the palaces of the Caesars. It dates from about 100 B.C. and has the inscription, ´To the unknown God.´

The apostle Paul saw just such an altar while waiting in Athens for Timothy and Silas to join him. He used the Athenians religious zeal to worship gods they don't even know the name of as a springboard for telling them about the TRUE God:

" Now while Paul waited for them (Timothy and Silas) at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry (e.g. statues, images or any object used as aid to worship false gods or the true God). Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

" Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans (followers of Epicurus. They taught that the highest aim of man was to seek a pleasant and smooth life.) and of the Stoicks (they taught that man's happiness consisted in bringing himself into harmony with the course of the universe.), encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

" Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill (the Areopagus or rocky hill in Athens where the Athenian supreme tribunal and court of morals was held), and said, [Ye] men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you." (Acts 17:16-18, 22-23)

Scriptural References: Acts 17 (KJV Bible)

Sources Used: Easton's Bible Dictionary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_God

Paul at Athens

According to the book of Acts, contained in the Christian New Testament, when the Apostle Paul visited Athens, he saw an altar with an inscription dedicated to that god, and began to proselytize to the Athenians:

22Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious.

23For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.

26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' 29"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill.

30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

—Acts 17:22-17:31, (NIV)

A reference to what has been called the "Epimenides paradox," in the New Testament Epistle to Titus 1:12 has been taken to confirm the Apostle Paul's familiarity with Epimenides, although the authorship of that letter is disputed.

I need to try to remember more of Huxley whom I haven't read since a teenage except for his commetaries on his friendship with DH Lawrence, still my favorite writer. DH Lawrence hated his given name of David, esp after a teacher embarrassed him in front of the class by telling him he had a noble name because of the Biblical King David. The last thing DH Lawrence was working on before he died was an unfinished play on the Biblical David.

I don't think I would recommend THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION, it is a slim book B-O-R-I-N-G about Huxley's tripping for the first time on mescaline. All I remember of the book is Huxley's fascination under the influence of the folds in curtains and couch covers and his slacks and he wrote that he understood why artists-painters spent so much time on folds in drapery because the folds are so meaningful and give insight into the meaning of life.

John Lennon told a joke on Dick Cavett after Cavett did a mock-strip tease during the monologue and just threw his tie and maybe his jacket to the audience. Later when John and Yoko came on after the applause during which Lennon had whispered something to Cavett who said I dare you to say that outloud and Lennon said "You are tieless in Gaza." which got no response from the audience and Lennon said "You had to have known the book.." It was a silly reference to Huxley's book EYELESS IN GAZA about his temporary blindness.

The most explicit example in a book of huxley's attempts to ammalgamate all religions is in ISLAND, an interesting book on what a utopian society would look like but of course the British oil companies destroy it under the cover of bringing "civilization" to the Island.

Huxley wrote the book when he was older and living in California. Jean Houston who wrote The Mythic Life was angry about the depressing ending and met Huxley once and asked him why he ended the book that way. Huxley told her that there had been a fire in his house and he had lost much of his work and the book was due at the publishers and that he had planned a different more hopeful ending.

Houston's husband also lost a lot of his writing in a fire in their truck when they were moving. For a while I seemed to come across a lot of writers who had lost work because of home fires.

There is a conspiracy site that is not well regarded, I think it was RINF, Gregg Somebody who had a VERY interesting article on Huxley whom he accused of serving the PTWs (powers that were) and listed all the many thinktank meetings that Huxley had attended and related it to Huxley's promotion of the NWO also mentioned the connection between this and Huxley's VERY famous father and grandfather and their connection with the British aristocracy.

I think Huxley was a useful idiot/genius and truly wanted to help create a better society.
Last edited by NavnDansk on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
NavnDansk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sweejak » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:02 am

I agree with what your saying on Huxley, after all his last words, supposedly, were:
"It's a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'Try to be a little Kinder'"

Which brings us back to Dave's take, in that perhaps with all the connections to this and that, compelling and thought provoking as they may be, might overlook the obvious, and that is that the people closest to and most involved in these think tanks might also be the first ones to rebel, and do so with a lot of info at hand.
Sweejak

Postby annie aronburg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 am

"It's a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'Try to be a little Kinder'"

I have always loved that quote, thanks for the reminder.
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 am

http://www.twopaths.com/greatest.htm
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewt ... 97412#1974

[The Greatest Commandment and the Parable of the Good Samaritan

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?" He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Which brings us back to Dave's take, in that perhaps with all the connections to this and that, compelling and thought provoking as they may be, might overlook the obvious, and that is that the people closest to and most involved in these think tanks might also be the first ones to rebel, and do so with a lot of info at hand.

That is encouraging and I wonder if disgusted insiders are providing the information on the torture scandal gaining new life.

Svali's information is disappearing fast, went back to read what she had said on how Christian counseling had helped her so much but couldn't find it on Suite101 though had read some of her articles there two months earlier.

I just discovered that you can SAVE PAGE to hard drive from Firefox under FILE and it is usually under 100 kbs even with photos. All the time I spent cutting and pasting parts of articles and then reformatting in Word.

Svali wrote that many of those doing the torture to her looked very unhappy and she thought that if they had faith and courage they could get past their fears of not being able to work or being tortured and/or killed if they refused to commit these atrocities.
Last edited by NavnDansk on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
NavnDansk

Postby hmm » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 am

IanEye wrote:
Sweejak wrote:I'm still not on board with Dave. Very interesting series though.

I am not fully "on board" either.

Anyone lurking have an opinion on this?!?

im not onboard either,
i think hes right in many ways, but when i took the time to check out some of his claims i was disapointed.
If he had stuck to that which he could "prove" and not feel the need to flesh out the facts with supposed connections that could be checked and are obviously wrong he would of had a much more "tight" and convincing case.
now the good stuff he is right about gets diluted..

i'll give one example, but you can google alot of the names/cases he mentions..

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/wtc13.html

Nothing unusual about any of that, I suppose. Looking further back over the sordid history of Hollywood, consider also these examples of unexplained weirdness (and these examples are, it should be noted, just the tip of a very large iceberg):

Silent film legend Ramon Navarro is found dead in his home on Halloween day, 1968. He has been brutally tortured and murdered in what appears for all the world to be a ritual homicide. Two brothers, both young male prostitutes, are charged with the crime.

all the accounts i can find place his death on the 30th of october, not halloween..
all the accounts i can find mention horrible torture but i can find no other claims of a ritualistic component to this.
all the accounts i can find mention how the two brothers ended up convicted of this murder on pretty mundane evidence, phone records showed a call to a woman friend of one of the brothers during the time of the murder, police interviewed this woman and she told them "everything"

maybe im oldfashioned but i like my claims of ritual homicide on halloween to actually occur ON halloween AND to come with at least a account of WHY it is ritualistic..
hmm

Postby Sweejak » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Navn, either I read too quickly or you did a big edit on your post.
I, personally tend to agree that aspects of the story of Jesus and the sacrifice are archetypal, but then there are those who disagree and so I wonder how archetypal they really are.

Anyway, you mention a couple of things that reminded me of two Benedict's most impolitic statements. The first mentions Reason and the Greeks, but was widely noted because everyone claimed he dissed Islam.
http://tinyurl.com/j7uuh
And, the other one which actually caused me to drop my jaw was the statement he made in Brazil about the Indians, but I think he was speaking of the unknown god rather than Indians subconsciously waiting to be conquered?

The unknown god is quite an archetype on its own and one I never thought of.

It reminds me somewhat of the "Broken Obelisk" outside of the Marc Rothko Chapel in Houston.

Here's wiki on the altar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_deus_si_dea

Also here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_God

The Unknown god was not so much a specific deity, but a placeholder, for whatever god or gods actually existed but whose name and nature were not revealed to the Athenians or the Hellenized world at large.
And a different quote from Paul in this wiki entry as well which is a little less accusatory:
22Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.

And to stay sort of on topic, I looked a bit at the battle between Freemasonry, the RC church, and infiltration, but have only had the time to go to Wikipedia level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_XIII
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanum_Genus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_K%C3%BCng
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholicis ... reemasonry

I'm short this week, headed off to the Northwest.
Sweejak

Postby NavnDansk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:18 am

Sweejak, I have been editing a lot but didn't keep a record of my edits. It will probably take me a week to read your links and think about them. I am not entirely convinced about the use of Freemason symbols in the Christian churches esp. RC since many of them pre-date Freemasonry but I don't disregard it completely either.

In THUNDER AND LIGHTENING by Taylor Caldwell, in addition to the creation of the Parthanon by her lover, she has a section about an altar to the unknown God with references to the coming Christ.

I think the following is the New King James Version. The older KJV is a little different. I think in that version Paul tells the Greeks who like to hear new things that they are altogether too superstitious. One commentary I read said that Paul was teasing them a little to get their attention like a modern comedian or speaker - a sort of friendly insult since the Greeks were proud of their logic and reason even more than their piety, at least the ones on Mars Hill. Or it could be he was complementing them on their devout acknowledgment of God's presence even if they thought of multiple gods.

17:15 And they that conducted Paul brought him unto Athens: and receiving a commandment unto Silas and Timotheus for to come to him with all speed, they departed.

17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

17:18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

17:19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

17:20 For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

17:21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

17:32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

17:33 So Paul departed from among them.

17:34 Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.
Last edited by NavnDansk on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NavnDansk

Postby Sweejak » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:29 am

(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

Wow, the net has been around longer than I thought!

I've no problem with your editing at all since we are not in a 'he said she said' debate.

I think a lot of the symbols cross pollinate, and if they are archetypes anyway why argue about which faction is using them rather than looking at their origins.

When I was in Russia I noticed the Alexander column had the all seeing eye and when I asked I got the answer that it was a symbol of the Trinity. I don't know enough to say, but it was done by a Frenchman, oddly enough to celebrate the victory over Napoleon.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/svj/114474 ... 491919284/
Sweejak

the latest...

Postby IanEye » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 am

eat me
drink me
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby NavnDansk » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:32 am

SUPPER AT EMMAUS - Rembrandt

near the end of the Gospel of St. Luke AND HE WAS KNOWN TO THEM IN THE BREAKING OF THE BREAD.
http://www.abcgallery.com/R/rembrandt/rembrandt32.html
http://hopefulimagination.blogspot.com/ ... mmaus.html

+++++++++

Yes, the eighth installment is up. Just skimmed through it. Is that Crowley in the mirror and what is the name of the young man? Other than a litany of strange and terrible deaths doesn't really seem to be putting the pieces together. Will have to look up Hollywood Babylon and Day of the Locust. I keep thinking that part of Cointellpro was not only to infiltrate and misdirect but also to plant evidence about genuine activists that they were involved with "the Man." Almost every site online has been accused of being CIA and maybe they are, Huffpo barely mentioned the Hearing on Impeachment.

(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

Wow, the net has been around longer than I thought!

Thought your comment about the net was funny and true but then started thinking about how engaging Conspiratainment is and how it drives people away from the dangerous and very hard and steadfast grunt work of David Swanson, Col. Ann Wright, Sgt. Adam Kokesh and many others. There should have been thousands outside the Hearing Room and down the steps of the Capital bldg. rather than several hundred.

These sites sound interesting but haven't gotten around to reading them. But since I am trying to resist the idea that many have that the Freemasonry symbolism is more powerful that the Christian faith, am reading more of the Catholic Forums, some do address subjects such as Steven Spielberg's inclination to pedophilia and illustrates with scenes of young boys that are very strange such as Robin Williams being caressed over and over by many young boys in the Peter Pan film and some of the scenes in Jurrasic Park and some link to sites about detention camps in the USA. But also prayer threads and much interesting information on basic Christian theology which most people on left or alternate boards don't seem to be acquainted with - the closed-mindedness reminds me of people that I have tried to tell about the bush family going back to Prescott and the anomalies of 911.

I'm still not on board with Dave. Very interesting series though.

I am not fully "on board" either.

Anyone lurking have an opinion on this?!?

I think much of it is true. The military intelligence backgrounds of so many of these musicians, but would have to spend too much time to verify the truth.

I would really like to know about that film studio in Laural Canyon but I think it is like an AGV (sp) - an energy sink and a distraction - he didn't have any footnotes so encourages people to waste time on looking up the things he references but has not links for and somewhat of a shock and demoralizing to anyone who enjoyed the music and the clothes, jewelry and art of the 1960s. A book like Silva mind control spoke of an experiment done by the Russians, no mention of torture or abuse but that people who were talented in art were hypnotized to believe they were one of the past great masters in art and after studying/copying the works by the masters would do their own original work but in the style of the appointed artist. The writer spoke of how strange it was for one of the art students to come up to him and introduce themselves as Raphael or Michaelangelo - there were no photos in this book but I would love to see the work these Russian student produced under hypnosis.

Satan can only counterfeit what God does. The Revelation of the Method is a shoddy attempt to copy and surpass the real Revelation or unveiling in the Bible. Jesus said that the anti-christ would be so convincing that, if it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived but that those day of terrible suffering and tribulation would be shortened for the sake of the elect.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/15-51.htm

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/work?workNumber=NG45

The Woman taken in Adultery

Wonderful evocation of the immense mystery of life and of God in the enormous temple walls and his own special chariscuro.

REMBRANDT

Rembrandt portrays a Bible story about the nature of God's forgiveness for those who sin. The subject comes from the Gospel of Saint John.

The Scribes and Pharisees, knowing that Jesus took pity on wrong-doers, tried to catch him condoning disobedience to the Law. They brought a woman to him who had been caught in the act of adultery and said, 'Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such. What do you say about her?' Christ replied, 'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her' (John 8: 3-7).

In Rembrandt's interpretation, Christ's stature is exaggerated to make him seem taller (and by analogy morally superior) than those trying to trick him.

The work is dated 1644, although it is more characteristic of his paintings of the 1630s in its detail, colouring, quality of light, and the small scale of the figures. It shows Rembrandt's gift as a colourist; although the colours are generally muted, there are balancing touches of brightness, for example in the dull gold of the throne and the altar.

Oil on oak

b]Liturgy and Sacraments
The Eucharist, Mass, baptism, confession, abuses, Vatican rules[/b]

http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 95,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. After registering you'll be able to:

* Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers

* Participate in all forum discussions

* Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world

* Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account login? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Young Earth v. Old Earth (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

This comes from the Sequence for the Solemnity of Corpus Christi. It's the best answer I can think of for questions such as the one submitted by the OP.
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=255630

Re: Receiving the Eucharist and or the Precious Blood

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Communion Under Both Kinds

In the Catholic teaching on the Eucharist this meaning is fully verified. ... of the Eucharist. His mention of both species, "the bread and chalice", ...
www.newadvent.org/cathen/04175a.htm

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Blessed Eucharist as a Sacrament

The question may eventually be reduced to this whether or not the sacramentality is to be sought for in the Eucharistic species or in the Body and Blood of ...
www.newadvent.org/cathen/05584a.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+Euch ... th+species

John 6:63? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4)

Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics
John 6:63?

They stopped believing when they heard this...Joh 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me

See? Then you're not confused after all.

++++++++++++

I guess I'm not confused. I could have just been trying to make it too confusing deep in my mind or something...It seems very easy to understand now. If I didnt believe in the Real Presence though, I would be about as confused as one possibly could be lol Praise God that I believe Him when He says that For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=3969301

Re: John 6:63?
John 6:51: the bread
Luke 22:19: he took the bread

John 6:51: that I will give
Luke 22:19: gave it to them

John 6:51: is my flesh
Luke 22:19: is my body

John 6:51: for the life of the world
Luke 22:19: for you

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john6.htm
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/luke/luke22.htm

So, why do you think they all walked away in John 6:66?

They stopped believing when they heard this...John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Re: John 6:63?
Many times the "flesh" means human ability and power, in contrast with God's power.

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:25

For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

Rom 8:3

St Paul is not saying that sin resides in our fleshly bodies. That would be a Gnostic heresy. Instead, "flesh" means our human natures. Protestants and Catholic commentators agree with this definition of flesh.

But then in John 6:63, some Protestants define "flesh" as the physicalness of Christ's body. But if we interpret this verse that way, then we would have to deny that the physical sufferings of Christ on the Cross purchased our redemption. For if "the flesh profits for nothing" then how could Christ's fleshly body being hung on the Cross profit for our salvation?

So it makes better sense to see that the "flesh profits for nothing" as meaning that man's own power apart from God profits for nothing.

With that in mind, this verse actually reinforces the Catholic interpretation. Jesus was saying that it is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that bread can become His body. No mere man in his own ability can do this ("the flesh profits for nothing").

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A-H7N6xLBiE
Beautiful video Sandy.
Thank you,
God bless
Annie

Well done this is a beautiful video. I will be using this resource to teach my year 9 classes. God bless you young lady, well done.

Thank you for this beautiful video. It makes for some nice and spiritual viewing, especially after the more recent incidents of stealing hosts from churches. Very nice and thank you.

LIVE FOOTAGE OF THE DESCENT OF THE HOLY EUCHARIST
Views: 38,734

THE EUCHARIST (part 1 of 3)
Views: 2,727

Eucharistic Adoration
Views: 15,028

Miracles of the Eucharist
Views: 5,446

Sandy

1Hope4All
Pray for the Holy Souls
Jesus is the Eucharist

The problem is that none of the apostles in their letters make any mention of this. Paul is the only one that mentions the last supper that i'm aware of and he makes no mention or inference that eating it leads to eternal life......It makes me wonder--
+++++++

What's to wonder?

Jesus said it in John.

We have an account of the last supper.

There is no contradiction here.

The connection between the two was understood by Christians for at least 15 centuries (including Luther) the same as today's Catholic understand it.

Since some today distance themselves as much as they can from the Catholic Church, they work to deny as many Catholic teachings as possible.
They've thrown the baby Jesus out with the bath water.

So today you ask "why wasn't it made more clear?"
It was clear to those in the first century. (we know from their writings)

It was clear to those after the apostles in the second through 4th centuries. (we know from their writings)

It's was clear to those all the way up to the 10th century. (we know from their writings)

It was clear to those all the way up to the 15th century. (we know from their writings)

It is clear to Catholics, Orthodox, and other non-Catholics even today.

You're call for clarity is to ignore what has been understood and has been a constant teaching for 2000 years.

obstinate?

+++++++++++++++++

do believe as Jesus said in John 6:55 - "For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed." But a little bit further down is where I am having trouble. In John 6:63, He says, "It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life." It seems that our Lord is saying that His flesh and blood should be thought of spiritually. Maybe there is somebody out there that can see where my confusion is coming from and help me understand it where both John 6:55 and 6:63 can be seen as compatible because, at the moment, it really doesn't. Thanks in advance and God bless you all.

+++++
So, why do you think they all walked away in John 6:66?

John 6:66 always struck me as the true mark of the beast. If that verse doesn't stick out to you, I dont think any would. They denied the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and believed no longer. That epitomizes the mark of the beast in my opinion.
The interesting thing I learned about the verse numberings is that they are a Protestant invention. Ironic?:)

In the meantime, please watch my video Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
NavnDansk

Postby thurnundtaxis » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 pm

This is actually several days old, but, here's part IX for those who have been interested in McGowan's intriguing rummagings vis-a-vis:

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr101.html
thurnundtaxis

Postby IanEye » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:46 pm

for folks who are enjoying this series, you might want to also research the name Marshall Brickman, by clicking above....
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Fat Lady Singing » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:07 pm

The thing that has spooked (no pun intended) me the most about this series is his mention and photo of Beatle Bob, a member of the Freaks dance troupe or whatever you might call them. Freeloaders?

Anyway, there's a guy right now who goes by Beatle Bob, who worms his way into shows for free and just dances and dances. He was interviewed here:

http://tinyurl.com/69873l

From this piece, he's too young to be the same Beatle Bob, but when you look at the photo from http://tinyurl.com/6ah588 (scroll far down, he's in the background, the only guy with a Beatle haircut), and when you've seen the current BB dance, which is just like that, it's just too... coincidental, surely.

The current BB does have a dodgy and somewhat mysterious past (and present), and he's certainly a fascinating character in his own right. The only reason I made the connection is that my husband has talked about him for years, since he knows him from the music scene. He's talked to BB, but he thinks BB is kinda weird, although he couldn't really put his finger on why.

BB has his own MySpace page, of course. Somehow. I actually don't want to link to it, because I wouldn't want him to come tracking back over here and perhaps have his feelings hurt--he seems like a kinda fragile guy. I don't know if he could possibly be the BB from the Laurel Canyon days, or if he perhaps styles himself after the original BB... All I know is that the resemblance (and I showed the Freaks photo to several people who know the current BB, and they said, "yep, that's him") is incredibly startling, and the MO is the same...

It's unsettling, at any rate.
Fat Lady Singing

Postby RocketMan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:47 pm

The latest update is perhaps the most interesting yet... A secret Nazi compound in LA later coopted by the Manson family.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Back to Manson, for a moment

Postby LilyPatToo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Just watched an MSNBC news video of Sharon Tate's younger sister in which she pooh-poohs all the rumors of "devil worship" etc. being involved. And then she mentions that her and Sharon's father was military intelligence/counter intelligence...!

Video interview

Then she ends by stating very strongly her conviction that "the Devil is alive and well" :shock: :roll:

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

PreviousNext

Return to High Weirdness