Favorite Scenes from movies

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Telexx » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:42 pm

What behavior is sanctioned in these movies?
Who are the solvers and who are the problematic.?
How are things solved?
Who can you trust?
How are real events mirrored and distorted?

The answers to these questions stem MORE from the mythic heroic journey than they do from psi-ops Hugh.

That is not to say that attempts are not made to influence film production by people with hidden government agendas in mind.

But these stories come from the minds of authors (or in the case of films, screenwriters) originally. They take their thinking from books like The Writer's Journey by Christopher Vogler or, if they're a little more sophisticated, The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Jospeph Campbell.

Both excellent reads offering fine insights into the Human condition.

MASONIC PLOT wrote:

"I wanted to burn the Louvre. I'd do the Elgin Marbles with a sledgehammer and wipe my ass with the Mona Lisa. This is my world, now. This is my world, my world, and those ancient people are dead."

Funny, that's just what happened in Baghdad when the US invaded. It's culture was trashed.

Fight Club the movie is of course an adaptation from a novel. The speech MASONIC PLOT quoted comes from the book. I know you are not saying that Chuck Palahniuk's extended rant against consumer culture and the vacuity of modern life was in fact a cunning foreshadowing of the sacking of Iraq's culture...

There is, in fact, no link between the two.

Thanks,

Telexx

(If you are, then it is you - my friend - who has lost your marbles - Elgin or otherwise.)
Last edited by Telexx on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telexx

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hiddenite » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Does anybody else get a strong urge to grab Hugh by a flipper and drag him to the movies ? :lol: :wink:

I can't do "bits" but if I was to take Hugh to the movies I would get them to show ;

"Hangmen Also Die " Fritz Lang with a script by Brecht , because it does all the things it says "on the tin" .

and then make him wallow in
"Sans Soleil"/Sunless by Chris Marker ...which I can only describe by copying this review

"I've only seen this film twice, both on the same day, nearly fifteen years ago; and yet its poetic-philosophical themes, its melancholy, its images still remain with me. Viewing it was an intensely personal experience; I find myself a little startled to find that other people have seen it. I find myself plagiarising it constantly; I think of it at odd times (when I accidentally catch someone's eyes and immediately look away; whenever I visit San Francisco); it is a work of lingering and subtle beauty that percolates through my bloodstream, informing the hours and days, changing the things and ways I see... "
hiddenite

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:55 pm

I'd like to add the last scene in Blackfella's, when Ernie Dingo's character charges the cops with an empty gun. Knowing he'll get shot, but knowing the diversion will give his cousin a chance to escape.

Psyop my arse that movie actually captures the real trajedy of being an aboriginal male in Australia.

The scene in "Picnic at Hanging rock" where the girls disappear is also a bit weird. Its a very strange spot too.

Hugh have you seen Ghosts of the Civil Dead yet?

I seriously think you should watch that film. It would also be good to hear your opinion of it.
Joe Hillshoist

ouch.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:04 pm

[quote="Joe Hillshoist"
Hugh have you seen Ghosts of the Civil Dead yet?

I seriously think you should watch that film. It would also be good to hear your opinion of it.[/quote]

No, Joe. Sounds like a nasty painful film for 1988 but the model of false-flag social unrest is timely.

As the viewers see, both the prisoners and the guards are slowly and deliberately brutalised, manipulated and provoked into the forthcoming eruption of violence, to justify the construction of a new and more "secure" facility.

Well, that's as concise a description of this country as I've read.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:32 am

Its actually one of the most intense films I have evr seen, written by an ex con from melbourne, who I think spent time in the notorious H block at pentridge prison. Melbourne is a small town, and the film is full of local melbourne identities, it was a very independant film, and it, well its well worth watching, if harrowing.

The similarities between whathappens in the prison, and whats happening now in society are interesting, on reflection its almost an alegory for the way our society has gone, but it is primarily point is about the use of prisons and the law and order debate as a means of social control.

I don't really wanna say any more about it. The last scene is just awesome. Although that might ring true for melbourne peoploe more than others.

Another thing the portrayal of violence in that film is about as close to what real violence looks and sounds like, its ugly but not at all idealised or promoted by the filmakers.

Which reminds me.

The scenes of violence and abuse in the Kiwi film Once Were Warriors are really good too. There is this howling wind sound in the background that slowly biulds, its a bit like hearing cthulu from over the ocean, very menacing and disturbing, but thats the films point, about how violence and alcholoism and a lack of meaning are destroying urban maori people.

Although the violence in that film can seem a little cool.

But there are some pretty horrible abuse scenes and other stuff thats unpleasant, and the same sound that even accompanies the semi cool violence starts up. Interesting way to link ideas and show the wider range of what violence actually is.
Joe Hillshoist

Re: Favorite Scenes from movies

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:47 pm

Easily one of my favorite films; I include the below scenes as there are parallels with today's "vaccine passports".

M. GUSTAVE:

You see? There are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed, that’s what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant --

(sighs deeply)

Oh, fuck it.
Belligerent Savant

Previous

Return to General Discussion