Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Heaven Swan wrote: I’m not a believer in the germ/contagion theory. The population has been indoctrinated by 100+ years of propaganda by the medical cartel.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 pm

dada » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:25 pm wrote:
It's absurd sci-fi novels, all the way down.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pm

JackRiddler » Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 am wrote: ...you write more like you were abandoned in a think tank back-room and raised by an algorithm for word salad sprinkled with platitudes and generic insults.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri May 15, 2020 1:26 pm

alloneword » Fri May 15, 2020 11:03 am wrote:...the whole adherence to 'Lockdown' could perhaps be seen as the cheapest display of virtue-signalling ever devised, in that all that is required of it's participants is to literally do absolutely nothing, except sit, staring at the wallpaper, waiting for some free money to appear, occasionally opening the front door to clap like a performing seal - whilst saving lives, of course.
Belligerent Savant

Postby JackRiddler » Fri May 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu May 28, 2020 10:48 pm wrote:I still can't tell if I'm in a re-education camp after some revolution, if I'm Schutzstaffel Revival, or if I'm just in a gay punk band.

c.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 pm

liminalOyster » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 pm wrote:An idea/suggestion/thought: whenever I go to post any of the following, I always have to spend a moment searching for the link. Perhaps these threads could be collected in a special subfolder: Quotes, RI Quotes, Images Only, Video Only.

Welcome to L'Encyclopedie.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:09 pm

JackRiddler » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:00 pm wrote:After brainstorming, here is a list of major threats to freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of political expression emanating from systemic power centers and powerful actors and institutions in the United States, Britain, and other "Western" countries:

- Treatment of Assange, Snowden, and Manning.

- Recent treatment of other government and corporate whistleblowers.

- The many arms of the surveillance state and its recent explosive growth in scope, depth, integration, legal cover, sophistication, and power potentials.

- The corporate-owned surveillance society: corporate collection of comprehensive and finely-grained data about everything everyone does at all times, with its chilling potential on speech; corporate moves toward establishing a more open system of Western-style "social credit ratings" like in China; online sorting of access to platforms, power and services by proprietary systems governed by unpublished algorithms.

- Direct corporate power over speech: the power of the corporate media and social-media cartels to determine whose speech and what views are favored; their power to block out and censor dissenting and outside views; to define what counts as a political issue and what doesn't, and to set the terms of political debates; and to designate what is and is not to be labeled as "propaganda," what qualifies as "conspiracy theory," as "fake," or as a "state propaganda" outlet, always basing these judgments on inconsistently applied criteria related to their own interests and unrelated to valid, coherent definitions of these categories.

- The routinely violent and extreme police response to protest and assembly, especially to those protesting police conduct and law enforcement and carceral policy.

- Actual movement fascists, movement racists, and like-minded persons shooting at protesters, running them over with cars, doxxing and threatening their lives, etc.

- The attempted designation by the government (and various patsies and interest groups) of a loosely-defined political stance against 'fascism as a primary enemy' (a.k.a. 'Antifa') as terrorist, inherently violent, or a powerful conspiracy in its own right. (This is one kind of current Red Scare.)

- The many other direct threats of actions against journalists made by the present administration and other high-ranking political figures.

- The push over several years to defame, block and censor those who do not conform with the general #Russiagate line, and cause them to lose their jobs, contracts, and venues. (Another kind of current Red Scare.)

- The so-far frighteningly successful push to block and censor those who express condemnation of Israeli actions or support for the BDS movement as necessarily "anti-Semitic," and to cause them to lose their jobs, contracts, and venues. (Yet another kind of current Red Scare. This is how the lion's share of the academics who have been terminated for political statements recently actually lost their jobs, but it is not a problem identified by anti-"Cancel Culture" signatories.)

- Recent state laws and federal regulations that make punishable, among other things, the publication of photos taken at factory farms; establish harsh prison sentences for blocking traffic, 'trespassing' on oil pipelines (including on your own land), or interfering with vaguely-defined 'governmental administration'; and give immunity to drivers who run over protesters.

- The hidden icebergs of the espionage-corporate complex: activities of state, state-backed, state-corporate, state or multi-state intel, and corporate-funded think-tanks, fronts, lobbies, PR and marketing outfits, infiltration efforts, cooptation efforts, and private "public service" or "non-governmental" initiatives, who engage in contracted propaganda operations, political manipulations, unannounced "nudges," and other activities in which they do not openly disclose themselves as agents or benefactors of their respective sponsors, and do not make clear their actual agendas. This is another potent form by which wealth controls, manipulates, misleads, suppresses, and chills political speech.

- Rigging and fraud in elections, lawmaking, and regulation: The dozens of ways in which regulation, legislation, and elections (the last being ostensibly the most important political expression available to the people) are now more openly and shamelessly rigged than ever by money; more money; yet more money; corporate lobbies; political machines; geostrategy and natsec lobbies; systematic voter suppression on a perpetually larger and ever-bolder scale; control by corporate media and its advertisers of public agendas, spins, and air-time granted to views, spokespersons, and candidates; planned scandal/crisis/distraction operations; strangleholds over primary and general election procedures and abuse thereof by the "major" parties; forced winner-take-all logic and moral shaming favoring the two "major" parties; gerrymandering; the inherently corrupt practice of legislative seniority; disinfo operations and fake scandals, and more. (And, presumably, through the use of proprietary black-box voting machines that are both riggable - from the inside - as well as hackable from the outside.)

- Organized panic campaigns that present any of the above, or other major threats to free speech, not primarily as functions of systemic features and power-groups operating from within the system, but as "attacks" on the system practiced by agents of vaguely defined foreign entities like "Russia" or "China," or by mysterious non-existent cabals of various kinds, or by annoying angry college students.

I hope that lends perspective to the relative importance of 'Cancel Culture.' I'm sure this list is missing one or more items that also merit greater concern.

I submit that if those who decry 'Cancel Culture' do not, with equal or greater vigor, also decry any of the items on the above list, they are exposing themselves

a) as concernment liberals who do not understand or who wish to obscure the structures and sources of real power in our societies; or,

b) as persons who like to make faux-courageous stands against easy and relatively safe targets, like angry college students, usually on behalf of a (right-wing) political agenda; or,

c) as professional performer/artists/pundits who for whatever reason feel more threatened by audience rejection than by structural power and structural violence.

Independently of motive, however, they are

d) willing to function to buttress the established relations of power and violence in the Anglo-American or "Western" societies, by helping to engender a peripheral distraction from real power centers and bigger issues threatening freedom of speech and political expression in general.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:36 pm

^ :thumbsup
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Not an 'original RI' quote, at least not directly, but my 5 yr old daughter asked me, earlier today:

..dad, how are we real?

Indeed.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Belligerent Savant » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:57 pm wrote:.

Not an 'original RI' quote, at least not directly, but my 5 yr old daughter asked me, earlier today:

..dad, how are we real?

Indeed.

:rofl2 :thumbsup
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby chump » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:22 am

Elvis » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:18 am wrote:
Unfortunately COVID-1984 continues to escalate

Of course it escalates when people ignore and resist countermeasures. Way to help the Man.

Why does Taiwan not need a vaccine?
Why does the US need a vaccine?

Who originates this "masks are stupid" messaging? The people who profit from prolonging the pandemic. That's who.

- :partyhat -
chump

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:59 pm

stickdog99 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm wrote:The establishment's collective response to the Hunter Biden emails may one of the scariest development to date in a long line of dystopian nightmares.

Nobody in our entire political, corporate, technological and/or media establishment is denying the veracity of the emails. Not even the Bidens themselves. So we are all forced accept the veracity of these emails.

However, everybody in our entire political, corporate, technological and/or media establishment is falling all over themselves to debase and deride any media outlet with the temerity to publish, disseminate, or discuss these emails. Everybody in our entire political, corporate, technological and/or media is doing everything in their power to censor and/or vilify the content of these obviously real emails. And everybody in our entire political, corporate, technological and/or media is doing everything in their power to debase the content of these emails with the spurious specter of "Russian interference."

Is this what we can expect from a Biden administration? Lockstep Pravda media worship and gaslighting? Widespread vilification and platform censorship of any valid reporting and analysis of any Biden scandals, corruption, or missteps in leadership? And if all else fails, reflexive blame of a Russian bogeyman anytime anything goes wrong or anyone legitimately protests anything?
Belligerent Savant

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:21 pm

dada » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:40 pm wrote:I get the feeling that I and the sultan are coming from and going in opposite directions. When I bring things back to their base reality I end up in a place that looks very different than what it is for the sultan. What the next cycle means for each of us is going to have a lot to do with what we think the base reality is.

I question whether the sultan is really awake or aware. The forms are ghostly, transparent. Base reality is seen through successive layers of transparencies. The odd fellow with the clever device is transparent, I see the haunted mansion I've been posting about through the transparency. For me, the mansion is more real than the physical person that I am.

The mansion is also transparent, I see the concepts that I've been hiding in my descriptions of the mansion, through it.

Behind the concepts, I see my editor. More real than all that. Killing time, pretty much just shitposting memes while waiting for the writer to finish writing what is written in the stars so he can edit it.

Beyond that are a few more transparencies. I won't bore with the details. But base reality begins at my editor. What is real and what is more real is flipped on its head. For me, for me.

To continue in the taoist vein, here's a line I like from the Jade Pivot:

[FOLLOW THE LINK]

JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:52 pm

stickdog99 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:32 pm wrote:
dada » 22 Nov 2020 22:39 wrote:"taking time off because others don't seem to understand the essential character of discussion."

I think it's pretty clear. My position is lunacy and authoritarianism, which everyone knows can only lead to the new world order of AI control. I represent the Bill Gates globalist agenda.

People might not like being put in that spot before any discussion gets underway. Not me of course, lunacy and authoritarianism are the bread and butter I swim in. But others might find it offputting.

You are some sick mother fuckers to post this bogus shit here while the death toll mounts in the US.

Yeah, us sick mofos who are actively helping fascists by posting bogus shit as we revel in people's loved ones getting killed by COVID-19 are obviously totally guilty of pigeon-holing others into offputtingly extreme positions before any discussion gets underway.

It's tragic how hyper-divided every dispute has gotten. For just one relevant example among scores, pro-science has now somehow come to mean the inflexible, unquestioning quasi-religious worship of the infallible authority of supposed "scientific consensus."

"I believe in science" is now as much of an article of faith as "I believe in God" once was. I was taught that science is a process that requires continual careful observational measurements and continually revised theoretical analysis based on these continual careful observational measurements. Thus to "believe in science" is to continually question rather than worship supposed scientific authority.

Today we have so many litmus tests that we are willing to "cancel" each other on for failing that we typically can no longer even argue productively with those (conspiracy) theories we disagree with or with those who disagree with our favored (conspiracy) theories..
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Nordic » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:32 pm wrote:
Belligerent Savant » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:44 pm wrote:.

I tend to look at the data/information available, and then attempt to filter through political leanings. Increasingly, trusting anyone at face-value is a risky proposition. Scientists aren't immune from compromise, but on average they can be trusted more than others (depending, of course, on their source of funding).

But there's an increasingly pervasive mindset out there fast becoming a pet-peeve of mine: the "because science" people. As in: "I subscribe fully to Dr. Fauci's guidance... because 'science'. "

Hubris. Arrogance. Worship of SCIENCE as the new Religion.

Yes, science is important. But "science" is not infallible. Science, in fact, requires scrutiny, and repeat testing, and most importantly, revisions to a given hypothesis when new findings dictate. (See: The Scientific Method).

The "...because science" card is an excuse to avoid critical thinking, or perhaps more importantly, to avoid challenging the status quo.

The Klaus Schwabs of the world, through their techno-fascist totalitarian takeover of the planet, want to eradicate actual religion and replace it with the worship of “science”.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie