Rachel Corrie Killed Again. And Again.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby yesferatu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:55 pm

Jeff wrote:
yesferatu wrote:I will not add my voice to the palestinian issue on this board. For I cannot discuss the palestinian issue without noting the similarities, ethically speaking, between nazis and zionists.

That's not an issue for me, and I don't mean to inhibit conversation on Palestine. My problem is with attempts to rehabilitate Hitler and the Nazis either by denying history or by insinuating their victims had it coming.

I want to drop this, but like I mentioned earlier, silence says too much. If I were silent to the added inference that I have tried to rehabilitate Hitler or insinuated victims have it coming to them, then I would only add weight to the insinuation. So I have to say I never did either of those things, nor wish to do either of those things. I wish for you to have the final comment, but if in your final comment you have to insinuate wicked motivations to me, then I have to respond. Perhaps you did not see how it was an insinuation. That is fine. But read it objectively, and you might see how it was.
yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:12 pm

Yesferatu, have you ever read a book called 'Hitler's Willing Executioners'? If not, I recommend it. And may I also point out that with one's insistsance on weaving two massive Gordian knots like Nazi Germany with today's Palestinian/Israeli conflict, hope of comprehending either is utterly lost.

Also, and I deeply feel this way:

I do not believe that Hitler was a batshit maniac that forged the Nazi party and all that came afterwards. Nature abhors a vacuum and Germany was bitterly humbled by the Versailles treaty. I feel that Germany instead created Hitler itself in retaliation, in much the same way that the Bush Dynasty has been allowed to evolve over generations here unchecked by the American people who thrive on rediculing GWB while simultaneously choking on the bile of his reign.

Could it not be a revisionist's subconscious projection to transmute collective guilt over what is done in the name of the West today onto the shoulders of those already found sorely wanting by History?

I find that too excessive a conveniance to exploit, personally.

History will judge Israel for Israel's acts just as it judged Germany for Germany, and as it will one day judge the US for the US. Maybe if true wisdom is attained in time to prevent what horrors stand poised to come, we will recognize Industrialized Civilization for the mighty soul crusher it really is and reject it before everything is lost.

THAT is what I feel is the truest evil on Earth, independant of Time and Border. We engineer ourselves to fail by the lives we choose to lead where entire cultures are dominated by a hunger for retributive acts and the amoeba-like consumption of weaker state's resources..
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby yesferatu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:40 pm

Jeff wrote:
yesferatu wrote:I will not add my voice to the palestinian issue on this board. For I cannot discuss the palestinian issue without noting the similarities, ethically speaking, between nazis and zionists.

That's not an issue for me, and I don't mean to inhibit conversation on Palestine. My problem is with attempts to rehabilitate Hitler and the Nazis either by denying history or by insinuating their victims had it coming.

You insinuate that I have tried to rehabilitate Hitler? Or that I have insinuated that victims have it coming? I never did either.
Why make a comment to insinuate I did?
yesferatu

Postby AlicetheKurious » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Why did Nazis deport the Jews of occupied territories to their extermination if Hitler had issues only with those within Germany's borders?

I'm not by any means an expert on the Nazis (haven't yet got around to reading Shirer's "Rise & Fall of the Third Reich), but I will venture a guess:

The Nazis accused the Jews of being a fifth column-type threat from within, with no loyalty to Germany, indeed I believe they used the term "backstabbers" interchangeably with "Jews". If I'm not mistaken, the Nazis believed that Jews by their very nature, in other words, a priori, are driven to destroy and debase the societies they live in, anywhere in the world, either through betrayal or at the very least by destroying and debasing the "purity of blood" of "superior races".

Maybe people here don't talk so much of "purity of blood", at least not openly. (In Israel, Liberals and Leftists talk about ensuring that "Israel retains its Jewish character"; the religious Right is much more blunt).

Although the Nazis committed horrible crimes against humanity, I would suggest that they didn't land here from another planet, nor were they made in some factory. They were all human beings, even the worst of them. Pretending that everyone else is immune from the sickness that afflicted them, that they were uniquely evil in a way that can neither be explained nor compared to any other instance of frenzied hatred/fearful passivity, is a dangerous self-delusion.

Few people imagined, at the time, that it would all end so badly. I don't think that Hitler, for example, ever actually spelled out that he was planning to kill all the Jews. I believe he warned about the terrible threat they represented to Germany and to "civilized people", and spoke of doing everything necessary to protect Germany from her enemies, horrible, disgusting people, who hated Germans ("for their freedom"?) and would not rest until they had dragged the whole world down to their own level of moral and physical degradation.

As everybody keeps saying, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." The problem is we all disagree about what the lessons of history actually are.

My point is, that the Nazis are maybe not a completely bizarre and unique aberration in the history of mankind. We humans are hard-wired with an atavistic "lizard-brain", the true Serpent in the Garden of Eden. It is not, unfortunately, that difficult to make a "Nazi" -- the recipe is a very simple one:

Step 1: identify a group of people, characterize them as a terrifying existential threat, making sure to demonize and dehumanize them through constant agitprop;

Step 2: accuse anyone who defends their human or legal rights as a sissy-girl, or worse, a sympathizer who weakens the "good side" from within;

Step 3: get away with anything, no matter how cruel, unjust or extreme, because you can, until someone strong enough comes along, who can stop you.

Given the right atmosphere of general insecurity (which as we all know can be nudged along via a shocking fire, or a well-aimed airplane or two :wink: , Voila! Instant Nazis.

So, my second point is that it should be the behaviour that should raise our disgust and condemnation, rather than channeling our self-righteous anger and hatred at specifically Nazi symbols. By patting ourselves on the back because we don't raise our hands in the straight-armed salute or wear swastika armbands, I think we've dangerously missed the point.

By accepting the "Holocaust" as a mystical cult in which it is an article of faith that the Nazis were uniquely evil by some kind of (what? mutation? infection? demonic possession?) one-time accident, and that "the Jews" were, are and forever will be, by the sole virtue of being Jewish, the eternal victims who must never be criticized or held accountable for their own actions, is just stupid, and foolhardy, and paves the way for more crimes against innocent people.

Congressman: ‘I Fear…We Will Have Many More Muslims In The United States’

Rep. Virgil Goode (R-VA) issued a letter to constituents earlier this month in which he declares, “I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States” if we do not adopt “strict immigration policies.” ...In the letter, Goode references the election of Muslim Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN), and warns “American citizens” to “wake up” or “there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office”
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/12/19/goode-islam/

In response to Senator Leahy's condemnation of American disregard of Geneva Conventions in their treatment of Muslim prisoners in Guantanamo Bay (a small fraction of whom have been charged with, let alone convicted of, any crime AT ALL, and keeping in mind that some of the prisoners are as young as 14 years old):

The Senator’s claims present an astonishing view of what the political left stands for. He argues for accommodation for the worst killers in world history and according them the status as prisoners of war. For the uninformed reader, such a status would recognize these murdering thugs as military combatants — and they are NOT affiliated with any nation’s armed force. Leahy’s statement is also interesting because while he claims that Gitmo has failed to make our nation safer, he conveniently overlooks the fact that incarcerated terrorists pose absolutely NO threat to the safety of any American.

If there is a “stain of Guantanamo,” it is that the American political left has used it to elevate its own role to that of spokesman for terrorist activities. Claiming their concern for “human rights,” Senator Leahy and people just like him actually encourage terrorist — insurgent activities.

Terrorists are not entirely stupid; they realize that when the political left speaks out against administration policies in the war on terror, such statements effectively encourage insurgents to keep on fighting. In this context, one wonders how many American soldiers will die as a result of Senator Leahy’s words of encouragement?

Guantanamo Bay has not “damaged our credibility.” If anything, the existence of Gitmo sends just the opposite signal to murdering cut-throats. If we fail to kill you on the field of battle, we are going to send you away to a tropical island, removing you from your country, your family, and every one of your normal points of reference except for your religion. We are going to keep you in such a place for a very long time.

Let’s also keep in mind that detainees at Gitmo have been introduced to a quality of life that they have not previously experienced. They eat regularly. They bathe regularly. They are given clean clothes to wear. They are even provided with lavatories and toilet paper, something that few of them have at home. They receive regular medical checkups, provided with prayer rugs, the Qu’ran, prayer beads, and they are shown the direction toward Mecca. Yes, it is true that they are imprisoned — such is the price of their murdering, barbaric behaviors.

These slugs are not kept in pits filled with human filth, and they are not hooked up to electrodes. They may be deprived of sleep, and they may be subjected to hours upon hours of Michael Jackson music, but that is not torture. Torture is pulling out their finger nails, driving bamboo slivers inside toenails, pouring water into their nostrils, shocking them with electricity, making them stand for hours in the hot sun, making them work under intolerable conditions, feeding them slop, and subjecting them to bizarre medical experiments. Those are the things the Japanese and Germans did in World War II, by the way, and how I would define “inhumane.”

Senator Leahy is a liar. The program as it exists at Guantanamo Bay is very credible because its detainees are not killing innocent people. He is a charlatan, too. Having been elected and sworn to preserve and protect us, he expresses greater concern for murdering barbarians than he does for the rights of innocent victims — which has become a standard for the American political left.

http://caosblog.com/category/guest-blogger/mustang/

From the screened comments section in Brilliant Middle East Expert Daniel Pipes' website:

America, and the principles for which she stands, democracy and freedom, are at war with Islam. Islam's clearly stated objectives and goals in the Koran are in clear conflict with those of America. Islam's soldiers have already infiltrated America in many areas including the military. (Remember Sgt. Asan Akbar and his grenade attack on the 101st Airborne HQ in Kuwait?) It's propoganda agents and recruiters, the Imams from Saudi Arabia, work their subterfuge through out the wahabi mosques in America, adding to their numbers daily. Like the trojan horse, the enemy has already breached America's walls and have and will continue to wreak havoc from within. Profiling is expensive both in terms of man power and sheer logistics and is not enough to assure the safety of all Americans.

The most cost effective solution to the problem of preventing terrorist propogation and attacks at home is the internment of all muslims in America. Now before all you left-wing Kennedys and Hillarys get your panties in a bunch, consider the alternative: if just one terrorist cell succeeds in by-passing our leaking security systems, thousands or even millions of American lives could be lost if such a cell were to detonate a nuke in a major American city. Is it worth the risk just to placate a tiny percentage of the American population?

This is WAR and in times of war, the needs of the few are outweighed by the needs of the many.

The Japanese internment during WW2 should serve as a shining example of how effective this solution was. I don't recall any terrorist attack on U.S. soil during the internment. If it worked so well back then, it should work just as good now.

For the duration of this 'war on terror' a.k.a. war on Islam, only two options should be given to muslims residing in America: Internment or Deportation to an Islamic country, say, Saudi Arabia. Any muslim choosing internment in America should have to forfeit their property in order to cover the cost of internment so the over-burdened U.S. taxpayer won't have to foot the bill. In addition, the Saudi sponsored mosques could be sold to private developers and converted into multi-family dwelling/mixed residential/light commercial use to also assist in the cost of muslim internment.

The cost savings alone in not having to profile and survail every muslim peep should be enough to change the mind of even the most ardent liberal. This money could be funnelled into the war effort abroad for a speedy victory and the quick return home of U.S. soldiers. The savings could also be used to improve health care, crime reduction, education, and local infrastructure.

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/47920

And from the Boss himself (consultant to presidents, leading academic, think-tank guy):

For years, it has been my position that the threat of radical Islam implies an imperative to focus security measures on Muslims. If searching for rapists, one looks only at the male population. Similarly, if searching for Islamists (adherents of radical Islam), one looks at the Muslim population.

And so, I was encouraged by a just-released Cornell University opinion survey that finds nearly half the U.S. population agreeing with this proposition. Specifically, 44 percent of Americans believe that government authorities should direct special attention toward Muslims living in America, either by registering their whereabouts, profiling them, monitoring their mosques, or infiltrating their organizations.

Also encouraging, the survey finds the more people follow TV news, the more likely they are to support these common-sense steps. Those who are best informed about current issues, in other words, are also the most sensible about adopting self-evident defensive measures.

That's the good news; the bad news is the near-universal disapproval of this realism. Leftist and Islamist organizations have so successfully intimidated public opinion that polite society shies away from endorsing a focus on Muslims.

Professor Daniel Pipes

http://www.californiarepublic.org/archi ... nment.html

Most Guantanamo prisoners are not even accused of hostile acts against US

by Jan Sutton, Reuters News Agency

Feb. 9, 2006

The majority of prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay naval base are not accused of committing hostile acts against the United States or its allies, and only a small percentage were captured by U.S. forces, a review of government documents has found.

The study said 55 percent were not accused in the documents of committing hostile acts against the United States and its coalition allies.

Among those where the location of capture was listed, only 5 percent were captured by U.S. forces. The rest were taken by Pakistani forces in Afghanistan and Pakistan, or by the Northern Alliance, an Afghan militia that helped U.S. forces oust the Taliban.

Some were sold to the United States by bounty hunters who then disappeared, making it difficult to verify their claims that the detainee had terrorist connections, the report said.

[The report] included copies of leaflets distributed in Afghanistan urging people to "get wealth and power beyond your dreams" by turning in Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters.

Only 8 percent were characterized in the government documents as al Qaeda fighters and 16 percent as Taliban fighters, the report said.

Some of the rest were considered al Qaeda or Taliban "members," under a definition so broad it could apply to anyone believed to have ever spoken to an al Qaeda or Taliban member, the report said.

Others were deemed "associates" of terrorist organizations, though half the groups cited are not on U.S. government lists of groups it considers terrorist organizations.

The report questions whether associating with the Taliban really makes someone an enemy combatant, since the Taliban government controlled nearly all aspects of Afghan citizens' lives, and conscripted boys as young as 12 to fight.

One detainee was considered an enemy combatant because he was conscripted into Taliban forces as a cook's assistant, the report said.

Other evidence cited in the documents as proof of enemy combatant status included possessing AK-47 or Kalashnikov rifles, staying at guest houses while traveling through Afghanistan, possessing a Casio watch or wearing olive drab clothing.

U.S. officials at Guantanamo have repeatedly said that the detainees provide valuable intelligence information and were carefully selected from among more than 8,000 men taken captive during the Afghanistan war.

A few dozen of those who underwent the 2004 enemy combatant reviews have since been released. The population has been whittled down to about 490 through diplomatic negotiations and through an annual review process that continues.

Only 10 have been charged with war crimes and Pentagon officials have said only 50 to 75 ever would be charged.

http://www.unknownnews.org/0602100209GuantanamoB.html

Guantanamo is not a conventional military prison. It's an ad hoc laboratory for the perfection of the CIA psychological torture. Guantanamo is a complete construction. It's a system of total psychological torture, designed to break down every detainee contained therein, designed to produce a state of hopelessness and despair that leads, tragically, ... to suicide.

http://www.unknownnews.org/0606180613McCoy.html
AlicetheKurious

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm

Wonderful post, Alice. You mirror my own thoughts completely but expressed them better.

It's not the Nazis or any one people today that saddens me most; it's Society itself and it's consistent failure to recognize what it's truly capable of.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby yesferatu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:Yesferatu, have you ever read a book called 'Hitler's Willing Executioners'? If not, I recommend it. And may I also point out that with one's insistsance on weaving two massive Gordian knots like Nazi Germany with today's Palestinian/Israeli conflict, hope of comprehending either is utterly lost.

I have said the comparison is an ethical comparison in the simplest of terms...no gordian knot.
People in the way get killed. If other people want something bad enough, murder is justified. No gordian knot. If people are in the way, they are victims, thru no fault of their own.
How much clearer can I make this?
I would continue making the comparison. But this will be the last thread I say anything on the palestinian issue here. You believe zionists and nazis are worlds apart, you go on believing that.
In murder-ethics, they are exactly the same.
Regarding the holocaust, I am in no denial. Re-visiting is not revisionism.
Hitler killed million and millions of Jews for being Jews.
For being in the way.
The zionist regime, now under the vampire Olmert, is continuing killing Palestinians for being Palestinians.
For being in the way.
yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:20 pm

yesferatu wrote:You believe zionists and nazis are worlds apart, you go on believing that.

I never said that. Parallels abound and human capacity to become what it hates is boundless, but you CANNOT judge one based on another's acts..

Why do you have such difficulty seeing this?
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:24 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:I never said that. Parallels abound and human capacity to become what it hates is boundless, but you CANNOT judge one based on another's acts..

For the record, this mirrors my position as well.
Jeff
Site Admin

Xn answer

Postby marmot » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:52 pm

yesferatu wrote:My question now is, would Hitler have targeted the Jews if they were not encroaching upon the living space of the Germans?
Would Israel be targeting Palestinians if they weren't being problematic...by being alive...within and around Israeli real estate?
I mean if the Jews were all living far outside Germany's borders, Hitler would not have bothered with genocide ...right?

The deeper issue of Hitler's hatred for the Jews was a Satanic hatred for God's people. Hitler was an Anti-Christ, and a type of the final Anti-Christ to come. The Anti-Christ and the Beast will always seek to target Israel (i.e., Jews) and Christians.

The answer to all three of your questions is NO! The Jews Hitler had exterminated were exterminated because they were Jews, not for where they were living, but for what they were. And NO! it's not on the basis of Palestinians being alive that make them problematic, it is because of their Satanic Ideology which calls for the total destruction of Israel from the face of the earth, this marks them a target. Hitler was a tool of the Adversary. And its amazing how many tools he uses today to make War against Israel and the Saints.
marmot

Postby Mad Onion » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:55 pm

I don't think that Hitler, for example, ever actually spelled out that he was planning to kill all the Jews.

Hitler never spelled out the specifics...but he was rather clear on his desires. From the link no one read though it was requested and the post from the link no one read though it was requested:

And Hitler spoke quite clearly in public on no fewer than three occasions. On January 30, 1939, seven months before Germany invaded Poland, he spoke publicly to the Reichstag (transcribed from Skeptic magazine, Vol. 2, No. 4, p. 50):

Today I want to be a prophet once more: if international finance Jewry inside and outside of Europe should succeed once more in plunging nations into another world war, the consequence will not be the Bolshevation of the earth and thereby the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe.

By the way, this last phrase is, in German, "die Vernichtung der jüdischen Rasse in Europa," which German-speakers will realize is quite unambiguous.
In September, 1942:

...if Jewry should plot another world war in order to exterminate the Aryan peoples in Europe, it would not be the Aryan people which would be exterminated but Jewry...

On November 8, 1942:

You will recall the session of the Reichstag during which I declared: if Jewry should imagine that it could bring about an international world war to exterminate the European races, the result will not be the extermination of the European races, but the extermination of Jewry in Europe. People always laughed about me as a prophet. Of those who laughed then, countless numbers no longer laugh today, and those who still laugh now will perhaps no longer laugh a short time from now.
*Fear the Onion. *
Mad Onion

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:01 pm

I have one simple question for Jeff and anyone else who may want to chime in. I am certainly not endorsing this position although I do think it is possible.

Is it possible Zionists were behind the funding of the Third Reich and the Holocaust as a means of generating world sympathy for the Zionist cause? It seems to me that just before ww2 the entire world was resoundingly against the idea of a Jewish homeland. After ww2 this position changed dramatically. Cui Bono?

I think it is silly to DENY the Holocaust. But we should ask who benefits from it most. Isnt that how we handle most of these situations whether it be JFK or 9-11, do we not ask who benefits and then assume that perhaps therein lies our answers?

Just curious.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby Mad Onion » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Is it possible Zionists were behind the funding of the Third Reich and the Holocaust as a means of generating world sympathy for the Zionist cause? It seems to me that just before ww2 the entire world was resoundingly against the idea of a Jewish homeland. After ww2 this position changed dramatically. Cui Bono?

If the Onion had suggested that these were Mr. Masonic's true beliefs, the Onion would have been pilloried once again for unjust accusations. So, although the Onion truly does not mind such treatment, he thanks Mr. Masonic for saving him the trouble.
*Fear the Onion. *
Mad Onion

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:58 pm

No, that is completely incorrect. Those are actually not my 'true beliefs', I honestly do not know what happened in germany during world war 2, I know what the history books tell me and I also know those same history books have not always been forthright in telling the truth. I continue educate myself and try and make sense of the world by asking questions to determine how others view things.

Stop making an ass out of yourself by leveling false accusations.

Nowhere on this board or any board at anytime will you find me denying the Holocaust or blaming the Jewish people for the atrocities they suffered. Indeed they DID suffer and suffer immensely. You will, however, find me often questioning governments and the leadership of various quasi-government organizations, this will include the US govt, the Israeli government and any other government that I feel merits criticism for their policy and actions. Accordingly, the Zionist Congress, is then, fair game.
Last edited by MASONIC PLOT on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby yesferatu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:
yesferatu wrote:You believe zionists and nazis are worlds apart, you go on believing that.

I never said that. Parallels abound and human capacity to become what it hates is boundless, but you CANNOT judge one based on another's acts..

I am not judging zionists based on the atrocities of the nazis.
I am judging them with the same measure.
Or do six million palestinians have to die before I can mete out that equal judgement?
Hate is boundless. I have no difficulty seeing this. Tell me what words I wrote which gives you the impression I do not see this?
yesferatu

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:36 pm

Are Palestinians free of wrongfull acts and provocations?

Honest to God, I wish there was something that could be done to resolve that conflict, yesferatu. I empathize with the Palestinians, and I empathize with the Israeli people in the same way I empathize with fellow US citizens who stand disenfranchised by the acts of our Government. Never once have I condoned my country's aggressions abroad, yet those aggressions continue to mount against my will. I'm sure there are many Israelis that feel the same way. Many even empathize with the Palestinians themselves..

So let me answer a question with a question:

What do you think a sufficient resolution to that conflict would look like while realistically acknowledging the existance of fanatics on both sides that keep the region in chaos and thrive from it?

Give me the answer to a riddle I've never been able to solve..
Et in Arcadia ego

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion