Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:53 pm

Repeating what some here already appreciate.

...if you ever search for anything controversial about COVID, you’ll probably get shown a barrage of “fact check” articles. How comforting, to know that fact checkers are protecting us from Fake News and “misinformation.”

Want to become a fact checker? Here’s a job description:

Although fact checker is “generally considered an entry-level job,” the people who are hired to do this “have strong research skills” (whew!) and are “extremely detail-oriented” (oh ok!) and “Some employers may require fact checkers to have a Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or communications. However, internships may also be available if you have a high school diploma.”

Apparently this qualifies you to “fact check” dissenting scientists or doctors with PhDs or MDs. More on that, by evolutionary biologist Heather Heying:

Fact Checkers Aren't Scientists
Too often, they're censors

https://naturalselections.substack.com/ ... medium=web

I also broke down some of the “fact check” articles about spike protein in Part III here; I suspect some of them were written by interns.

Also, never mind that in court filings Facebook actually admitted that their “fact checks” were mere opinions. Never mind that people like James C. Smith, is on the board of Pfizer and also Chairman of Reuters.

Oh and it looks like a Facebook-partnered Covid “fact-checking” project might be funded by a group that holds $1.9 billion in Johnson & Johnson stock and is headed by a former director of the CDC.

We could go on and on about the web of entanglements between corporations, media, governments, so-called philanthropic organizations or “public-private partnerships,’ but there’s too much to say here. I hope to write more about this in the future.

In the meantime, here’s another fun montage from the “news” networks:

Propaganda in the past

When you see how often corporate media flat-out lies, and constantly tries to make us panic, or misleads us, or tries to “nudge” us, or frequently back tracks, or contradicts itself, to the point where supreme court justices believe wildly false claims about COVID, we end up doing absurd things, and it can seem like we are living in an era of unprecedented artificial paid-for reality.

There are historical precedents for what we are experiencing now.

In his 1928 classic Propaganda, Edward L. Bernays explains how governments, corporations, and foundations are capable of manipulating people en masse, in all areas of life, including war, politics, education, and medicine:

Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.

During World War I, America was bombarded with propaganda in order to enlist people into the army. The media spread stories of the Germans (“Huns”) committing atrocities in Belgium; the Huns supposedly impaled babies, cut off the breasts of Red Cross nurses, and crucified a Canadian. The German army was fairly ruthless, but they had done none of those things. Almost none of the American press told the truth.

We can recall more recent instances of propaganda. Remember the supposed WMDs in Iraq? Or the color codes put in place by the Homeland Security Advisory System?

All while the erosions of civil liberties got cemented into The Patriot Act.

By the way, have you noticed how we lurch from crisis to crisis?

There was the global war on terror, then it was Russia, then it was COVID, then it was the pandemic of racism, and now I’m being told that white supremacy is the most lethal threat to our democracy today. I think we’re supposed to think that these same white people are linked, or perhaps identical, to the so-called domestic terrorists responsible for January 6. Nevermind the role of the FBI there (here and here).

It’s interesting that we don’t talk about the global war on terror as much these days. Guess they’ve all been supplanted by the domestic ones?

So if members of the government have been behind the manipulation of the public in the past, why wouldn’t it be happening now too?

My main source of information used to be newspapers like the New York Times, but over the course of a few years I gradually got red-pilled as I realized the number of verifiably fake news coming out of it (more on this in the future).

https://joomi.substack.com/p/i-was-dece ... id-vaccine
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby alloneword » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:07 pm

alloneword

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:41 am

Spotify Announces Addition Of Content Warnings In Response To Joe Rogan Covid-19 Misinformation Criticism
https://deadline.com/2022/01/spotify-content-warnings-joe-rogan-covid-19-misinformation-1234922739/

:thumbsup

But is that enough? Will other artists join the fight against misinformation and hold these corporations accountable!
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:06 am

alloneword » 18 Jan 2022 05:07 wrote:https://twitter.com/James_Townsend9/status/1483039797023326208 :rofl2

Was this posted here recently?

I've seen a study like this before. It was garbage.,
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:08 am

drstrangelove » 31 Jan 2022 18:41 wrote:
Spotify Announces Addition Of Content Warnings In Response To Joe Rogan Covid-19 Misinformation Criticism
https://deadline.com/2022/01/spotify-content-warnings-joe-rogan-covid-19-misinformation-1234922739/

:thumbsup

But is that enough? Will other artists join the fight against misinformation and hold these corporations accountable!

Have you seen the video Rogan put out about this?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:13 am

Joe Hillshoist

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:37 pm

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:10 pm

How fact checking is done 101.

Ask "people in charge" if the uncomfortable facts are true. When they say no, report that these facts are false.
stickdog99

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:32 am

The woke crowd finally broke Rogan. Spotify is purging episodes from his archives and he has an apology video out for using the word nigger instead of the n word.
drstrangelove

Postby DrEvil » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:55 pm

"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:06 pm

drstrangelove » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:32 am wrote:The woke crowd finally broke Rogan.

This is about as accurate as claiming a rodent burrowing under a tower caused a wrecking ball to knock it down. Rogan took a $100 million contract with Spotify. That already means end of the game as far as his freedom of expression is concerned, but I guess he's coping. And then, his hosting of certain speakers ran afoul of the covidian state, the corporate media, and the company that owns him.

But hey, if you squint you can imagine you see a picture of the rodent on the wrecking ball.

Spotify is purging episodes from his archives and he has an apology video out for using the word nigger instead of the n word.

Is the last part supposed to be a bad thing?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:12 pm

JackRiddler » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:06 pm wrote:
Spotify is purging episodes from his archives and he has an apology video out for using the word nigger instead of the n word.

Apologising to people who don't understand the difference between a noun and adjective while they insist others educate themselves on the usage of language is unhelpful.
drstrangelove

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:39 pm

JackRiddler » 05 Feb 2022 22:06 wrote:
drstrangelove » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:32 am wrote:The woke crowd finally broke Rogan.

This is about as accurate as claiming a rodent burrowing under a tower caused a wrecking ball to knock it down. Rogan took a $100 million contract with Spotify. That already means end of the game as far as his freedom of expression is concerned, but I guess he's coping. And then, his hosting of certain speakers ran afoul of the covidian state, the corporate media, and the company that owns him.

But hey, if you squint you can imagine you see a picture of the rodent on the wrecking ball.

Yeah, it's a bad thing if you cannot even use a word to communicate why that word is bad or what Rogan is apologizing about.
stickdog99

Postby Harvey » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:05 pm

JackRiddler » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:06 pm wrote:Rogan took a $100 million contract with Spotify. That already means end of the game as far as his freedom of expression is concerned...

Completely accurate.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:08 pm

drstrangelove » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:12 pm wrote:
JackRiddler » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:06 pm wrote:

Apologising to people who don't understand the difference between a noun and adjective while they insist others educate themselves on the usage of language is unhelpful.

Living behind a paywall is like living in a gated community. You've already locked your friends outside.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion