The Curious Case of Wayfair

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Curious Case of Wayfair

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Let's start with the debunkerologist summary:

https://gizmodo.com/about-the-wayfair-child-trafficking-conspiracy-1844342713

The cabinets, named “Neriah,” “Yaritza,” “Samiyah,” and “Alyvia,” cost an average of roughly $13,000 each and come from the Wayfair-trademarked WFX Utility store, where a professionally-photographed nine-piece full kitchen cabinet set is going for $1,430. According to Redditor Forsaken-Clock, who claims to have been onto the conspiracy earlier, the cabinets disappeared from Wayfair.com shortly after they reported them to the human trafficking hotline. (They still appear in Google cache.)

“I can not believe my eyes that they’ve deleted those cabinets off the site,” one redditor wrote. “It’s from a private seller on Wayfair,” another replied. The Wayfair cabinets only show up under the Wayfair-trademarked store WFX Utility. We don’t know who’s selling them, basically. And Wayfair did not respond to a request for comment.

Another redditor pointed out that Wayfair had furnished a migrant detention camp and that there have been “ongoing issues with tracking where all these kids are ending up.”

Best to stop at the cabinets, because the Reddit thread then leads to a certifiable closet of horrors: a user noticed that if you type in the SKU code after “src us,” images suggesting child abuse appear. I will not confirm this and suggest you tread lightly because you could inadvertently violate the law. But one Redditor pointed out that “src us” alone pulls up the images because of a horrific Russian image hosting website which ends in src.ru. Another user pointed out that simply typing “young” into Yandex only pulls up images of young girls “in revealing clothing.”

Twitter users ran with the conspiracy. Various accounts, including “Q the Wake Up” found that names of missing children match up with cabinets as well as a $9,999 zodiac pillow (now removed from the site). Another person claimed to have screengrabbed the pillow on sale with a significantly reduced price seconds after refreshing the page. A $10,000 cactus (which was online this afternoon and now appears to be removed) is pictured next to books about the Kennedys and the Clintons!!

But practically every throw pillow and accent chair has a human name attached, and outrageously overpriced items do not a child trafficking scandal make. Redditor forestein proposed two equally plausible theories. “Wayfair is a drop shipping company, so the least nefarious explanation is likely that particular sellers on wayfair are overpricing items, simply bc they can. The other explanation, in my mind, is that these overpriced items are being used to launder money (which makes a bit more sense to me, because who in their right mind would fall for a drop shipping scam of buying a $45k zodiac pillow that looks like it’s worth $2?).”

Earlier today, a Wayfair representative told Fox Business News that “There is, of course, no truth to these claims. The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced.”

Except, of course, they're not. I've outfitted a fair few industrial and manufacturing sites and for five figures, you get a lot more than a fuckin' cabinet -- you get room-sized stainless steel shelving systems with counters, overhead storage and integrated plumbing and electrical systems.

Here's the full statement:

"There is, of course, no truth to these claims. The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced. Recognizing that the photos and descriptions provided by the supplier did not adequately explain the high price point, we have temporarily removed the products from site to rename them and to provide a more in-depth description and photos that accurately depict the product to clarify the price point."

Now, the consistency of the naming aspects make this whole flap irreducibly creepy, but I do agree with the Redditor above that this was more likely just a money laundering / illegal payments system hidden in plain sight. Especially since this is not just a matter of "accurately priced" "industrial grade cabinets," it's also a matter of $10,000 pillows -- one pillow, mind -- and baby albums going for eleven grand.

Just like good old Pizzagate, the debunkers tend to focus on the most ridiculous framing possible. "Kids Shipped in Armoires?" scoffs the dead husk of Newsweek, but of course, nobody is saying that. What we're looking at here is a payment system. Nobody is shipping cabinets or pillows or cactii here at all.

This was odd, this was inconclusive, but this was not nothing.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Curious Case of Wayfair

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 am

Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:31 am

HUMAN TRAFFICKING VAN
found abandoned in an alley.
Have a look INSIDE.
Trigger Warning
https://twitter.com/_WhiteRabbitt_/status/1279844908635914240
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:43 am

Be nice if we had some better provenance for that video. Looks like a restaurant's mobile cook station to me. Stainless steel everywhere, power and a propane hookup.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:48 am

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 am

On the other hand we have...

(see link for images & better formatting)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1281 ... 51712.html
Profile picture
failed state barbie

Profile picture
a day ago, 21 tweets, 8 min read

I should be sleeping but I'm going to try to answer some questions about this #Wayfair conspiracy and weirdly high-priced items

1. Why does WF have storage cabinets for $9k?

A. Items on WF are sold by merchants who can add items to their catalogue and price them however. (1/?)

Wayfair has little if anything to do with this, they just host listings on their website.

2. So why are those sellers selling them for that much?

A. When an item in a seller's catalogue sells its last piece and goes out of stock they can either a: delete the listing until...(2/?)

The item comes back in stock and repost it, b: leave the item as is displaying an "out of stock" message, or c: leave the listing up and set the price to a super high amount that nobody would ever purchase it for until they it in stock again and bring the price down (3/?)

3. "Why do sellers do that?"

A. Not a wholesale seller so I don't know for SURE but on sites like #Wayfair, Overstock etc there are benefits merchants get for having shops in a certain a standing and those conditions might include having items in stock more often than not (4/?)

@mentions

explains this concept better in these replies here
It's really just a way to game the system these marketplace websites operate by and keep your seller account in good standing easily.

4. Well, why do items have human names? (5/?)

A. I've noticed wholesale sellers are from usually based in foreign countries and they often give names to items that seem really random to US shoppers. My theory is that bc products are usually bought wholesale and not made...(6/?)

by the sellers themselves they assign them random names so they can be searched then list them. And bc there are so many names in the world a seller will never run out of titles to give your products. You see this on Amazon a lot, random items like shoes, bags, jewelry... (7/?)

furniture, decor accents etc have human names bc it's just easier to come up with them.

5. So why are the items on these links all disappearing now they we're talking about this?

A. This "theory" is trending everywhere and sellers by now have been alerted to the fact...(8/?)

that they're at the center of a whirlwind conspiracy about #Wayfair supposedly shipping trafficked kids around the country. WF themselves have probably contacted them and told them to take the listings down. It's pretty much all sellers can do until WF puts out a statement

5. What about that results that come up on Yandex when you search item names/numbers?

A. Yandex is a Russian search engine site that moderates and indexes items very differently. Basically there is no moderation on it so you see results from websites google would never show you.

The results are pictures of children bc of the "src" in the item names. Searching anything on Yandex with "src" pulls results from a Russian image hosting website with a long history of hosting inappropriate and predatory images of children. Nothing to do with #Wayfair

5. So what was that Wayfair walkout about?

A. It was organized by WF employees in 2019 when it came out that they had a contract with ICE to supply their detention camps with furniture. Obviously that's foul and it didn't sit right with a lot of their workers so they...
organized the massive walkout protest to show Wayfair very clearly that they didn't approve of this business relationship. If I remember correctly, after the backlash from their employees and the general public, #Wayfair cancelled the contract.

What Happens After the Wayfair Walkout

We spoke with an organizer of the Wayfair Walkout about what really happened at the protest, and what happens next.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/what-hap ... lkout.html

6. What about all the children that ICE has said they've "lost track of"? (9/?)

That is real. It was reported by the US federal government several times in 2019 that after arresting immigrant parents and placing their children in sponsor homes (an adoption of sorts which...

is itself fucked up and arguably a form a trafficking) they lost track of them. Both times this was reported, about 1500 children who had been placed in the homes of sponsors that they no longer had tabs on.

So they tried to make follow up calls to check on kids after placement and couldn't make contact with the sponsors. 1500 kids who were basically given to people willy nilly. Who knows what qualifications these people even had to be housing children.

Federal agency says it lost track of 1,488 migrant children

Twice in less than a year, the federal government has lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children after placing them in the homes of sponsors across the country, federal officials have acknowledged. …

https://apnews.com/aad956b7281f4057aaac1ef4b5732f12

Who knows where those kids are now and why their sponsor "families" won't respond to calls from the gov. about the welfare of these children. Deeply terrifying but besides #Wayfair 's complicity in agreeing to furnish the camps, they don't really have anything to do with this.

Another explanation for the human names of the #Wayfair products. Not the most well versed in this but its somewhat similar to how amazon shops use bots to list items w/ every variation of a phrase, ei. shirts that say "keep calm and _ on" using every verb in the dictionary.

I know lmao, I don't fully get it but the process of naming these items is mostly automated. There's no real rhyme or reason to it besides trying to make titles unique/random enough not to be linked, to prevent comp. shopping the same items on diff sites

Yes, a coincidence. People think otherwise bc a lot of the names seem unique in the US but many of those names are from languages other than english and they're more common in other countries where the national language isn't english. This also ties (1/2)

into my theory that the naming of these products is mostly automated by independent sellers (using bots) on websites like Wayfair, Overstock, etc. and that it may use a tool that trawls websites/databases on the internet to pull random names from and apply to their products (2/2)

The whole enchilada: https://twitter.com/saintsoap/status/12 ... 6081651712

I'm not sure I buy the pricing explanation. As far as I know, having worked with these things, an item can be out of stock and remain in the system. You see "Out of Stock" all the time; the item is still there and then they get more stock. No re-entering all the product info.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

google trending 11:44 am Sat 11 July 2020

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Before I'd entered a single letter, this was the dropdown display:

Untitled.png

This makes me want to add viral promotion for a company I'd never heard of as a motive, but that's just me.

If it's not haywire pricing software, and not explained by the totally credible list Elvis posted, then sure, I'd lean to some kind of money laundering or payment system, inadvertantly discovered.

But what is being paid for? If you briefly saw two strangers exchange a twenty on the street, or even a bag with hundreds of bills in it, how would you know what that was for?! If they were really strangers, and there was no other context to go by, why on earth would your mind jump straight to something that specific, and unlikely?

This is invented red meat, or rather pizza, for the Q crowd. If there is an open market in trafficked humans, it's not going to be conducted through an open-access online platform that you're going to discover by accident.

But okay, that's me, whatever.

As for that video of an abandoned truck posted on Twitter, it takes almost as much imagination to turn whatever those instruments are into what the people taking (or labeling) the video say they were. Clearly, reaching the suggested conclusion requires people already well-primed to see fleets of white vans equipped with knock-out gas chambers for transporting kidnapped children as their very first guess. The certainty, and the further spiraling speculation in the comments, are mildly disheartening, but I do agree very strongly with this comment:

The music is awful + annoying

The music is pretty much the only thing supporting the specific conclusions claimed by the texts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:53 pm

I lean to the red meat hypothesis (honeypot maybe?), but one thing that nags is the unusual names of the products and the apparent match with names of missing children. The names are indeed on the Wayfair site, I looked. How did they get there? Or are they really common enough names to be mere coincidence?

That "scr" search prefix yielding kiddie pics seems unrelated to Mayfair (or the SKU numbers?), but rather to the hinky search site Yandex. Maybe Yandex should be a thread topic of its own.

Funny/scary to see Ellen "Degenerate" added to the list of child rapists to be offed when The Storm hits. On the other hand, who can say?—Ellen's mind might not be what even she thinks it is.
Elvis

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:56 am

I lean to the red meat hypothesis (honeypot maybe?), but one thing that nags is the unusual names of the products and the apparent match with names of missing children. The names are indeed on the Wayfair site, I looked. How did they get there? Or are they really common enough names to be mere coincidence?

Are these products primarily manufactured overseas, in China, Taiwan, etc?

The people my company works with in China regularly choose names to go by in the English speaking world. The ones I personally correspond with go by names like Chain and Iden.
Not exactly common names, but American words that they feel will be more accessible than their actual names. It seems to me if one of them was going to name a product using the same principles they use to pick their own personal pseudonyms, we might see a similar pattern, i.e. it would be anglocized but not necessarily "Ted" or "Betty."

What apparent match with names of missing children are you referring to?

Are there missing children named " Neriah,” “Yaritza,” “Samiyah,” and “Alyvia?"

Unless I missed something, those are the only specific examples I could find in this thread of any names. Are you aware of open missing persons cases on anyone with those names?
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:47 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:56 am wrote:Are there missing children named " Neriah,” “Yaritza,” “Samiyah,” and “Alyvia?"

Unless I missed something, those are the only specific examples I could find in this thread of any names. Are you aware of open missing persons cases on anyone with those names?

Yes, and that is why those specific examples are included in both the debunking articles and the true believer summaries.

Of course, after a 48 hour news cycle of explainers and MSM mockeries, it's harder to find the actual articles regarding this missing cases -- most are quite old; hardly recent merchandise if you will pardon the coldness of my expression here, and at least one of them was only a "missing person" for less than a week.

(This ties back around to the often-citied statistics about "750,000 children go missing every year in America" -- I've been a missing child myself, I was hanging out at a friend's house two towns away. Most of those missing get found and get found rather quickly, but quoting the entire number makes it easy to frame the United States as a constant pedo genocide against kids. Some day that may happen, too, if the MAPs get their way, but we're not there just yet.)

Reddit regrettably removed an archive list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheo ... _archived/
But that is backed up here:
https://ruqqus.com/post/1236/wayfair-20 ... ed-product

Now, that's quite a small sampling, hardly a "complete list" because I saw dozens more that aren't on it, but it does confirm that these naming conventions have a lot of "non-abducted names" -- i.e. it supports the notion that these were chosen at random and at scale, making some cross-hits with missing child cases inevitable.

Still, it would be nice to see a more thorough accounting of the phenomenon. Although OSINT has certain virtues, most of the people involved are more interested in sharing and talking about their work than they are in their actual work. They don't understand basic principles like archiving vs. screenshots -- screenshots are notoriously easy to fake -- and they also regularly tag / notify the targets of their research, which gloriously fucking dumb.

I know you can't expect good work from volunteers, but it would be nice to expect common sense from Americans who want truth and justice. But that would be gloriously fucking dumb of me.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby SonicG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:39 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
I know you can't expect good work from volunteers, but it would be nice to expect common sense from Americans who want truth and justice. But that would be gloriously fucking dumb of me.

But what is the praxis here, and where is is locus? Qanons scream to the stars about Epstein even though a direct line of responsibility can be drawn to Barr...and his dad's stuff? Parse that for some useful code words. Hell, there might be a spaceship called The Wayfarer in it...Oh yeah, those morons also thought that Keebler elf of an AG was part of the "Plan" and lookit him now...
Where is the national fundraiser to mount a legal fight on part of all the victims? Whitley Webb seems on top of it, but where is there anything like a movement?
So many watersheds and so much water under the bridges, but I have little faith in the Maxwell case breaking any levees...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:22 am

SonicG » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:39 am wrote:But what is the praxis here, and where is is locus?

I'm not much for theory or philosophy. Things are always simpler than the nerds contort themselves to make 'em.

1. Do thorough research before presenting your work
2. Explore alternate explanations before presenting your work
3. Archive all your data points before presenting your work
4. Backup your work before presenting your work

It's often better to quietly pass your portfolio to a few informed collaborators than to do a public dump.

As for Webb, like I've said here before, she's being handed material by someone else and it's wise to question why.

There's going to be a lot more Wayfair type events coming in 2020, I think. The speed with which it took off was no accident, this was carefully seeded and coordinated, not an organic flap -- just look at Jack's screencap above.
Wombaticus Rex

Return to General Discussion