What can we trust?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What can we trust?

Postby Grizzly » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:13 pm

The War on Sensemaking, Daniel Schmachtenberger
What can we trust? Why is the 'information ecology' so damaged, and what would it take to make it healthy? This is a fundamental question, because without good sensemaking, we cannot even begin to act in the world. It is also a central concern in what many are calling the "meaning crisis", because what is meaningful is connected to what is real. Daniel Schmachtenberger is an evolutionary philosopher - his central interest is civilization design: developing new capacities for sense-making and choice-making, individually and collectively, to support conscious sustainable evolution.

Also see, Deep Fakes: The CIA’s Mission Accomplished
https://www.corbettreport.com/deep-fakes-the-cias-mission-accomplished/
Deep Fakes: The CIA’s Mission Accomplished
Corbett • 08/27/2019 • 27 Comments
Video Player

00:00
00:00

Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed

Watch this video on BitChute / DTube / Minds.com / YouTube

Ex-CIA Director William Casey infamously observed that the agency will know its disinformation campaign is complete when everything the public believes is false. Well, rest easy, Bill! Now with deep fake technology the dream of everything being fake is finally here!

They said they were going to engage in cognitive infiltration and this is how they did it

thetruthergirls
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-sgHphfnBhikBxyF2GbMdw
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What can we trust?

Postby thrulookingglass » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 am

Its all mind control. This is what I mean by the weaponization of mind control/brain w̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ poisoning and that the collective consciousness has been destroyed. We don't have the power to stop war, to topple these megalithic governments that operate in the shadows, to take back OUR world, OUR resources, this is what they'd have you believe. This planet isn't owned by any, but abused by all. Nothing costs money. Where's our grace anymore? Where's our love for one another? Respectable societies do not make war with each other.

The ceremony for the cremation of care doesn't just happen at Bohemian Grove, its everywhere you look.

Property. The whole fucking thing's about property. - 1st Sgt Welsh, A Thin Red Line
thrulookingglass

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:39 pm

You can trust in wilderness, and that's about it.

The most difficult thing to communicate to people who just want "answers" or book recommendations is that you can't trust anything you read; you have to commit yourself to checking sources, creating timeless, and examining the literature in depth. And who has time for that? Especially when you finish lost in the funhouse, or worse yet, convinced you figured it all out.

We are animals, and increasingly frail animals besides.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 pm

You can trust me that we don't know shit from Shinola.
stickdog99

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 pm

You can trust in wilderness, and that's about it

Drones... in Montana. :grumpy
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:20 am

Kant says trust in reason and courage, God says trust in he. The proliferation of nonage abounds.

When one does not work to lead humanity into barbarism, they will eventually lead themselves out of it.

Nature has given you the right to be free. Sell it for a cage of God's manufacture.

Who was there to report creation's birth? Whom saw Satan and God conspiring to harm Job and reported it to us verily? Seven short days to make this mess...billions of years haven't created an age of enlightenment.

Rule in fear and terror.

What's the sound of one hand clapping?

These dignified deceptions will not suffice. We have had enough of power without truth. We don't have to accept power without truth or else leave the country. I don't accept either of these two alternatives. I don't intend to leave the country and I don't intend to accept power without truth.

I intend to fight for the truth. I suggest that not only is this not un-American, but it is the most American thing we can do--because if the truth does not endure, then our country will not endure.

In our country the worst of all crimes occurs when the government murders truth. If it can murder truth, it can murder freedom. If it can murder freedom, it can murder your own sons--if they should dare to fight for freedom-- and then it can announce that they were killed in an industrial accident, or shot by the "enemy" or God knows what.

In this case, finally, it has been possible to bring the truth about the assassination into a court of law--not before a commission composed of important and powerful and politically astute men, but before a jury of citizens. - D.A. Jim Garrison

Where have all the flowers gone?
Long time passing
thrulookingglass

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 am

In 1966 I worked for William Dowd harpsichord builder.

George Malcolm plays a Schudi harpsichord

I can trust Bach, eh?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfzrtvUBEs
fruhmenschen

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:38 pm

The Adam Curtis clip is pretty good!

But it contributes to the effect through the focus on Sirkov and Russia, followed by the turn to Britain: "But maybe something similar is happening here in Britain." Really? Not in Britain, too?! As if this was just invented in recent years and originated in Russia. Please! We are always in a new and unprecedented moment, but these techniques are ancient. Wearing down any sense of truth by constantly switching false labels and unleashing conflicting rumors reflected through a thousand mirrors is not just what the classical fascists did. It's not just what the British Empire did, in pathbreaking ways, in its divide and rule strategies. It's also what Romans did, especially when they fought each other. And it was old when they did it, too. Sirkov may have adopted his ideas from conceptual art, as Curtis claims, but in that case the art was just reflecting life. Setting up opposite enemy camps? Kermit Roosevelt did that in 1953 for the CIA coup in Iran (literally paying two gangs, separately and without their knowledge, to fight each other, one of Communists smashing windows in downtown Tehran and yelling, "Hooray for Mossadegh!" and one of Islamists hired through mullahs to attack the first gang and yell, "Down with Mossadegh!"). Everything said in Curtis's piece could have been applied to the advent of the Reagan administration, with different but equally relevant images from that time and maybe a few shifts in nuance. It might have looked slower. Maybe the constant acceleration and interweaving of the processes at a time of maximized information flow has brought us to a kind of critical mass. False attribution to a claimed invention of post-reality in Russia is adding to the mess.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby alloneword » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 pm

You certainly can't trust Adam Curtis. :(

I used to be a big fan. That quickly changed when he made a programme about a subject I actually knew something about. :?
alloneword

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:24 pm

Wow. Never going to be able to watch a Curtis again. All ruined in less than 3 minutes. Thanks!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:37 am

alloneword » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 am wrote:You certainly can't trust Adam Curtis. :(

I used to be a big fan. That quickly changed when he made a programme about a subject I actually knew something about. :?

Wow, thanks!

Can you reveal what that doc is?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 82_28 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:05 am

That Curtis shit is kinda bullshit in my opinion. It was quite clearly satire in the style of Curtis. That being said, the saving grace for him was the deep access to the BBC's deep film and recording archives. There's a lot of shit I wouldn't know without him and his team. Is it all false? I wouldn't know thing one about Edward Bernays for one to this day maybe and how I became a tobacco smoker which I am mostly rid of but the footage is great. However, I find none of his work done with mal-intent.

As a weird addition the 1992 Skinny Puppy album he refers to is "Last Rights" and I am currently trying to figure out what this guy is referring to.

(Long time Skinny Puppy person). . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:23 am

Skinny Puppy yanked so much shit out of old frightful programs/recordings just as Curtis does to make their music. It's strange actually that he would make the comparison satirizing with a nod to SP in the first minute.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Sounder » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:49 am

Jack wrote...
Wow. Never going to be able to watch a Curtis again. All ruined in less than 3 minutes. Thanks!

Still, yours was an able assessment of the flaw in the Curtis script, -before you saw alloneword's contribution.

Never trust a BBC voice.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 am

Grizzly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm wrote:I have been using the coined term Propagenda ever since I read it by Brian Eno in Zembla Magazine. Musing on how the Iraq War was marketed to the public, Eno detects a larger process behind the spin. 'Propagenda is not so much the control of what we think, as the control of what we think, about,' he writes., "

Did he say Brian Eno never had to work again?

Are you sure it wasn't Dune? Or “The Microsoft Sound”

I would guess it was the backgrounds for U2 and Willie Nelson :lol:

I am a fan of Seun Kuti - For Dem Eyes Africa With Fury: Rise... I am a fan of Eno and what he has produced ..not so much U2 :)

pretty funny satire thanks for the laugh alloneword....I've always been fully aware and still am btw :P
someday we should have a sit down with Sounder and discuss

I really wish I had seen that video 8 years ago I'd be so much younger

Power Show
Na wrong show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AMXHKmEeU
I open my eye I see for my land
NA WRONG SHOW O
Everywhere you go
Everywhere you dey
Everybody want do power show
Na wrong show O
You reach boarder immigration
Officer dey
Him go bluff you
Waste your time
Change him pants
Some dey comb dem hair
Den tidy dem table
Den dem pull dem chair
Before him go know say you dey there
If you no talk quick
Him go go for shit
Him go shit come-back
And you talk to am
Then you suprise when him
Shack for you
Him go say you no go cross
You no go cross today
Na that time dem go start Dem
Power Show O O
Na wrong show
Go post office na the same
Dem go bluff you
Waste your time
Run you up
And then run you down
Dem go tire your body
And then tire your mind
And them tire your whole mind
Dem go say no change for fifty Kobo
Na that time dem go start them
Power Show O O
Na wrong show O
Motor car owner sef him go take
Him car push him car push laborer
Down for road
Then him start to yab
Foolish labourer
Nonentity, him no get money
Look him sandals e don tear finish
Look him trouser e don tear for yansh
Look him singlet e don dirty finish
Look him body e no bath this morning
Look him pocket e don dry finish
You go suffer for nothing
You no know me sha?
I be General for Army Office I
I be Officer for Police Station
I be secretary for government office
You foolish laborer, Nonentity
Na that time dem go start dem
Power Show
Na wrong show O
Power Show
Na sad thing
Na bad thing
Na wrong show O
Power na to help your land
Na to help your mates
Na wrong show O

for dem eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmfSnp1R6k

one of my favorites

I just don't want to know anymore.
Life shifts up and down everybody knows it's wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVGDJmSrrS8

Withered rope you hang what's empty can't remain to put it simply
In time cry the hollow words to sing with false disguise
Smothered hope fly from sorrow for a new divine tomorrow
I just don't want to know anymore
Why don't you care?
Life shifts up down wrong
Now do it seem fair?
Life shifts up down wrong
It's not in the rhyme or reason
So it goes with every season crawl to top fall through bottom
First hand love is really rotten
Slice of life find what's plenty inch towards a sanctuary
Light with me inside the womb
I know everyone everybody knows it's me
It's my voice, my voice cries out obscenity
Sightless eye regard my past sometimes it should
I just don't want to know anymore.

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Next

Return to General Discussion