Starving for good podcasts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Starving for good podcasts

Postby semper occultus » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:35 am

semper occultus » 18 Dec 2021 14:22 wrote:very entertaining BBC radio series featuring listeners real life supernatural experiences ( hope ya'll can hack any regional restrictions )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0010x7c

just finished the last episode of this BBC radio series on listener ghost experiences & I have to say it was really outstanding - its a bit like poetry - you have to hear it rather than read it to get the full effect :gringhost:
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Radio War Nerd

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:25 pm

RWN is the best analytic podcast I know, and one of only three currently that I pay to support, all through Patreon (the others are Aaron Mate and, starting this month, William Hogeland). John Dolan/Warnerd and Mark Ames do not rush to put out material. They are very thorough and maintain a high level of historical, contextual and analytic depth, expertise and research, and find the most awesome guests. (This is notwithstanding matters on which the hosts and I would disagree -- Covidianism, mostly, which barely figures here; also my internal jury is out on whose understanding of the current war in Ethiopia makes the most sense, given my ignorance).

Out of dozens of podcasts (mostly Youtube channels, actually) I watch or listen to here and there, this is always the one I put on as soon as it arrives. The current Civil War series is phenomenal. Can't take the time to list the many other highlights, but at random I think of the one on the 1979 storming of the mosques in Mecca. Also the series on the Yeltsin coup against the Russian parliament in 1993, when Ames was present in Moscow. Well worth the $5-$10 monthly cost (they charge $5 per podcast but no more than $10 a month, and have put out as many as four in a month). Well, if you're lucky enough to have that much to spare...

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Line Goes Up – The Problem With NFTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:09 pm

This one is just getting started, only four episodes so far. So you'll all be getting on at the ground floor, even though the blog has been going for while longer and is definitely worth a visit .

The Boggart & Banshee: A Supernatural Podcast: http://www.strangehistory.net/podcast/
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Previous

Return to L'Encyclopedie