Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm

https://twitter.com/lukeae88/status/1463286412707450882

Don't know who will see this, but as I've got plenty of time on my hands I thought I might as well counterbalance all the misinformation out there
I'm indigenous, currently covid positive and am currently staying at the Howard springs quarantine facility.

The camp is not used to drag away black mob. In fact this camp has been used for months and has had hundreds of non indigenous people come through it in the exact same process for months. Indigenous people had been lucky so far but our luck ran out.

The camp facilities are pretty good. The food is amazing (but I've lost taste now). WiFi is free. Everyone has access to their phones and can are in constant contact with family on the outside. I'm sure my family is sick of me calling all the time.

I came up on Thursday night. When I was transported I was taken to the airport in an ambulance and taken up in a small plane. It was obvious to me at the time that this process wouldn't work as case numbers increased, that help would be needed

Katherine (and Binjari & Rockhole) are 15kms from raaf base Tindal. The Raaf always helps out in crisis times, including floods and cyclones. The 'army' isn't going into communities with soldiers and guns, the air force is helping out with trucks, drivers and freeing up the Police in checkpoints and shit.

The reason that people are being moved from binjari is that overcrowding is a huge issue in binjari and rockhole. Isolating at home is not feasible when 20-30 people live in one home

It's also hard to lockdown a single community. It's not unknown for people from binjari and rockhole to walk into Katherine. Binjari and rockhole are separated by an easily cross able part of the Katherine river

I was a part of the health team that did vaccination drives at rockhole and binjari in the past. I've walked to every house in rockhole fighting camp dogs along the way to talk to people about the vaccine. In the past people have been hesitant about getting the vaccine

People have been hesitant because of misinformation. But in all my time doing vaccines in the community, not a single person was 'forced' to have it. We respected people's wishes to decline even though we knew that this could potentially bring disaster.
What we have found

Though is that the people who declined in the past often want the vaccine once the discover covid is in their community. We have had an increase in vax rates amongst all people in the community during past lockdowns.
Once covid becomes 'real' and tangible it changes people

Perception of the vaccine. Not everything is perfect. There are legit issues and causes for concerns about the way things are unfolding. But they are being drowned out by the crazies who are using this situation to fuel their own agenda

If their were soldiers with guns holding people down and forcing jabs we would have seen pics or vids of it now. There's millions of vids of heaps of stuff that happen in indigenous communities, both the good and bad. I've seen a hundred communities brawls on cell phone footage

For example. To think no one would film all these soldiers and guns holding down people is pure fantasy.

Comparing it to genocide and shit is disgusting. There's thousands of indigenous people in Katherine alone. Only 200 odd are In howard springs. If it's a 'genoicide' then

It's a pretty shit planned one. My grandmother was stolen generation. To compare what I'm going through in this camp to what she and her generation went through us disgusting. I'm in a nice room with my own aircon. I'm sitting back watching netflix on free WiFi. I had barra (Barramundi, awesome fish - Joe)

With garlic butter and broccolinni for dinner. I'm in constant contact with loved ones. Any comparison to stolen generation is spitting on what those poor souls went through in those days.

I've caught covid being on the front line helping my people, to see them call the ppl on

Ground evil is disgusting. People on the ground are working themselves to standstill, in 40 degree heat in ppe that multiplies that heat. I've worked in that ppe in that heat for an hour and you collect about a litre of sweat in it. These people are working multiple hour shifts

To see so much bullshit being shared around, especially by people that have no love for indigenous people suddenly jump on the 'genocide' bandwagon when it suits them is fucked. Indigenous people on the ground have continually tried to raise awareness of things affecting our

People including long term systemic racism. To try use us as props now is disgusting.

Why am I reminded of The Marching Morons?

A team at the Pole worked at Barlow's direction on a mail setup. There would have to be letters to and from Venus to keep the slightest taint of suspicion from arising. Luckily Barlow remembered that the problem had been solved once before—by Hitler. Relatives of persons incinerated in the furnaces of Lublin or Majdanek continued to get cheery postal cards.
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:18 pm

stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm wrote:Why am I reminded of The Marching Morons?

A team at the Pole worked at Barlow's direction on a mail setup. There would have to be letters to and from Venus to keep the slightest taint of suspicion from arising. Luckily Barlow remembered that the problem had been solved once before—by Hitler. Relatives of persons incinerated in the furnaces of Lublin or Majdanek continued to get cheery postal cards.

I think it's genuine. But there is a huge cultural difference between indigenous Australians who live outside of the communities, interfacing with them mostly from a position of external aid; as opposed to those who live within communities themselves. It's often that the indigenous Australian's we hear from on indigenous issues are decedents of the stolen generation. We hear from them precisely as a result of that very policy, being they have been assimilated into our general general outlook and share, to probably a lesser extent, much of the same biases.

This twitter poster for instance is a health care worker.
Last edited by drstrangelove on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drstrangelove

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Geert Vanden Bossche -
The world may be taken by surprise but that doesn't include us. It remains to be seen whether Omicron can outcompete Delta (to be confirmed). If that’s the case, we're definitely not in good shape.

In case of CoV, innate immunity protects the individual and the 'herd' ( sterilizing immunity, no natural selection pressure, herd immunity) whereas adaptive immunity induced with leaky vaccines has exactly the opposite effect.

THE big Q is whether such an immune escape variant could even resist naturally acquired Abs in people who recovered from C19 disease. I am, indeed, cautious and worried about ADE, even in the unvaccinated who recovered from C-19 disease as they may no longer be able to control viral infection. ADE would equal ‘enhanced virulence’. Difficult to predict.

Mass vaccination has compressed the evolutionary trajectory of the virus from a few hundred years (?) down to one year. Hope that naturally primed individuals can deal with that speed.

https://www.voiceforscienceandsolidarit ... n-variants

Remember, just because this isn't about a virus, doesn't mean the virus isn't real or a threat. Whatever the 'real' situation is' is beyond our understanding. Stay frosty, so to speak. The situation is flux.
drstrangelove

Postby DrEvil » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:19 pm wrote:
mentalgongfu2 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am wrote:
So let’s see:

-K417N: Bingo!

-N439K: No, but we have N440K which is a neighboring mutation and should perform the same trick of interfering with the antibodies.

-E484K: We have E484A, which means you have a mutation at the same spot, but resulting in a different amino acid, Alanine instead of Lysine.

-N501Y: Bingo!

In other words, its mutations look pretty much identical to what the Japanese scientists were warning would allow Delta to use your vaccine induced antibody response to its own advantage. Oops.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

All talk of so-called efficacy of these poison injections are meaningless distractions and quite besides the (existentially urgent) point when you understand that the virus/disease they’re allegedly designed to protect against doesn’t exist in the first place and, additionally, what their real, above-mentioned purpose(s) is.

What's really crazy is how a virus/disease that doesn't exist can also hurt vaccinated people the worst because of its identified mutations. A quantum mystery!

At this point i don't rule out anything (i tend to lean towards the premise that there is indeed a 'novel' coronavirus out there, though it's largely benign and treatable in most circumstances), and we likely won't know the true extent of current mindfuckery for years, if ever (see: JFK assassination; 9/11), though as with all prior manipulations of information, it's clear that absorbing the dominant narratives at face value is detrimental to the individual, and to the populace at large.

That aside, introducing leaky and experimental 'vaccines' wide-scale will manifest all manner of variants/mutations regardless of the novel status of coronaviruses out in the wild.

But by now it should be clear govt policies are not driven by 'health' concerns.

A virus will mutate, vaccines or no vaccines, and the latest variant was first detected in Botswana, which has a vaccination rate at around 30%.

I would also say that absorbing any narrative at face value is detrimental to the individual. As you say, we won't know the extent of the mindfuckery for ages, so there's just a lot of things we simply don't know, and that goes for all the narratives, not just the mainstream one. For instance (and this is just a hypothetical, I'm not saying this is how it is): if I wanted this virus to spread so I could justify lockdowns and coronapasses and all that shit, one way to help do that would be to fund and spread anti-vaccine, anti-mask, etc. (dis)information all over the place. Maximum confusion, divide and conquer while quietly looting the coffers.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:48 pm

(The reported Botswana strain waa identified in fully vaccinated individuals)

What entity/ies would fund this hypothetical 'anti-mask', 'anti-vaccine' agenda, and what is the ultimate benefit to said entity/ies? Do you have entities in mind?

This hypothetical of yours also grossly over-simplifies and misrepresents the ample amount of science/health-based opposition to current mandates/policies. Those in opposition to current mandates/policies include scores of doctors, scientists and health practitioners.

And, a significant amount of them are NOT "anti-vaccine", which is at best a lazy and ill-informed descriptor.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:03 pm

drstrangelove » 27 Nov 2021 20:18 wrote:
stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm wrote:Why am I reminded of The Marching Morons?

I think it's genuine. But there is a huge cultural difference between indigenous Australians who live outside of the communities, interfacing with them mostly from a position of external aid; as opposed to those who live within communities themselves. It's often that the indigenous Australian's we hear from on indigenous issues are decedents of the stolen generation. We hear from them precisely as a result of that very policy, being they have been assimilated into our general general outlook and share, to probably a lesser extent, much of the same biases.

This twitter poster for instance is a health care worker.

In other words, the twitter poster willingly works for Cheery Postcard Authors Incorporated.
stickdog99

Postby Harvey » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:14 pm

DrEvil » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:08 pm wrote:For instance (and this is just a hypothetical, I'm not saying this is how it is): if I wanted this virus to spread so I could justify lockdowns and coronapasses and all that shit, one way to help do that would be to fund and spread anti-vaccine, anti-mask, etc. (dis)information all over the place. Maximum confusion, divide and conquer while quietly looting the coffers.

A good friend, Romanian woman, married with three children, small house, vaccinated because her employer insisted, tested positive for Covid about four months afterward, in isolation for ten days along with her family, none of them vaccinated. She had no symptoms and 'felt fine' while nobody else in the family contracted the virus despite occupying the same small space for ten days.

With this in mind, if you wanted the virus to 'spread' you'd probably have to fix the tests to show false positives, it doesn't seem very contagious at all.
Last edited by Harvey on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Vaccine Passports Are Societal Participation Passports

stickdog99

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 pm

DrEvil wrote:As you say, we won't know the extent of the mindfuckery for ages,

You do not know this, but you are helping to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. It certainly encourages passivity and resignation and endless spectatorship.

so there's just a lot of things we simply don't know, and that goes for all the narratives, not just the mainstream one.

Big deal, There will always be "a lot of things we simply don't know". C'est la vie. We do not know whether there is life in other galaxies, or why our neighbour's grandmother rejected her first suitor (or even if she did), or whether Shakespeare ever laughed out loud while writing Titus Andronicus, or how many rabbits were eaten by foxes last week. It's irrelevant. It does not imply that crimes can never be exposed or that criminals can never be brought to justice, or even that revolutions can never take place. Q.E.D.

For instance (and this is just a hypothetical, I'm not saying this is how it is): if I wanted this virus to spread so I could justify lockdowns and coronapasses and all that shit, one way to help do that would be to fund and spread anti-vaccine, anti-mask, etc. (dis)information all over the place. Maximum confusion, divide and conquer while quietly looting the coffers.

This is itself confusionism. It's a trivial truth that governments spread and encourage nonsense and disinfo in order to distract people's attention from verifiable evidence and discredit it by association. The BBC deploys that tactic every day. ("Look! This fat ugly guy with a swastika tattoo thinks our governments are lying to us about 9/11! This daft old lady with 38 cats thinks the COVID-19 threat is exaggerated! Do you want to be like THEM?") This does not imply that no one can ever distinguish sense from nonsense or truth from untruth. It does not imply that the whole human race is destined to submit to manipulation forever. It certainly does not imply that no one can ever know enough about a crime to identify and prosecute it as a crime.

The problem is not epistemological but political.

We are ruled by criminals and liars. That is a fact, and easily demonstrable.

Current example: There is not and never has been a deadly "COVID-19" pandemic. Enormous damage has been done (and is stilll being done) to human health, happiness and prosperity by the liars who have used and are still using that lie as a pretext for extending and consolidating their power.

Any honest adult human can verify this very easily. (Most children know it already, in their viscera, in their bones. But no one listens to children, no one takes children seriously. They just tell whem what to believe, until they're broken. ("Don't catch a KiIler Dot! Mask up!")
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:50 pm

Succinctly summarized:
Mac:
Current example: There is not and never has been a deadly "COVID-19" pandemic. Enormous damage has been done (and is stilll being done) to human health, happiness and prosperity by the liars who have used and are still using that lie as a pretext for extending and consolidating their power.

More on this "Omicron" -

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=244342

In response to a "new variant" of Covid-19, which has now been named Omicron the world has suddenly gone mad -- once again. Travel lockdowns, constraints, etc. The stock market collapsed by over 900 DOW points (which many years ago would be called a "crash"; these days its just a bad day.)

Contemplate these facts:

This "variant" has been found all over the world already. Therefore its already everywhere. Locking down travel after it is already in your nation is stupid and does nothing. The variant is either going to become dominant or it will not. You cannot alter that course once it gets to you -- and no matter where you are it already has.

This "variant" has no evidence of being more-deadly; it may in fact be less-so. Indeed that is the natural mutational pattern coronaviruses follow over time. There is no evidence in the form, for example, of higher hospital admissions, ICU utilization and death in those in which this variant has been detected. In other words thus far all the scaremongering has been based on..... exactly nothing as there are no facts currently in evidence to support such fear.

The vaccines clearly do not work. International travel has been vaccinated-only everywhere for quite some time. So the person(s) who brought the virus into your nation with this "variant" were vaccinated. The market, of course, responded to this news by spiking the vaccine companies, specifically Moderna. You have to wonder what sort of stupidity would drive someone to consider a firm that has one product which clearly did not work a "buy" in a situation like this. Mass psychosis is the only reasonable explanation.

Lockdowns and constraints clearly do not work either. The virus mutated because that's what viruses do, and specifically coronaviruses do this all the time. It's common. Further, vaccinating into an outbreak promotes vaccine-resistant strains because that's just how natural selection works. You want the opposite but you can't get there from here by vaccinating people while an outbreak is going on so the better option is to focus on early treatments and even prophylaxis which does not place immune pressure on the virus to evade your jabs.

Meanwhile we the evidence continues to mount that prior infection confers better resistance than vaccines (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2108120). Perfect immunity? No. But much better immunity and, to three nines, perfect protection against critical illness and death.
There were no cases of critical disease at reinfection and 28 cases at primary infection (Table S3), for an odds ratio of 0.00 (95% CI, 0.00 to 0.64). There were no cases of death from Covid-19 at reinfection and 7 cases at primary infection resulting in an odds ratio of 0.00...

So which do you prefer, since while the jabs do appear to provide some protection it wanes and it certainly does not prevent 100% of the severe and fatal outcomes.

Never mind the jab side effect profiles, which are quite dangerous, the evidence is mounting that the intermediate and long-term dangers are very significant and, in addition, there is mounting evidence that if you get jabbed and then are infected, and you will get infected, you are likely to not build "N" protein recognition so you can get infected again and again until you get the bad case that screws you. This is due to a well-recognized phenomena called "OAS" ("Original Antigenic Sin") and is directly caused by the vaccines as they "train" your body to produce "S" antibodies, which is all they contain coding for and not "N" protein antibodies which are critical as the virus cannot mutate in that part to any material degree and remain a viable virus.

On the other hand the evidence is that beating the disease without a jab once means you have durable protection against critical and fatal outcomes on an extremely reliable basis including potential mutations since the "N" protein does not and cannot undergo substantial change.

The latter, by the way, is the pattern for every serious viral disease outbreak through history.

I don't need some jackass on TV to tell me this, I merely need to look around me and note that there are lots of other human beings on the planet. Were this not the case 100% of the time we would not exist as some prior viral outbreak would have circulated and reinfected people relentlessly until all human beings were dead. That has never happened and there is a few thousand years of written, recorded history plus hundreds of thousands of years of additional evidence supporting it yet we also know that every decade or two a significant viral pandemic shows up somewhere and circulates through the human population no matter what you try to do to stop it. Even the most-isolated islands during the 1918 flu pandemic eventually got infected and had to deal with it. If you can't keep a viral pandemic out when you're surrounded by hundreds of miles of ocean and there are no airplanes you will fail trying to keep it out in a connected, travel and commerce-rich world which, I remind you, we live in.

Never mind that with vaccines we have more Covid-19 deaths this year than last. How is that possible if the jabs work? Yes, not everyone has gotten them. So what? There should be a more than ratable decrease with vaccinated population percentage since we know the most at-risk were the most-likely to get the vaccines the earliest and thus if they prevented critical and fatal outcomes those vaccinated should be zero and zero when it comes to such outcomes. If the virus kills 0.1% of the people who get it but the people who can get it are 200 million instead of 330 million because the rest have been vaccinated and are immune then the death count should drop by much more than a third since the most-vulnerable got jabbed first.

Instead the death count went up.

Across sample sizes of hundreds of millions of people this is extraordinarily strong, indeed irrefutable evidence that the net societal impact of the vaccines is negative. The exact reason why is immaterial; dead is dead.

It is crystal-clear to anyone who can think at all that on a net societal basis the jabs do not work, just as masks did not work. We knew scientifically that masks did not work in 1981, as I've pointed out repeatedly, and that was with all persons involved being trained professionals in an operating room, a sterile place where you have reasonable control of outside confounding things. In other words in the best possible environment for masks, where they damn well should work if they're going to work anywhere, they did not. There has not been one nation, state or region that has been able to demonstrate over the last 18+ months that they work either, which should not surprise since we knew they were at best worthless forty years ago.

When the first jackass started with that crap we should have put this sign up everywhere since masks were at best performative art and likely caused people to believe they were safe when in fact they were not, which is akin to intentionally handing someone a loaded gun and telling them its empty.

How about Fauci? He told everyone decades ago that millions of children were going to get and die of AIDS contracted by close ordinary family contact from their parents. He was 100% full of crap; it simply did not happen. The facts are that the odds of contracting HIV from other than direct contamination into the bloodstream is, statistically-speaking, zero. He told everyone at the time that AZT was the answer to AIDS and that was bull**** as well; AZT never saved a single person from AIDS and worse, it in fact destroyed the immune system itself and caused enhancement of disease over time. Fauci told AIDS sufferers and their doctors not to use Bactrim, a cheap off-patent pair of antibiotics, as prophylaxis against PCP, a bacterial pneumonia that was killing AIDS patients with damaged immune systems by the score, despite knowing since the late 1970s that it worked to prevent PCP in Leukemia patients who, like AIDS patients, had wrecked immune systems. Roughly thirty thousand Americans were shoved in the hole due to PCP infections during the years in which Fauci maintained that it should NOT be used.

Today nobody cares about that which we've scientifically demonstrated decades earlier, nor anyone's record. Shoving 30,000 Americans into the hole by intentionally withholding a drug from them that we had every reason to believe would work is simply forgotten; nobody ever has had to answer for any of those dead bodies. Note that not one so-called "interviewer" has demanded Fauci account for that, or force him to explain why we should put up with his bull**** rather than eat him and every person and family member of anyone working at the NIH given his proved record of being completely full of crap the last time around and his being prime driver of the fear porn this time as well.

Some vaccines are clearly effective and have a reasonable safety profile. MMR is one of them. 100% safe, no. No pharmaceutical is 100% safe. But it is clearly safer than the measles and, unlike the Covid jabs, it actually produces sterile immunity; you neither get the measles nor can you pass it on to others if you've been vaccinated.

Measles is a reasonably-stable virus, however, and we have decades of experience backing this up. Coronaviruses are not stable. They mutate all the time and every single attempt to vaccinate against them in the past has failed to provide stable, durable and safe immunity.

Only infection has ever conferred critical and fatal outcome protection with coronaviruses through history. There are no exceptions. Not only have all previous attempts ended in failure several have resulted in vaccine-enhanced disease ripping through the vaccinated test subjects on re-challenge with several of those trials ending in the death of all or nearly all test subjects -- which were fortunately animals and not humans. This time around we have performed a mass experiment with zero evidence over a period of years to demonstrate that what has happened 100% of the time in the past will not happen again.

It appears we're losing that bet -- a loss that, on the basis of history, we had every reason to believe would happen and yet instead of every single firm manufacturing this crap being an instant zero several are being rewarded. What the hell sort of rampant, outrageous stupidity is that?

While the data is not yet in there is reason to believe, given the mutations described in this newest "variant", that the vaccinated may be fucked as the mutations may confer full evasion and yet the binding antibodies you get from being jabbed are still there. If that pans out here comes the exact same thing that has repeatedly happened with coronavirus vaccine attempts except this time we were dumb enough to mass-vaccinate humans rather than a handful of cats.

Note that on the evidence to date there is no reason to believe this "variant" is either more-dangerous or more transmissible. SA had a surge in cases at the exact same time last year. It's called "seasonality" and its real. It's why we have a "flu season." The confluence of mutations does raise questions though, including the possibility that our "best friends" are angling for the very scenario I put forward about a year ago -- which you'd better pray is wrong, by the way, although it'll be a while before we know. Before you poo-poo this note that there are reports the closest match to any known sequenced Covid-19 virus date to April of 2020. I have not yet personally verified this, but if its true then it is wildly improbable that an "in the wild" mutational pattern of this sort occuring by natural means would have escaped surveillance.

Incidentally if you got jabbed there's not a damn thing you can do about it if that turns out to be the case.

Oh, and no, contrary to somewhat-common scaremongering this variant does not appear to have originated in a bunch of unvaccinated HIV+ people in Botswana. It appears, according to the authorities there, it appeared in travelers, which means it originated in vaccinated people since virtually every nation requires a vaccine to get on an international air flight. Indeed the authorities confirm that the infected persons who had this variant detected were all fully vaccinated.

In other words exactly the immune evasion I and a few others expected to happen a year ago, and which I flagged as "in process" a few months ago based on some preliminary data from certain sub-sets of Delta infections, on the evidence available today now have have in fact happened and if it did it was CAUSED by the jabs.

Did you think Run-Death-Is-Near was bad?

If this goes sideways for the jabbed -- and it might, but I cannot at this time put a probability on it -- you ain't seen nothing yet.

Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:54 pm

'They aren't going to publish their findings, they are concerned about losing research money'

Dr Aseem Malhotra reveals a cardiology researcher found similar results to a new report showing an increase in risk of heart attack following the mRNA COVID vaccine.

short twitter video
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm

There is no excess mortality due cancer in England in 2020 or 2021. However, a significant non-Covid, Heart Failure excess mortality has appeared in 2021. Why is that?

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 am

stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Covid is a revelation. It has lain bare splits in the social fabric that were always there but could be ignored in better times. It has revealed the compliance of the legacy media and the power of Silicon Valley to curate and control the public conversation. It has confirmed the sly dishonesty of political leaders, and their ultimate obeisance to corporate power. It has shown up ‘The Science’ for the compromised ideology it is.

Embedded links at source.

https://paulkingsnorth.substack.com/p/t ... t-part-one

The Vaccine Moment, part one
On the days of revelation

Perhaps it’s because I’m English, or perhaps it’s my age, or perhaps it’s just blind prejudice, but when I wake to the news that the Austrian government has interned an entire third of its national population as a ‘danger to public health’, a chill runs down my spine.

Austria, I think to myself. Ah.

I look at the news photos of armed, masked, black-clad police stopping people in the streets to ask for their digital papers, and I read stories of others arrested for leaving their own house more than the permitted once a day, and I hear Austrian politicians intoning that those who refuse to accede to the injection are to be shunned and scapegoated until they acquiesce. Then I watch interviews with ‘ordinary people’, and they say that the ‘unvaxxed’ had it coming. Some of them say that they should all be jailed, these enemies of the people. At best, the ‘anti-vaxxers’ are paranoid and misinformed. At worst they are malicious, and should be punished.

A few days later I wake up to some more news about Austria: from next year, everyone in the country will have a covid vaccine forced into them by the state, overriding their right to what certain people, who have gone very quiet recently, used to call ‘bodily autonomy.’

Then I look across the border at Germany. I see that in Germany, politicians are also considering interning the ‘vaccine hesitant’, and are currently discussing forcing vaccination upon every citizen. By the end of the winter, says Germany’s refreshingly honest health minister, Germans will be ‘vaccinated, cured or dead.’ There is apparently no fourth option.

They have been busy in Germany. Recently they put up fences in Hamburg to separate the Bad Unvaxxed from the Good Vaxxed at the Christmas markets. Outdoors. Perhaps they will also provide the Good people with rocks to throw across those fences. When I see cartoons like the one at the top of this page, which recently appeared in a mainstream German newspaper, I think that this may not be far off. Here, the man on the sofa has bought himself a first-person shooter game in which he can having fun killing unvaccinated people. It will be, says the cartoonist, ‘a big hit under the Christmas tree.’1

Ha ha ha, I think. Germany. Fences. Internment. Forced injections. Armed police. Scan your code. Kill the unvaxxed.

Ha ha ha.

I am watching all this from Ireland, the country which has the highest adult vaccination rate in Western Europe, at over 94% of the population. At the same time, curiously, we have some of the highest covid infection rates in Western Europe too. The government has not been able to explain this fact, but it is a trend that has recently manifested in some other highly-vaccinated places too: Gibraltar, Israel, West Flanders. High levels of vaccination do not seem to correspond with low-levels of disease; often quite the opposite.

In other parts of the world, strange things are happening too. Africa, for example. Africa’s population is the largest, fastest-growing and materially poorest of any continent. Few governments there can afford to supply their people with the pricey corporate vaccines which we in the West have staked our nations on. Only 6% of Africa’s population is vaccinated, and national healthcare systems barely exist in many places, yet the WHO describes the continent as ‘one of the least affected regions in the world’ by the virus. In fact, the richer, more ‘developed’ parts of the world seem to be suffering worst from the pandemic.

Nobody seems to be able to explain any of this, but that hasn’t changed the official direction of travel. Certainly in Ireland, the script remains the same. For six months we have been living with vaccine apartheid, with the ‘unvaxxed’ excluded from much of society, but it hasn’t worked. Rates of infection are shooting up as winter arrives - as you might expect with a respiratory virus. We were all told recently to work from home, and another lockdown is on the cards. A midnight curfew has recently been imposed on pubs and nightclubs. This is odd, as only vaccinated people have been allowed into them for months, and we have repeatedly been assured that vaccinated people are safe to be around.

In an honest society, all of this would have been subject to robust public debate. We would have seen scientists of all opinions openly debating on TV and radio and in the press; views of all kinds aired on social media; journalists properly investigating reports of both vaccine successes and vaccine dangers; serious explorations of alternative treatments; public debates about the balance between civil liberties and public health, and what ‘public health’ even means. But we have not seen this and we will not see it, for debate, like dissent, is out of fashion. The media here in Ireland has not asked a critical question of anyone in authority for at least eighteen months. Google’s algorithms are busy burying inconvenient data, while the social media channels from which most people receive their worldview are removing or suppressing critical opinions, even if they come from virologists or editors of the British Medical Journal.

Day after day, I have been waking and wondering: what is going on?

Internment. Mandatory medication. Segregation of whole sections of society. Mass sackings. A drumbeat media consensus. The systematic censoring of dissent. The deliberate creation by the state and the press of a climate of fear and suspicion. What could possibly justify this? Perhaps the combination of a terrible pandemic which killed or maimed large percentages of those it infected, and the existence of a safe and reliable medicine which was proven to prevent its spread. This, of course, is what we are said to be living through. This is the Narrative.

But it is clear enough by now that the Narrative is not true. Covid-19 is a nasty illness which should be taken seriously, especially by those who are especially vulnerable to it. But it is nowhere near dangerous enough - if anything could be - to justify the creation of a global police state. As for the vaccines - well, let's just acknowledge that vaccination has become a subject which it is virtually impossible to discuss with any calmness or clarity, at least in public. As with almost every other big issue in the West today, opinion is divided along tribal lines and filtered through the foetid swamp of anti-social media, to emerge monstrous and dripping into the light.

Often, in an argument, what people think they are arguing about is not the real subject of disagreement, which is deeper and often unspoken, if it is even understood. So it is here. The divisions that have opened up in society about the covid vaccines are not really about the covid vaccines at all: they are about what vaccination symbolises in this moment. What it means to be 'vaxxed' or 'unvaxxed', safe or dangerous, clean or dirty, sensible or irresponsible, compliant or independent: these are questions about what it means to be a good member of society, and what society even is, and they are detonating like depth charges beneath the surface of the culture.

This is not to say that the surface disagreements don’t matter. They do. There are plenty of good reasons to be concerned about these medications and their enforced use. Here we have a novel technology, never before used at scale or for this purpose, used to create a series of vaccines which have been rolled out to millions before their clinical trials are even complete. This is an unprecendented situation - as is vaccination for a respiratory virus in the middle of a pandemic, which some people with serious expertise warn may worsen the sitution rather than end it. The companies manufacturing these things are making equally unprecedented hourly profits, and their long histories of dishonesty and cover-ups, plus the fact that they are legally immune from any liability for problems arising from these vaccines, makes it impossible to take seriously their assurances of safety. And when we witness an active state/media campaign against early treatment of a disease - the precise opposite of what every doctor is taught at medical school - along with a refusal to report any of the mounting evidence of short-term side-effects, it ought to be clear that something is happening which cannot be explained by the story we are being told.

For all these reasons and more, I have not been vaccinated against covid, and I don’t plan to be. This does not make me ‘anti-vax’ - a category that is designed to feed into the ongoing culture war narrative which separates the good from the bad people, and leads both sides in that war to demonise the other. I am not against vaccination, and I certainly wouldn’t imagine I had a right to tell others what to do with their bodies. I don’t believe that the available covid vaccines are ineffective - though they do not do what they were sold to us as doing - and I can see plenty of reasons for people, especially vulnerable people, to take them if they choose.

I expect that readers of this essay could argue with me about my decision if they felt like it, and I expect I could argue back. This is what much of the world has been doing sine these vaccines arrived on the scene. We could all throw peer-reviewed studies that we don’t really understand at each other, and they would all miss the mark because the vaccine is not the point. The point is what it symbolises - and what it is being used to build.

I am a writer. I know how to construct stories. I know what makes them succeed or fail, and I have a nose for when a story does not hang together. The covid Narrative is just such a story. It doesn’t fit together, even on its own terms. Something is wrong. The surface tale does not reflect what lies beneath. And what lies beneath is what interests me now.

We live in an apocalyptic time, in the original sense of the Greek word apokalypsis: revelation. What is happening on the surface is revealing what has always lain beneath, but which in normal times is hidden from view. All of the action now is in the underworld. Beneath the arguments about whether or not to take a vaccine that may or may not work safely, glides something older, deeper, slower: something with all the time in the world. Some great spirit whose work is to use these fractured times to reveal to us all what we need to see: things hidden since the foundation of the modern world.

Covid is a revelation. It has lain bare splits in the social fabric that were always there but could be ignored in better times. It has revealed the compliance of the legacy media and the power of Silicon Valley to curate and control the public conversation. It has confirmed the sly dishonesty of political leaders, and their ultimate obeisance to corporate power. It has shown up ‘The Science’ for the compromised ideology it is.

Most of all, it has revealed the authoritarian streak that lies beneath so many people, and which always emerges in fearful times. In the last month alone I have watched media commentators calling for censorship of their political opponents, philosophy professors justifying mass internment, and human rights lobby groups remaining silent about ‘vaccine passports.’ I have watched much of the political left transition openly into the authoritarian movement it probably always was, and countless ‘liberals’ campaigning against liberty. As freedom after freedom has been taken away, I have watched intellectual after intellectual justify it all. I have been reminded of what I always knew: cleverness has no relationship to wisdom.

I have learnt more about human nature in the last two years than in my preceding forty-seven. I have learnt some things about myself too, and I don’t especially like them either. I have noticed my ongoing temptation to become a partisan: to judge and condemn those on the other side of the question - those sheeple, those malicious enemies of Truth. I have noticed my tendency to seek out only sources of information which confirm my beliefs. Revelation is never comfortable.

Most of all, though, what the covid apocalypse has revealed to me is that when people are frightened, they can be easily controlled.

Control: this is the story of the times. Across the world we are seeing an unprecedented claim to control staked by the forces of the state, in alliance with the forces of corporate capital, over your life and mine. All of it converges on the revealed symbol of our age: the smartphone-enabled QR code that has, with frightening speed and in near-silence, become the new passport to a full human life. As ever, our tools have turned on us. Another revelation: they were never our tools to begin with. We were theirs.

Amongst the vast flock of contested facts that wheel around this virus like a murmuration of starlings, darkening the skies and addling the mind, one stands out. It is the single fact that blows a cathedral-shaped hole in the strategy being pursued by governments at present, and which offers a glimpse into the crypt. It is the fact that these vaccines, whatever their efficacy in other areas, do not prevent transmission of the virus.

This single fact - which has long been known but is barely ever mentioned - blows apart the case for vaccine passports, segregation, lockdowns of the 'unvaxxed' and all such similar measures. Even if you believe (or pretend to) that this virus is dangerous enough to justify the radical new forms of authoritarianism which have emerged around it - and I certainly don’t - those forms will fail anyway if both vaccinated and unvaccinated people can spread it; which we know they can.

What, then, can be the justification for the system of technological control and monitoring which has arisen around us with curious speed and smoothness over the last year? And what could explain the strangely similar language in which the world's governments explain and justify this system, which so many have adopted in similar ways with similar technologies in similar timeframes? That the 'unvaxxed' are a danger to society, and that the 'vaxxed' must be protected from them is the pretext. But as we are seeing on the ground in Ireland, the pretext is baseless.

If we were operating, as we pretend to be, from the ground of reason - if we really were 'following The Science' - then we would be dismantling these systems at this point. Instead we are moving deeper into them. We are being herded into a future in which scanning a code to prove you are a safe and obedient member of society will be a permanent feature of life, as unquestioned as credit cards and driver’s licences. We are moving towards enforced mandatory vaccination of entire populations - including children - and prison sentences for those who refuse. By winter’s end, we could be living in a world in which the state has taken full charge of our bodies, and our only chance of remaining active members of society is to submit to their every instruction, and agree to permanent digital monitoring to prove our compliance.

Eighteen months ago, anyone suggesting that this would be the direction of travel when this virus arrived in town would have been dismissed as a paranoid David Icke fanboy. But over that eighteen months we have moved smoothly from ‘two weeks to flatten the curve’ to ‘mandatory injections to avoid prison.’ We have normalised this, and accepted it. We have not asked questions. Those who have dissented have been censored, silenced, bullied and abused.

Even as I was writing this essay, the situations in Germany and Austria were eclipsed by news from Down Under. This weekend, the Australian army began shifting covid-infected people into state-run camps. Parts of the Northern Territories of Australia have entered a ‘hard lockdown’, in which nobody can leave their house for any reason at all except for urgent medical treatment. Those who have contracted the virus, or simply been in contact with someone who has, will now be forcibly ‘transferred’ by soldiers to a government-run camp where they will be held until the state decrees they are safe enough to be released.

These ‘mandatory supervised quarantine facilities’ have been used to quarantine incoming travellers for the last year. Now they are being used to 'contain' Australian citizens. You can watch this measure being announced by the government here. You can see another Australian politician fulminating about the ‘unvaxxed’ and what he would like to do to them here. If after this you are not filled with foreboding, then I don’t know what to say to you.

My own sense of foreboding is deepening daily. Beneath the surface, down in those depths, I am far from the only one who can see what is emerging. The Narrative does not hang together, the story does not gel, but it is doing its job nonetheless. It is being used to summon forth and justify an unprecedented authoritarian technocracy which is hemming us all in with no consent, no debate, and no right to opt out.

In a short but momentous two years, this is who we have become. We in the West, who have spent decades, if not centuries, lecturing the rest of the world about 'freedom', and sometimes trying to bomb them into accepting it. We who invented this thing called 'liberalism'; we who are now burying it. It didn't take much, did it, for our words to be revealed as hollow?

Nearly a decade ago, I wrote an essay called The Barcode Moment. It’s collected in my book Confessions of a Recovering Environmentalist, but you can also read the original version, in three parts, here, here and here. It was about the advance of intrusive technologies, and the question it posed was: where will you draw your line? I was trying to work out for myself the answer to this question, which has nagged at me for years. At what moment does the direction of travel of the Machine become so obvious, so intolerable, so frightening, that you can no longer acquiesce? What is the breaking point? For some people it was smartphones. For others it might have been social media. These days I think that the really smart people stepped off the carousel at dial-up modems and went quietly into the woods.

That essay was easy to write compared to this one. Ten years ago, I shivered at the sight of Google’s new Glass technology, which in retrospect was an early shot at a prototype metaverse, and wrote about what it might portend. It turns out that it’s a dozen times easier to write about a future of technological control that might be around the corner than it is to write about it as it manifests around you.

But this is what is happening today. Over the last six months I have been writing about the evolution of the vast grid of technological control that I call the Machine: where it came from, what powers it, how we manifest it in our culture and in our individual lives. Over the next few months, I was planning to write about how it manifests in the here and now, in our politics, society and culture. I will still be doing that, but I find myself being overtaken by events. By the time I finish writing these essays, we will be living in a very different world to the one we lived in when I started them. We already are.

The covid pandemic has proven to be the perfect controlled experiment for the rollout of the next stage of the Machine’s evolution. This is the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle without which the rest cannot be deciphered. The Narrative does not make sense until we understand that we are watching a new, radical form of techno-authoritarianism unfold before our eyes. It is not an accident, and it is not temporary. In the EU, Smartphone-enabled vaccine passes have been on the cards since at least 2018. The entire pandemic scenario was wargamed less than a year before it happened. The technology was ready, and the tightening of the ratchet long anticipated. All that was needed was a trigger event. As I wrote in my last essay here, the future in a collapsing society is a combination of both breakdown and clampdown. So it begins.

No ‘conspiracy theory’ is required for this to be true. It doesn’t mean that the virus is not real or dangerous, or that Bill Gates wants to inject you with microchips (well, he might, but that’s a separate conversation ...) No hidden cabal of people needs to be in control. The people who are in control - or at least, who aspire to be - are out in plain sight, and have been for years, and most of us either don’t notice or don’t care. We are too busy playing with the toys they make for us. And what is the line between Them and Us, and how blurred is it?

What we are seeing is the Machine doing what it always does; what I have traced through its history for the past six months. It is taking advantage of events to cement its dominance. It is colonising our societies and our bodies and our minds. It is replacing nature with technology, and culture with commerce. It is making us parts in its operational matrix, and it is using our fear to justify its tightening grip. When we are afraid, we welcome control, we welcome authoritarianism, we welcome strong leaders who will save Us by excluding Them. We willingly give up our freedom for safety, and end up with neither. Our fear leads us by the hand towards the next stage of our long journey away from Earth and into artifice; away from human freedom and into the digital net.

Perhaps you think this sounds exaggerated. Hysterical, even. Just a few months ago I might have agreed. A year ago, I almost certainly would. But a year ago I had not seen what I have seen now. I had not seen the smartphone passports, the QR scanners, the meek public compliance, the deliberate whipping up of fear and hatred by political leaders. I had not seen the mandatory vaccination orders. I had not seen the camps.

Next week I will write more on what I see happening, and where it is heading. But for now, it is enough to say that my personal Vaccine Moment has arrived. Where once I was on the fence, now I am firmly off it. Even if I were to be convinced that these vaccines worked safely, I could never get myself a vaccine passport and acquiesce in the technological segregation of society. I could never scan my code without shivering. I cannot participate in this.

We all have a breaking point, and we all should, because this is the means by which our human intuition screams to us that something is wrong. This is mine. I will not go along with what is happening. I will not validate what is emerging. I will resist it. I will take my stand.

What has been interesting about just the last few days, as I have struggled with how to express myself here, is that huge numbers of people have taken to the streets to say the same thing: enough. As the pressure builds, the explosions begin. Following widespread walkouts and strikes in the USA in recent weeks, hundreds of thousands of people across Europe have begun to take to the streets to oppose the closing-in of the technium. Few of these vast demonstrations have been reported in the mainstream media - another of those facts which, if the world was what it pretends to be, would ring alarm bells, but which we have become inured to in the age of the Spectacle.

But something is happening out there. It’s as if the Vaccine Moment is some kind of thoughtform, drifting through the air, settling on millions of us at once like soft rain. Or perhaps it is more that a fog has suddenly cleared. Perhaps more and more people are coming to see that what is happening now is the Rubicon of our age. Nothing will be the same after this, and it is not intended to be. If we don’t want the future to look like a QR code flickering across a human face forever, we are going to have to do something about it.

Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion