Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: Oliver Stone's new JFK doc to premiere in Cannes

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:45 am

Harvey » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:39 am wrote:Even at nearly two hours, what I saw felt abbreviated. I'm definitely looking forward to the full four hours. An amazing job of painting with context. A film which proves conspiracy in the first few minutes of enquiry can spend more of its time evoking the real story which was erased on November 22nd, 1963. Just a few years before that day, as we recently learned, the first of many oil industry reports found that a looming catastrophe lay in the near future. Almost the first thing that happened was that a new culture of pre-denial was born, then the sixties were strangled at birth as Kennedy was murdered. More steel was used for war in the last century than for any other purpose in the history of iron. The promises of every ruling caste turned into more ashes and more blood. A future was murdered and replaced with the one we have. For our children, it looks like The Future was murdered too.

As a documentary it is very fine. Emotional but not overly manipulative, cool, and almost matter of fact but also involved. If a certain weariness exists, it is at the product of the murder all around us, the compartmentalised consumer consciousness we see everywhere today. The White House is surely a haunted house and the ghosts, many of them much older than it is, are most unquiet. They ask: why would the children of the people who did all this, their students and followers, their friends and families, why would they not also do the same to you? If the short term gain far outweighed their diminished sense of responsibility, why would they not?

In a sense, rather than as an appeal to a minority interest, such as conspiracy experts, I see this film as part of an ongoing and widely distributed conceptual break through. Make history true again.

I agree with Harvey (pun intended, great reference both to that murderous prick WILLIAM Harvey and LEE Harvey OSWALD hehe). I liked the dry, elegiac, melancholic quality of it as contrasted with the febrile tension of the 1991 film JFK.

Also, as it's so dry and talking head-y (though beautifully shot by Robert Richardson), it is difficult to plausibly paint as a piece of agitprop by a delusional nut. Though of course they have already tried. It's just that the bad reviews have so little to do with actual reality that it's kind of funny.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:32 pm

The eternal relevance. Very worthwhile.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby RocketMan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:00 am

There is also a new documentary which I just purchased on Vimeo called "The Assassination and Mrs. Paine" which investigates the only surviving person possibly directly involved in the assassination plot, Ruth Paine. I have yet to see it, but it has gotten good word of mouth from David Talbot, among others. It includes direct interviews with Mrs. Paine, should be fascinating.

https://www.jfkpaine.com/

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Harvey » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Has anybody noticed that using the search function here for the string "JFK" gets zero results? Similarly on all the search engines I've tried. Jack? Anyway, this thread will have to do. Does anybody know anything about this fellow James Files AKA James Sutton?

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 am

Harvey » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 pm wrote:Has anybody noticed that using the search function here for the string "JFK" gets zero results? Similarly on all the search engines I've tried. Jack? Anyway, this thread will have to do. Does anybody know anything about this fellow James Files AKA James Sutton?

Search terms have to be at least four characters. That's not me, that's the phpBB code.

Internal search imperfect.

Google used to be perfect for precision searches.

Now it doesn't work at all.

I mean something like the following on Google used to pinpoint just the threads you were looking for.

site:rigorousintuition.ca "Kennedy" "Harvey" "JackRiddler"

That would find threads in which you and I both talked about Kennedy.

Now, nothing. Scrubbed?

Oops, also true of duckduckgo - doesn't find anything.

Sigh. Worse and worse.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:21 am

Sigh. Worse and worse.

Yes indeed. I tried quite a few engines with a combined string and site search. Even Metager and Searx finds nothing. Oh, here we go! Gigablast still works.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 am

That's kind of fascinating, I had assumed that someone on the admin end had blocked Google: pretty astonishing for such a content-rich environment, which has showed up high in SERPs for so many years, to be disappeared on the Alphabet end of things. Incredible how late the hour grows.

The Paine documentary is really superb, doesn't overstep, carefully arranged, and artfully done.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:23 am

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:02 am wrote:That's kind of fascinating, I had assumed that someone on the admin end had blocked Google: pretty astonishing for such a content-rich environment, which has showed up high in SERPs for so many years, to be disappeared on the Alphabet end of things. Incredible how late the hour grows.

The Paine documentary is really superb, doesn't overstep, carefully arranged, and artfully done.

Oh shit, right, you can block Google. Of course you can. I will look into whether there are settings (at least that I can see, on the php end), that are doing that. Certainly nothing I'd do intentionally. Would you know how to do it, so I can check?

Note it's also happening on duckduckgo. I'll be systematic about it when I get a chance. Thanks.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:35 pm

Given the fact we routinely have webcrawler bots listed as guests in the forum, I doubt any measures have been taken on the robots.txt or IP block level.

I don't recall any discussions on the mod level about making RI opaque to search and doubt that would be done without some discussion with the broader membership.

And, as you mention, the fact it's happening on other search engines indicates that perhaps we've quietly been flagged as a mis/dis/mal/information force multiplier for Cyber Judo Putin, likely thanks to some asshole at the Atlantic Council.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Harvey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:49 pm

If just Bing and Google block you, that's most of the other big search engines by default, most of them are a front end to G & B indexes. What is interesting is that Yandex seems to have followed suit. Not as independent as it seems then.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:24 pm

Harvey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 am wrote:
Sigh. Worse and worse.

Yes indeed. I tried quite a few engines with a combined string and site search. Even Metager and Searx finds nothing. Oh, here we go! Gigablast still works.

Yeah, but have you tried clicking on the links? It's RI, but it displays it in a completely different way. Also weird, but I do not think ominous.

JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:18 pm

Yeah, but have you tried clicking on the links?

Yes I did. RI looks normal for me. Can you take a screen shot of what you're seeing?
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Previous

Return to General Discussion