Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:28 am

stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:54 pm

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /jdv.18184

Real-world evidence from over one million COVID-19 vaccinations is consistent with reactivation of the varicella-zoster virus

Results

After matching, each cohort accounted for 1,095,086 patients. For the vaccinated group (Cohort I), 2204 subjects developed HZ within 60 days of COVID-19 vaccination, while among Cohort II, 1223 patients were diagnosed with HZ within 60 days after having visited the clinic for any other reason (i.e. not vaccination). The risk of developing shingles was calculated as 0.20% and 0.11% for cohort I and cohort II, respectively. The difference was statistically highly significant (P < 0.0001; log-rank test). The risk ratio and odds ratio were 1.802 (95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.680; 1.932) and 1.804 (95% CI = 1.682; 1.934).

Conclusions

Consistent with the hypothesis, a higher incidence of HZ was statistically detectable post-COVID-19 vaccine. Accordingly, the eruption of HZ may be a rare adverse drug reaction to COVID-19 vaccines. Even though the molecular basis of VZV reactivation remains murky, temporary compromising of VZV-specific T-cell-mediated immunity may play a mechanistic role in post-vaccination pathogenesis of HZ. Note that VZV reactivation is a well-established phenomenon both with infections and with other vaccines (i.e. this adverse event is not COVID-19-specific).
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:18 pm

https://rairfoundation.com/germanys-lar ... de-effects

Based on the figures from Techniker Krankenkasse, as many as 1 in 500 covid vaccine injections are expected to cause serious side effects.

The cesspool of vaccine side effects in Germany is finally completely open. According to the Dutch news site, Blckbx, five months after a Wob request, it appears that 437,593 of the 11 million insured persons of the country’s largest Health Insurance fund, Techniker Krankenkasse (TK), had to undergo medical treatment in 2021 for Covid vaccine side effects. That is 1 in 25 and an increase of 3000 percent.

This week, TK finally provided facts and figures about the number of treatments they had to reimburse in 2021 due to (serious) side effects of covid vaccines. But unfortunately, it took a lot of struggle and effort to get answers to the Wob request.

In 2021, the massive number of 437,593 insured, or 1 in 25, received medical treatment for side effects of vaccination, reports the Techniker Krankenkasse (TK). This number is almost twice as high as all side effects reported by the German federal medical agency Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI) and Lareb Germany. Furthermore, it represents an increase of 3000 percent for TK compared to 2019 and 2020.

As many as 1 in 500 injections is expected to cause serious side effects

The figures also suggest that the number of 1:5000 serious side effects per shot reported by the German ministry last week is, in reality, much higher. Based on the figures from Techniker Krankenkasse, as many as one in 500 injections is expected to cause a serious side effect, and 3.3 million Germans would have had to be treated by a doctor by 2021 because of side effects of the covid shots. Serious side effects include (facial) paralysis, persistent pain, nerve problems, severe skin reactions, heart attacks, strokes, heart muscle inflammation, permanent disability, and death.

In the Wob request to the TK health insurance fund, the billing figures from 2019 to 2021 were requested per quarter and per person for the reporting codes T881 – Complications after vaccination (immunization), not classified elsewhere, including rash after vaccination, T88.0 – Post-vaccination infection (immunization), including post-vaccination sepsis (immunization), U12.9 – Adverse reactions to the use of COVID-19 vaccines, unspecified and Y.59.9 – Adverse complications due to vaccines or biologically active substances.

The data shows that in 2021 the Techniker Krankenkasse had to reimburse 147,235 medical treatments for code U12.9 – Adverse reactions to the use of covid vaccines, unspecified – alone. All codes listed below are serious side effects requiring a doctor’s treatment.

In 2019, among the 11 million insured, 13,777 medical treatments were required due to vaccine side effects. In 2020 there were 15,044. In 2021, the number shot up to 437,593, an increase of more than 3,000 percent.

Fired Health insurance boss’ estimates confirmed again

In February (former), BKK Provita board member Andreas Schöfbeck sounded the alarm because he saw that the number of doctor visits due to the vaccines among the millions of customers of the German health insurer was no less than ten times higher than the official figures. Converted, according to Schöfbeck, no fewer than three million Germans would have had to visit a doctor as a result of vaccination.

In a telephone conversation with the WELT newspaper, which asked Schöfbeck questions about the letter he wrote to the Paul Ehrlich Institute, Schöfbeck said that at BKK, ProVita alarm bells started ringing when the health insurer’s case management increasingly came across diagnoses that indicated side effects of the covid vaccination. Therefore, he searched the shared data pool of all BKK health insurance funds for the diagnosis codes T88.0, T88.1, Y59.9, and U12.9.

The investigation found that from the beginning of the year 2021 to the middle of the third quarter, 216,695 BKK policyholders had been treated for side effects of vaccines. This number excludes 7,665 cases of complications from other vaccines. In addition, the statistics did not include patients who received more than one treatment. By comparison, up to December 31, 2021, the Paul Ehrlich Institute only registered 244,576 reports of adverse events due to corona vaccines, based on 61.4 million people vaccinated.

Schöfbeck was immediately fired for his revelations.

2.5 million doctor visits due to vaccines

At the beginning of July, German news channel WELT obtained a letter from the National Association of Physicians of Statutory Health Insurance (KBV) showing that Andreas Schöfbeck’s estimates were probably correct. The KBV letter from mid-June revealed that nearly 2.5 million citizens went to the doctor in 2021 because of the side effects of the corona vaccination.

Evidence continues to pile up

Both former health insurance fund boss Andreas Schöfbeck, the National Association of Physicians of Statutory Health Insurance (KBV), and now also the Techniker Krankenkasse figures show that the actual number of severe side effects as a result of the experimental covid injections is many times higher than was first officially assumed.

Even the health ministry in Germany has admitted that 1:5000 injections lead to hospitalization, permanent disability, or death – a very serious revelation, but probably a very conservative estimate.
stickdog99

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:56 pm

PufPuf93

Dr. John Campbell's videos posted on Wednesday and Thursday of this past week were very informative. Wednesday's video is titled Vaccine adverse events, German data, and Thursday's is Some permanent long covid. Thursday's video has included important long covid stats not previously available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGXFRs4ZOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7x5LcUaUVQ
Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:57 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:09 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:58 am

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/08/ ... e-pandemic

Why the Chair of the Lancet’s COVID-19 Commission Thinks The US Government Is Preventing a Real Investigation Into the Pandemic

Prof. Jeffrey Sachs says he is “pretty convinced [COVID-19] came out of US lab biotechnology” and warns that there is dangerous virus research taking place without public oversight.

Prof. Jeffrey Sachs is the Director of the Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University and the President of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network. He has also served as the chair of the COVID-19 commission for leading medical journal the Lancet. Through his investigations as the head of the COVID-19 commission, Prof. Sachs has come to the conclusion that there is extremely dangerous biotechnology research being kept from public view, that the United States was supporting much of this research, and that it is very possible that SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19, originated through dangerous virus research gone awry.

Prof. Sachs recently co-authored a paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences calling for an independent inquiry into the virus’s origins. He believes that there is clear proof that the National Institutes of Health and many members of the scientific community have been impeding a serious investigation of the origins of COVID-19 and deflecting attention away from the hypothesis that risky U.S.-supported research may have led to millions of deaths. If that hypothesis is true, the implications would be earth-shaking, because it might mean that esteemed members of the scientific community bore responsibility for a global calamity. In this interview, Prof. Sachs explains how he, as the head of the COVID-19 commission for a leading medical journal, came to the conclusion that powerful actors were preventing a real investigation from taking place. He also explains why it is so important to get to the bottom of the origins of COVID: because, he says, there is extremely dangerous research taking place with little accountability, and the public has a right to know since we are the ones whose lives are being put at risk without our consent...

INTERVIEW
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:04 am

Dr. Anthony Fauci’s recent comments on menstrual irregularities met with serious rebuttal from gynecologists, who say COVID-19 vaccines should not have been injected into pregnant women without adequate safety testing.

“Well, the menstrual thing is something that seems to be quite transient and temporary, that’s one of the points,” Fauci said in an appearance on Fox News on July 25, upon being asked about the effect of vaccines on menstrual cycles.

“We need to study it more,” Fauci added.

Dr. Christiane Northrup MD, a former fellow in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, remarked to The Epoch Times on Fauci’s comments:
“Unfortunately the menstrual problems we are seeing are far from transient and temporary. Many women have been bleeding daily or having heavy, irregular, painful periods for an entire year. And some of these are well past menopause. Something is way off here. ”

Dr. James Thorp is an extensively published 69-year-old physician MD board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as maternal-fetal medicine, who has been practicing obstetrics for over 42 years.

“The significant and dramatic changes in menstrual patterns occurring after COVID-19 vaccines should not be marginalized. It is indicative of major adverse effects on women of reproductive age. The stakeholders claimed that the vaccine would remain at the injection site in the deltoid muscle. This was misinformation. The lipid nanoparticles (LNP’s) are now known to be distributed throughout the entire body and to be concentrated in the ovaries, according to at least two studies. Schadlich and colleagues demonstrated concentration of the LNP’s in ovaries of different mouse species and Wistar rats, in vivo, in vitro and by sophisticated microscopic imaging in 2012,” he told The Epoch Times.

A lipid nanoparticle is an extremely small particle, a fat-soluble membrane that is the cargo of the messenger RNA.

https://www.gulf-insider.com/doctors-cr ... ularities/

Flawed as the Epoch Times is, it's one of the very few media outlets applying any critical counters to official covid dogma. But certain segments of the population will simply wave off any reporting from the Epoch Times without examining the content on its merits.

Excerpt of a cross-post:
Belligerent Savant » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:21 pm wrote:

...there remain plenty of historically "liberal" media -- NY Times, NPR, Atlantic, etc. -- that continue to push mandate policies or otherwise attempt to make excuses for them, with fucking masks potentially making a return as a mandate later this year (along with vaccine mandates that remain in place in far too many instances, mostly in "blue" regions/urban areas at this point). Many continue to passively/blindly subscribe to the narratives as pushed down from these sources.

(By way of just 1 example, on a recent call to check in on my vaccination status -- yes, this has been a thing, once a month leading up to my Sept deadline -- one of the 'leaders' of my practice felt the need to reference a NY Times piece on the efficacy of being vaccinated. Entranced, cult-like recitation. Unquestioning. And of course he's highly educated, natch. I must add here that at least one of my fellow colleagues, also currently exempted and slated to be terminated barring change to circumstance, is a young 20-something female with a MEDICAL EXEMPTION. Regardless, she is subject to termination if she doesn't comply. I only came to find out she is also 'one of the exempted' by happenstance -- they go to some lengths to prevent us from learning how many of us may be subject to the same fate; god forbid we organize. She has relayed to me a number of anecdotal accounts her doctor conveyed to her Re: female-related issues after inoculation: miscarriages, infertility, excessive menstrual bleeding, etc.)

I live and work in the greater NYC area (I know you are from the area as well), so please don't attempt to put out this notion that everyone that's currently blaring about abortion rights was/is also consistently opposed to Mandates. I have friends, family and peers across class and political spectrums, and can say without equivocation that there has been inconsistent if not outright hypocritical commentary on these 2 topics, as uttered by many of those that claim to be for bodily autonomy and human rights.

...apparently I need to state this explicitly: Mandate harms go well beyond losing a fucking job, FFS.

On Edit: any employer that outwardly touts 'diversity, inclusion and belonging' but still has fucking mandates is another example of sheer hypocrisy and blatant empty platitudes. Any company that publicly announced paying for their employees to travel to another state for an abortion but did not ALSO, at any point, call out mandates as clear affronts to ethics and bodily autonomy are blatant hypocrites.
In many cases, the employers claiming to pay employees to travel to an 'abortion-friendly' state are STILL enforcing vaccine mandate policy.

These aren't 'outlier' examples. Mandates remain in place across many organizations that outwardly tout slogans (virtue signals/platitudes) that mask regressive mandate policies. There remain WAY TOO MANY organizations (colleges/universities may be one of the more egregious culprits) that continue to push these policies. Way too many 'liberals' and 'leftists' continue to turn a blind eye to this. It's part of the reason these mandates remain.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:17 am

Belligerent Savant » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:58 pm wrote:.

Take a look at these 2 links, tracking complaints/litigation related to covid mandates in the workplace (once more, however, many working class people don't have the means to retain legal counsel, or otherwise a percentage simply opted not to pursue legal actions for any number of reasons, so these numbers are under-represented):

https://www.huntonak.com/en/covid-19-tracker.html
16,379 complaints filed so far

https://www.covidlawcast.com/p/lawyers- ... d/comments

OPEN DISCUSSION
Lawyers are moving - 16,136 cases filed nationwide.
Warner Mendenhall
Jul 19

You would never know this from the mainstream media, but all hell is breaking loose in the courts and administrative agencies. The EEOC is so overwhelmed by employment complaints it is contracting private attorneys as investigators and initial interviews are still months away. State level worker’s compensation systems will probably go bankrupt from claims filed by workers injured by the shot mandates. One million social security disability claims, beyond the expected number, have been filed. Trillions of dollars are on the line.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:58 am

Martha Rowen
for the New York State Senate, 26th District

Hi, my name is Martha Rowen, and I’m the Medical Freedom Party’s candidate for the New York State Senate, 26th District. I’m a long-time resident of Brooklyn Heights and have also lived in Bay Ridge, where I have family roots.

I’m a retired NYC high school and college teacher, with an abiding interest in quality education and in the intellectual, mental and physical health of our children and youth.

I am a co-founder of Citizens Defending Libraries, an advocacy group for protecting free speech, information access, and libraries, which counts among its victories saving the Red Hook, Pacific Street and Mid-Manhattan libraries from being sold to developers.

I have also worked, as a co-founder of Right of Way, a pedestrian rights group, and as a volunteer for Transportation Alternatives, to make our streets and parks safer for pedestrians and bicyclists, and to improve public transportation.

I am committed to protect and strengthen our rights to bodily autonomy and self-determination in health, which are under threat from government and corporate mandates, from censorship and from lack of transparency by pharmaceutical companies and regulatory agencies. Informed consent requires freedom of speech, full availability of facts and the airing of the complete range of expert opinion.

One size never fits all in healthcare and neither coercion nor censorship have any place in medicine and public health. I am running to ensure that these issues are fully discussed during the campaign, and as your state senator, I’ll work to guarantee that rights to bodily autonomy will not ever be denied to New Yorkers.

Medical freedom and bodily autonomy: I will work to end all mandates requiring people to take inoculations and wear masks, which are useless to protect them and have many proven harms, and to make sure that New Yorkers and their children will never again be forced or coerced into any medical decision. My first priority will be to work to ensure that New Yorkers are never denied their rights to health freedom, including:

The right of individuals to decide on their healthcare, what medications, inoculations and medical procedures they undergo;
The right of parents to make decisions about their children’s healthcare, including medications, procedures and inoculations;
Protecting individuals from all forms of discrimination and legal harassment as a a result of their health decisions about any given medical procedures, inoculations or medications;

Protecting the right of healthcare providers to use their best judgment and knowledge in advising and caring for patients;
The right of individuals to full informed consent for all medical decisions, which includes free and uncensored access to all information and the full range of expert opinion necessary to be properly informed to decide.

Constitutional Government: I will work to end the government by decree via unconstitutional and unlawful mandates to which New Yorkers have been subjected over the past two and a half years. New York is not a monarchy; the legislature must rein in the executive branch and unaccountable state agencies, which have been riding roughshod over the law and constitutional rights of New York citizens. I will work to implement reforms such as:

Placing a strict time limit on any state of emergency and making it unlawful to renew a state of emergency. Open-ended and constantly renewed states of emergency have always been the tool of tyrants; thirty days should be enough time to handle an emergency, and enough time for the legislature to pass any necessary laws upon free and open discussion with their constituents in the event it is not resolved in that time;

Repealing laws that give the governor, mayors and health department powers to override the New York State Constitution and laws duly passed by the legislature;

Limiting the powers and increasing the transparency and accountability of state agencies and the officials who run them, for example, boards of health and health commissioners;

Guaranteeing that the rights to freedom of speech and religion granted by the US Constitution and the New York State Constitution will be protected and defended.

Schools and Education: Our children and young people have the right to a good education in a safe and nurturing environment, where they are given a strong foundation in the basics, are challenged intellectually and encouraged to develop critical thinking, independence and creativity. Our schools are not meant to be indoctrination centers for the latest social theories, nor are they meant to replace parents and the community in inculcating values and morality. Still less should they be places where fear and alienation are instilled by unscientific and harmful practices such as masks, distancing, testing and bullying pressure on those who have chosen to avoid the injections. I will work to:

Eliminate the destructive and abusive practices of masking, distancing, testing and “vaccine” mandates;
Make sure schools stay open and that children are not barred from attending in person based on meaningless and unscientific tests;
Ensure that parents are welcomed into schools at all times to observe and take part in their children’s education;

Require that school curricula focus on teaching basic skills and encourage critical, independent thinking and creativity, integrating humanities, literature and the arts;

Eliminate indoctrination in radical social theories and sexual concepts with materials, discussions, etc. that are not age appropriate and that serve to confuse and alienate children from one another and from their parents.

Encourage and support programs in the arts, music and the humanities.

Encourage and support the teaching of a strong, well-designed civics and history program.

Health and the Environment: Public health is not achieved through mandated injections and other pharmaceutical interventions, nor by unscientific and draconian measures such as distancing, mask wearing and mass quarantining of healthy people. True health of communities comes about as a result of environmental measures guaranteeing clean water and air, good public sanitation, space for healthy exercise, contact with nature, education about and access to good nutrition, and supplements when necessary. It also means that we must guarantee that New Yorkers have access to a full range of healthcare options and that they can afford them. I will work to:

Make sure New Yorkers have clean water, free of toxic pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, fracking compounds, and drug residues;

Work to phase out the addition to water supplies of fluoride, a proven neurotoxin, for which there are numerous other sources available to those who wish to consume it;

Work for review and independent studies, free from industry influence, of EMF exposure such as Wi-Fi, smart meters, cell phones, 5G, cell phone towers, and body scanners in airports, and for an institution of the precautionary principle, requiring assurance of safety before the implementation of new technologies;

Support legislation allowing people to have freedom in choosing their healthcare and to make sure that it is available and affordable to all;

Encourage and support urban farming such as Red Hook Farms, farmers markets, and CSAs;
Support the development of affordable and available healthcare for all New Yorkers.

marthaforstatesenate.com

https://mfany.org/medical-freedom-party/martha-rowen/#

From the About page:
We are pro Law Enforcement.
We are pro Family.
We are pro Constitution.
We are pro Human rights, for all Humans.
We are pro America.

Though nondenominational and apolitical, we believe in the Creator and recognize that humanity can only thrive when we realize our proper place in the world.

Ah, this would surely make certain folks queasy. They believe in a 'creator', with a capital C no less. They are pro law enforcement.

Still, I'll take Martha over whatever else any other candidate is peddling right now.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 am

What is incredible is that these "woke" folks can hold two conflicting opinions at the same time and can't see the problem. I watched a YT last night where someone was posted up at a university and were asking random passing students if they believed in body autonomy. All of them said "yes", but they also believed vaccines should be mandatory! When the conflict was pointed out, they would say the common good outweighed personal rights. We're doomed as far as the next generation goes.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Pele'sDaughter » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 am wrote:What is incredible is that these "woke" folks can hold two conflicting opinions at the same time and can't see the problem. I watched a YT last night where someone was posted up at a university and were asking random passing students if they believed in body autonomy. All of them said "yes", but they also believed vaccines should be mandatory! When the conflict was pointed out, they would say the common good outweighed personal rights. We're doomed as far as the next generation goes.

For a thorough explanation of what is going on here, as observed over 70 years ago:

Epistemology, Semantics, and Doublethink

CARROLL QUIGLEY

Georgetown University

Fashions change, in utopias as in everything else. But rarely in man’s experience has a fashion changed as completely and as dramatically as the fashion in utopias in the period since 1929. In the Twenties, as in the nineteenth century, and, indeed, as it had been for hundreds of years, utopias were “ideal” societies. Their most important attributes were peace and plenty with a dash of sexual freedom. Since 1929 the whole tone of utopias has changed, and this tendency has reached its stunning culmination in George Orwell’s picture of Oceania in 1984.

The change in utopias is, of course, merely a symptom of a much more fundamental change, the change in men’s ideas of the nature of man. The nineteenth century felt that man was innately good and that the occasional evil in his actions arose from the oppression of bad institutions and the frustration of man’s instincts by such institutions. Accordingly, the nineteenth century was convinced that all would be for the best if man could merely be freed from his social environment, and his nature given free rein to develop itself through exercise. On such assumptions, the nineteenth century was libertarian and optimistic and regarded progress as inevitable, a steady advance as man freed himself from institutional restrictions. On this basis rested liberalism in government, laissez-faire in economics, progressive education, social Darwinism, feminism, and all the movements, reforms, slogans and social cliches of the period from 1848 to 1929.

The disasters we have experienced since 1929 have undermined these beliefs so completely that they have been largely abandoned and are in danger of being replaced, in a natural reaction, by belief in their opposites. Belief in the innate goodness of man is rapidly being replaced by belief in the innate evil of man; faith in inevitable progress is being replaced by expectation of inevitable disaster; advocacy of freedom as the key to all success has been followed by advocacy of discipline as the only hope of salvation.

This, perhaps, is what might be expected. The history of mankind seems to indicate that he proceeds by a process of oscillation from one extreme to its opposite, passing through the sanity of the middle ground only en route from one lunatic fringe to another.

All of this is obvious enough, and Orwell’s book makes much of it. Nineteen eighty-four, in his inspired vision is to be 180° opposed to the utopias of the nineteenth century. It is a world of war, of want, of evil, of discipline, of repression. But Orwell’s book has more than this. If it had only this, it might be worth reading, but it would hardly be worth discussing. At the central core of Orwell’s utopia is a concept which raises his volume to the highest level of poetic perception. This is the concept of “double-think” with all its connotations. Orwell’s book is more than the opposite side of a nineteenth century utopia because in this concept he has extended but not reversed the nineteenth century, and he has placed this concept at the center of the whole system.

What is this principle of “doublethink” which dominates the whole social system of Orwell’s book? Briefly, the doublethink of 1984 is the semantics of 1945 grown up. Semantics holds that the meanings of words are fluid and change as one uses them, and that this condition is both necessary and good. Only in this way, apparently, can words reflect reality. The argument goes something like this: reality is fluid and changeable; the words with which we deal with reality must reflect this condition: if they do not but instead remain rigid and constant, they will deal with an artificial world of unreality.

Doublethink goes further than semantics merely because it is sophisticated enough to realize that it is possible to change reality by changing the content of words. This is the explanation of the Party slogan of 1984: “Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past.” It is also evident in the Party slogans: “War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.”

The process by which doublethink grows out of semantics is but one link in a long chain of intellectual development of the most fundamental importance. In this chain there are six links of which four are historical (covering the period of the Christian Era already elapsed) and two are extrapolations into the future (covering the period from the present to 2050 A.D.). The six links with their approximate dates are as follows:

Classical dualism c. 400 B.C. – c. 1150 A.D.

Scholasticism 1150 – 1300

Modern rationalism 1300 – 1890

Semantics 1890 –

Doublethink c. 1984

Newspeak c. 2050

Classical dualism began with the discussions of the Greek rationalists, reached its highest achievement with Plato, and continued on, reinforced and corrupted by the influx of oriental ideas and religions after 330 B.C., to its defeat at the hands of Abelard, Albert Magnus, and Thomas Aquinas. In general, this point of view considered the universe to represent a dualism of spirit and matter, the first unchanging, eternal, and good and the latter mutable, temporary, and corrupt. Only the former could be the object of knowledge because it did not exist in the temporal world where the presence of time and thus of change made all knowledge impossible. This point of view, originated by Pythagoras, Parmenides and others, and built into a system by Plato, was powerfully reinforced by the dualistic oriental importations of Gnosis, Manichaeism, Zoroastrianism, and others topped by the conquests of Alexander the Great and of Rome itself.

This universe of an antithetical dualism was sharply challenged by the arrival of Christianity, because the Christian belief that Christ was both True God and true Man made it necessary to work out a philosophy able to reconcile the opposition of eternal idea and temporary matter. The debate continued for more than a thousand years (150–1250) during which period one dualistic heresy after another was defeated. The area of conflict shifted from pulpit to church council, from field of battle to heretics’ stake, from monastic cloister to university lecture hall. Neo-Platonism, Gnosticism, Arianism, Manichaeism, Catharism and others were overcome or driven underground, ultimately, if we can believe Denis de Rougement, to take refuge under the disguise of the troubadours’ romantic poetry. The Christian answer to dualistic heresy reached its culmination in Aquinas. This answer might be summed up as follows. Reality is not dualistic but hierarchical, being a gamut from matter without form to form without matter, or expressed differently from pure potentiality to complete all-inclusive realization, from amorphous matter (which can do nothing but to which anything can be done) to pure Reason (which can do anything but to which nothing can be done), from slavery to freedom. In this hierarchy, all development is upward, the unfolding of potentialities into actualities, a process which clearly establishes that the achievement of beatitude can be made only by living through the lower levels. Salvation is found only by living in this world and living through the flesh not by rejecting the world and the flesh. Indeed, salvation for all required that the divinity become flesh as well. The Incarnation became the ultimate repudiation of ancient dualism and its “horrible progeny of heresies.”

This Christian ideology worked out a philosophy of three parts: logic concerned with the rules of thought; metaphysics concerned with the nature of reality; and epistemology concerned with the relationship between the two. In this system the logic was clear and rigid, and the necessary adjustments between thought and reality were made in the epistemology. A sharp distinction was made between validity and truth. Logic gave validity to a conclusion, if its rules were obeyed. But this conclusion was not necessarily true—that was something to be tested according to the “rules of epistemology.” Truth rested in reality and not necessarily in the mind. When Aquinas said, “Nothing exists in the intelligence which was not first in the senses,” and added, “It is not possible to transfer from the ideal to the actual,” he at once destroyed the ancient rationalistic dualism and established the real basis of modern science. Unfortunately, the victory was a precarious one.

When the Protestant revolution of the sixteenth century rejected the Catholic religion, it felt compelled to reject the Christian philosophy: the Aristotelian logic, the Thomistic epistemology, and the hierarchical metaphysics were thrown together on the trash heap. The work of destruction was made easier and more complete because the Catholic practice had never been completely consistent with the Catholic philosophy in all its panorama of logical and empirical consistency. The old Platonist corruption was still alive, not merely underground, but in the inner fortress of the Church itself, notably in the Augustinian tradition and in the Augustinian order, of which Luther was a member. This Platonist tradition now revived, and, in accordance with its teaching, the hierarchical metaphysic of the medieval church was replaced with a dualistic rationalism. The Thomistic epistemology was discarded and replaced by nothing. The Aristotelian logic was rejected in form but was preserved in substance by the continued acceptance of classical mathematics whose rules were almost identical with the rules of Aristotelian logic.

The new rationalistic dualism provides the third link in our chain. According to its assumptions, idea and actuality existed in an opposed parallelism. This is the parallelism of the subjective and the objective world. It was assumed that the objective world was rational and logical and that its nature could be found by logical, that is mathematical, processes alone. This belief is the basis of the whole system of Descartes and of Newton and thus the basis of the whole modern (as opposed to contemporary) ideology. Since the objective world is not logical nor rational, life, for these modern rationalists, became a bitter and disillusioning experience. From this disillusionment came three divergent developments: skepticism, empiricism, and semantics. All three were reactions to the discovery that reason cannot, by logic alone, find actuality, since actuality is not necessarily logical or rational.

Of the three results from rationalistic disillusionment only one, empiricism, offered the slightest hope for the future. Skepticism led straight to frustration and stalemate; semantics led to disaster and doublethink; only empiricism offered any hope for the future. This hope rested in the fact that empiricism was dealing with the area between though and actuality where the Reformation’s rejection of epistemology had left a great gap. Epistemology was the keystone of the arch; it was the key to science, to reality, and to sanity because it was the connecting link between thought and the external world.

Empiricism offered hope because of the possibility that it might, if examined diligently, be able to reconstruct some of the lost principles of epistemology, and because of the fact that its own obvious inadequacy, if it did this, would compel it to proceed into logic on the one hand and into metaphysics on the other. This hope has to some extent been realized. The development of modern science, along this path, from Galileo to Einstein and Oppenheimer, has succeeded in creating the only widely held ideology possessing an adequate epistemology available in the modern world. As a result, such men as Einstein, Schrödinger, Lecomte du Noüy, and Oppenheimer provide the only really wonderful sign in this field. The line which they follow converges with that of the neo-Thomists who seek to cope with the ideological crisis by going back to the philosophy which the Reformers rejected. If these two lines converge it may be not possible to save what is really the core of the Western Christian tradition—the belief that truth exists as a fact beyond the reach of whim or propaganda and that sanity and the good life can be obtained by the struggle to find that truth and cling to it. But this possibility is menaced by the terrible threat of semantics.

Semantics, like skepticism and empiricism, is a direct consequence of the disappearance of epistemology and the subsequent discovery of the inadequacy of rationalism. The rationalists believed that the truth could be found by the use of reason and logic alone because they had assumed that the world was rational and logical. Because the world is not rational and logical, they had failed. The skeptics accordingly doubted the capacity of the mind to know; the empiricists rejected the use of reason and tried to deal with the world by the senses alone; the semanticists tried to deal with the world by bringing its lack of logic and rationality into the mind itself. They did this, not by rediscovering the rules of epistemology but by changing the rules of logic. To them the old logic—Aristotelian logic, as they called it—was the source of all modern confusion, error, frustration and insanity. Accordingly, they tried to replace it by a non-Aristotelian logic whose basic innovation was that it rejected the principle of contradiction. The abandoning of this principle—which they called the “either-or principle”—meant that they rejected all rigid categories or definitions and were prepared to act with vague, variable and over-lapping definitions whose content varied during use in order to reflect the admitted dynamic quality of the external world.

Thus the semanticists tried to make thought more effective and contact with fact more immediate by introducing the irrationality, dynamism, and vagueness of the external world into the mental processes. They were satisfied that the best way to deal with the mess we call the world would be to introduce this messiness into the mind. Their arguments for doing this, always based on persuasive everyday evidence, were convincing to those who had never heard of epistemology. Aristotelian logic says, “night is not day and day is not night.” The semanticists answer, “what is twilight?” and we are expected to abandon Aristotelian logic. If Aristotelian logic says, “male is not female and vice-versa,” the semanticists say, “what about homosexuals?” and we are expected to give up Aristotelian logic.

Such arguments are very persuasive. But, as a matter of fact, the semanticists’ analysis is mistaken both in its diagnosis and in its remedy. Our errors do not arise from the mistakes of Aristotelian logic but from the loss of epistemology as an intellectual discipline. Moreover, Aristotelian logic is not mistaken when it fails to reflect the characteristics of actuality because it was never intended to do so, and neither Aristotle nor Aquinas was so naive or stupid as to believe it did. The rules of Aristotelian logic applied to the conceptual world, to the ideal portion of reality, and could be applied to the physical world of space-time only by undergoing the rules of epistemology. And among these rules of epistemology one of the basic ones stated, “It is not possible to transfer from the ideal to the actual.”

As long as the Aristotelian-Thomistic tradition insisted that the ideal is not the same as the actual we are protected from doublethink. But once the semanticists can make us believe that the ideal must be the same as the actual, we are wide open to doublethink. The old Aristotelian tradition believed in both the ideal world and the actual world and regarded both as part of objective reality, the ideal forming the upper levels of the hierarchy and the world of space-time forming the lower levels. The contrast between the two had nothing to do with our modern contrast between subjective and objective since, for example, the rules of mathematics were ideal but still objective truth quite independent of any thinking human mind.

The efforts of the semanticists to bring the variety of reality into the mind makes it necessary for them to abandon the Aristotelian-Scholastic belief that concepts are rigid and fixed and to adopt, in its place, what they sometimes call “multiordinal terms.” According to this belief every word has an infinite number of meanings since the meaning varies with the context, and there are an infinite number of contexts. The “is” of identity is rejected as impossible. There is no identity of facts in actuality, and each fact exists in actuality in a different relationship to its surroundings (context). Accordingly, every word (which seeks to represent a fact) cannot be identical even with itself but must have a different context every time it is used. “Even ‘yes’ may have an indefinite number of meanings, depending on the context to which it is applied….all speculations about such terms in general—as, for instance, ‘what a fact or reality is’—are futile, and, in general illegitimate, as the only correct answer is that ‘the terms are multi ordinal and devoid of meaning outside of a context’,” thus spoke Korzybski.

Just as semantics is one of the logical results of the abandonment of epistemology, so Orwell’s doublethink is one of the logical results of semantics. According to Orwell, the vocabulary of doublethink has two meanings, one meaning when it is applied to an enemy and the opposite meaning when applied to a friend. “Black-white” is such an expression. Applied to an enemy it means that he is such a degraded scoundrel that he would be willing to say that black is white. Applied to a friend it means that his loyalty exceeds all logic or reality to the point where he would be willing to accept black as white. In the Oceania of 1984, the propaganda ministry which deluges the people with lies is called the Ministry of Truth; the ministry which wages war is called the Ministry of Peace; the economic agency, whose chief task is to curtail production and ration artificially-created scarcity, is called the Ministry of Plenty. Freedom is called Slavery and Slavery is called Freedom.

We do not have to wait until 1984 to see the approaching shadow of this ill-begotten child of semantics. Already the prophets of the political Right and the political Left are making use of doublethink. We are told that an election in the United States, in England, or in Italy is an example of brutal class oppression while an election in Poland, Russia, or Bulgaria is an exercise in free democracy. People like James Burnham tell us that the situation now existing between the United States and Russia is war and that the only way to establish peace is to make an immediate military assault on Russia. People like John Flynn are given access to the nine million subscribers of The Readers Digest to tell us that the New Deal is slavery, while Senator Bricker tell us that the Truman administration is Socialism. The subjection of millions of miners to the whims of John L. Lewis is called independence and freedom.

The final link in our chain, the Newspeak which Orwell envisions for 2050, is perhaps hypothetical but is again a logical development of doublethink and of semantics. If words have no fixed meaning (semantics) then the meanings can be changed for political and propaganda purposes (doublethink) and ultimately people can be kept in complete intellectual subjugation by being deprived of all words which refer to politically unacceptable ideas (Newspeak).
drstrangelove

Postby Harvey » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:03 pm

They can all lie about the basis of the multi billion dollar antidepressant industry for decades. What can they possibly tell the truth about?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

The serotonin theory of depression: a systematic umbrella review of the evidence

...The main areas of serotonin research provide no consistent evidence of there being an association between serotonin and depression, and no support for the hypothesis that depression is caused by lowered serotonin activity or concentrations. Some evidence was consistent with the possibility that long-term antidepressant use reduces serotonin concentration.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Belligerent Savant on Vaccine Mandates (MOVED POST}

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:48 am

[MOD NOTE: The following is by Belligerent Savant, on Vaccine Mandates.]

[It has been moved from where it was at the thread
SCOTUS Overturns Roe v. Wade.]

[I can't figure out how to do this properly with the mod functions, so that it appears as BS's post. Therefore I am posting it through my own account, but what follows is BS's post in its entirety.]

BELLIGERENT SAVANT WROTE:

That's flat wrong. I'd say I'm surprised at this response. But I'm not.

Most hospitals have a vaccine mandate in place. Many staff/employees simply complied. I know a fair amount of doctors, nurses, and other related staff that begrudgingly complied to keep their jobs. A few simply retired. And of course, another percentage of them quit. What would the numbers look like if we were able to obtain an honest accounting of all those that took a covid shot ONLY or primarily to keep their jobs? Clearly, taking a medical product to keep a job is unethical, especially if that product has a non-zero chance of severe, long-lasting side effects.

Take a look at these 2 links, tracking complaints/litigation related to covid mandates in the workplace (once more, however, many working class people don't have the means to retain legal counsel, or otherwise a percentage simply opted not to pursue legal actions for any number of reasons, so these numbers are under-represented):

https://www.huntonak.com/en/covid-19-tracker.html
16,379 complaints filed so far

https://www.covidlawcast.com/p/lawyers- ... d/comments

OPEN DISCUSSION
Lawyers are moving - 16,136 cases filed nationwide.
Warner Mendenhall
Jul 19

You would never know this from the mainstream media, but all hell is breaking loose in the courts and administrative agencies. The EEOC is so overwhelmed by employment complaints it is contracting private attorneys as investigators and initial interviews are still months away. State level worker’s compensation systems will probably go bankrupt from claims filed by workers injured by the shot mandates. One million social security disability claims, beyond the expected number, have been filed. Trillions of dollars are on the line.

The low percentages touted below (of those that refused the shots or were terminated) are misleading as they don't account for those that complied under duress. This is a critical point, needless to say. Many working class people can not afford to lose their livelihoods.

The following is specific only to hospital systems -- this doesn't include the scores of other blue-collar/working class jobs (and especially Govt. jobs) with covid-related mandates.

Note: weekly testing of healthy unvaccinated individuals is discriminatory. In time, this will be acknowledged formally.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospit ... ers-so-far

[hyperlinks at source]

Most health system leaders and professional organizations have been supportive of the requirement, with some describing vaccination as “the logical fulfillment of the ethical commitment of all healthcare workers to put patients as well as residents of long-term care facilities first.”

However, some executives and industry figures have warned that mandates might place provider organizations in a bind as disgruntled employees choose to walk away rather than comply.

“As a practical matter, this policy may result in exacerbating the severe workforce shortage problems that currently exist,” American Hospital Association President and CEO Rick Pollack said in a Sept. 9 statement.

Fierce Healthcare will update this list as more deadlines are reached and hospitals share their numbers.

Advocate Aurora Health has terminated 440 employees who were not vaccinated for COVID-19. These employees, half of whom worked part time, represent less than 1% of the system's roughly 75,000 workers.

Albany Med has reportedly suspended 204 of its more than 11,000 employees as of Sept. 28. They have a week to comply before facing termination.

Baystate Health suspended 145 workers who missed an Oct. 1 deadline and ultimately fired 90 who remained noncompliant by a secondary Oct. 15 deadline. It employs nearly 12,000 people.

Beaumont Health has seen 70 vaccine-related resignations and has another 370 suspended employees who missed an Oct. 18 vaccination deadline, the system said. The suspended staff have until Nov. 16 to enter compliance before being terminated. Beaumont Health employs about 33,000 people, roughly 2,300 of whom the system said were granted an exemption to the vaccination mandate.

Centra Health lost 36 caregivers to its vaccination requirement. Five were terminated while 31 resigned voluntarily. The organization told press that the departures account for less than a percent of its total workforce and do not impact its staffing.

Central Maine Healthcare has seen 84 resignations and has 250 employees with no vaccination records as of Oct. 11. The provider said it will be temporarily suspending some services and has been in contact with the governor's office for support. The state's COVID-19 vaccination mandate for healthcare staff goes into effect at the end of October.

CHI Memorial said that less than 1% of its roughly 4,600 employees had resigned due to the vaccine requirement as of three days before it took effect.

ChristianaCare President and CEO Janice Nevin, M.D., wrote in a Sept. 27 blog post that the system's vaccination policy resulted in the loss of approximately 150 employees, the equivalent of fewer than 90 full-time employees. Fewer than 48 full-time equivalents provided direct patient care and fewer than 12 full-time equivalents were nurses. Nevin also noted that ChristianaCare, which employed 13,412 during 2020, had also hired more than 200 caregivers during the last month alone.

Clark Fork Valley Hospital in Montana reportedly lost 1% of its staff shortly after February's federal deadline. The rural hospital has just over 100 employees.

CoxHealth CEO and President Steve Edwards tweeted that 64 of his company's 12,500 employees (0.51%) chose not to be vaccinated and were discharged.

Crouse Hospital terminated 45 employees who did not meet the state's COVID-19 vaccine requirement. It employs roughly 3,100 people.

Esperanza Health Centers, a five-clinic network of community health centers in Chicago, reportedly lost two of its 311 employees. Notably, Esperanza did not allow for religious exemptions.

Henry Ford Health System reported on Oct. 5 that about 400 employees had voluntarily resigned due to the vaccination requirement, representing about 1% of the system's total workforce. Another 1,900, about 6%, had received medical or religious exemptions. The Detroit-based provider also noted that new hires "are already offsetting those team members who resigned."

Hospital for Special Surgery in New York lost 18 out of 5,000 employees to vaccine resignations and terminations.

Houston Methodist, the first to announce a vaccine mandate, said it had 153 resignations or terminations among its roughly 26,000-person workforce.

Indiana University Health had 125 of its 35,800 employees resign from their jobs due to the vaccine requirement. A spokesperson told Fierce Healthcare on Sept. 23 that many were part-time workers and that the departures were the equivalent of 61 full-time employees.

Inova Health dropped 89 of its 20,000-person workforce due to noncompliance with its Sept.1 vaccination requirement.

Kaiser Permanente announced that "just over" 2,200 employees from its nationwide workforce of roughly 240,000 had not met its vaccine requirement and were placed on administrative leave as of Oct. 4. The nonprofit said that the tally is declining daily, as suspended employees have until Dec. 1 to enter compliance and return to work.

Lewis County Health System said it has seen 30 resignations as of Sept. 11 in the wake of announcing its vaccine mandate and as a result has been forced to pause maternal health services. At that time, 165 of the provider’s unvaccinated staff had not yet indicated whether they would comply or leave the single-hospital system. Lewis County Health System employs about 650 people and will see its mandate go into effect Sept. 27.

Maimonides Medical Center said it had 35 terminations tied to vaccination requirements. It employee 6,500, an additional 100 of which were claiming religious exemption as of mid-October.

MaineHealth representative Caroline Cornish told Fierce Healthcare that 58 out of its team of 23,000 had resigned and cited the vaccination requirement among their reasons, as of Sept. 24.

Mayo Clinic reportedly fired 700 employees on Jan. 4 who did not comply with its COVID-19 vaccination policy. This represents just under 1% of Mayo Clinic's total of 73,000 employees. The system said that those who were let go will be able to reapply for job openings should they receive vaccines in the future.

Med Center Health said it had fired 180 employees from its workforce of roughly 3,800 who had not been vaccinated by Sept. 1. It also highlighted the hiring of 178 vaccinated employees who would begin within a week of the firings.

Medical University of South Carolina Health fired five employees who had not met its June 30 vaccination or exemption deadline. It employs more than 17,000 people.

Mercy announced that it terminated about 2% of its 40,000-person workforce—roughly 800 people. These firings came after a 28-day unpaid suspension period for those who were not in compliance with the policy announced in July.

MetroHealth reportedly terminated four of its nearly 7,800 employees due to its vaccine mandate. Another 13 decided to retire or leave the organization.

Mohawk Valley Health System announced on Sept. 28 that New York's mandate led 180 employees, about 5% of the workforce, to separate from the system. This has increased its vacancy rate from 13.7% to 17.5%. The system also noted that other unvaccinated employees have been placed on unpaid leave and have until Oct. 9 to receive a vaccine and return to their position. Hospital services are still operating at both of the system's campuses, although service delays and other limitations will be likely going forward.

Mount Sinai Health System has reportedly lost 1% of its 42,000-person workforce who chose not to be vaccinated.

NYC Health + Hospitals has about 2,500 unvaccinated workers, about 5% of its 43,000 staff, that has not met the state's vaccination requirement.

NewYork-Presbyterian had "fewer than 250" team members who did not comply with a Sept. 22 vaccination mandate and "no longer work" at the organization, according to a statement provided to Fierce Healthcare. The system said it has achieved more than 99% compliance among its 48,000 employees and affiliated doctors and will see no interruptions in care due to the mandate.

Northern Light Health representative Karen Cashman told Fierce Healthcare that, as of Sept. 24, 89 employees had left the system due to its COVID-19 vaccine mandate. As of a Sept. 15 news conference, 91% of the system’s more than 12,000 employees had been vaccinated.

Northwell Health has reportedly fired about 1,400 one week after New York's vaccine mandate went into effect. This also includes at least two dozen employees at the manager level or above that did not receive COVID-19 vaccines by a prior internal deadline. It employed more than 76,000 workers.

Novant Health has fired more than 175 employees who were not compliant with its COVID-19 vaccination requirement. The system said Sept. 21 that it had initially suspended about 375 of its more than 35,000 total employees due to vaccination noncompliance. Nearly 200 of those employees became compliant during the five-day suspension period and avoided termination.

NYU Langone has reportedly terminated 75 employees out of its 40,000-person staff.

Ochsner Health announced in early December that roughly 280 employees out of its nearly 30,000-person workforce were leaving the organization due to its vaccination policy. The Louisiana-based system said that about 180 of those are pro re nata employees who were working on an as-needed basis.

Olean General Hospital said it had seen 11 resignations ahead of New York’s Sept. 27 deadline for a first dose. As of Sept. 14, more than 250 of its 840 employees had not been vaccinated.

Richmond University Medical Center had a dozen resignations but did not disclose other terminations. It employs about 2,000 people.

Riverside Healthcare gave 40 employees who were not in compliance with its vaccination requirement after a two-week suspension the axe. It employs about 2,900 people.

RWJBarnabas Health has terminated 118 employees who did not meet its Oct. 15 vaccination deadline, with the remaining 99.7% of its 35,000-person workforce either receiving the vaccination or an exemption. The system had previously announced back in July the firing of six employees at the supervisor level who had not complied with a requirement for upper staff to be vaccinated by June 30.

Rush University Medical Center has nearly 100 employees in jeopardy of termination due to vaccination requirement noncompliance, as of an Oct. 20 report.

Samaritan Medical Center in New York said it terminated 28 employees who did not comply with the state's vaccine requirements after a two-week suspension. It employs over 2,000 people.

Shriners Hospital for Children in Louisiana reportedly fired over a dozen employees who chose not to be vaccinated before a Dec. 6 deadline.

Southcoast Health, a Massachusetts-based system, fired 216 medical workers who did not comply with its vaccine mandate, the Herald News reports. Southcoast employees roughly 7,500 people.

Southern Illinois Healthcare let go of 220 people who did not meet its vaccination requirement. It employs more than 3,700 according to its website.

St. Claire Regional Medical Center said it had fired 23 staff who had refused vaccination. A spokesperson reportedly said these employees were a combination of full-time, part-time and pro re nata employees and represented “less than 1%" of its total workforce.

St. Joseph's Health in Syracuse fired 78 of its 3,810 employees who did not meet New York's statewide vaccination deadline. They were among 122 who were suspended and given until Oct. 8 to receive a vaccine or be fired.

St. Luke Community Healthcare, a 25-bed rural facility in Montana, reportedly lost three employees within a week of the government's February 2022 vaccination deadline.

St. Luke's University Health Network said that 68 full-time employees and 87 part-time or per diem employees had decided against vaccination and resigned as of its Sept. 25 deadline. Additionally, 668 had received a medical exemption, religious exemption or a temporary deferral and will undergo weekly testing. St. Luke's employs about 17,000 people.

St. Peter's Health Partners has suspended 322 unvaccinated employees out of its 11,000-plus workforce, as of Sept. 28. Those employees have until Oct. 8 to become compliant.

Sturdy Memorial Hospital, in Massachusetts, reportedly fired 33 employees who did not meet its vaccination mandate. This represents about 1.6% of its 2,044-person workforce.

Tidelands Health had just a single employee out of 2,010 who did not comply with its mandate and chose to resign.

Three Rivers Hospital, a rural facility in Eastern Washington, said that it let go of six out of its 129 employees, all of whom were per diem staff.

Truman Medical Centers/University Health saw 39 resignations among its workforce of roughly 5,000 due to a COVID-19 vaccination mandate.

UCHealth said that 119 out of its 26,500-person work did not receive COVID-19 vaccine or an exemption by the Colorado system's Oct. 1 deadline. A spokesperson said that those employees are welcome to reapply for their positions should they later receive the vaccine.

UMass Memorial Health let roughly 200 employees go after they missed a Dec. 1 vaccination deadline. The system employs about 15,000 people.

UNC Health has already seen 70 of its roughly 30,000 workers resign over a COVID-19 vaccination mandate originally scheduled for Sept. 21 but now delayed to Nov. 2. About 900 were still unvaccinated as of late September.

University of Vermont Health Network reported Sept. 28 that it had 30 mandate-related departures across three of its facilities—16 resignations at Alice Hyde Medical Center, 12 terminations at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital and two resignations at Elizabethtown Community Hospital. These losses have compounded with a rash of non-vaccine-related resignations and hour reductions have led some of the system's hospitals to recruit travel nurses and postpone inpatient surgical procedures for at least one week.

Upstate University Hospital suspended or terminated 113 employees who did not meet New York's statewide deadline, as of a Sept. 30 report. Some of those workers will be able to return to their jobs if they receive a vaccine. The Syracuse provider employs more than 6,600 people.

Valley Health System in West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia reportedly lost 3% of its over 6,000-person staff.

Virtua Health said it had 120 of its 14,000 employees choose to resign over the five-hospital system's vaccine requirement. The South Jersey provider said that 98% of its remaining workforce is vaccinated, with the remainder receiving exemptions.

Wilson Medical Center in Kansas told press that three of its roughly 180 chose to quit over vaccine mandates with "several" others seeking exemptions.

Yale New Haven Health System saw 94 departures among the 225 employees who had been suspended over its vaccination requirement. The Connecticut system employs more than 28,000 people, more than 700 of whom were granted exemptions and will see weekly testing.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion