Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:44 pm

"He's absolutely right when he says that we're trading integrity for money." -- Ash's Mum

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37617
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:51 pm

See thread title.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:04 pm

brainpanhandler » 13 Jan 2014 18:51 wrote:See thread title.

Is that an original RI Quote?

Why do you object to Nortoms mum being here? I trust Norton, and its his quote. Go moan to him about it.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby norton ash » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi, BPH, and thanks to slimmouse. I hope you're splitting hairs just for fun, but quoting my mum should qualify.

My father used to say, "Some people are just a pimple on the arse of progress." Doh.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 pm

norton ash » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 pm wrote:Hi, BPH, and thanks to slimmouse. I hope you're splitting hairs just for fun, but quoting my mum should qualify.

My father used to say, "Some people are just a pimple on the arse of progress." Doh.

I think you know me well enough to know I don't really care.

Is your mum a member though?

Imagining my mother as a member here is surreal and frightening.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Homeless Halo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:41 pm wrote:could be just about anything. Implants/microwave bombarment, skeleton resonance broadcasting,"aliens", shell programming resulting from trauma/abuse/misaligned ritual, adoricism/possession(voudou) gone a mishap, qlippothic disintegration, schizophrenia, etc. I'd probably bet on chronic manic depression coupled with LSD overdose induced schziophrenia (I'd have to see MRIs). But it could be "etheric parasites" or something exotic like that.
brainpanhandler

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 am

Belligerent Savant wrote:If "you" were one of them, you wouldn't be one of the 85 richest people, of course, as to reach such levels of materialism requires personality traits outside your area of 'desire', for lack of a better term. We can only speculate on the extent these individuals experience any measure of self-reflection leading to thoughts of 'ending themselves' due to their lives of excess/greed.
Indeed, it is precisely their solipsism, their lack of self-reflection and/or empathy that in many ways are integral to their material 'achievements'.

I want to learn to write like that. Hell, I'd settle for such high-quality THINKING. :adore:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Elihu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am

"it must be the insufferable sanctimony." - nordic
Elihu

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:32 am

But you're soaking in it. You've been soaking in it since birth.

Me, from the thread Elihu doesn't link to.
viewtopic.php?t=35469&p=478467#p478405

I thought this thread was "RI quotes," not "Flamewar by Other Means," but I guess there's no avoiding that. In any case, I'm in the process of leaving this board for a while, so feel free to defame in this cowardly and obtuse way.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:30 pm

compared2what? » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 pm wrote:I think you're underestimating how much people are willing to overlook in order to maintain a belief that's in some way gratifying to them.
brainpanhandler

Postby RocketMan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:43 am

Nordic wrote:Men. Why am I one? This is why I always had more female friends than male. Men are dicks.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby FourthBase » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 am

OP ED » 06 Feb 2014 23:30 wrote: everyone in california is only 3 degrees away from catching Charlie Manson's herpes.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby brainpanhandler » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:06 am

Rigorous Intuition » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:21 pm wrote: I haven't done this before, and I'm not happy about doing this now, but I'm closing this thread.

Jeff » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:39 pm wrote:Locking this, because...

just because.
brainpanhandler

Postby Gnomad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm

DrVolin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 am wrote:I'm a hypothetical realist. I am willing to accept the possibility that there is a reality out there. At least, that is, until I have good evidence that there isn't.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Saurian Tail » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 pm

This one is pretty epic …
FourthBase » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:58 pm wrote:I'm not left with much choice than to do exactly that, to gather evidence to indict you as a passive-aggressive psychological-fascist.
"Taking it in its deepest sense, the shadow is the invisible saurian tail that man still drags behind him." -Carl Jung
Saurian Tail

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie