Personal Highlight of last year ?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Personal Highlight of last year ?

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:19 am

Personal highlight of 2006 ?

In an attempt to keep the discussion as positive as possible, perhaps a thread highlighting the positive things that happened last year will (hopefully) help to keep us both focused and encouraged.

Amongst many special moments and tears of true joy, mine was convincing a 72 year old ancient Atheist and non believer in "conspiracy theories", that

a) There is a very strong chance that this mortal coil is not the end

b) it wasnt 19 muslim with boxcutters who done 9/11

Why is this special for me ?

It was my father.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby blanc » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:19 am

rejoice :D
blanc

Blog: View Blog (0)

Personal highlight

Postby biaothanatoi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Best things about 2006?

My survivor friend went for a full 12 months without a single attack.

Advocates for Survivors of Child Abuse published "Ritual Abuse and Torture in Australia".

An Australian survivor went public regarding the Catholic Church's acknowledgement of his ritual abuse.

And I got funding for three years of full-time research into organised child sexual exploitation in Australia.
biaothanatoi

congrats

Postby professorpan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:59 pm

And I got funding for three years of full-time research into organised child sexual exploitation in Australia.

Excellent. And synchronistic (!), because in another thread I listed you as one of the people on this board doing primary, original research.

Though we've had disagreements over the validity of certain cases, I applaud your dedication, and look forward to any new material you can share with us.
professorpan

Postby biaothanatoi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Excellent. And synchronistic (!), because in another thread I listed you as one of the people on this board doing primary, original research.

Thanks. It's going to be a relief to focus full-time on studying RA rather then juggling it around work commitments. I'll release work as I go (journal articles, conference papers) and it should culminate in a book. In the meantime, I'll have support from other researchers and the faculty, and the university has a duty of care to insure I don't go insane/get shot in the head/etc.

I'll start in two months or so ... let's just say it's a big relief to have gotten the money and I'm really looking forward to 2007.
biaothanatoi

Postby blanc » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:59 am

full strength to your research biao.
i suspect its parameters will exclude most of the cases i know of, but if there is any point in common or info you want to hear a bit more on, you know where i am. (i'm still working on the precis of the dutroux info i have, but slowly btw)
blanc

Postby biaothanatoi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 am

Thanks, Blanc. The study will be quite broad - literally, "multiperpetrator abuse" - looking at child sexual abuse beyond the usual paradigm of a single perpetrator. It'll give us the chance to compare organised abuse with no ritualistic features with organised abuse in which ritual abuse occurs.

And ... I've derailed the thread. C'mon. Someone else post their personal highlights!
biaothanatoi

highlight

Postby xsicbastardx » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:04 am

Getting to a Birthday my Brother didn't have the chance to.

Watching a 18 year old kid realizing that the towers were brought down with explosives.....going out and bringing all his friends home to see the same stuff.....

People are begining to wake up.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

xsicbastardx

Postby rrapt » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:34 am

Has been a wonderful year.

>Daughter got 1st job out of college. Wonderful job too.

>Designed & installed geothermal system for my house and it works like a charm.

>Aquired a smart happy poodle pup that loves life.

>Bought a lot and broke ground for my first-ever building-from-the -ground-up (a lil factory). Geo tubes are already in place.

>Finally saw Dub & Cheney & other reptiles see and feel failure.
rrapt

Return to General Discussion