Remote Viewing.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Remote Viewing.

Postby OpLan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:45 pm

I have a copy of Ed Dames method.I had to stop the video because I dont have a printer, and need to make up some forms to participate.That was a couple of months ago.I think my pessimism has stopped me from going on.The subject has cropped up recently.Would I be wasting my time on his course?
Informed opinions welcomed.
OpLan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marykmusic » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Why is this in the lounge? It's a serious subject, so serious that the NSA and other black-ops groups keep tabs on people who do it. The Monroe Institute has been thoroughly infiltrated.

I suggest you contact Fred Gunn who runs classes in the Sedona area. That is, if you really want someone to teach you how to do it. --MaryK
http://www.zforcegroup.com

"You cannot wifstand my supewiew intewect." --Tweety Bird
marykmusic

Postby OpLan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:34 pm

thanks for the response maryk..
While you are probably right about RV adepts being under scrutiny,I felt my request for info on this particular method too trivial to push threads off the general discussion front page.
OpLan

Postby philipacentaur » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:05 pm

Ed Dames is a scam artist, but for all I know, his methodology is just as effective as anyone else's.
philipacentaur

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:48 am

I consider Ed Dames to be a very poor liar and a carnival huckster. Remote Viewing training materials are freely available on the internet, there's no "secret" that Dames has up his sleeve, he's just selling water by the river.

Here's his CRV manual:

http://www.brainsturbator.com/pdf/Dames-CRVHandbook.pdf

Enjoy.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:05 am

marykmusic wrote:Why is this in the lounge? It's a serious subject, so serious that the NSA and other black-ops groups keep tabs on people who do it. The Monroe Institute has been thoroughly infiltrated.

Agreed. I'm going to move it into General Discussion.
Jeff
Site Admin

Here it is Pitcairn

Postby Username » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Pitcairn,

Here is a good place to bring up my two posts 'Shamen in Army Boots' parts I and II, as you said you would be interested in discussing the article.
Username

Postby marykmusic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm

I bought, watched, then sold on eBay a course on DVD from Prudence Calabrese. It was good.

Remote Viewing: The Science
Most Americans do not realize that for over two decades one of the most highly classified intelligence projects in our government was a group of military and civilian psychics sponsored by the CIA and the Army. This group was in the business of spying on our Cold War adversaries. These “Remote Viewing” projects had a great deal of success: identifying weapons systems on the other side of the globe, finding submarines under the ocean, accurately anticipating new defense initiatives, helping find hostages, etc., so much so that most of the findings are still highly classified.

RV was developed beginning in the early 1970s. As Stanford Research International's (SRI) study revealed the promising aspects of Remote Viewing,

it seemed reasonable to the government agencies to explore ways to develop this skill that some people seemed innately to have and in others who had not yet demonstrated the ability. It hired SRI and two physicists to work with a few gifted psychics to develop a technique that could be taught to others. This method was used to train military personnel and government civilians to become effective remote viewers

The program went public in 1995.

Opinions about mechanisms of Remote Viewing (RV) are wide-ranging. Because the field is multidisciplinary, there are physical theories, psychological theories, psychophysical theories, sociological theories, and combinations of these.

• RV is a mental faculty that allows a "viewer" to describe or give details about an objective that is inaccessible to normal senses due to distance, time, or shielding

• RV is not a "psychic phenomenon", but an imposed discipline or skill that helps the viewer to facilitate or "harness" his or her own innate, underlying psi abilities. Some RV theorists think that formal RV methods are just strategies that help the viewer to more successfully and reliably access the subconscious, where it is most likely that information obtained from RV first emerges into human consciousness.

Remote Viewing differs from other, more traditional parapsychological activities in a number of ways:

• RV was developed in a research setting so that the viewer's accuracy could be verified under the watchful eye of a team of scientists.

• Unlike most other psi disciplines, RV is not just one thing, but rather an integrated "cocktail" of various phenomena. It also involves mental impressions pertaining to the other senses, such as sounds, tastes, smells, and textures, telepathy-like effects, and in some cases, intuitive "knowing."

• In RV, the viewer not only verbalizes what he or she is perceiving, but usually also records in writing, in sketches, the results of the remote viewing episode, or "session."

• RV tends to be more structured than other psi disciplines with viewers following scripted formats first developed in a laboratory setting.

• Proper RV is done within a strict science-based protocol. The remote viewer is kept unwitting of either the nature or identity of the objective until after the session is completed.

• Sessions are conducted in a setting that prevents knowledge of the target "leaking" to the viewer. These measures are important to insure that the viewer does not receive information about the target in any way other than what would be considered "psychic."

• The main way in which RV differs from traditional pyschic methodologies is that RV is teachable, verifiable and duplicatable. From its beginnings in the laboratory at SRI to today, RV contains no inherent "magic" or unexplainable mumbo-jumbo. The approach has always been scientific.

• RV is a means of doing serious science research and for performing operational-type tasks in criminal investigations, government intelligence work, commercial applications, etc.

© 2002, Prudence Calabrese

Here's where this writing came from: http://prudencecalabrese.typepad.com/pru/2004/05/remote_viewing__1.html

This is not the only way I've learned; as it turned out, most of what she offered in her recorded course I already knew. But this is good information and I recommend her to anyone who wants to check out this fascinating skill. --MaryK
http://www.zforcegroup.com

"You cannot wifstand my supewiew intewect." --Tweety Bird
marykmusic

Postby OpLan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 am

thanks for the link wombat,but its dead?
..and thanks for the prudence link too..
what lead you people to think Dames is a cheat/huxter/scam artist?
OpLan

I shouldn't need to say more...

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 am

philipacentaur

Postby OpLan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:51 am

yes - I've seen the killshot movie.Its pretty bad..not even a good advertisement for his own services.

The terrorist threat story had me giggling..

Dames set up the target in the usual fashion...and went over to the CRV room to start running viewers against the target: Riley, Smith, Buchanan, and Gabrielle Peters. Dames soon noticed that the viewers' descriptions of the target were remarkably consistent. Their impressions all seemed to involve some kind of unusual aerial vehicle. It had a large payload - box-like objects of various sizes - and the colors red and white featured prominently. The pilot was obese, and the vehicle seemed to be open-topped, with sled-like runners underneath. It was going to come across the northern U.S. border sometime a few weeks in the future. It was going to come down over Canada, down from the Arctic pole.

Some of the data generated by the viewers were very strange, but Dames decided it was probably analytical overlay. For instance, Paul Smith said for some reason that there were livestock associated with the target. Riley drew the vehicle with eight strange objects out in front of it. It didn't matter; it was obvious to Dames what was going on here: Some kind of terrorist attack was being planned. The target was apparently an ultralight plane or a specially modified helicopter, loaded with an atomic bomb - or bombs - and designed to fly under U.S. and Canadian radar surveillance. Stage Four data, designed to pull out intentions and purposes associated with the target, suggested that the device was meant to fly into the United States somehow, surreptitiously, by night. Dames guessed that a Middle East country was involved, maybe Syria or Iran or Libya.
Dames was in the CRV room with Riley when he decided it was time to act. He told Riley he was going to run over to 4554, the nearest INSCOM building, and get access to a secure phone so he could alert his friends elsewhere in the intelligence community. To Riley, he seemed to be worried that Xenakis and others at DIA would suppress the data as unreliable if he tried to go through their channels. A terrorist nuclear attack on the United States . . . This was big.

Xenakis, meanwhile, was watching the session from the control room, trying not to allow his laughter to be heard across the hall in the CRV room. When Dames came out into the front room of the ops building, on his way to find a secure phone, Xenakis and everyone else were waiting for him, wearing big grins.

It had been Mel Riley's prank, a measure of revenge for all the brain-bending bilocations he'd had to endure on advanced training targets. The prank was that the target's identity had been known to the viewers all along. It was not a terrorist attack; it was Santa Claus and his sleigh. Each viewer had simply gone through the usual structure of a CRV session, describing Santa's raw attributes, and even making rough sketches of the sleigh and reindeer, but never actually naming the target. The idea had been to see what interpretations Dames would make, when presented with such unusual material. Xenakis had agreed to go along, and Dames, it seemed, had fallen right into it
OpLan

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:00 pm

HA! I nearly pissed my pants when I read that the first time. Thanks for posting it.
philipacentaur

Postby OpLan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Heck..the CPU overload gremlin ate my post..

The rest of the article wiped the smile off my face pretty damn quick.
How can Art Bell profit from Dames I just don't know.I would have torn him to shreds regarding the missing children.
OpLan

Postby philipacentaur » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm

I know what you mean, though I disliked Art Bell and anyone like him long before that. If the "conspiracy industry" went away, things would be easier to sort out. Money, money, money...
philipacentaur

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:14 pm

OpLan wrote:thanks for the link wombat,but its dead?
..and thanks for the prudence link too..
what lead you people to think Dames is a cheat/huxter/scam artist?

Damn! He must have found it somehow.

I'll put it back up.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion