The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Russian Conspiracy as RI subject

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:06 pm

liminalOyster » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:54 pm wrote:Lots of other Dugin-related threads this could go in of course but thinking at least one example belongs here since he was making some serious rounds in both the center-left and further left MSM this week. Pairs nicely with new secular crusades starring foreign B-list comedians come morally courageous heads of state, I guess. I hope labour comes back to power in the UK so we can the Nick Land version of this - good popcorn vehicle that'll be.

Wish the Democratic Party had not torpedoed Al Franken's political career.
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:13 pm

Maybe Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a shot?
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:41 pm

liminalOyster » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:13 pm wrote:Maybe Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) has a shot?

Near 20 years too late, but if he was reaching his career peak right now I'd say, absolutely.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:10 pm

russianct.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liminalOyster

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 pm

The call is coming from inside the house.
stickdog99

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:32 pm

stickdog99 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 pm wrote:

The call is coming from inside the house.

Isn't that a given? That's the point of this entire multi-year thread. Maybe I'm misreading you since I left this board over COVID polarization but I'll take on good faith that obviously given the history of this thread, this is posted as a garish, lunatic (and rather old time CT meme-like) diagram of the paranoid Russia-did-it-all set.
liminalOyster

Postby Gnomad » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:23 am

Cross-posting from the 2020 election thread.

FBI agent of Trump era - when FBI "found no collusion with Russia" - now arrested for foreign collusion.
Hmmmm..

https://copblaster.com/blast/49948/trum ... -collusion

Charles F. McGonigal was a counterintelligence agent in charge of the FBI's New York Field Office during the Trump administration. Today he stands accused of accepting over $225,000 from a foreign intelligence officer, laundering the money, violating sanctions against Russia, and lying about it. This is a breaking story with details constantly emerging. What we know so far is that McGonigal faces two indictments in two different districts. He faces a nine count indictment in the District of Columbia (see PDF link above map) charging him with violating three federal statutes against concealment of material facts (18 U.S.C. 1001(a)(1)), making false statements (18 U.S.C. 1001(a)(2)), and falsification of documents (18 U.S.C. 1519). He also faces a five count indictment in the Southern District of New York charging him with two violations of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering, one count of money laundering, and one count of making false statements (https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press ... 6/download). McGonigal was arrested over the weekend and is currently incarcerated at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn (MDC Brooklyn).

The video below and media accounts of this case accusing McGonigal of violating sanctions against Russia might puzzle people who've only read the press release from D.C so far because it makes no mention of the parallel case in New York. As a result, we initially thought the news fake because it was reporting charges of violating Russian sanctions while we were looking at a press release and indictment which didn't mention sanctions at all. That is why we initially reported with skepticism the allegations of Russian collusion. Turns out the government issued two different press releases the same day with neither one referencing the other. This would lead most people in our position to conclude that we had seen the indictment when in fact we had only seen one of the indictments. They don't do that often.

The D.C. indictment alleges that in 2017 McGonigal began colluding with a group of Albanian men including a former intelligence officer residing in New Jersey and an advisor to the Albanian Prime Minister. McGonigal is alleged to have done them several favors while traveling across Europe during that time, but he mysteriously appears to only be charged with lying about the money and failing to disclose his dealings with foreign nationals. The FBI's press release accuses McGonigal of "engaging in other conduct in his official capacity as an FBI Special Agent in Charge that he believed would benefit the businessperson financially" so we are surprised not to see any charges related to accepting bribes or engaging in official misconduct. It is really odd to see someone accused of so much charged with merely concealing or lying about what he is accused of. It makes one wonder why he didn't just fill out the forms accurately if he didn't have to worry about facing charges for admitting to accepting the money or reciprocating with favors.

The New York indictment alleges that McGonigal conspired with a man named Sergey Shestakov to violate sanctions imposed on Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska following the 2014 annexation of Crimea. However, McGonigal is not accused of helping Deripaska circumvent sanctions until 2021 after he left the FBI. The other charges seem to stem from laundering money received as a result of violating the sanctions and lying about it (https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/fo ... -violating).

According to media reports, McGonigal was in charge of investigating allegation of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's campaign in 2016. None o f the charges appear related to that.

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-cia-officer ... nt-1775899

McGonigal was arrested over the weekend and faces several charges after the Department of Justice (DOJ) discovered that he allegedly aided Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska in evading U.S. sanctions.

McGonigal, a former FBI agent, and court interpreter Sergey Shestakov also allegedly accepted payments from Deripaska after agreeing to investigate one of the oligarch's rivals. McGonigal and Shestakov were charged with money laundering, conspiring to violate and evade U.S. sanctions, violating the International Emergency Economic Powers Act and conspiring to commit money laundering, according to the DOJ.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/russia-ha ... ctor-says/

Since hackers stole emails from the Democratic National Committee and dispersed them across the internet last summer, the world has waited for a parallel leak of Republican secrets. Now on the other side of the election, that second reveal still hasn't materialized. But FBI director James Comey has now told Congress new details of the Republican prong of those political intrusions, which US intelligence now believe were carried out by the Russian government: The attackers penetrated GOP organizations, and also stole Republican National Committee emails, albeit ones less current than those stolen from the DNC.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Columbia Journalism Review

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:39 pm

Because it's in CJR, this is now the mother of all #russiagate postmortems.

Part 1 and follow links for pts. 2-4
https://www.cjr.org/special_report/trum ... part-1.php
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:08 pm

stickdog99

Postby liminalOyster » Mon May 15, 2023 8:30 pm

In before they figure out what the consensus spin is gonna be.

e.g., "10 Reasons Why Durham Doesn't Even Know How to Tie His Shoes".
liminalOyster

Postby Grizzly » Tue May 16, 2023 2:53 pm

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P0r2xh0_NLo&feature=share

The CIA has launched a new campaign with a video aimed at recruiting Russians to spy for the US. CNN's Alex Marquardt reports

Open for business! Where have we heard that before???!!! hummmm? Wonder what Bob Kennedy has to say about this!

The ol' Southern part of me thinks...

They're (THE CIA/MIC) dragging us all down this road!

better BUY SOME potassium iodine FOR YOUR PREP-BAG. I suspect we're about to wake the Bear. Gott mit uns!?? or Götterdämmerung?!!!

OFFHAND NOTE:
"Remember when Putin's philosopher Alexander whatshisname's adult daughter was detonated by Ukrainians? Haven't heard a peep from him since. "
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Previous

Return to General Discussion