US Presidential Election 2024

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US Presidential Election 2024

Postby Elvis » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:22 pm

Fossil fuel energy is not sustainable at mass scale.

Oil industry disinfo/propaganda works.

The Green New Deal is the only comprehensive plan to achieve the energy transition in the least disruptive manner.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:25 am

Sorry, but this is an Ill-informed, antiquated take.

Have you looked into the amount of ‘fossil fuels’ involved in so-called ‘green energy’, or how actually sustainable it is (it’s not, compared to other sources of energy), or how scalable it is in a way that can keep the masses well-covered during periods of greater need (at low cost)?

Of course the ‘fossil fuel’ industry requires heavy regulation with regards to pollution (and other harms it causes), but ‘green tech’ is far from the benevolent, or ‘green’, or efficient, solution touted by political operators.

The EcoFascism thread delves into much of this but you will likely either continue to hold your thoughts without any further assessment or, perhaps, consider revisiting your position.

As I’ve typed before, my current position is an evolving one — I arrived at my current stance after reading and assessing content from multiple sources (including studies and scientific opinions from various positions on this topic), and I did this soberly, without any pre-set investment on ideology, something that clearly appears impossible for a number of you. My positions are subject to change as new information/events transpire.

That’s not to say my takes are ‘correct’ at all times, but I believe my positions on events over the last several years have been largely spot on, however ‘controversial’ the positions may have appeared at the time they were typed (I welcome anyone to challenge this by pointing out any statements I’ve typed here since late 2019 that turned out to be demonstrably and unequivocally false — and I don’t mean by the standards of a Reuters ‘fact checker’, FFS)
I don’t mention this as a boast by any means, but as an invitation to consider other perspectives, even those you may have previously discarded outright.

If you choose to hold to notions, positions, or political views as if the events of 2020-onward never happened, the cognitive dissonance will only become more glaring.

It’s past time to re-assess and re-calibrate. Or not, of course, and simply continue to type generic-sounding Party Line takes like the one above mine.

Good luck with that.

As I’ve typed before, whatever any of us may currently believe to be the ‘correct’ position, the passage of time tends to reveal extent of its validity.

Let’s see how this post, and the one prior to mine, holds up in about 2-3 yrs time (though I imagine 12 months from now may be adequate, given the pace of things these days)
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:01 pm

The Green New Deal is the only comprehensive plan to achieve the energy transition in the least disruptive manner.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:06 pm

The Green New Deal must have something going for it since it is rejected by the corporatocracy and the leadership of both political parties. :wink

The Green New Deal is even rejected by the Green Party! :shock: Why? Because the Green Party is stuck in the mire of neoclassical 'trickle-down' economics.
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:13 pm

2024 election handbook:

Financing the Green New Deal - A Plan of Action and Renewal by Robert C. Hockett

Provides a concise summary of the Green New Deal's animating vision and specific project fields

Outlines a reconstruction of the US infrastructure planning process, the financial system, monetary system and central banking that will facilitate implementation of the Green New Deal

Proposes bold ideas such as a National Investment Council, Federal Reserve reform, state and regional public banks, a Democratic Digital Dollar and digital Taxpayer Wallets

Written by a key architect of the Green New Deal

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/ ... 30-48450-7
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Background for smart voting choices:

https://youtu.be/Cvu8mcSLdvE

Mariana Mazzucato

Mariana Mazzucato is Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value at University College London, where she is the Founding Director of the UCL Institute for Innovation & Public Purpose. She is the author of three highly-acclaimed books: The Entrepreneurial State: Debunking Public vs. Private Sector Myths (2013), The Value of Everything: Making and Taking in the Global Economy (2018), and the newly released, Mission Economy: A Moonshot Guide to Changing Capitalism (2021). Twitter: @MazzucatoM

See also: "Financing the Green New Deal" by Mariana Mazzucato

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-021-00828-x
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:25 pm

https://nypost.com/2023/07/24/joe-rogan-keeps-turning-down-donald-trumps-requests-for-podcast-interview-report/
Joe Rogan keeps turning down Trump’s requests for podcast interview: report
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:00 pm

https://chriswicknews.com/the-dark-agenda-of-digital-cash-rfk-jr-warns-of-globalist-plot/1359/
The Dark Agenda of Digital Cash: RFK Jr. Warns of Globalist Plot
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:37 pm

So, what concrete policies should the next administration pursue?
Elvis

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:28 am

Unending war, forced injections for all, total social media censorship, rotating climate and pandemic lockdowns, and carbon credits tied to a fully controllable central bank digital currency. But, of course, only to save democracy, fight fascism, spare grandma, and reverse global warming.
stickdog99

Postby Elvis » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:50 am

stickdog99 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:28 pm wrote:Unending war, forced injections for all, total social media censorship, rotating climate and pandemic lockdowns, and carbon credits tied to a fully controllable central bank digital currency. But, of course, only to save democracy, fight fascism, spare grandma, and reverse global warming.

So, though sarcasm you've indicated what the next administration should not do.

What should it do?

What laws should it pass?
Elvis

Postby drstrangelove » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 am

I'd transfer the proxy voting rights of all publicly owned stock held by passive investors to government custodianship, and literally make corporations accountable to elected officials. Of course any candidate to try this gets assassinated.

No one could argue against it because it makes perfect sense for that type of stock to become part of the commons, as the oligarchs already claims the same thing through ESG to legitimize them voting it.
drstrangelove

Postby Harvey » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:34 am

Elvis » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:50 am wrote:
stickdog99 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:28 pm wrote:Unending war, forced injections for all, total social media censorship, rotating climate and pandemic lockdowns, and carbon credits tied to a fully controllable central bank digital currency. But, of course, only to save democracy, fight fascism, spare grandma, and reverse global warming.

So, though sarcasm you've indicated what the next administration should not do.

What should it do?

What laws should it pass?

With respect, who gives a fuck what any government should do? There is precisely zero chance of proceeding without recognising that we are already in corporate technological fascism and there is precisely zero chance of changing anything from within the bureaucracy of corporate technological fascism.

FIrst you'd have to convince me that voting for any representative has a non zero chance of changing the direction of your own life at the moment illegalisation of the very ability to access information is sweeping the entire globe.

https://rumble.com/v32b9k0-system-update-117.html

Glenn Greenwald

Hunter Biden’s Scandals Always Were—And Still Are—About Joe Biden's Corruption. Plus: Congress Nukes Hawley's Stock-Trading Ban | SYSTEM UPDATE #117

Given that there probably hasn't been a straight Democratic primary in decades and we know for certain there hasn't been one for over a decade (the peoples choice was eliminated by systemic corruption before the general election in each case) and therefore, even on your own terms of elective representative democracy, you'd have to prove that any such thing exists at all.

Address that, and we'll all suggest a manifesto.

https://rumble.com/v3276hi-reporter-who-broke-hunter-laptop-story-testifies.html

The Jimmy Dore Show

Reporter Who Broke Hunter Laptop Story TESTIFIES!
Last edited by Harvey on Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:02 am

^^^^^
Nail hit squarely on head. Thank you.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:55 pm

Harvey wrote:With respect, who gives a fuck what any government should do?

This is an utterly bizarre statement. Can it be sincere? I can't even fathom where this thinking comes from.

Take the example of US student debt. If government cancels it, it provides instant financial relief to millions of people at zero cost to anybody.

But you say it's better to do nothing. I just find that really bizarre.
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion