Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:33 am

No, it's not misleading

You are taking 1 quote and saying "this is the message as most Americans understood it, and as Fauci conveyed it at all times".

YOU are now being dishonest, or in denial.

Many, perhaps most, Americans that took these mRNA shots absolutely believed they wouldn't get sick or catch covid once they took the shot(s), in large part to the propaganda dished out by Fauci, the CDC, the Biden admin, et al.

Yours is a single quote that you are reading carefully versus an onslaught of messaging for most of the covid 'vaccine' campaign (at least until they couldn't bullshit the public anymore about prevention of transmission, and then they conceded after millions already swallowed their lies) that taking these shots will prevent them from getting sick or spreading it. There remain, right now, a significant number of deluded souls (particularly those in white-collar professions, AKA 'PMC' [professional managerial classes]) -- in deep denial -- that continue to believe these shots 'help' prevent spread or minimally help them keep severe symptoms at bay (despite rising hospitalization rates for the double+ 'vaccinated'). I'm referring here to otherwise healthy people, NOT those that are at risk for severe symptoms.

You're attempting to apply a slippery lawyer tactic -- for a SINGLE Fauci quote out of hundreds -- to defend your weak stance.

This whole thing has been a GIANT fraud perpetrated on the people, and that's a charitable take on it.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:00 am

Further to the above:

A speculative take that some may consider idealistic as it involves accountability. We'll see how things transpire in the months ahead.

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/pfos ... es-and-the

what follows is entirely speculative. i have no special knowledge of the political or legal actors here or their plans. i’m just making some base assumptions and trying to predict future outcomes because i think i see the low energy path through the descent to come, the one that things will tend to flow to.

let’s start laying out salients and assumptions:

1. mRNA vaccines have failed on efficacy, are likely making covid spread and recurrence worse, and have a side effect profile orders of magnitude greater than any other vaccine.

2. this is rapidly becoming too big to hide and the data will out. the vaccinated failing to develop natural immunity and piling on side effects (many of them severe and debilitating, even deadly) with every round of boosters is going to simply be too obvious to miss. you can tell people it’s long covid, but the actuaries at insurers and med centers are going to see the truth. and so will the citizenry.

3. this will leak and momentum will build around it through advocacy groups, patient support, and insurers looking to be compensated for mounting losses. even if the US will not do the work, other countries will, especially the socialized health systems. some are already banning some of these vaccines in younger patients. class action lawyers are already salivating and potential plaintiffs are multiplying like bunnies in springtime.

this will create a great deal of pressure seeking resolution and that pressure will be highly mediagenic. families going BK to pay for vaccine induced myocarditis look highly sympathetic, especially when they were hectored and forced into jabs that were endlessly promoted by government agencies and pharma companies alike as safe and effective. they are going to want compensation and they are going to want justice.

and the government folk who did this will know they are in trouble. they may not say so in public, but they are seeing these numbers and know full well they are holding a losing hand if they ever really get called. and they are running out of bluff.

this fight is going to look more and more like a loser every day as more and more of the center loses faith. this will get amplified by new political blood post the november election and the inevitable hearings to come. a lot of people are going to be in a lot of trouble. and they will be looking for a way out.

and that way out is going to present itself.

and once they see it, everyone will flock.

i’ve seen and read a lot of clinical trials. all the information i have so far, which is far from complete but is only going to get juicer as more data is dumped in legal discovery, points to large scale deliberate and premeditated pfraud in the pfizer trial.

do we have the smoking gun yet? i’m not sure. but i suspect we will. anything that smells this pfishy has rotten poisson somewhere. early looks seem to show major manipulation of data and suppression of adverse events and possibly even surgishpere style data fabrication (as well as all manner of games played to make efficacy look high.)

more on this HERE: https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/are- ... um=web&s=w

and HERE: https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/are- ... rt-fa2?s=w

if pfraud is proven, then all hell breaks loose.

it’s the way out of this that everyone wants because fraud is something of a universal solvent for contracts.

commit fraud, and the deal is off; promises and obligations and waivers are void. and unless i am misreading it badly, that would include the liability shield baked into an EUA (emergency use authorization) like those that cover pfizer and moderna. even if it doesn’t, congress can make it so. and they likely will.

(and make no mistake, if pfizer goes down, moderna is likely to join them. mRNA1273 has had more severe AE’s than even BNT16b2 and their trial did not seem to indicate that this would be so. fertile ground for inquiry.)

the minute someone shows fraud, it will be like applying a magnetic field to iron filings: they will all orient and point in a new direction. the cornered politicians and health agencies desperately looking to escape the mess they mandated and motivated will change jerseys in an inkling and wrap themselves in the mantle of victimhood and populism. after all, it’s what they do best and under pressure, you revert to what you know.

and they will be grateful for the way out. and so they will stop stonewalling and start pushing for culpability. it’s what gets them off the hook and back into proactive looking action.

“we wuz lied to!”

“shocked, yes shocked we are that big pharma would choose profits over safety!”

“how could anyone have known they’d fake the data!”

“and this is why you need big government to regulate those evil capitalistas!”

this is going to let all the elected miscreants squirt out and the carnival of congress-critters protesting their outrage at having been tricked by cunning and duplicitous big pharma and seizing the opportunity to demand panels, TV time, and new regulatory power and fiat will be an all singing all dancing escapade of escape artistry to make harry houdini himself stare in slack-jawed awe.

the fact they they never understood any of this will come to their aid.

they will all plead stupid.

“we relied on the guidance of experts! look at their credentials! how could we have put our view on a drug trial above theirs?”

and it will probably work.

sorry, but it will.

it will also let them shift blame to trump, which, obviously, they love to do. why did orange man do this to us? why did the trump FDA and fauci and brix do this? how did they let it happen and cause such harm. this will be the cherry on top for the tactical turncoats.

however, this sword has a second edge. it may be happy times in the capitol, but this is going to be like a skunk at a garden party at the FDA.

it’s going to be a scapegoat rodeo.

heads will need to roll, careers will be ended.

people may want to ask gottlieb about his oddly early and profoundly prescient mid-term departure as FDA kingpin to go join the pfizer board.

the whole FDA has become dysfunction junction during covid, but the vaccine division has really sunk to lows i never could have imagined. its leaders quit in disgust. its panels were ignored then turned into rubber stamp assembly lines. they missed everything in the pfizer study structure, implementation, and reporting. this was not warp speed, it was warped science and with any luck, this newfound position under the hot interrogation lights will be enough to generate the impetus to restructure the agency top to bottom. forensic colonoscopes all around.

in such a scenario, pfizer (and likely moderna) are also going to be dragged in for questioning and sued in class actions until the cows come home. they will go straight from heroes to villains and the populist instincts of frightened politicians dying to throw them under the bus to save their own skins trump any plausible political donations and taking money from them will be death anyhow.

you’d be better off taking rubles.

whether they manage to pierce the corporate veil and frogmarch the execs off to club fed is 3 to 2 the field and pick em.

then the fun questions come. it’s time to play “who’s gonna squeal and who are they squealing on?”

FDA staffers likely caught piles of pressure from above. finding out from whom may become quite the game.

this gets hard to predict. will they drag the CDC and NIH down too? NIH seems likely. one of the really pointy questions no one seems to have really ever gotten anywhere near to answering is:

“just where did this mRNA tech come from and how could you possibly have had it so quickly?”

the development timeframes are way past implausible. somebody had an early start.

pfizer got theirs from bioNtech a previously nothing oncology company that billy gates just happened to buy about a third of in late 2019 right before they suddenly had a vaccine tech for pfizer to license into the most profitable drug in human history despite bioNtech having never worked on vaccines before.

the moderna vaxx used tech and patents straight from NIH to whom they have been paying royalties (possibly to individual staff as well) and the relationship to peter daszak and his merry band of gain of function aficionados look like a prime source. baric at UNC is also all tangled up in this. they likely had the biology/RNA mapped and characterized already and may well have been working on vaccines beforehand. their interest was always in reckless forms of inoculation (https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/pete ... origin?s=w), not weaponization.

this could land right in teflon tony’s lap. collins too. and their tall tales already look quite threadbare. you can only go to this well so many times…

the magic is gone, and the trust will go with it.

it’s going to end in show trials, massive lawsuits, recrimination, accusation, and populist grandstanding. the politicians will kiss your wallet and steal your baby and blame big pharma and try to take more power for themselves as they always do.

you can’t fix congress.

but we might get a real shot here to fix the health agencies and FDA, make them open, even open source, and perhaps put competitive systems with external audits and red team oppositional engagement in place.

if this comes to pass as prophesied (obviously, a BIG if) it will burn these agencies to the waterline and require reconstruction.

and maybe, just maybe, we could actually build them back better (or better still, get rid of most of their functions altogether and privatize them, but i doubt we have the political will).

but even just requiring all the data and processes to be open and not just “peer” reviewed but community reviewed would be a huge move forward and start the ball to eventual elimination rolling.

crises are, indeed, opportunities. and this crisis of confidence in public institutions is a vast one. let’s not miss it or let it turn to calls for more authority and regulation.

let’s announce our independence instead.

dream big.

this all starts with a serious and all encompassing evaluation and analysis of the data used to approve these drugs. it was obviously astonishingly slipshod and corner-cut. but if it was fraud, then we can really make some changes.

that will be too enormous to not react to.

please dig on this, support the diggers, and pass on to elected leaders a sense that something here is deeply amis and that they should be paying attention and devoting resources to this.

we cannot un-ring this bell, but we CAN prevent it from ever taking such a toll again.

the society you save might be your own.

one of the comments:
In 2009, Pfizer paid the largest healthcare fraud settlement in history - $2.3 BILLION for fraudulent marketing. Our society has the memory and intellect of a goldfish. Good thing we have a vigilant cat here...
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Belligerent Savant » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:33 pm wrote:.
No, it's not misleading

You are taking 1 quote and saying "this is the message as most Americans understood it, and as Fauci conveyed it at all times".

YOU are now being dishonest, or in denial.

Many, perhaps most, Americans that took these mRNA shots absolutely believed they wouldn't get sick or catch covid once they took the shot(s), in large part to the propaganda dished out by Fauci, the CDC, the Biden admin, et al.

Yours is a single quote that you are reading carefully versus an onslaught of messaging for most of the covid 'vaccine' campaign (at least until they couldn't bullshit the public anymore about prevention of transmission, and then they conceded after millions already swallowed their lies) that taking these shots will prevent them from getting sick or spreading it. There remain, right now, a significant number of deluded souls (particularly those in white-collar professions, AKA 'PMC' [professional managerial classes]) -- in deep denial -- that continue to believe these shots 'help' prevent spread or minimally help them keep severe symptoms at bay (despite rising hospitalization rates for the double+ 'vaccinated'). I'm referring here to otherwise healthy people, NOT those that are at risk for severe symptoms.

You're attempting to apply a slippery lawyer tactic -- for a SINGLE Fauci quote out of hundreds -- to defend your weak stance.

This whole thing has been a GIANT fraud perpetrated on the people, and that's a charitable take on it.

You're missing the point, as usual. You posted a quote that makes it look like Fauci, in that particular instance, was saying that vaccines will make you immune, when that was demonstrably not what he was saying. What he's said and done elsewhere is irrelevant to this specific case; you posted a misleading quote.

That's all: don't be dishonest. I don't give a flying fuck if you're being dishonest about a piece of shit, you're still being dishonest, and that's a shitty thing to do. If you can't present your argument in a honest way you should change your argument, otherwise you're no better than the lying assholes you're lying about, willing to twist the truth to champion your cause. If that happens to be a noble cause all you're achieving is to piss all over it.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:12 pm

One more thing: I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's the principle of the thing. It pisses me off when I see people here employing the same tactics that we regularly lambast the mainstream media for.
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:22 pm

Once again: he has conveyed -- many times -- that these covid shots offered protection from catching the virus, from spreading it, as well as from severe symptoms (the last bit is the one portion that remains un-retracted to this point, except 'severe symptoms' are only likely for the segments of the population at greater risk [the old/compromised] -- a key detail almost always left out of the mantra). While you may be able to apply an 'objection' as a technicality by claiming the expanded version of the specific portion of the Fauci quote in my posting (which I added primarily as a rhetorical device, not intended to be taken literally per se) contained qualifiers, the reality remains that MANY Americans (and humans outside the U.S.) took these shots thinking that:

A) they will be protected from catching the virus, and

B) they won't spread the virus.

...due in large part to Fauci's (and CDC, WHO, govt leaders, mainstream news media, etc.) comments since 2020, which of course he's revised or amended, to certain degrees, over time, AFTER millions were already inoculated (a percentage of which otherwise would have probably held off [barring filthy mandates removing their choice] until more data was made available -- though of course, this is an ideal scenario, as the 'data' has not been presented in any manner that can be considered objective. The press, the pharma/medical authorities, and govt 'leaders' have failed the people. This is not anomalous, of course, but the scale of the lies/fraud have been markedly more egregious since 2020).

The essence of my point remains firm: Fauci has lied and misled the people. He is directly, and also indirectly, responsible for a broad range of harms (in other words, multiple charges should be filed against him and other complicit actors). Harms that persist today and will continue for the foreseeable future.

There remains the possibility that a measure of accountability will come, and perhaps sooner than anticipated.
We'll see if he turns out to be a modern day Teflon Don, or instead: the Fall Guy.
(a guilty 'fall guy', of course -- but the one that would take 'the hit' on behalf of many others just as, if not more, deserving of justice).

"justice". So foolish to expect it at the larger Stage/Theatre.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm

This is reprehensible, the plight of these people as relayed in this article, and far from anomalous.

[Edit: removed my own personal circumstances, as I prefer not to air my laundry online. I'll simply add that I have a looming/potential decision of my own to make as my employer is threatening to remove all exemptions for anyone that currently holds one. Yes, June 2022 and this remains a thing.]

Mandates are unethical and counter to essential human rights.

The SHAME of these dark times. As it is often in history: the extent of the shame won't be acknowledged for years; cowardice abounds. Only when it's 'safe' will the floodgates open. It takes bravery to stand out in times like this. But: the dam is beginning to show cracks. Maybe we'll witness a flood sooner rather than later, though it's easy to be cynical and have doubts the exposure will occur anytime soon.

'No other choice': Some injured by Covid vaccines can't get medical exemptions

Kim still has no permanent medical exemption from the Covid vaccine, despite her severe reaction to the first shot last year.

Kim — a Los Angeles resident whose name has been changed in this story to protect her doctor’s identity — received the Pfizer vaccine in early March 2021. While driving home from the vaccination site, she says she started to feel “weird — like maybe I shouldn't be driving, like I just didn't feel like I had total control over things.” That night, she woke up to find her bed drenched in sweat, although she noticed she was only sweating on the left side of her body – the side where she received the shot. She says she also experienced a left-sided headache, swelling in her left arm and left ankle, numbness in the left side of her face, difficulty walking, paresthesia – a pins and needles sensation – and electric shock sensations. Records show she had to receive dental care, after a lack of sensation in her gums caused her to chew too hard without realizing it, resulting in a chipped tooth.

Months later, Kim, 48, had no plans to receive a second vaccine dose. But there was a problem: her doctor – who noted her “vaccine reaction” in writing – wouldn’t offer her a medical exemption, writing that she is “not able to sign any medical exemptions.”

“It’s a very challenging time and I am mandated by my governing bodies and I need to be able to keep being here for my patients,” Kim’s doctor wrote in an August email that Kim shared with The National Desk. Kim says her doctor later told her during a phone call that she risked losing her medical practice if she handed out exemptions. Her doctor suggested over email that Kim try for a religious exemption instead.

“But I don't have a religious reason,” Kim told The National Desk. “Why do I have to lie? Why can't I tell my truth?”

Kim told her doctor she might have trouble finding a job without an exemption.

“[S]ince you are the only doctor with the proof of visits and inquiries about my vaccine reaction, I will not have employment if you are not willing to verify my journey with this vaccine,” Kim wrote.

Kim asked if her doctor could write a letter – not an exemption – that would simply describe her vaccine reaction to a potential employer. The next day, Kim’s doctor sent her a letter, stating that Kim “saw myself in June for persistent symptoms she felt related to the vaccine... I can say [Kim] has many conditions that would make her more vulnerable to side effects from any treatment, traditional or alternative. But can not [sic] make any claims or sign medical exemptions as to causative nature. It is my hope that you will continue to allow her employment as she is a light and a voice that needs to be heard in the world.”

Kim’s first attempt to bypass vaccine mandates was a success: she presented her doctor’s letter to the New York Film Academy, and the school hired her for a part-time teaching job.

But her next opportunity – a week-long film gig – fizzled. After explaining her medical situation, offering to be tested for COVID-19 every day of the job, and even receiving antibody tests in July and October showing detectable Covid antibodies, Kim was told in December that the employer had a “no-exceptions policy” for the Covid vaccine and that “we aren’t allowed to bend the rule based on medical/religious/personal concerns.” At the time, Kim says her post-vaccine symptoms were still flaring up, including numbness on the left side of her face.

“I wonder who will be responsible for further medical treatment if I got the 2nd shot and became worse,” she replied over email, after her request was denied. “If the employer is mandating it or the government is mandating it, then are they telling me it's safe and will accept responsibility for me being incapacitated and in the hospital (like many in my support group)?”

Kim finally obtained a medical exemption last month from a different doctor for a six-day independent contractor job. But since companies don't share the same exemption form, Kim will have to get a new form signed for each new job she secures. Kim says she's concerned the paperwork would become too tedious for her doctor, so future exemptions aren't guaranteed.

Kim’s predicament evolved as medical boards across the U.S. threatened to punish doctors over inappropriate exemptions or false information related to Covid-19. In a news release published online in August, the Medical Board of California warned that “a physician who grants a mask or other exemption without conducting an appropriate prior exam and without a finding of a legitimate medical reason supporting such an exemption within the standard of care may be subjecting their license to disciplinary action.”

Kim shared her doctor’s communications with The National Desk under the condition that her doctor’s name would not be published without her doctor’s consent. Kim’s doctor responded over email to a request for comment in March, saying, “I commend you for your work to bring forth a balanced and diverse and needed narrative around health and disease. No small task these days. This is a very important story to be told.” After initially suggesting she would reach out to The National Desk, Kim’s doctor did not reply to further questions or follow-ups.

In addition to Kim, The National Desk interviewed three other women who struggled to obtain medical exemptions from the Covid vaccine, despite prior, documented vaccine injuries. Although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does offer guidelines on Covid vaccine contraindications — situations where the vaccine should not be used — there are almost no scenarios in which the agency definitively recommends forgoing a second shot altogether. In cases involving a severe allergic reaction, for example, the agency suggests using a different type of vaccine (i.e. the Johnson & Johnson adenovirus vaccine, instead of the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines).

While the CDC guidelines aren’t necessarily supposed to be treated like strict rules, some say there’s a tendency for doctors to defer to the guidelines, even if it means denying a medical exemption where one might be appropriate.

The CDC told The National Desk the Covid vaccines continue to undergo "the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history." The agency added that it "does not mandate or establish vaccination requirements, and we can’t advise on state law or employment law. Individuals with concerns should contact their state or local health department."

Kim emphasizes that’s she’s “not anti-vax,” and that her politics generally don’t align with America’s political right-wing. But she's also critical of vaccine mandates.

“I'm super liberal, super left, hate Trump,” she told The National Desk in a December interview. “Yet now I find myself agreeing with people I hated four years ago, you know what I mean? Because these mandates are ridiculous, you know?”

Medical board threats

Medical exemption difficulties are not unheard of in Kim’s home state. One California physician claims obtaining a medical exemption there has become “de facto impossible.”

“No physician will write them, even when you have someone that has a contraindication listed on the CDC's list of contraindications to COVID vaccines,” said former University of California, Irvine professor Aaron Kheriaty, at a panel discussion hosted by U.S. Senator Ron Johnson, R-Wisconsin, earlier this year.

Kheriaty, who previously served as director of the UCI Health Medical Ethics Program and was fired last year after suing the school over its vaccine mandate, says doctors felt intimidated by the Medical Board of California’s August statement regarding improper exemptions.

“For a physician – just to help you to understand – this kind of threat hanging over your head is worse than the threat of getting fired,” Kheriaty said. “If I get fired from a particular healthcare organization, I can go to another healthcare organization, or go start a private practice. If I lose my medical license, I cannot practice medicine. That’s how serious this is.”

Kheriaty added he finds the medical board’s directive to be unusual.

“In my entire 18 years of being a licensed physician, I and my colleagues have never, ever received any kind of communication like this from the medical board,” he said. “It’s outlandish.”

Other medical boards issued statements last year related to Covid-19 misinformation. The Federation of State Medical Boards warned in July that a doctor who spreads COVID-19 vaccine misinformation or disinformation could potentially have their medical license suspended or revoked. By December, at least 15 state medical boards had published similar statements, and at least 12 boards had taken disciplinary action related to false or misleading information, according to an FSMB survey.

In April 2022, the FSMB clarified its stance on vaccine exemptions: “Physicians must not offer exemptions from vaccinations or other preventive measures that are not based in medical need, nor should they acquiesce to patient requests to alter medical records or death certificates in ways that do not accurately reflect patient encounters, diagnoses or treatments.”

When asked whether the Medical Board of California is aware of any cases where a doctor refused to write a COVID-19 vaccine medical exemption due to fear of reprisal from their medical board, the board replied that it “has heard this anecdotally; however, the Board expects that physicians follow the standard of care when they are treating their patients including when determining whether a COVID-19 vaccine medical exemption is warranted.” A spokesperson for the FSMB wrote in February that it was not aware of any such cases.

The Medical Board of California added that it does not specifically track this type of complaint. As of early January, the board had received 1,244 complaints related to COVID-19.

While some claim medical board threats have gone too far, William Moss, executive director of the Johns Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center, says he “can’t imagine” that a medical board would punish a physician over a medical exemption decision that was made in good faith.

Moss also told The National Desk the CDC guidelines can't capture every unique medical situation, and that there needs to be room for qualified physicians to make their own judgments.

“I do understand there is a tension here,” Moss said. But he added that if a qualified physician offers an exemption to a patient with complex medical circumstances, “that's certainly a far cry in my mind from spreading COVID vaccine misinformation.”

“We should allow, and even applaud, people making those kinds of difficult, individual decisions,” Moss said. “And perhaps there could be more acknowledgement of this in the [CDC] guidelines, so that physicians feel comfortable making such judgment calls.”

The Medical Board of California said it does not have its own guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 vaccine medical exemptions, referring instead to guidelines issued by the California Department of Public Health and CDC.

“What do you mean I didn’t have a reaction?”

But the CDC guidelines don’t always prove helpful to those injured by vaccines.

That was the case for Lili Rodriguez, who has been mostly confined to a wheelchair, following her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine in October.

Rodriguez says she would have received the Covid vaccine as soon as it was offered, but she hesitated, due to her history of food and medicine allergies. That included an adverse reaction to a contrast dye injection she received for a CT scan, where she says she felt her chest tighten and her throat close, and she also experienced dizziness and redness in her chest and neck area. She reports a prior adverse reaction to codeine, in addition to food allergies involving corn tortillas, tomato sauce, and nuts.

“I could eat a banana today, and tomorrow, I'm allergic to it,” Rodriguez said. “I could eat apples, and all of a sudden I'm allergic to them.”

Rodriguez told The National Desk she was concerned that if she reacted adversely to the Covid vaccine, she’d be given epinephrine, to which she also reacted when it was used to numb her gums at the dentist. The CDC lists epinephrine among the medications that should be made available at vaccination sites. Rodriguez says she doesn’t have a record to verify her epinephrine reaction, but according to MedlinePlus, a service of the National Library of Medicine, an epinephrine injection “may cause side effects,” including Rodriguez’s reported symptoms of increased heart rate and anxiety.

Rodriguez says she was “terrified” and asked her doctor if there was any way to know whether she’d react negatively to the COVID-19 vaccine. Rodriguez says her doctor told her there’s no contraindication involving food allergies and suggested she contact the CDC.

In her email to the CDC, Rodriguez described her allergy history, and asked how she might determine which vaccine to get, or if she should avoid it altogether. The agency replied that it “recommends that people get vaccinated even if they have a history of severe allergic reactions not related to vaccines or injectable medications-such as food, pet, venom, environmental, or latex allergies. People with a history of allergies to oral medications or a family history of severe allergic reactions may also get vaccinated.” The CDC also said people who have had an immediate allergic reaction to a vaccine or injectable therapy for another disease should ask their doctor to help them determine if it’s safe to get the shot.

Rodriguez works in California for an agency that contracts with federal, state, and local entities, including government entities, and which mandated she be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8. She says she felt she had no other option but to get the shot.

“I told my son and my husband, ‘Okay, lose my job, or get the vaccine?’”

On Oct. 21, Rodriguez received her first Pfizer vaccine. She says she was monitored for 30 minutes afterward, as recommended by the CDC for those with a history of anaphylaxis or other kinds of allergic reactions.

Then, concerning symptoms set in. Rodriguez says within a couple hours, she felt her stomach cramp and started feeling slow and sluggish. The next day, she started feeling numb from her waist down to her feet. “It was hard for me to walk around,” she said. “I was losing my breath. I was getting winded just going from one room to another.”

The numbing worsened to the point where she no longer could move her legs. She visited the emergency room and was later admitted to the hospital, where an MRI led to a diagnosis of transverse myelitis, or inflammation of the spinal cord.

For several months after her initial symptoms, Rodriguez had to lie down almost the whole day, and her husband requested to work from home so he could care for her, driving her to doctor’s appointments and helping her dress. As recently as April, Rodriguez still experienced leg spasms and couldn’t walk more than 10 to 15 steps on her own, depending mostly on her wheelchair.

But despite her severe reaction, Rodriguez struggled to obtain a medical exemption from her second shot. A physician at Kaiser Permanente told her she didn’t advise an exemption, instead suggesting Rodriguez might be able take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – advice that is mirrored by the CDC in the case of a severe allergic reaction to an mRNA Covid vaccine.

Rodriguez says she didn’t want to take the J&J shot due to blood clot concerns. The CDC last year confirmed 54 cases of thrombosis and thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) — a condition involving blood clots and low blood platelet levels — associated with the J&J vaccine, and currently reports nine deaths were “causally associated” with the shot. The agency now recommends the J&J only be used “in limited situations,” and says the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines are preferred.

But despite Rodriguez's concerns, Kaiser refused to grant her a medical exemption — at least at first.

“[O]ur records don’t indicate that COVID-19 vaccination is medically contraindicated,” reads the letter, signed by a Regional Covid Vaccination Medical Exemption Team. “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have found the COVID-19 vaccines safe and effective. When you are ready, I encourage you to reconsider COVID-19 vaccination.”

Rodriguez was taken aback.

“I was like, ‘What do you mean I didn’t have a reaction? I can't walk!’”

Rodriguez said she contacted Kaiser's management, and the hospital ended up approving her exemption request. The subsequent letter reads, “After review of your medical records and input from your Neurologist, you are exempt from future COVID-19 vaccinations at this time.” Kaiser did not offer a response regarding the reversal.

Although it sounded like a step in the right direction, Rodriguez said she wasn't sure whether the exemption she received would be permanent.

“That's what worries me – ‘at this time,’” Rodriguez said. “It kind of sounded like ‘temporary.’”

The National Desk reached out to Pfizer for comment about Rodriguez's and Kim's post-vaccine symptoms.

“We take adverse events that are potentially associated with our COVID-19 vaccine very seriously,” the company wrote in an April email. “We closely monitor all such events and collect relevant information to share with global regulatory authorities. Based on ongoing safety reviews performed by Pfizer, BioNTech and health authorities, our vaccine retains a positive benefit-risk profile for the prevention of COVID-19 infections. To date, about 3 billion of our COVID-19 vaccines have been delivered globally. It is also important to note that adverse events that are unrelated to the vaccine are unfortunately likely to occur at a similar rate as they would in the general population.”

“You feel like you’re dying”

Like Rodriguez, Lindsay Burmeister is still suffering neurological symptoms following her first Moderna vaccine over one year ago. Despite medical records indicating a potential link with the vaccine, she struggled to obtain a medical exemption from future shots.

Burmeister, a human resources manager in Washington state, says she “didn’t have any concerns” about the shot before she received it. “I had never had a bad reaction to a vaccine before. And I trusted the science and ethics boards so much that I didn't even question it,” she says.

Burmeister says she didn’t have any concerns before receiving her first dose of the Moderna vaccine in March of last year. (Lindsay Burmeister / Courtesy)

Burmeister, 43, says her reaction began seven days after vaccination, with rapid twitching at the injection site, along with numbness and paresthesia down her left arm, which was the injection arm, and a sensation of nerve pain on the underside of her arm. The numbness and paresthesia eventually spread to her feet, legs, and other arm. She was admitted to the hospital, where an MRI revealed lesions in her brain and spine.

Burmeister says she experienced a range of other symptoms, including extreme fatigue, brain fog, muscle tremors and twitches, tinnitus, pain in her left knee, dizziness upon standing, blurry vision, and hair loss. She had trouble standing and walking, and she worried she would go paralyzed as the numbness and paresthesia started rising above her knees. She says she once went three days with no more than a couple hours of sleep.

“You feel like you’re dying,” she said. “It was hard for me to find any information online about what was going on with me. I didn't know if I would live.”

Doctors considered a range of diagnoses for Burmeister’s condition, according to her medical records, including multiple sclerosis, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and transverse myelitis. One neurologist wrote it is “possible that her symptoms are a side effect of the vaccination.”

Another neurologist suggested her symptoms may be linked to the vaccine and said, according to Burmeister, that she’d treated other patients for neurological Covid vaccine side effects and was “perplexed” by the CDC’s lack of acknowledgement of such issues. The National Desk reached out to this doctor’s practice for comment but was told she declined to be interviewed.

Burmeister says a third neurologist, despite acknowledging the “temporal relationship between the vaccination and the symptom onset,” told her she still should receive the second Covid vaccine and booster, citing CDC guidance. This doctor also could not be reached for comment.

Burmeister says she was not mandated to receive the Covid vaccine as a condition of employment, but she requested an exemption anyway in case of a future mandate. In her exemption request, Burmeister noted that she works from home, so her vaccination status would not medically impact her co-workers.

But her request was denied by Kaiser Permanente, without specific reasoning.

“[Y]our health history and our records do not indicate that the COVID-19 vaccination is medically contraindicated for you - meaning it is not dangerous for you to receive the vaccine,” the response read. Burmeister says the doctor who denied her request had never seen or treated her.

The National Desk reached out to Kaiser for comment and requested interviews with those who denied or advised against medical exemptions for Burmeister and Rodriguez. The hospital replied that it “is committed to administering vaccines safely and equitably in accordance with all federal and state guidelines. While we cannot comment on personal health information, Kaiser Permanente, like many health systems, conducts a centralized and thorough review of all medical exemption requests based on CDC guidance and individual health needs. We remain dedicated to ensuring that every individual treated at Kaiser Permanente receives the highest quality health care and review for their specific situation.”

Moderna didn’t respond to requests for comment about Burmeister’s post-vaccine symptoms.

Fortunately, Burmeister still doesn’t need an exemption for work. But she did need one recently to volunteer at her son’s kindergarten, where vaccinations were required for employees. She finally obtained a medical exemption in May — more than 13 months after her initial vaccine reaction.

In a January interview, Burmeister told The National Desk she still had no feeling from her elbows to her fingertips and from her knees to her toes, and she experienced a burning sensation, or paresthesia, in her arms, legs, hand, and face. She says she was on family and medical leave for part of last year, due to the severity of her symptoms.

“It’s been a struggle for me to even get out of bed, to get dressed, brush my teeth, take my medications. And the mom that my kids know now is someone that is in bed a lot, if I'm not working, so they sort of lost the mother that they had,” she said. “I thought at that time that I was going to have to resign because my symptoms were so bad.”

Burmeister has gradually returned to working full-time hours, albeit with difficulty, and she still doesn’t have an official diagnosis for her condition. She also reports new symptoms recently, including ligament laxity and pain in her joints and bones.

She says there’s no way she’s getting a second vaccine dose.

“A second shot for me would likely mean paralysis,” she said. “I don't need any more brain inflammation.”

Burmeister suggests the CDC needs to be more transparent about Covid vaccine adverse events.

“There's definitely a disconnect between the medical issues that many of the vaccine-injured are facing and what the CDC is disclosing to the public at this time, and it's creating many, many issues for the vaccine-injured,” Burmeister said in January. “It would be easier for us to get treatment. It would be easier for us to get exemptions from our employers. We would not be ostracized, criticized, censored. It would improve our relationships with friends and family who maybe don't believe us.”

Burmeister adds that she used to consider herself “very pro-vaccine.”

“If I hadn't been injured, I could see myself just trusting the ethics boards and science and getting fully vaccinated and boosted,” she wrote in an email. “Now, because of the experience that I've gone through, I question the integrity of some of the information we are being given about the COVID-19 vaccine products.”

Vaccinate or Terminate

Former Mayo Clinic employee Stacey Droske was also hesitant to get the Covid vaccine, due to her prior adverse reaction to the Tdap vaccine. But like the others, her medical exemption request was denied, and she resigned days before the hospital system fired hundreds of employees for non-compliance with its vaccination mandate this past January.

Droske, a former Mayo Clinic perioperative service technician in Wisconsin, received the Tdap vaccine several years ago, following a run-in with a barbed wire fence that landed her in urgent care. (Stacey Droske / Courtesy)

Droske, a former Mayo Clinic perioperative service technician in Wisconsin, received the Tdap vaccine several years ago, following a run-in with a barbed wire fence that landed her in urgent care. She says her vaccine reaction was so serious that she had to return to urgent care the next day.

“I had full body hives, had puffed up like the Goodyear blimp, and was concerned that it could turn into anaphylaxis,” Droske wrote in an email. “I saw the same urgent care doctor as the day before and he did not even recognize me, due to my horrific reaction.”

Droske says she took a couple days off work and school until her symptoms cleared up. Since then, she’s been “very careful about what I choose to put into my body.” Her Mayo Clinic patient portal had an allergy label showing “hives” associated with the Tdap vaccine.

Droske said she was “very wary” of the Covid vaccines when they first rolled out, citing her training as a pharmacy technician, and arguing it’s impossible to know the long-term side effects of a vaccine without years of documentation.

“I didn't want to inject something so new into my body without proper testing and approval,” she told The National Desk in an email.

Droske also notes she contracted COVID-19 in September – just before the original mandate was set to go into effect – and “survived just fine at home with over-the-counter medications.”

Droske sent a message through her Mayo Clinic patient portal, asking if it would be possible to get a medical exemption. A nurse responded that her adverse reaction to the Tdap vaccine doesn’t count as a contraindication.

“The ingredients of the two vaccines do not overlap, so cross-reactivity would be unlikely,” the nurse’s message read. “We cannot justify providing a medical exemption for COVID vaccination in this case. We would encourage vaccination against COVID.”

The nurse’s directive reflects guidance from the CDC, which states that for people with an immediate allergic reaction to a vaccine other than the COVID-19 shot, the “benefit of [Covid-19] vaccination outweighs the risks.”

Droske says she felt “absolutely betrayed” by the healthcare system.

“Mayo Clinic is supposed to be where ‘the needs of the patient come first,’ but on that particular day, their tagline could not have been further from the truth,” she wrote.

In a statement emailed to The National Desk in late January, Mayo Clinic said nearly 99% of its employees across all locations complied with its vaccination program by the deadline, saying it approved the majority of medical and religious exemption requests. The hospital said 1% of staff would be released from employment.

“Based on science and data, it's clear that vaccination keeps people out of the hospital and saves lives,” the hospital said. “That’s true for everyone in our communities – and it’s especially true for the many patients with serious or complex diseases who seek care at Mayo Clinic each day.”

When asked for comment on Droske’s medical exemption request, Mayo Clinic told The National Desk it “does not discuss individual employment cases with third parties.”

Droske says she resigned just prior to the hospital’s Jan. 3 deadline. A former co-worker confirmed that she had been employed at the hospital.

“My only choice left was to either get the vaccine or terminate my employment at Mayo Clinic after dedicating 10 years of my life in blood, sweat and tears for their hospital and the patients I cared for,” she said.

Droske said she eventually found new employment at an oral surgery center that didn’t require her to get vaccinated.

“If I don't look out for myself, then who will?” Droske wrote in an email. “If I have learned anything from this process, it's that we all have to be our own best advocate when it comes to our medical care, as our liberties and freedom to choose are being threatened and taken away.”

Understanding the CDC guidelines

Some vaccine experts say the CDC guidelines don’t necessarily need to change.

Niraj Patel, who chairs the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Covid-19 Vaccine Task Force, notes that some people who reacted adversely to their first Covid vaccine had no significant issues with their second shot. One study in the Journal of the American Medical Association analyzed people with “immediate and potentially allergic reactions” to their first Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, showing that while 20% of patients reported “mild symptoms” after the second dose, all patients were able to “safely” complete their vaccination series.

“I think it just proves the point that there's still not a great understanding of what causes anaphylactic reactions to COVID vaccines,” Patel said. He added that someone who experiences post-vaccine anaphylaxis – a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction – could still receive another vaccine, as long as it’s a different type (mRNA vs. adenovirus).

The CDC guidelines distinguish between a “contraindication,” meaning that a particular type of vaccine should not be administered, and a “precaution,” meaning the person can still receive the vaccine, but should be subject to a longer monitoring period of 30 minutes rather than 15 minutes. Patel says that people with a “precaution” are not eligible for a medical exemption.

When it comes to adverse events that have been linked with the Covid vaccine, such as Guillain-Barre syndrome and myocarditis, these “were not felt ultimately to be a contraindication to getting another vaccine, but rather a precaution,” Patel says. He says patients with legitimate concerns should talk with their healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of vaccination before making a decision.

People are also recommended to get the Covid vaccine if they had an adverse reaction to a vaccine for a disease other than Covid.

“Even patients with some of the most severe reactions, including anaphylaxis, tolerate the Covid vaccine just fine,” Patel said.

Patel adds that it’s unclear in some cases whether post-vaccine symptoms actually are related to the vaccine.

“I think the idea is to try and balance risks and benefits, making sure that those vaccine adverse reactions get studied.”

Johns Hopkins vaccine expert William Moss says the CDC guidelines shouldn’t necessarily be followed “to the tee” when it comes to complex medical situations. He says doctors should be allowed to make good-faith decisions about whether to offer a medical exemption.

“I think the CDC guidelines do allow for such judgments to be made,” he said, also noting that when it comes to vaccine reactions, the CDC guidelines don’t cover every “possibility” or “combination.”

“The CDC guidelines, as no guidelines, will be able to really capture every unique situation,” he said. “And I'll just say, this is a not uncommon problem in medicine as a whole. Patients are very unique and require very unique judgments. It’s why I don't think we'll ever have computers treating patients.”

He adds that medical exemption requests require “careful individual consideration,” not simply “going to a table and seeing where a particular patient fits in in the CDC guidelines.”

“There are very complex individual cases that require more careful thought, and some of those may qualify for a medical exemption, even though it doesn't necessarily fit in one of the boxes laid out by the CDC guidelines,” he said.

Terminating physicians

But nephrologist Richard Amerling suggests the CDC guidelines are, in fact, treated more like rules than mere guidance.

Amerling says he was terminated last year from his teaching position at St. George’s University in Grenada after the school imposed a vaccine mandate. Amerling says he didn't want the shot.

“I asked my doctor to fill out a medical exemption form,” he said. “He didn't. He wouldn't do it. This is someone I’d known for years.”

Amerling says a doctor did end up filling out his medical exemption request, but it was dismissed by the school. An SGU spokesperson confirmed he is no longer employed there, but declined to comment further on the circumstances surrounding his departure.

Amerling previously served on staff at Mt. Sinai Beth Israel and assisted patients with kidney failure during a Covid outbreak at Bellevue Hospital in New York City.

Amerling describes the CDC guidelines as “ridiculous" and suggests medical exemption difficulties are a symptom of a larger illness pervading the medical field, where doctors are beholden to guidelines, rather than to their patients’ individual needs. Amerling points to “evidence-based medicine” – a term coined in the 1990s to describe a movement emphasizing the use of scientific studies in medical decision-making. While some say evidence-based medicine improves patient outcomes, Amerling says it’s led to a “one-size-fits-all” approach to medical care, “with no tolerance for deviating.”

“They created this idea that you could have one best way to do everything. And that is, of course, not true,” Amerling says. “They created this idea that there is some sort of expert, or expert panel, that can tell you what the science is, what the truth is. And that's never been true... And it granted authority to these institutions to write standards that became enforceable. And that was always the danger.”

Amerling says he’s tried to help a number of students with their medical exemption requests, adding that almost all of them were initially rejected.

“They [the CDC] have a very narrow list of what the contraindications are” he said. “So if you don't fit that narrow list, they reject you.”

In many cases where he wrote an exemption, a lawyer sent a letter as well. Amerling expresses bewilderment over why an institution would reject the recommendation of a doctor who has a relationship with the patient requesting the exemption.

“That was always done in the past, right? You get a doctor's note for something, pretty much that holds, that gets you what you need,” Amerling said. “Not this time. They were so intent on jabbing the entire world that they almost had — there was a universal policy that they would not accept exemptions. And only under duress — you go after them with legal backing and medical authority — you might get off. That's absurd.

When it comes to medical decision-making, Amerling says doctors “have, for the most part, given up their critical thinking ability, and handed over this whole process to these guideline panels of different types.” He criticizes the randomized controlled trial as “fundamentally flawed," saying even when a trial is well-done, a doctor can't "generalize" based off the results. Amerling adds that there are many ways to manipulate studies to arrive at certain outcomes.

“The drug companies are experts at doing this,” he said. “That's their whole game, is to create a randomized trial that looks good and gets published, and that convinces doctors that this is the best drug in the world.”

Amerling argues that scientific studies aren’t the only basis for medical decision-making.

“You have to understand the pathophysiology of the disease stage. You have to understand how it's affecting a given patient, because everybody's different. You have to weigh risk versus benefit for everything you do in medicine,” he said. “And if you just prescribe according to a protocol, you're pretty much not doing that.”

A slow recovery

Rodriguez says she’s still struggling to receive medical care, following her transverse myelitis diagnosis months ago. She’s been gradually re-gaining her ability to perform household chores like cooking and washing dishes, and only recently returned to work.

“I don't have as much numbing and tingling on my legs, but the constant pain and weakness just makes me very tired, irritated and depressed,” Rodriguez wrote to The National Desk in a March email. “I have been doing physical therapy, which is going ok, but the next day, I can't even move because it feels like someone just beat me up, my legs, back, and hips get very sore, just doing simple leg and foot stretches... Some days are not too bad, but others, I just don't get up from the bed because I can't stand the pain.”

When asked about vaccine mandates, Rodriguez doesn’t express opposition. “I think it’s good because it keeps people healthy,” she said. She just wishes there had been some way to know beforehand whether she'd have a reaction, and she didn't want to lose her job or medical benefits.

“The government was requiring it. The doctors were saying ‘You’ll be okay.’ So I was like, ‘Well, I have no other choice.’”

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/health ... exemptions
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:44 am

Official San Francisco Government Data Show a Strong POSITIVE Correlation (R = 0.71, p < 0.000001) Between SF Neighborhood COVID-19 Booster Rate and Per 10,000 COVID Case Rate

Booster% Case Rate Neighborhood
* 63.47 371.07 Bayview Hunters Point
* 62.17 302.38 Bernal Heights
* 66.42 246.64 Castro/Upper Market
* 62.96 235.49 Chinatown
* 66.50 328.49 Excelsior
* 71.19 329.20 Financial District/South Beach
* 66.99 294.76 Glen Park
* 56.81 268.74 Haight Ashbury
* 59.59 298.82 Hayes Valley
* 59.67 248.98 Inner Richmond
* 61.90 308.41 Inner Sunset
* 68.01 315.40 Japantown
* 33.82 173.64 Lakeshore
* 49.62 240.43 Lone Mountain/USF
* 54.51 178.13 Marina
* 61.72 247.92 Mission
* 72.56 428.07 Mission Bay
* 53.76 184.53 Nob Hill
* 65.13 228.14 Noe Valley
* 59.40 208.37 North Beach
* 62.38 318.92 Oceanview/Merced/Ingleside
* 62.79 300.30 Outer Mission
* 62.57 260.67 Outer Richmond
* 59.89 208.00 Pacific Heights
* 69.25 342.91 Portola
* 68.44 337.05 Potrero Hill
* 46.26 177.47 Presidio
* 63.06 248.46 Presidio Heights
* 57.65 201.22 Russian Hill
* 67.61 327.08 Seacliff
* 61.73 246.07 South of Market
* 64.20 279.87 Sunset/Parkside
* 59.94 184.11 Tenderloin
* 30.65 162.90 Treasure Island
* 68.40 287.40 Twin Peaks
* 60.81 267.46 Visitacion Valley
* 69.55 289.69 West of Twin Peaks
* 59.97 299.91 Western Addition

Source of Case Rate Data: https://data.sfgov.org/COVID-19/COVID-1 ... /tpyr-dvnc

Source of Booster Rate Data: https://data.sfgov.org/COVID-19/COVID-1 ... /4e7h-hjt4
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:52 am

DrEvil » 17 Jun 2022 00:07 wrote:Here's the context:

So, low likelihood of transmission, low likelihood of getting infected. When you do get infected, the chances are, you`re going to be without symptoms. And because of that, that was the accumulating scientific data that prompted the CDC to make that recommendation, that when people are vaccinated, they can feel safe that they are not going to get infected, whether they`re outdoors or indoors. That`s the bottom line of that to get people to appreciate you get vaccinated and you`re really quite safe from getting infected.

https://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/trans ... 1-n1267740

He's not talking about vaccines making you immune.

JFC, are you really so reduced to picking nits this infinitesimal in order to protect the honor of your beloved vaccine pushers?
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am

No, I just hate liars (including Fauci, even though you will forget I said that in about two nanoseconds because it doesn't fit your perception of me). Why is it so damn hard to just be honest? Aren't you supposed to be champions of truth, railing against the lies of the establishment?
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:57 pm

May as well chime in here too:

Re: "liars" -- where's the lie? the dishonesty is on your part here, now, attempting to equate anything in my prior posting as a "lie", let alone a lie in the same general category as those uttered by the likes of Fauci, especially since the quoted bit you're harping on actually captures the over-arching sentiment of Fauci's messaging. Your logic is faulty.

Also, if you hate "liars" you sure as hell aren't applying that 'hate' consistently or objectively, given some of your expressions here.

Relevant side-bar:
Early on we were told: “Nine out of ten [vaccinated] people won’t get sick” (Columbia University feat. Run-DMC, February 12th, 2021 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB9RSffVys4); “Vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don`t get sick” (Dr. Rochelle Walensky, March 29th, 2021); “When people are vaccinated, they can feel safe that they are not going to get infected” (Dr. Anthony Fauci, May 17th, 2021 - https://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/trans ... 1-n1267740).

https://brownstone.org/articles/the-ins ... tly-wrong/

-----------------

Speaking of egregious LIES:

is pfizer suppressing vaccine adverse events reports in infants?
because it would certainly fit as part of a larger pattern

the legacy US press has become a sad and captured thing that desperately cheer leads for such advertisers as remain to fund the melting iceberg of its former glory as it drifts off into irrelevance.

but this is not so in some of the rest of the world and this is why reading foreign news is often the best way to learn what’s actually happening in america. this goes double for foreign policy and squintuplety-zillion (possibly not a real number) times for anything touching pharma because pharma advertising is the backbone of american media and you criticize the golden goose at your bottom line’s existential peril.

and this takes us to israel whose press has been quite a lot freer and franker than our own on issues of covid vaccines.

read the whole article, it’s terrifying. (and has some great data tables)

it describes a case of cardiac arrest in a previously healthy 2 month old male approx 1 hour after vaccination.

“Patient administered vaccination, observed for 15 minutes left the clinic then returned one hour later on 02 Feb 2021, presenting as skin cold, clammy and with chest pain, cardiac arrest event then developed, patient stabilised and transferred for further medical treatment… The outcome of the events was unknown. This case was reported as serious with seriousness criteria-life threatening from HA. No follow-up attempts possible. No further information expected".

Unsure if patient was enrolled in clinical trial”. However, the author of the report also states that the report was ”received from a contactable Other Health Care Professional by Pfizer from the Regulatory Agency”. This note implies that the infant might have actually participated in Pfizer's trial. The regulatory agency report Safety Report Unique Identifier GB-MHRA-ADR 24687611 - indicates that the report came from Great Britain (the first 2 letters in the report ID stand for the country of origin, GB- Great Britain, and MHRA indicate that the source of reporting was its' drug authority).

so, what exactly happened with this child?

1. there is no other legal means to have dosed the child. if this were not in a trial, it would have been contra indicated, immoral, and likely illegal.

2. the report appears to be from a pfizer associated HCP

this points to trial inclusion or at least pfizer involvement, but we do not know for sure and 2 months should be too young even for the most recent trial, so what exactly happened here is a bit of a puzzler.

and how did the child do? did they recover? we have no idea.

“No follow-up attempts possible. No further information expected."

what on earth is that? i flat out cannot imagine any even half reasonable explanation to drop this child from follow up apart from the sinister one: that they did not want to know and so they are memory holing a baby who had a heart attack from their product.

this is already deeply worrying and indicative of possible manipulation and fraud.

but it gets MUCH worse.

there was not a single life threatening event recorded in the entire pediatric trial. not one.

there was only one “related” severe event (out of 5 serious events, 4 of which were deemed “unrelated”)

https://www.fda.gov/media/159193/download

so, if this child was in the trial we’re already getting into some serious questions:

this sure looks to me like it ought to have been classified as life threatening. it’s cardiac arrest in a 2 month old.

but even if we’re going to call it “severe” instead, then this was it. the only related one in the whole trial.

and THAT is where we start to run into serious problems.

because this child was not an isolated case.

there were 58 of these. (and VAERS likely under-reports by 10-100X)

The analysis shows there were at least 58 cases of severe and life-threatening adverse reactions among babies and toddlers 3 years old and younger. This finding is especially puzzling considering the fact that they weren’t supposed to be vaccinated at this age to begin with. Sadly, similarly to the case reported above, most VAERS reports do not indicate how and under which circumstances they were exposed to the vaccine – were they participants in the companies' trials? And if not, why and in which circumstances were they vaccinated?

and if even one of these life threatening events was actually in the trial, we need to be asking some serious questions about fraud.

and it keeps getting worse.

many children in the VAERS reporting had massive responses with multiple effects.

and then they seem to have had no or conflicting follow up.

and they seem to be nowhere in the trial results.

these numbers are terrifying and if all were in the trial would imply an over 1% life threatening AE rate. that’s easily 100X the risk of covid to this group, probably more like 1,000 or even 10,000X.

this is not subtle stuff. this is incredibly severe and systemic reaction. and the data is an obvious mess with children being described both as “not having recovered” but also “not having died” and disappearing like peter pan’s playmates.

this is screaming for investigation.

either many doctors all over the world are badly injuring babies by experimentally jabbing them with unapproved product (and i doubt this as lawsuits would be rife) or this was all part of the pfizer trial and they suppressed it.

place your bets.

pfizer have been playing outlandish games with their vaccine trials.

and the pediatric trial looks little different. their headline efficacy figures were the same bad methodology used to hide immune suppression all along. their headline result ignored a staggering 97% of cases in the trial by only counting from dose 3 + 7 days. real VE was 23%, not 80% and missed stat sig entirely in under 2’s.

they buried it in a supplement.

these are the sort of people we’re being asked to trust.

and the further one goes back into pfizer history, the less trustworthy they look. CEO albert bourla has a past so dark that if he applied for a position as a demon, asmodeus would probably pass him over out of fear of losing his job once alberto got settled in.

as so consistently seems to be the modal outcome, regulators were either asleep or captured.

pfizer is just about if not the most fined and sued pharma company in the world for a reason and the reason is “their behavior.”

their cattle vaccine (PregSure BVD) was causing massive, wholesale death in calves that nursed from mothers that got jabbed. the inoculant was given over and over as regular doses. the problems emerged, the data was clear, and pfizer fought it all.

they lied and denied and most of all kept selling and marketing the vaccine.

they claimed the side effects were overstated and unlinked.

calves were literally bleeding out through their eyes and ears and having “blood sweats.” it destroyed their bone marrow. it was killing 15% of the junior moo team at some farms. this was not “long ago.” this was 2006. no one pulled it until 2010.

despite it being well studied and established, my understanding is that pfizer denies the issues to this day.

the head of the animal division that did this was albert bourla.

albert is currently the CEO of pfizer.

they not only failed to fire him over this, they promoted him.

draw your own conclusions about their priorities from that…

big pharma is not like other pharma. i love small pharma. i know 100’s of wonderful people there, clever researchers and good eggs who are really, truly trying to figure things out and make good products.

but big pharma is not mostly development. they buy that. they are mostly marketing and sales and the best way to do that is regulatory capture and market domination. they play on a much bigger scale and those are they kinds of stakes that bring out the worst in people. those are the kind of stakes where you cannot admit you were wrong and it’s better to lie and keep killing people than allow mistakes to be known.

and this is far from isolated and far from new.

when you spend this kind of capital, both monetary and reputational, the gloves are off. you play dirty. you play to win. big pharma has a practices list that make big tobacco look like your neighborhood farm to table co-op.

it has ALWAYS been like this.

one of the things that’s been so surreally bizarre to me throughout all this branch covidian cultism is the radical society scale amnesia and inversion here.

3 years ago, everyone knew big pharma were nasty, self-serving, dishonest, rapacious entities. this was triple true on the left. and now they are the darlings and the saviors, they who must be trusted, they to whom we must defer. cuz, science.

this is like watching baby mice demanding to be babysat by malayan pit vipers.

it has to rank among the greatest marketing campaigns in human history.

they have not only rehabilitated their deservedly tarnished reputations but burnished them to a gleaming shine.

warp speed warped minds.

mordred has become sir gallahad.

we have forgotten who they are.

there is simply far too much smoke here to be no fire and i suspect that uncovering adverse event suppression is how this whole tawdry mess unravels.

people can forgive a failure to be effective. lots of drugs that barely or don’t work still sell well.

but they will not forgive being attacked, and that’s what suppressing reports of harms and side effects does.

they will especially not forgive an attack on their children.

and it’s failing. uptake is incredibly low, parents deeply suspect. skepticism is high and rising. and a real fight is brewing.

this was the bridge too far and with efficacy collapsed and outright inverted on infection, harms soaring and likely worse for boosters than originals, and the FDA doing nothing but tearing out all the safeguards and trying to make these jabs evergreen without clinical trials (like flu shots) it’s just getting too big to hide.

this will all come apart, collapsed under its own dead weight and declaring “fraud” will likely invalidate the EUA liability shields.

the world is going to turn on pfizer because it will be the low energy path and a way for the politicians who pushed this to play the victim and divert your anger.

europe is already waking up and post election, i suspect the US dominoes will start to fall as well.

“who knew what and when did they know it?” is going to become the name of the game.

the next 6-12 months are going to get pretty wild.

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/is-p ... ne-adverse
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:40 pm

I believe -- if one reviews my content in this thread -- that I've done my best to stick to the data points and not the politics. Near-impossible as just about all media/govt/agency channels are fervently invested in turning this into a fiercely political conversation -- inevitable, in any event -- and a number of us have clearly fallen prey to the lure when attempting to discuss the topic here in this forum.

This piece, while an editorial and not a deep dive into any esoterica or dark theories, astutely covers a number of the psychological (and profit driven) aspects of what we've collectively experienced over the last ~2 years, from the perspective of a "liberal humanist" (as she describes herself).

[lots of embedded links at source]
The Catastrophic Covid Convergence
JULY 11, 2022
Debbie Lerman

Debbie Lerman has a degree in English from Harvard. She is a retired science writer and a practicing artist in Philadelphia, PA.

So much basic scientific data and so many best practices and ethical standards in public health were abandoned during the Covid pandemic, it would be difficult to list them all.

Nevertheless, we must remember just how much reality has been warped since March 2020 and try to understand how that warping occurred. Maybe if we understand what happened, we can prevent it from happening again. Maybe we can unwarp the narrative enough so that more people can see clearly what went wrong.

For my own sanity, I need to understand what happened, so I can come to terms with why people behaved the way they did, and why so many of my own assumptions were shattered during the pandemic.

I want to know why real science got thrown out as misinformation, propaganda turned into absolute truth, the free press morphed into a government mouthpiece, and supposedly liberal and scientific institutions abandoned ethical standards and critical thought to impose zero-evidence, zero-Covid authoritarian lockdowns and mandates.

How did my family, friends and neighbors – who I thought shared my liberal, humanist values – turn into a group-thinking, bullying herd? What forces were exerted to erase scientific and intellectual integrity from the minds of literally millions of doctors, scientists, economists, journalists, educators and other normally curious and compassionate people worldwide?

To answer these questions, I am less interested in an exact timeline than in a story that makes sense of seemingly senseless behaviors. I am also less interested in the culpability of specific individuals than in an examination of the factors – psychological, social, historical, political – that drove those behaviors.

Overall, I believe four extremely powerful forces converged catastrophically to initiate, and then perpetuate, the snowball that became the avalanche of Covid insanity. And by insanity, I mean the imposition of unprecedented, untested and predictably unsuccessful – not to mention horrifically damaging – pandemic containment measures.

Those four forces were: panic, politics, propaganda, and profits.

1. Panic
I believe pandemic panic was driven from above – from the highest echelons of the most powerful governments – and below – within populations primed for disaster and perpetually on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Panic from above: it had to be a lab leak

The stratospheric level of panic unleashed over a virus of relatively low lethality (estimated overall infection fatality rate <0.2%) has always seemed wildly disproportionate to me. When previous, much more lethal viruses were discovered in various populations, nothing near the level of Covid hysteria happened.

I therefore surmise that, at the onset of the Covid pandemic, there was a spark of panic from a very powerful place that ignited the fear already smoldering in the population.

Where did the initial code-red alarm come from? A likely explanation, based on Covid origin research and many reports of Covid detected before December 2019 as well as the strange, erratic behavior and sudden policy reversals by top US health officials, is that the “novel coronavirus” leaked from a high-security US-funded lab in Wuhan, China.

Much has been written about the lab leak hypothesis in terms of detailed timelines and specific people involved. To me, the most compelling argument in its favor is psychological: Without the lab leak there would be insufficient momentum to fuel such a juggernaut of global panic, causing scientists and public health experts to abandon everything they knew about respiratory viruses, and leading democratic governments to adopt Chinese-inspired authoritarian policies.

Specifically, the Wuhan lab leak makes sense as the source of initial panic because the research conducted there is highly sensitive and controversial. It involves EPPPs – enhanced pandemic potential pathogens – viruses engineered to be very contagious so their spread can be studied in animal models. Interest in this type of research comes not just from the virology and epidemiology fields, but also from national security and intelligence agencies focused on bioterrorism.

If both public health and intelligence officials knew, or suspected, that a virus had leaked from a lab studying EPPPs, there would be huge levels of apprehension, not to say hysteria, in that group, even if initial data showed, as it did, that the virus was not very dangerous to most people and affected mostly those over 65 with multiple underlying conditions.

If the virus was intentionally engineered for its pandemic-causing potential, it could be way more dangerous than just any old pathogen jumping from animals to humans. Who knew how an engineered virus would evolve? How much more virulent could it become? Intelligence and national security officials, in particular, might push for a maximal response without reference to standard epidemiologic or public health protocols.

In fact, it is almost impossible to explain the drastic abandoning of everything scientists and public health practitioners knew and believed about flu-like pandemics, without adding to the equation the terrifying unknown of what an engineered pathogen might do.

And to top off the panic palooza, if and when the truth of the virus’s origins came out, those involved with the EPPP research, already riddled with safety concerns, would be blamed. Major international and diplomatic crises could ensue.

Further strengthening this hypothesis is the fact that the countries with the strictest and most prolonged lockdowns, including Australia, New Zealand and Canada, were all members of the “Five Eyes” intelligence alliance, along with the US and UK. It makes sense that precisely those countries sharing the earliest and most detailed intelligence about the lab leak felt not only justified, but compelled, to carry out the strictest lockdowns.

All of this leads me to conclude that a small group of top intelligence and public health officials, fearing a catastrophically deadly engineered virus had been released (regardless of its observed effects in the real world), convinced themselves, their governments, and in turn their populations (without publicly revealing the virus’ origin) that the strictest containment measures were needed or else millions would die.

Panic, then, became not just a reaction to the virus but, in the minds of those instigators, a necessary state in which to hold the population in order to elicit maximum compliance with containment measures. As inertia set in following the big initial push, panic and compliance became not just means for supposedly ending the pandemic but goals in and of themselves.

Scientists and media enlisted in panic campaign

All major media outlets, including the billionaire owners of the largest social media platforms, were likely asked by panicked government officials for their help in supporting draconian virus-suppressing measures. It seems likely, based on the strict adherence to the panic narrative, that guidelines were disseminated as to how the pandemic should be discussed, warning that any deviation therefrom would lead to countless unnecessary deaths. The threat of the virus could not be overstated. Questioning anti-virus measures was taboo.

Although prominent epidemiologists and public health experts outside the inner circle tried to publicize alternative, more realistic scenarios, based on data already gathered about the virus’s actual fatality rates, I believe the government’s allies in academia – some perhaps apprised of the EPPP situation, some politically motivated and/or petrified by the propaganda (as discussed below) – brutally silenced any discussion or debate.

Panic from below: the madness of crowds

The US population was primed to react strongly when massive panic from above was unleashed upon it. Covid fears had already been building since early 2020, with the proliferation of terrifying videos and reports of people falling dead in China’s streets from a hitherto unknown virus. We now know these videos were most likely fake and related to the Chinese propaganda campaign discussed later in this article. But at the time, they went viral, fomenting fear of the new virus.

Even before that, in the years leading up to the pandemic, especially in liberal coastal cities, a culture of hyper safety and risk aversion had taken hold. It was a perfect setup – in addition to the strong political forces acting on the very same populations (as described below) – for pandemic hysteria to proliferate even more virulently than the pathogen that prompted it.

Once large socioeconomically and politically homogeneous groups embraced the panic, as Gigi Foster, Paul Frijters and Michael Baker so cogently explain, herd mentality, or the madness of crowds, took over. To this day, the crowd madness continues to block any critical analysis or questioning of Covid policies in these groups.

2. Politics

If the pandemic had not happened during the Trump presidency, the panic from above and below might not have garnered enough scientific and media buy-in to turn the entire Democratic Party, as well as other self-regarding liberal governments around the world, into mirror images of totalitarian authorities they so often decried.

Trump was considered by the politically left-leaning coastal elites in the US (myself included!), and their allies around the world, to be a menace the likes of which had never been elected before, and a clear and present danger to the very foundations of democracy. For over three years, these groups, largely controlling the mainstream marketplace of ideas, spent much of their time ridiculing, lambasting and whipping up fear of Trump’s incompetence and nefarious intentions.

Like many others on all sides of the political spectrum, I believe criticism of Trump was largely justified. However, for many Democrats, Trump hatred went beyond rational debate and came to dominate not just the discourse but the very identity of the party, fostering a self-righteous superiority complex displayed through ritualistic virtue signaling, and engendering the apt label “Trump derangement syndrome.” The derangement part was the turning of anti-Trumpism into a self-identifying obsession and singular standard of virtue, to the exclusion of any objective examination of Trump’s words or deeds.

Anything Trump said, the anti-Trump camp felt it their civic and moral duty not just to proclaim, but to deeply believe, the opposite.

When it came to the pandemic, this meant that:

If Trump warned that prolonged lockdowns would wreck the economy, left-leaning economists derided anyone who, as they myopically contended, put economic concerns over human life.
If Trump claimed children were immune to the virus, every Democrat was convinced it would kill their own children and everyone else’s, and that schools should be closed indefinitely.
If Trump said masks don’t work, doctors who for years had known masks to be useless at blocking transmission of flu-like viruses, now believed masks should be mandated everywhere forever.
If Trump suggested that the virus came from a lab in China, editorial boards at major newspapers believed this must be a racist smear which should never ever be entertained, let alone investigated.
And, in my personal life, if I tried to share data showing Covid was not very lethal or that mask mandates did not work, instead of discussing the merits of the data, my friends (who knew very well my ultra-leftie politics and socialist worldview) would turn to me in horror and ask: “Are you a Trumpist?”

Thus was Trump derangement syndrome seamlessly transmuted into Covid derangement syndrome. All the rage directed at Trump was redirected toward anyone who, like Trump, dared to doubt its deadliness or question the authoritarian measures used to fight it.

To top it all off, the pandemic happened during an election year. So Trump hatred and pandemic hysteria were effectively bundled together to get Trump voted out and Biden, a Democrat more aligned with the public health establishment, in. Subsequently, anyone elected on a pro-lockdown, zero-Covid agenda was incentivized to continue advocating for the strictest measures for as long as possible.

3. Propaganda

The third force contributing to global Covid hysteria was, as Michael Senger points out in his eye-opening book Snake Oil: How Xi Jinping Shut Down the World, a concerted propaganda campaign by the Chinese Communist Party, or CCP, that managed to turn the pandemic (at least until recently) into a celebration of China’s inimitable social cohesion and a showcase for the supposed success of its authoritarian anti-pandemic measures.

Previously, China had suffered loss of face and international condemnation due to a pandemic outbreak and coverup. This time, the CCP seized control of the narrative by imposing draconian, unprecedented zero-Covid measures no democratic government would ever dream of, then claiming, contrary to logic and basic epidemiologic science, spectacular victory.

Everything from social media bots to China-friendly editorial boards at prestigious medical journals was leveraged to denigrate any state or nation with a less restrictive approach. Deviations from the Chinese methods were labeled – in a brilliantly insidious 21st-century demonstration of Newspeak – heartless, pro-death, anti-humanitarian and materialistically motivated.

The World Health Organization, largely supported by and beholden to China, vociferously praised the CCP and the Chinese people for their discipline, commitment, and ultimate victory. Fawning scientific and general press coverage marveled at how sometimes authoritarianism could be good, if it meant saving millions of lives.

Thanks to the propitious convergence of panic and politics described above, the CCP propaganda succeeded spectacularly in convincing democratic governments to adopt hitherto unthinkable authoritarian measures and to pretend, or convince themselves, that such measures actually worked.

Although they knew from the experience of past epidemics, and from basic epidemiologic science, that it is not possible to stop the spread of a flu-like virus once it has seeded itself throughout a global population, I think public health and national security officials – especially those in the lab leak group, as described above – desperately wanted to believe that the Chinese measures were working. After all, nothing like that had ever been tried before. If China said it was working for them, maybe it would work everywhere else. It had to work. Otherwise, they feared, millions of people would die and they would be blamed.

Even as months and years passed, and the virus continued to infect every population in every other country, the world continued to believe China’s zero Covid reports. In fact, the scientifically and medically nonsensical “zero-Covid” goal became the mantra for the authorities imposing Chinese-style virus containment measures everywhere else.

Scientists and media successfully propagandized

One very influential part of the effort to freak the world out about Covid was the early modeling provided by the Imperial College of London in early 2020. Not coincidentally, as proudly declared on its own website, Imperial College is one of China’s top academic and research partners in England.

The Imperial College models, which were very soon proven to be grossly wrong, predicted millions of deaths from the virus in just a few months if strict Chinese-style measures were not imposed. The reports accompanying the models strongly recommended unprecedented zero-Covid suppression rather than normal pandemic mitigation measures (like those, for example, adopted by Sweden).

Major media outlets immediately publicized these highly uncertain models, making them sound like proven facts and never mentioning the past failures of Imperial College models that had led to terrible government policies or questioning the obvious biases in the models’ underlying assumptions.

A scientific and journalistic consensus quickly coalesced around these models and the necessity for the zero-Covid measures they supposedly proved. As mentioned above, dissenting views were silenced, but they were also a small minority. The toxic confluence of panic, politics and propaganda worked like an anti-truth potion to preclude even the possibility that someone would think, let alone publicize, anything suggesting it wasn’t as bad as everyone – the Chinese, the US government, the leading newspapers and scientific journals – said it was.

4. Profits

President Biden took office just as Covid vaccines became available. This was supposed to be the beginning of the end of lockdowns and a return to normal.

Alas, at this point so many profit-driven interests had piled onto the zero-Covid train, that it continued to hurtle forth at unstoppable speeds.

The nonsensical, non-scientific zero-Covid measures that had begun from a place of mortal panic, spread through political polarization, and amplified by Chinese propaganda, now generated unprecedented profits for anyone who made anything related to the pandemic.

As far as these money interests are concerned, the pandemic might as well go on forever.

In assessing the potential influence of profits on the indefinite continuation of the state of Covid emergency, the numbers speak for themselves. Here are just a few of the jaw-dropping reports on the beneficiaries from never-ending Covid:

Big Tech

In October 2021 the New York Times reported: “In the last year, the five tech superpowers — Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft and Facebook — had combined revenue of more than $1.2 trillion. … some of the companies are growing faster and are more profitable than they have been in years.”

Test Makers and Sellers

In January 2022 CBS reported “Windfall profits for test makers,” including Abbott Laboratories ($1.9 billion in third-quarter sales related to COVID-19 testing, up 48% compared to the year-ago period). Other beneficiaries with skyrocketing profits were labs that process PCR tests and drugstore chains like CVS and Walgreens.

Vaccines

In February 2022 The Guardian reported that Pfizer made nearly $37 billion in sales from its Covid-19 vaccine in 2021 – making it one of the most lucrative products in history. Pfizer’s overall revenues in 2021 doubled to $81.3 billion, and it expects to make record revenues of $98 – $102 billion this year.

Billionaires

In January 2022 OxFam reported: “The world’s ten richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $700 billion to $1.5 trillion —at a rate of $15,000 per second or $1.3 billion a day— during the first two years of a pandemic that has seen the incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall and over 160 million more people forced into poverty.”

“If these ten men were to lose 99.999 percent of their wealth tomorrow, they would still be richer than 99 percent of all the people on this planet. They now have six times more wealth than the poorest 3.1 billion people.”

Conclusion

An engineered pandemic potential pathogen leaked from a high-security US-funded lab in Wuhan long before it was acknowledged by China. By the time it became known, it was too late to contain.

Having outlined the cataclysmic convergence of forces I believe came together to create the Covid catastrophe, I now have a Covid story that makes sense to me:

When they found out, top US intelligence and public health officials affiliated with the Wuhan research panicked, fearing millions of deaths, international mayhem and personal culpability. This caused them to disregard real-world data about the virus and to abandon basic epidemiological principles and best practices in public health.

The Chinese authorities adopted scientifically nonsensical zero-Covid policies not because they thought they would work but to deflect attention from China’s role in the viral leak and coverup. In a brilliant propaganda coup, they turned the pandemic into a celebration of their authoritarian measures, convincing the world to follow their example.

All Democrats in the US and their allies elsewhere reflexively and uncritically favored all the policies that President Trump – viewed as their mortal enemy – opposed. These were the very same scientifically bogus policies that the panicked officials and Chinese propagandists were pushing.

Many who controlled the narrative in media, academia, public health and medicine were particularly susceptible to panic, politicization of the pandemic, and Chinese propaganda, which all came together to induce widespread groupthink and herd behavior. As cogently explained in The Great Covid Panic, such behavior is detached from logical reasoning and the ability to objectively evaluate reality.

Major industries and individuals with enormous wealth and influence saw huge gains from the pandemic. It was, and still is, in their best interests to push for more testing, more treating, more vaccinating, more remote work and learning, more online shopping, and more of everything else pandemic-related.

Although terrifying and depressing to the extreme, this story helps me understand how so many people’s views of data, science, truth, ethics and compassion became so warped. I hope the telling will at least help a little with the unwarping.

https://brownstone.org/articles/the-cat ... nvergence/
Belligerent Savant

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:41 am

I absolutely will not get the vaccine. I did have COVID the last two weeks of August 2021. When I had the flu back in 1999, I was actually much sicker and everything smelled and tasted like artificial cherry flavoring, so it was hard to eat anything. I seem to have a natural immunity or resistance to the flu, so I've only had it a few times during my life. My COVID began with diarrhea and a low grade fever; I awoke one morning drenched in sweat and feeling unwell. My fever went away after a few days, but I felt very tired and lethargic with hunger but no appetite. After a week I was fantasizing about recipes I would cook as soon as I was well enough to eat. I was fixated on food I couldn't eat. At least I do not think my employer would ever mandate the jab, and I really feel for anyone being blackmailed that way, especially those who already had a bad side effect from it. Lose your job or risk losing your life is a hell of a choice, isn't it.

I went to the ER to get treatment for my symptoms and verify that I did have COVID. The doc tried his best to get me to agree to be admitted, but I just kept declining his offer. I did take an oxygen generator home for about 4 days until I damn near poked my left eye out while putting the nose piece back in after a trip to the bathroom. After a few days I felt a bit better even being so hungry. I'm not sure if the two prescriptions they gave me did any good. I didn't really feel better until I could eat more again. I felt extremely tired with very little energy, and I don't know how much of that was COVID and how much was not being able to eat. Even after the two weeks (after losing 14 lbs which I have not gained back), I still felt tired and got winded after walking short distances, and the brain fog persisted for months. Trying to get back into my routine at work and straightening out everything was extremely challenging. Post COVID I have added some more supplements to help with the post-COVID issues, and they are helping.

A couple of months ago my son had an emergency need for an auto detailer on a weekend. The second person I called returned my call and said he was at the hospital waiting for his wife to pick him up. He had a heart attack right after getting the 2nd booster, and I doubt it was a coincidence and he definitely felt it was a result of the vaccine. I messaged him a bit of info, but he never replied. He had said he was going to start exercising and build himself up (his wife is a body builder) which worried me, especially when I then didn't hear from him again even after practically begging him to let me know he was okay. I may do some sleuthing to see if I can find out his his business is still up and running.

Get well soon to our board members who are dealing with COVID, with mandates, etc. :hug1:
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:21 pm

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:48 pm

Pele'sDaughter » 12 Jul 2022 11:41 wrote:I absolutely will not get the vaccine. I did have COVID the last two weeks of August 2021. When I had the flu back in 1999, I was actually much sicker and everything smelled and tasted like artificial cherry flavoring, so it was hard to eat anything. I seem to have a natural immunity or resistance to the flu, so I've only had it a few times during my life. My COVID began with diarrhea and a low grade fever; I awoke one morning drenched in sweat and feeling unwell. My fever went away after a few days, but I felt very tired and lethargic with hunger but no appetite. After a week I was fantasizing about recipes I would cook as soon as I was well enough to eat. I was fixated on food I couldn't eat. At least I do not think my employer would ever mandate the jab, and I really feel for anyone being blackmailed that way, especially those who already had a bad side effect from it. Lose your job or risk losing your life is a hell of a choice, isn't it.

I went to the ER to get treatment for my symptoms and verify that I did have COVID. The doc tried his best to get me to agree to be admitted, but I just kept declining his offer. I did take an oxygen generator home for about 4 days until I damn near poked my left eye out while putting the nose piece back in after a trip to the bathroom. After a few days I felt a bit better even being so hungry. I'm not sure if the two prescriptions they gave me did any good. I didn't really feel better until I could eat more again. I felt extremely tired with very little energy, and I don't know how much of that was COVID and how much was not being able to eat. Even after the two weeks (after losing 14 lbs which I have not gained back), I still felt tired and got winded after walking short distances, and the brain fog persisted for months. Trying to get back into my routine at work and straightening out everything was extremely challenging. Post COVID I have added some more supplements to help with the post-COVID issues, and they are helping.

A couple of months ago my son had an emergency need for an auto detailer on a weekend. The second person I called returned my call and said he was at the hospital waiting for his wife to pick him up. He had a heart attack right after getting the 2nd booster, and I doubt it was a coincidence and he definitely felt it was a result of the vaccine. I messaged him a bit of info, but he never replied. He had said he was going to start exercising and build himself up (his wife is a body builder) which worried me, especially when I then didn't hear from him again even after practically begging him to let me know he was okay. I may do some sleuthing to see if I can find out his his business is still up and running.

Get well soon to our board members who are dealing with COVID, with mandates, etc. :hug1:

I recommend Zinc, Quercetin, Black Cumin Seed, Olive Leaf, Luteolin, Vitamin C, and NMN in roughly that order of importance.

I have never been vaccinated and have also never gotten COVID, at least not that I know of.
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Edited to add: encouraging to see there's still a few of us here that will continue to abstain from pressure to get these covid shots. I understand the myriad reasons why anyone has opted to get one (or has been inoculated under duress), but it has not been an easy road, by any means, to remain 'unvaxxed'. The pressure to submit, particularly during the first ~year of the campaign, was immense (more so for some than for others, depending on a number of factors).

Timely comments below - i'm noticing similar patterns out there in my interactions with others, and even here in RI:

(The piece itself, where the comments were drawn, is certainly worth reading as well)

Jay
13 hr ago

I laud your approach and totally agree with your eloquent identification of the main problem, but the main problem I see and have with that main problem/these people is that the people I know personally who swallowed these lies, actively discriminated against the unvaxxed or never and still don't raise a peep about it, are people who are well educated professionals, deem themselves to be either progressive or conservative but always liberal and very tolerant, were raised with knowledge and conscience about their own country's history and atrocities and continuously blurped 'my body, my choice' or 'never again' or 'could not have happened here' or 'I would have been in the resistance'.

And I see absolutely no personal admission of their errors, let alone apologies, self-criticism, shame or guilt with them.

To the contrary, they are either doubling down on their self-righteousness and vileness, like all their high-priests do, or they are staying apathetic.

So, needless to say, it is more difficult for me than for you to prevent my anger from becoming hate, although my primary feeling and action towards them really is 'just' contempt, and I am much more sceptical than you about a positive development or solution and about preventing a repeat.

My focus is therefore just on getting closer to like-minded people and on living my life so that I am least impacted by them and by businesses and the state's restrictions, primarily hoping for niches of freedom and sanity to remain, live in and support. In short:

"May the bridges I burn light the way."

Lori
8 hr ago
·
edited 5 hr ago
Liked by Charles Eisenstein

I recently had a conversation with two dear friends who wanted to understand me better regarding my stances on all things covid. I was so honored that they would ask and prepared a lengthy essay in response (edited to add that I wrote it out so I wouldn’t have to speak off the cuff and thus risk falling into a defensive and emotionally-driven mode.) I really concentrated on how the mandates have affected me, how I’ve been mistreated and discriminated against. They listened to every word. They didn’t argue back. They were loving and kind. But in the end, I never heard them say they were sorry for how I’ve been mistreated, that I deserved to get my teaching job back. Instead, their response was a shrug and a defeated “What can little ol’ me do about it?” In other words, they weren’t willing to see how they contribute to the continuing segregation by attending places where you have to show your vax status. They feel like they can’t fight the government (we live in the state of WA, where the governor just permanently mandated that all gov workers need to be fully vaxed and boosted - no exceptions - by next July.) They see what they want to see, and their perceptions have confirmed their biases.

At first I was deflated and disappointed, but I realized they were hearing this information for the first time. They weren’t ruminating on it daily and exposing themselves to new information as I have been for the past two years. I’m hoping and praying that the truth will come to light, and they will have that ah-ha moment. For now, I wait, and I pray that the next booster shot won’t do damage to their health.

https://charleseisenstein.substack.com/ ... nt/7686596
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion