"He is an aesthetic wedded to a perversion."

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"He is an aesthetic wedded to a perversion."

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 am

At least Trump 2016 has prompted the best piece of writing you will read this month, by one Phil Sandifer.

The essay, "Theses on Trump 16," almost a novella, has also been endorsed by Toronto collage artist Jeff Wells. (Some of you may have heard of him.)

Be warned that it gets very dirty at the climax. And thoroughly disheartening.

It is not quite possible for anyone who did not grow up in the greater New York area to understand him. It is not that rich idiots in the general case are unique to the Atlantic northeast; the British class system is founded on such people, after all. Rather it is the particular subspecies of rich idiot that he occupies; one that is, so far as I can tell, unique to the white-assimilated second and third generation immigrant populations of New York...

Yes I claim perogative for high literature. This thing should not be hidden away as a post in one of the stupid eleciton threads. Epic stuff. Would make a great movie.

One more teaser:

The Tower, in other words, cares more about looking like a skyscraper than being one...

http://www.eruditorumpress.com/blog/theses-on-trump-16/
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "He is an aesthetic wedded to a perversion."

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

See also: Neoreaction a Basilisk, by Phil Sandifer - five excerpts from a work in progress.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Addictive! Is it going to frighten me?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Nice! Devastatingly good read. Now, can we get a unpacking of illary Clinton's psyche ? Since they are the twin towers of American entropy, You know, to be fair & balanced.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:30 am

Yes, that was a hella good read. I've sent it around. I've read it twice already and I am fixin' to read it again.

I will say this I really enjoyed the reasonable explanation of the racism baked in in that area. Like 15 years ago I went into a newsgroup battle with these racist fucks on Long Island. I was always amazed at how provincial and cruel they were. They didn't realize they were CCing me among themselves. So I read the discussion that they had among one another. Basically it was all about how I was an idiot for telling them to be nice to minorities. I wish I still had a copy of the exchange.

In fact, come to think of it the battle was over Mexicans being rapists. That is where trump gets it.

EDIT to add it was over some NPR story I heard on the radio about it.
Last edited by 82_28 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:39 am

Exploring mysterious deep, dark scary places is so much fun, huh Grizzly.

Well, while we await the brave soul who's going to dissect Hillary's fetid psyche, how about watching this short movie with long impact: "Best of Luck with the Wall," by Josh Begley.

Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:59 am

Great vid. Iamwhoiam. Thanks for the link! What a motherfucking idiot trump is.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 am

None of the people on this thread is going to get inside Hillary's psyche, nor will any man, perhaps Fanon. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, not because she's a biological woman, but because she's an apparatchik. I submit that if you get the system, or I should say The System, then you know all you need to know about this person at this point in her life.

So I read the five online sections of Neoreaction a Basilisk and totally wanted to pay $5 to get the whole book as a PDF, but guess what? The Kickstarter ended in June, one can no longer donate and download, and I can't fucking find the full PDF online. Does anyone know how to do this? Please help! This stuff is great and me want read whole thing in order. Like ultimate RI. Were he here, he'd be the king.

JackRiddler

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:14 am

I can slightly "get into the head of Hillary" as I have said before. I grew up with friends of the Clintons and can vouch for the fact that Hillary is a somewhat normal person. Again, I will not be voting for her, but maybe I've lived all my life in a Dickian world. But I don't know.
82_28

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:51 am

JackRiddler » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:00 am wrote:.

None of the people on this thread is going to get inside Hillary's psyche, nor will any man, perhaps Fanon. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, not because she's a biological woman, but because she's an apparatchik. I submit that if you get the system, or I should say The System, then you know all you need to know about this person at this point in her life.

So I read the five online sections of Neoreaction a Basilisk and totally wanted to pay $5 to get the whole book as a PDF, but guess what? The Kickstarter ended in June, one can no longer donate and download, and I can't fucking find the full PDF online. Does anyone know how to do this? Please help! This stuff is great and me want read whole thing in order. Like ultimate RI. Were he here, he'd be the king.

Invite them.

They're probably still producing it or something.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:02 am

JackRiddler » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:00 am wrote:.

Cheers for posting that JR. I really enjoyed it, especially where he painted the picture of the milleau that Trump came from. I was reminded of Trading Places - perhaps Trump is being cast in the role of Louie, with the Evil Bush Family in the background...

I searched extensively for the full pdf for Neoreaction a Basilisk without success - perhaps
dropping an email to Phil Sandifer?
Searcher08

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 am

JackRiddler » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:00 am wrote:.

Were he here, he'd be the king.

Presumably Dr. Who fanfic requires too much of his time and resources, but I'd appreciate a new king.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:48 am

and there I was thinking RI was a non-authoritarian place.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby norton ash » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest -- Denis Diderot

Ooh, Diderot might get a week off for that one.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Nordic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:49 pm

"Hillary is a somewhat normal person"

Hitler loved dogs.

"A no fly zone is going to kill a lot of Syrians". -- Hillary Clinton

"I really want a no-fly zone!" -- Hillary Clinton
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)