Postby chump » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:26 pm

“You don’t have to be religious to have faith.”
- Priest who recommended the Curandero in The Curse of La Llorona
chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Quote Only Thread

Postby chump » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Actor James Woods (patsy portrayer) returning on Twitter:

“I’ve tried this past year to live without the wealth of knowledge available on Twitter, but this kind of blazing insight can be found nowhere else, so… I’m back!”

“I was on vacation awhile, avoiding the news. How’d the Mueller thing work out? The impeachment scam? Who won the Democratic nomination for President? How’s Jeffrey Epstein doing?”
chump

Postby chump » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 pm

chump

Postby thrulookingglass » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Perhaps the most paradoxical of lessons is that our god in a physical sense, Enki, is the one who we today call the devil; whereas our oppressor, the one who was dead-set against the advancement of mankind, the one who literally regarded us as disposable pieces of trash, is the one we now worship as our God - Enlil, the primary Jehovah/Yahweh of the Old Testament" - Michael Tellinger

You see, the devil's greatest trick wasn't convincing others he didn't exist, but into deceiving others that he was God. For a great deception is to be revealed. Now you know what we're up against.

On a side note, I watched Snowden recently as it was finally on broadcast cable. The rule of war is never reveal your position. The movie comes highly recommended by me. Another Oliver Stone masterpiece.
thrulookingglass

Postby chump » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:07 pm

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
~~ Marcel Proust
chump

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:43 pm

The catastrophe bond resolves the apparent dilemma -- [to "think the unthinkable"] -- by transforming uncertainty itself into a tradable event, protected by a legally binding contract. In the process it invents a form of property right that seeks to capture the speculative biological future at its most unpredictable—literally, before it has even emerged.

- Melinda Cooper, Life as surplus: Biotechnology and capitalism in the neoliberal era (2008)
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby chump » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 am

chump

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 am

From a 1980 interview:

Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue May 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Will
@Evolving_Moloch

'Arguably the most effective way to use Twitter is to find a community of like-minded individuals n spend much of ur time here repeatedly sharing content that reinforces what u all already believe. Whether that is a useful, productive or enjoyable thing to do u'll have to decide'

Belligerent Savant

Postby 0_0 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 am

"It is increasingly clear that, in the twentieth century, the expert will replace (...) the democratic voter in control of the political system (...) Hopefully, the elements of choice and freedom may survive for the ordinary individual in that he may be free to make a choice between two opposing political groups (even if these groups have little policy choice within the parameters of policy established by the experts) (...) in general, his freedom and choice will be controlled within very narrow alternatives." - Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope, p.866

"The society of experts will control propaganda and education. It will teach loyalty to the world government, and make nationalism high treason. The government, being an oligarchy, will install submissiveness into the great bulk of population (...) It is possible that it may invent ingenious ways of concealing its own power, leaving the forms of democracy intact, and allowing the plutocrats or politicians to imagine that they are cleverly controlling these forms (...) whatever the outward forms may be, all real power will come to be concentrated in the hands of those who understand the art of scientific manipulation." - Bertrand Russell, The Scientific Outlook, p. 175
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby 0_0 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 am

0_0 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 am wrote:"It is increasingly clear that, in the twentieth century, the expert will replace (...) the democratic voter in control of the political system (...) Hopefully, the elements of choice and freedom may survive for the ordinary individual in that he may be free to make a choice between two opposing political groups (even if these groups have little policy choice within the parameters of policy established by the experts) (...) in general, his freedom and choice will be controlled within very narrow alternatives." - Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope, p.866

"The society of experts will control propaganda and education. It will teach loyalty to the world government, and make nationalism high treason. The government, being an oligarchy, will install submissiveness into the great bulk of population (...) It is possible that it may invent ingenious ways of concealing its own power, leaving the forms of democracy intact, and allowing the plutocrats or politicians to imagine that they are cleverly controlling these forms (...) whatever the outward forms may be, all real power will come to be concentrated in the hands of those who understand the art of scientific manipulation." - Bertrand Russell, The Scientific Outlook, p. 175
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby dada » Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm

the nostalgia cycles will be so close together that people will not be able to take a step without being nostalgic for the one they just took. At that point, everything stops. Death by Nostalgia. - Zappa

I know it's "quotes only," but I'm going to comment anyway.

Everything has stopped. The prophesized cultural stasis is an endless immersion. Enter the internet. Here it does not matter what you engage with, but that you are engaged. Not what you watch, but that you watch. Not the stuff you say about stuff, but that you say stuff about stuff.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Everything has stopped. The prophesized cultural stasis is an endless immersion. Enter the internet. Here it does not matter what you engage with, but that you are engaged. Not what you watch, but that you watch. Not the stuff you say about stuff, but that you say stuff about stuff.

I just say nonsense+harry potter house and people think I am insightful and not stupid.

i.e. "Pompeo thinks he is Slytherin but if you read the news it is clear he is actually Hufflepuff."
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat May 23, 2020 7:16 pm

mentalgongfu2 » 24 May 2020 04:58 wrote:

I just say nonsense+harry potter house and people think I am insightful and not stupid.

i.e. "Pompeo thinks he is Slytherin but if you read the news it is clear he is actually Hufflepuff."

That is quite insightful mgf2
Joe Hillshoist

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:06 pm

bump
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie