Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:38 pm

MacCruiskeen » 30 Nov 2021 04:22 wrote:Today I counted 70 people queuing in the late-November drizzle and darkness to get into IKEA. Then I gave up counting. These patient souls were standing in line, getting wet and freezing their arses off, not because the shop was full, but due to Public Health Measures: one masked orderly at the door was checking their papers smartphones to ensure that none of the filthy Unpricked would be able to slip in unnoticed.

Frohe Weihnachten. Stay safe.

This must be bullshit.

No human being would queue to get into Ikea.

Get out of Ikea, sure .... but queue to get in there get in there?
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Psychological experiment? Acclimatisation? I note that Ms Hodgson was offered Valium to counter the effects of illogical and dehumanising detention, so whatever else, it's certainly about creating new pharmaceutical customers.

https://unherd.com/thepost/inside-australias-covid-internment-camp/

Inside Australia’s Covid internment camp

Freddie Sayers spoke to Hayley Hodgson, who has returned from a 14-day detention

Hayley Hodgson, 26, moved to Darwin from Melbourne to escape the never-ending lockdowns — only to find herself locked up in a Covid Internment Camp without even having the virus.

She’s just returned from a 14-day detention at Howard Springs, the 2000-capacity Covid camp outside Darwin to which regional Covid cases are transported by the authorities. In an exclusive interview with Freddie Sayers, she recounted her experiences.

It all began when a friend of hers tested positive. She recounts how investigators came to her home shortly afterwards, having run the numberplate of her scooter to identify her as a ‘close contact’. They asked if she had done a Covid test, and in the moment she lied and said she had, when she in fact had not yet. This set in train an extraordinary series of events.

“So then the police officers blocked my driveway,” she says. “I walked out and I said, “what’s going on, are you guys testing me for COVID? What’s happening?” They said, “no, you’re getting taken away. And you have no choice. You’re going to Howard Springs. You either come with us now, and we’ll put you in the back of the divvy van. Or you can have a choice to get a ‘COVID cab’… I just said, “I don’t consent to this. I don’t understand why I can’t just self-isolate at home, like a lot of other people are doing.” And they just said, “we’ve just been told from higher up where to take you. And that’s all that there is.”

She was ordered to pack a bag and was told that she could be released once she tested negative. Collected in the back of a rented van, she was then transported to Howard Springs. On arrival, she was told that she would have to stay there for the full 14 days:

You literally get put on the back of a golf buggy with your bags. And these people are in hazmat suits and everything. They don’t want to come near you because they think you’re infectious. And they literally drop you to your room. And they leave you. They don’t come and say anything, they don’t check up, they don’t do anything. You get delivered your meals once a day. And you are just left.

She was tested three times during the 14 days, and on each occasion tested negative.

At one stage she was disciplined for leaving the confines of her cabin without a mask and was threatened with a $5000 AUD fine. On another occasion, she told how she was offered Valium to calm her down.
You feel like you’re in prison. You feel like you’ve done something wrong, it’s inhumane what they’re doing. You are so small, they just overpower you. And you’re literally nothing. It’s like ‘you do what we say, or you’re in trouble, we’ll lock you up for longer’. Yeah, they were even threatening me that if I was to do this again, “we will extend your time in here."

What Hayley is still not certain about is whether her sentence at Howard Springs was punitive and related to her original mistake about the test — that is the impression she got from one call with the Australian Centre for Disease Control.

She has since lost her job at a store, which was on a casual basis. At no stage was she reminded of her rights or put in contact with a lawyer.

This has all taken place in a state that has recorded a total of 290 cases and no deaths. The Northern Territories has suffered comparatively far less than other Australian regions, but it has not shied away from highly draconian measures. Just last month, Katherine Town in the state went into a snap lockdown after three cases were reported.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:48 pm

Grizzly » 30 Nov 2021 16:18 wrote:^^^
This...

ALSO,

How the fuck did this variant (Omnicon) get down under as no one has been allowed to come or go from Australia???!!!

People have been coming to Australia throughout the pandemic, just in limited numbers.

Only Australian citizens were allowed to return, provided they did 14 days quarantine in hotels in the major cities when they got here. Failures in that hotel quarantine system is where all of our outbreaks after the initial one in early 2020 have come from. (Which is why we built quarantine facitlities everyone is calling concentration camps) in the last 12 months. We should have done it straight away but our federal government was too incompetent to organise anything.

We were gonna reopen the borders on the weekend but these visitors from Omicron Persei have delayed that.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:50 pm

Harvey » 03 Dec 2021 10:40 wrote:Psychological experiment? Acclimatisation? I note that Ms Hodgson was offered Valium to counter the effects of illogical and dehumanising detention, so whatever else, it's certainly about creating new pharmaceutical customers.

https://unherd.com/thepost/inside-australias-covid-internment-camp/

Inside Australia’s Covid internment camp

Freddie Sayers spoke to Hayley Hodgson, who has returned from a 14-day detention

Hayley Hodgson, 26, moved to Darwin from Melbourne to escape the never-ending lockdowns — only to find herself locked up in a Covid Internment Camp without even having the virus.

She’s just returned from a 14-day detention at Howard Springs, the 2000-capacity Covid camp outside Darwin to which regional Covid cases are transported by the authorities. In an exclusive interview with Freddie Sayers, she recounted her experiences.

It all began when a friend of hers tested positive. She recounts how investigators came to her home shortly afterwards, having run the numberplate of her scooter to identify her as a ‘close contact’. They asked if she had done a Covid test, and in the moment she lied and said she had, when she in fact had not yet. This set in train an extraordinary series of events.

“So then the police officers blocked my driveway,” she says. “I walked out and I said, “what’s going on, are you guys testing me for COVID? What’s happening?” They said, “no, you’re getting taken away. And you have no choice. You’re going to Howard Springs. You either come with us now, and we’ll put you in the back of the divvy van. Or you can have a choice to get a ‘COVID cab’… I just said, “I don’t consent to this. I don’t understand why I can’t just self-isolate at home, like a lot of other people are doing.” And they just said, “we’ve just been told from higher up where to take you. And that’s all that there is.”

She was ordered to pack a bag and was told that she could be released once she tested negative. Collected in the back of a rented van, she was then transported to Howard Springs. On arrival, she was told that she would have to stay there for the full 14 days:

You literally get put on the back of a golf buggy with your bags. And these people are in hazmat suits and everything. They don’t want to come near you because they think you’re infectious. And they literally drop you to your room. And they leave you. They don’t come and say anything, they don’t check up, they don’t do anything. You get delivered your meals once a day. And you are just left.

She was tested three times during the 14 days, and on each occasion tested negative.

At one stage she was disciplined for leaving the confines of her cabin without a mask and was threatened with a $5000 AUD fine. On another occasion, she told how she was offered Valium to calm her down.
You feel like you’re in prison. You feel like you’ve done something wrong, it’s inhumane what they’re doing. You are so small, they just overpower you. And you’re literally nothing. It’s like ‘you do what we say, or you’re in trouble, we’ll lock you up for longer’. Yeah, they were even threatening me that if I was to do this again, “we will extend your time in here."

What Hayley is still not certain about is whether her sentence at Howard Springs was punitive and related to her original mistake about the test — that is the impression she got from one call with the Australian Centre for Disease Control.

She has since lost her job at a store, which was on a casual basis. At no stage was she reminded of her rights or put in contact with a lawyer.

This has all taken place in a state that has recorded a total of 290 cases and no deaths. The Northern Territories has suffered comparatively far less than other Australian regions, but it has not shied away from highly draconian measures. Just last month, Katherine Town in the state went into a snap lockdown after three cases were reported.

Wow, the Territory is treating white people the way they've treated blackfellas forever.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:02 pm

Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:48 am wrote:
This...

ALSO,

How the fuck did this variant (Omnicon) get down under as no one has been allowed to come or go from Australia???!!!

People have been coming to Australia throughout the pandemic, just in limited numbers.

Only Australian citizens were allowed to return, provided they did 14 days quarantine in hotels in the major cities when they got here. Failures in that hotel quarantine system is where all of our outbreaks after the initial one in early 2020 have come from. (Which is why we built quarantine facitlities everyone is calling concentration camps) in the last 12 months. We should have done it straight away but our federal government was too incompetent to organise anything.

We were gonna reopen the borders on the weekend but these visitors from Omicron Persei have delayed that.

^ The script, almost verbatim.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 pm

I've done my own digging and can't find any truth to the worst claims being made about what is happening in the NT. Everyone I've spoken to and every comment from the indigenous communities directly affected (none of the vids you've seen are from those people btw) have been supportive of how they are being treated. I don't like the removal of close contacts to howard Springs either but its not unique to blackfellas, just typical of Gunner's government.

I will say that the harshest lockdown in the country (which is what those communities are experiencing) is pretty fucked up.

When Sydney went into lockdown (when the Delta outbreak began in winter here,) gucci, David Jones and other upmarket stores were allowed to stay open in Sydneys rich suburbs while the poorer western suburbs had increased police patrols and were bearted by the former premier (who then stepped down because of corruption allegations.)

But in the poorest communities in the NT people can't leave overcrowded, poorly ventilated homes for any reason, including going bush to "country" to avoid the virus and potentially infected people.

Its a pretty clear double standard but its nothing new in Australia.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Harvey » 03 Dec 2021 11:02 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:48 am wrote:
This...

ALSO,

^ The script, almost verbatim.

What do you mean "the script"?

Are you saying this didn't happen?

FFS how the fuck would you know anything about what is happening here? Since this sutuation started Australians have been returning to the country in small numbers.

Originally they were allowed to quarantine at home provided they stayed home till the 14 days was up but no one did this (obviously, as if you would) so mandatory hotel quarantine was introduced instead.

Quarantine in Australia is a federal responsibility but our federal government is led by an former advertising executive who is the most incapable politician we've ever had. So state governments managed hotel quarantine, fucked it up and then started ongoing lockdowns that have only just ended? It took the federal government over a year to get its shit together.

This isn't a script, its what happened.

We sent athletes to the Olympics and when they came back they stayed at Howard Springs. The same place everyone is pretending is a recently opened concentration camp.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13 pm

MacCruiskeen » 30 Nov 2021 11:46 wrote:Message to Morlocks: Remember to renew your quarterly subscription to yourself:

Minimum dose interval for booster jabs to be halved from 6 months to 3 months and all adults to be offered booster Covid vaccine, Health Secretary Sajid Javid confirms

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/ ... 3793802253

By 2030 you'll be sued for infringement of property rights if you piss in the woods, lose an eyelash, or draw an unlicensed breath.

Meanwhile, the Eloi are showing just how seriously they take the deadly threat of COVID, DELTA and the new OMIGOD variant:

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1465312059139235848

Reminder that the root meaning of the word "conspire" is "breathe together with others".

See that photo... they're all sitting around eating and drinking. How are you sposed to eat thru a mask?

Even in Melbourne, lockdown capitol of the universe, people eating in public don't need to wear a mask.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:17 pm

drstrangelove » 29 Nov 2021 06:37 wrote:
panel of experts discussing, among other things, how the vaccinated have destroyed their natural immune systems.

Is there a transcript for any of this or some good papers to show their pov (cos any video over 40/45 minutes is no longer providing information to you, its brain washing you.)

I've been looking cos the only thing I've come across yet is some rubbish about vaccinated people not producing particular antibodies.
Last edited by Joe Hillshoist on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:39 pm

Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:48 am wrote:(Which is why we built quarantine facitlities everyone is calling concentration camps) in the last 12 months. We should have done it straight away but our federal government was too incompetent to organise anything.

Wasn't severe enough.
Should have ____________ (insert required emergency powers) sooner.
Mistakes were made.
Incompetence as usual.
If it wasn't for ___________ (insert justificatory emergency) we'd have our freedom back.
This is all temporary.

You know, the script.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:49 pm

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Norton is right. Two years in, anyone who is still on board is fast asleep. Or pretending for reasons of their own.

1/ The Covid pandemic has been used as an opportunity for elites with particular global economic and political interests to accelerate the process of arranging the infrastructure for a new biosecurity surveillance regime.

2/ This novel paradigm of governance will be directed and managed largely by unelected technocrats. This regime will increasingly demand ever more intrusive and burdensome interventions into the lives and bodies of individuals.

3/ Citizens will no longer conceived as persons with inherent dignity, but as fungible elements of an undifferentiated “mass” to be guided by supposedly benevolent health and security policies.

4/ The marriage of global public health with novel technologies of surveillance, personal data extraction, and control now makes possible novel forms of domination unimaginable in the totalitarian regimes of the past.

5/ In our present circumstances, resisting this regime will require critiquing and rejecting some of the most disastrous Covid policies of the past two years, including widespread lockdowns and vaccine mandates/passports.

6/ These efforts are necessary to slow the rapid acceptance of this new paradigm by demonstrating the limits to what can be required of citizens under the guise of a public health emergency. So we have delineated few to no limits.

7/ The means of surveillance and control will become ever more refined and invasive, with QR codes giving way to retinal scans, and climate change and other social issues overtaking Covid as the “public health crisis” of the day.

8/ The urgent task today is to help those around us see why we should, and how we can (1) recognize, (2) understand, and (3) reject and resist this new despotism. Things are moving very fast, so the time to begin is now.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:44 pm

Harvey » 03 Dec 2021 12:39 wrote:

Wasn't severe enough.
Should have ____________ (insert required emergency powers) sooner.
Mistakes were made.
Incompetence as usual.
If it wasn't for ___________ (insert justificatory emergency) we'd have our freedom back.
This is all temporary.

You know, the script.

LOL Okay.

If the federal government had managed quarantine properly odds are it would have been less severe than the hotel quarantine option. People at Howard Springs are allowed outside. People in hotel quarantine are locked in their fucken hotel rooms for two weeks (sometimes more.) Some of those rooms don't even have properly opening windows. They are hotel rooms built for people staying for a night or two. Not two weeks without leaving the room/suite.

So less severe, not more severe.

These powers were implemented in March or April last year, but instead of one authority (federal gov.) taking its constitutional responsibility seriously it failed to do so. This meant another authority (state gov.) took on that same responsibility. Its a lot harder for an outbreak from a quarantine escape in Howard Springs to shut down Melbourne for months on end for example. It would have been the same process, just slightly less ad hoc and unfair.

It was done as soon as was possible. 18 months ago!

So yes mistakes were made, because of the usual incompetence.

We're an island at the edge of the world basically. We could have just completely shut the borders and said "No cunts getting in. Piss off." (Like we did to boat people who needed our help.)

And we wouldn't have any covid now. We could just have got on with our lives. But its a bit heartless stopping people coming home.

(Also, I have new neighbours. They've recently moved here from Italy.

How did that happen if we weren't letting people into the country? Anyway ... disgressing.)

As it is we can travel overseas if we're vaccinated. That hasn't changed because of Omnicon.

And the plan to reopen NSW without vaccination is still happening on 15 December last time I heard. Hadn't changed either. In fact the last I heard about it was Victoria opening up without any vaccine coersion either because if NSW is doing it they kind of have to to make the country function.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 59e7k.html

So that's one third of your script I'm following. The mistakes and incompetence third.

And we're talking about how a government acts so that's not an unreasonable assumption these days. Surely you're not suggesting a government in the English speaking world has reacted to this situation in a competent, mistake free manner?

Or that we're not fools to expect it?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:49 am

...reacted to this situation in a competent, mistake free manner?

They might be doing very well indeed.

It depends on:

The difference between your understanding of the situation and theirs.

What their policies are actually designed to achieve, not necessarily the same as what they say their policies are designed to achieve.

What their goals and intentions actually are.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby drstrangelove » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:05 am

Joe Hillshoist » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:17 pm wrote:
drstrangelove » 29 Nov 2021 06:37 wrote:
panel of experts discussing, among other things, how the vaccinated have destroyed their natural immune systems.

Is there a transcript for any of this or some good papers to show their pov (cos any video over 40/45 minutes is no longer providing information to you, its brain washing you.)

I've been looking cos the only thing I've come across yet is some rubbish about vaccinated people not producing particular antibodies.

Well it's a panel discussion with no editing, so not quite the same as a documentary, which I would agree is a brainwashing format. And the mRNA gene therapy vaccine doesn't produce sterilising antibodies. This isn't disputed. The only thing being disputed is whether that matters or not. But now there's this variant with 30+ mutations in the spike protein, which is so obviously due to a vaccinated person, that Geert's theory has become a lot more credible. I wouldn't want to believe it if I was vaccinated either. The truth unfolds in time. No need for arguments, I'm not under any illusion that convincing enough people will suddenly change the all or nothing approach to mass vaccination.
drstrangelove

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion