Laurel Canyon

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Laurel Canyon

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:09 pm

That is an interesting Zappa (but not Zappa Family Trust) project by filmmaker Alex Winter:

-- Make a documentary.
-- catalogue and digitize items in Zappa's Vault.
-- publish a book, recordings, and offer other Zappa related items.
-- offer items and privileges to financial backers.

Based upon the $9 million for the house and $3 million quoted to catalogue and make the documentary, the four Zappa children should also make some bank.

Interviews have already been recorded with Gail (who approved of the project before her death) and the other Zappas support the project and will be interviewed.

See the link.
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby vince » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Jeez... the house might've SOLD already!
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 pm

vince » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:13 am wrote:Jeez... the house might've SOLD already!

Here is what I get at ebay:

"This listing (182047873438) has been removed, or this item is not available."

The Who the F*@% is Frank Zappa? website doesn't mention that the house has sold.

If one clicks on "Get all the details here" on the movie website, one gets an ebay page showing an active auction, weird.

For $9MM, you'll get every reward listed on this page and the Zappas will give you permanent ownership of Frank's Hollywood mansion.

Get all the details here.
PufPuf93

Postby MinM » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:54 am

This guy has Laurel Canyon written all over him...
IanEye » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:50 pm wrote:From the archives:

Interesting bit about mind control and war at the end.

temp-monitor » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:04 am wrote:
General Patton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:This is a huge win for Le Pen and Russia. I doubt Hollande is capable of coming down hard enough to keep the wolves at bay. I'm curious to see where Peter Sutherland, Merkel, Soros, Hollande and all of the EUcrats end up 10 years from now.

That's a peculiarly right-wing point-of-view for this board.

This is a huge win for NATO. And it fits in perfectly with all the Greatest Hits from Operation Gladio.

One observation:

The concert slaughter itself seems to have been the "centerpiece" of these attacks. Was the Eagles of Death Metal show a random or specifically targeted band?

If you were to ask me the most "conservative" right-wing genre of music, of course it's metal.

If you were to ask me who's the most right-wing high-profile individual in rock, it's Josh Homme.

Homme wasn't at the show, even though it's his band. Jesse Hughes, however, shares Homme's views.

The victimization of Eagles of Death Metal surely gives the band a higher profile, and their political views a higher profile.

If you're NATO planning a Gladio B attack in Paris, why not maximize the potential benefits by attacking a musical group that will vocally draw right-wing lessons from it?

NATO, of course, was kicked out of France by DeGaulle specifically out of fear of false flags. NATO was invited back into France by Sarkozy.

Another interesting intersection here:

U2 was scheduled to play tomorrow in Paris in a show broadcast by HBO. U2 cancelled a show in Stockholm on September 21 due to a gunman spotted in the theater dressed as a policeman.

Jesse Hughes has described U2 as one of his favorite bands, oddly. Homme, on the other hand, is vocally not fond of U2. U2 have stated on BBC that Hughes was the inspiration for their 2009 single "Get On Your Boots". An overlapping series of fates?

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/10/469693145 ... depression
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:23 am

if Josh Homme is a conservative we/the world need more conservatives like him.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby SonicG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:46 am

I have a lot of respect for Homme even though that Iggy collab. sounds terrible (judging by one song but...)...I think he probably considers himself a libertarian or maybe even a Libertarian but I figure in the same vein as Doug Stanhope and the Tool singer...both also High-Desert Dwellers so there is that but those other two have shown themselves to be ruggedly independent AFAP within their given framework although Stanhope much more so and much more entertaining to me personally...Although I'd like to try Maynard's wine....
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby semper occultus » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:01 am

...never knew the rather interesting background of the lovely Olivia Newton-John ...

Newton-John was born in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, to a Welsh father, Brinley "Bryn" Newton-John, and a Berlin-born mother, Irene Helene (née Born), the eldest child of the Nobel Prize-winning atomic physicist Max Born. Her mother's family had left Germany before World War II to avoid the Nazi regime (Newton-John's maternal grandfather was Jewish and her maternal grandmother was of paternal Jewish ancestry). She is a third cousin of comedian Ben Elton. Her maternal great-grandfather was jurist Victor Ehrenberg and her matrilineal great-grandmother's father was jurist Rudolf von Jhering. Newton-John is the youngest of three children, following brother Hugh, a doctor, and sister Rona, an actress who was married to Grease co-star Jeff Conaway from 1980 until their divorce in 1985. Newton-John's father was an MI5 officer on the Enigma project at Bletchley Park who took Rudolf Hess into custody during the Second World War. In 1954, when she was six, Newton-John's family emigrated to Melbourne, Australia, where her father worked as a professor of German and as Master of Ormond College at the University of Melbourne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Newton-John#Early_life_and_beginnings
semper occultus

Postby divideandconquer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:14 pm

The ruling elite and the puppets they groom truly believe that they are an advanced form of human even when they're stone cold sober.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby chump » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Echo In The Canyon celebrates the explosion of popular music that came out of LA’s Laurel Canyon in the mid-60s as folk went electric and The Byrds, The Beach Boys, Buffalo Springfield and The Mamas and the Papas gave birth to the California Sound.  It was a moment (1965 to 1967) when bands came to LA to emulate The Beatles and Laurel Canyon emerged as a hotbed of creativity and collaboration for a new generation of musicians who would soon put an indelible stamp on the history of American popular music.

Featuring Jakob Dylan, the film explores the beginnings of the Laurel Canyon music scene.  Dylan uncovers never-before-heard personal details behind the bands and their songs and how that music continues to inspire today.  Echo in the Canyon contains candid conversations and performances with Brian Wilson, Ringo Starr, Michelle Phillips, Eric Clapton, Stephen Stills, David Crosby, Graham Nash, Roger McGuinn and Jackson Browne as well as contemporary musicians they influenced such as Tom Petty (in his very last film interview), Beck, Fiona Apple, Cat Power, Regina Spektor and Norah Jones.

Release Date: May 24, 2019
Director: Andrew Slater
chump

Postby FourthBase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:14 pm

This will sound ludicrous to some of you, but wouldn't it make more sense for the pedigreed, occulted proto-hippies of Laurel Canyon to be KGB-asset saboteurs as opposed to CIA-asset saboteurs? Seems improbable to me that the motive of discrediting the anti-war left would be anywhere near worth the risk of seeding a counterculture that could metastasize and backfire, which, it did. Seems more probable that an enemy of America would want to disrupt and demoralize a generation. :shrug:
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby lucky » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:32 am

Bumped to High weirdness - loved this thread drew me in deep to something novel for me.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Sounder » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:40 am

Yes lucky, this is a good one, looking at the shadow looking at us.
Sounder

Previous

Return to High Weirdness