Jeff Wells -- PROPHET???

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jeff Wells -- PROPHET???

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:08 am

Just kidding, I wouldn't wish that title on my worst enemy. Still, going through the deep politics sections I was, verily, whumped upside the head by this tidbit from 2005:

Iraq is viewed almost entirely as a neocon project, but the backstory to the war includes the purposeful bankrupting of America, which has weakened the state from the inside while the Iraq war has not only created more enemies, but left it more vulnerable to attack.

The neocons are the Lone Gunmen of Iraq. They're the patsies who'll eventually take the fall for its failure, which will actually mean success to the real players who've allowed them the liberty to play their hand. Like Oswald, these patsies aren't innocents, but neither should perfect blame be laid at their feet. And like Oswald, when their heads are offered to the public the public will be expected to sigh with relief that the beast has been slain and all is right again in the land.

But they're not up for the chop yet. A few more acts need to be played before they've unintentionally exhausted their use in the hastening of the collapse of American power. (Idealogues blinded by the beauty of their ideas are easily manipulated to the service of contrary ends.) The car bombing of Lebanon's Gibran Tueni and the heavy hand pointing to Syria is one suggestion of the next act, and the timetable for a nuclear Iran is another.

Prince Hassan of Jordan said on Sunday that the US had run out of goodwill in Iraq, and that "only the horror of an all-out civil war, with perhaps a million more dead, could bring an uncertain end by arms to this ongoing tragedy."

I'd say don't give them any ideas, Prince, but you're not telling them anything they don't already know.

Thanks for being the being you be, Mr. Wells.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Bigger than the Neocons

Postby Gouda » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:29 am

That Wells guy is pretty good in there.

I challenge someone to find a warning of the forthcoming neocon role, say, way back in the 90's!! Other even earlier precedents accepted as well. I must be excused; in the 80's and 90's I had my head somewhere up my ass.

More on the neocon theme - I think Chris Floyd may have snuck a peek at Jeff's piece and let it germinate. Worth reposting (there is an associated thread in the "War on Terror" forum) Floyd's strong August 2006 balancing of the neocon overkill at Counterpunch...

August 15, 2006

Neo-Cons, Nabobs and Empire
It's Bigger Than the Neo-Cons

http://www.counterpunch.com/floyd08152006.html

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it: it's time to take up the cudgels for the poor neo-cons.

Day after day, these dedicated public intellectuals and hardworking federal officials are calumnied from coast to coast, accused of every crime under the sun. Who misled us into the bloodsoaked mire of Iraq? Who's pulling strings to foment a new war with Iran? Who's fanning the flames of Israel's assault on Lebanon, hoping to turn the entire Middle East into an arc of "creative destruction" that will transform the region into a pacified, profitable oasis of American power? Why, the neo-cons, of course, guilty on every count--or so we're told.

It's certainly a pretty tale, satisfyingly simple like most cartoons, well-suited for a stirring film adaptation, a la "V for Vendetta." (Given the religious heritage of many neo-cons, perhaps Mel Gibson could be induced to take it on.) We'd watch the sinister Machiavels plot in the shadows, pouring their leperous distilments into the ears of government leaders who, zombified by this dark enchantment, mindlessly drive the nation into ruin. Yet if these dastards can be routed in the last act by some hero--a "straight-talking" senator from Arizona, say, or a tough and savvy former First Lady, or even a clean-limbed knight stepping forth from the mists of the blogosphere--then all will be well with the Republic.

Well, as Brick Pollit told Maggie the Cat: "Wouldn't it be funny if that was true?" Unfortunately, the reality of our political and moral predicament is not so neat and tidy, nor so easily resolved. If the neo-cons all hopped a spaceship for the Hale-Bopp comet tomorrow--indeed, if the cult had never arisen at all--we would still be right where we are today: neck-deep in the Big Muddy.

That's not to say, of course, that we weren't misled into Iraq, or that strings aren't being pulled for a war on Iran, or that flames aren't being fanned to widen the Middle East war--or that the gaggle of third-rate thinkers and first-class troublemakers loosely grouped under the rubric "neo-con" aren't intimately involved in all of these affairs. They are, in spades. But to accuse them of playing the central role in America's on-going Götterdämmerung gives them an importance they don't deserve--and unduly mitigates the guilt of the true culprits: the good old-fashioned Anglo-Saxon boardroom buccaneers of the American Establishment, bred for generations to feast on war and rumors of war, and to regard the hoi polloi as mere cannon fodder and cash cows to be mulched and milked as needed.

For what's the underlying implication of the "neo-cons über alles" meme? It's that hard-core, down-and-dirty inside operators like Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld--who have spent their entire adult lives at the dark heart of the government-corporate-warbiz-spygame power nexus--are actually innocent lambkins led astray by the wicked blandishments of Richard Perle. It's that the world-striding oil barons, Wall Street dynasts and CIA scions of the Bush Faction are just wide-eyed rubes bamboozled into acting against their own interests by the dazzling sophistry of William Kristol and Michael Leeden. It's that no U.S. administration would ever undertake the kind of rapacious policies we've seen in the last five years--unless they'd been tricked into it by wily Zionists and their ideological outriders. It is, in short, our old friend "American exceptionalism," decked out in dissident drag.

Shakespeare pegged the neo-cons' true place in the scheme of things more than 400 years ago in Julius Caesar. Listen to Marc Antony dismissing his fellow triumvir Lepidus, and you will hear the authentic voice of Great Gamesters like Cheney, Rumsfeld and James Baker, dicing for world empire and using anything at hand--neo-cons, evangelicals, Caucasian despots, Arab tyrants, Israeli proxies, British lapdogs, Shiite death squads--to further their ambitions: "This is a slight unmeritable man, meet to be sent on errandsand though we lay these honours on this man, to ease ourselves of divers slanderous loads, he shall but bear them as the ass bears gold, to groan and sweat under the business, either led or driven as we point the way. And having brought our treasure where we will, then we take down his load and turn him off, like to the empty ass, to shake his ears and graze in commons." Or at the World Bank, as the case may be.

Again, this is not to deny that neo-con fingerprints are all over the various shivs and bludgeons that the Bush Regime has used in its whack jobs on the Constitution, the Geneva Conventions, the UN Charter, the Magna Carta and the Ten Commandments. After all, the veritable blueprint for the whole godawful shebang--the infamous "Rebuilding America's Defenses" document of September 2000--was concocted under the aegis of that quintessentially neo-con think tank, the Project for the New American Century. It was all spelled out there, long before 9/11: the invasion of Iraq (regardless of whether Saddam Hussein was still in power); the vast explosion in military spending; planting new U.S. bases in Central Asia and the Middle East to secure dominance over world energy sources; embracing aggressive war as national policy--and the openly stated notion that only a "new Pearl Harbor" could "catalyze" the American people into readily accepting the need for these radical measures.

Damning stuff. But without the presence of long-time Establishment power players like Cheney and Rumsfeld on the PNAC board, the plan would have remained the pipe dream of a few curdled academics and comb-licking policy wonks. Indeed, it was the Great Gamesters themselves who set the neo-cons to work on devising ways to extend the "unipolar moment" of unchallenged American power that arose after the collapse of the Soviet Union; the first version of the PNAC plan was drawn up at Cheney's order by Paul Wolfowitz and Scooter "Leaker" Libby in 1992, in the last months of the Bush I administration.

Under Bush II, the neo-cons were brought in as shock troops; their mindless zealotry was a perfect tool for implementing the plans drawn up by the real players in the new regime: Cheney's notorious "Energy Task Force" and the much lesser-known "Joint Task Force on Petroleum" formed by the Council on Foreign Relations and--who else?--the James Baker Institute at Rice University. It was here that the final solution for Iraq was hammered out: regime change with the aim of locking up--not unleashing--Iraq's massive oil reserves, to keep energy prices high and steady (Saddam was mischievously bouncing them all over the place) and to preserve the power of OPEC under the leadership of those time-honored pals and business partners of the American Establishment, the Saudi royals.

These are dark days, serious times. The whiff of apocalypse is in the air. For it will be virtually impossible for the Gamesters to carry off their next immediate goal, subduing Iran--much less their long-range aim of dominating the world throughout a "new American century"--without the use of nuclear weapons. So let's be done with baby talk and comic books, with the comforting fairy tale that the vast crimes we are witnessing are the work of a few cranks who have somehow hijacked the noble U.S. government and are using it for their own purposes, or Israel's purposes, or whatever.

The reality is that Iraq was invaded because a powerful faction of the old-line American Establishment wanted to do it and the rest of the Establishment--the Democrats, the media, the "respectable" intelligentsia--countenanced the crime. The belligerence and oppression of the hardline Israeli government in Lebanon and Palestine are receiving unquestioned--and armed--support from the United States because this suits the larger strategic purposes of the "global dominance" faction of the Establishment, and the domestic political purposes both of the Democrats, heavily reliant on Jewish-American backing, and the Republicans, dependent on their rabidly pro-Israel evangelical base.

It is the American elite-- pursuing, as always, the enhancement of its own power and privilege, heedless of the consent of the governed or the genuine interests of the American people (or the Palestinian people or the Israeli people or the Lebanese people or the Iraqi people)--that bedevils us. The emergence of the cretinous neo-conservative cult is just a symptom of a deeper moral corruption coursing through the dominant institutions and structures of American society. The body politic is rotting from the head.
Gouda

Re: Jeff Wells -- PROPHET???

Postby Jeff » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:34 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Just kidding

That's a relief! In the introduction I'm writing to the book, I say if there's one thing you take away from this, let it be that I'm an authority on nothing.

I remember xymphora beat me up for the same passage at the time, and missed the point, probably thanks to his increasing monomania with respect to Israel and the Israel lobby.

Cannonfire had something important to say about this a couple of days ago:

Inconveniently enough for the Blame-Israel-for-everything crowd, Israel seems wary of this new war.

"The response of Iran would be first against Israel, even if Israel is not involved in this activity. This is the first thing you have to understand," said Col. Schlomo Mofaz of Israel's Institute of Counterterrorism. "Second point, I think Israel should not be in the front of a coalition or any kind of activity" against Iran.

So what is happening?

Notice how Cheney keeps emerging as the key player here. Does anyone really think that Cheney gives a damn about Zionism or Jews or the return of Jesus or Islamofascism or any of the other religious motivations one hears about?

I think we need to find a third answer, related to but distinct from the two prevailing theories of the current madness. On one side, we have those who blame Zionism for all ills. On the other, we have the traditional lefty mistrust of "American imperialism" and its attendant lust for oil. But this ain't that. This ain't neither of that.

Yes, this is related to those two things -- but some outside force is at play here. We call that force neoconservatism only because we have no better term. We still do not truly know our enemy, its motives, or its methods of achieving power.
Jeff
Site Admin

Neoconservatism as a Jewish Movement

Postby Trifecta » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:21 am

I think Kevin Macdonald has something to say about that Jeff.

Understanding Jewish Influence III: Neoconservatism as a Jewish movement

http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/UnderstandJI-3.htm

Acronyms of Neoconservative and Pro-Israel
Activist Organizations Used in this Paper
AEI: American Enterprise Institute—A neoconservative think tank; produces and disseminates books and articles on foreign and domestic policy; http://www.aei.org/.
AIPAC: American Israel Public Affairs Committee—The main pro-Israel lobbying organization in the U.S., specializing in influencing the U.S. Congress; http://www.aipac.org/.
CSP: Center for Security Policy—Neoconservative think tank specializing in defense policy; formerly headed by Douglas Feith, CSP is now headed by Frank Gaffney; the CSP is strongly pro-Israel and favors a strong U.S. military; http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/.
JINSA: Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs—Pro-Israel think tank specializing in promoting military cooperation between the U.S. and Israel; http://www.jinsa.org/.
MEF: Middle East Forum—Headed by Daniel Pipes, the MEF is a pro-Israel advocacy organization overlapping with the WINEP but generally more strident; http://www.meforum.org/.
PNAC: Project for the New American Century—Headed by Bill Kristol, the PNAC issues letters and statements signed mainly by prominent neocons and designed to influence public policy; http://www.newamericancentury.org/.
SD/USA: Social Democrats/USA—“Left-neoconservative” political organization advocating pro-labor social policy and pro-Israel, anticommunist foreign policy; http://www.socialdemocrats.org/.
WINEP: Washington Institute for Near East Policy—Pro-Israel think tank specializing in producing and disseminating pro-Israel media material; http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/.
ZOA: Zionist Organization of America—Pro-Israel lobbying organization associated with the more fanatical end of the pro-Israel spectrum in America; http://www.zoa.org/.

I will argue that the main motivation for Jewish neoconservatives has been to further the cause of Israel; however, even if that statement is true, it does not imply that all Jews are neoconservatives. I therefore reject the sort of arguments made by Richard Perle, who responded to charges that neoconservatives were predominantly Jews by noting that Jews always tend to be disproportionately involved in intellectual undertakings, and that many Jews oppose the neoconservatives.11 This is indeed the case, but leaves open the question of whether neoconservative Jews perceive their ideas as advancing Jewish interests and whether the movement itself is influential. An important point of the following, however, is that the organized Jewish community has played a critical role in the success of neoconservatism and in preventing public discussion of its Jewish roots and Jewish agendas.
Trifecta

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:23 pm

edited
Last edited by MASONIC PLOT on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:27 pm

That is a nice find, REX. I remember that quote well. Prophetic, for sure.
Last edited by MASONIC PLOT on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:28 pm

We still do not truly know our enemy, its motives, or its methods of achieving power.

Maybe David Icke was right all along...lol

Half kidding of course, but I would say if we really want to know our enemy we need to do a better job of knowing ourselves.

'Gnothe Seauton'

Yep, we are the enemy my friends, you, me, all of us. We keep voting for criminals, we keep spending our money at walmart, we keep making Bill Gates richer, we keep buying cars that consume oil. When this bullshit stops then we will see some change. But it wont stop, we are all too comfortable, plump and lazy to give up this little prison cell we have created for ourselves.
MASONIC PLOT

Postby Gouda » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Osculum, thanks for introducing the stellar scholarly opinion of Mr. MacDonald to this thread.

The following are informative, but you'll have to google the titles as I do not provide a link to the stormfront site proudly posting all things David Irving related:

A California State Professor Is Attacked for His Defense of a Holocaust Denier

Testimony of Kevin MacDonald in the Matter of David Irving vs. Deborah Lipstadt

You can also find him hanging out at VDARE and Occidental Quarterly, fine anti-immigrant, white supremacist and/or separatist rags.
Gouda

Re: Bigger than the Neocons

Postby jingofever » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Gouda wrote:I challenge someone to find a warning of the forthcoming neocon role, say, way back in the 90's!! Other even earlier precedents accepted as well.

Russell Kirk wrote an essay in 1988. The Kristol is Irving, not Bill.

I offer you two specimens of the rejection of the Neoconservatives that I encounter nowadays in many quarters. My first extract is from a letter recently received from a very distinguished historian in Pennsylvania. "I have burned my bridges with most (not all) of the Konservatives, and especially with the neo- conservatives, who are selfish and uninstructed radicals and progressives, wishing to pour cement all over the country and make the world safe for democracy, well beyond the dreams of Wilson," he writes to me. "A feeling for the land, for its conservation, and for the strong modesty of a traditional patriotism (as distinct from nationalism) none of them has."

As for the democratic aspect of this Neoconservative ideology, "the Constitution of the United States is not for export," as Dr. Daniel Boorstin puts it. To expect that all the world should, and must, adopt the peculiar political institutions of the United States - which often do not work very well even at home - is to indulge the most unrealistic of visions; yet just that seems to be the hope and expectation of many Neoconservatives. Such naive doctrine led us into the wars in Indo-China - the notion that we could establish or prop up in Vietnam a "democracy" that never had existed anywhere in southeastern Asia. Such foreign policies are such stuff as dreams are made of; yet they lead to the heaps of corpses of men who died in vain. We need to ask ourselves whether the Neoconservative architects of international policy are very different from the foreign policy advisors who surrounded Lyndon Johnson.

It is a reasonable presumption that Mr. Kristol and certain of his colleagues would prefer to install in the White House some person, not at all a fine gentleman, who might be deviously manipulated by Neoconservative ideologues.

So, fingering the patsies or the perpetrators, back in the eighties.
jingofever

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:37 pm

There's nothing new in this phenomenon. It's been going on since Reagan, and it's called Teflon politics. Remember how several of the Reagan team got thrown to the wolves, poor dears? Ollie was one. Meanwhile, Bush and Reagan got off without any egg sticking to their Teflon coating. They both should have gone to prison. Reagan is still viewed as one of the most popular presidents ever, though.

The neo-cons who helped get us into this mess deserve every bit of trouble that's thrown at them. And the team that placed them in their positions of power deserve ten times the sticky stuff that's going to fry the neo-cons fryingpan, but their Teflon coating will protect them, as usual.
chiggerbit

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:49 pm

The PTB behind the neo cons are the corporations that we all continue to support with our hard earned money. The middle east and parts of south and central America are the last regions on earth that have rejected global corporatism. The ultimate agenda behind 9-11, the resulting wars and the coming wars is to open new markets for walmart, the cell phone companies, the computer makers, the software distrubuters, the burger kings and mcdonalds, the starbucks, et al. The corporate beast will not stop until every child on earth is sitting in front of a new flat screen tv, wearing nike shoes, playing video games, listening to their ipod and stuffing their faces with ding dongs, twinkies and hot pockets.

As long as we continue to feed this beast his hunger and his thirst for expansion will increase.
MASONIC PLOT

CORRECT!!!

Postby elpuma » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:15 pm

MASONIC PLOT wrote:The PTB behind the neo cons are the corporations that we all continue to support with our hard earned money. The middle east and parts of south and central America are the last regions on earth that have rejected global corporatism. The ultimate agenda behind 9-11, the resulting wars and the coming wars is to open new markets for walmart, the cell phone companies, the computer makers, the software distrubuters, the burger kings and mcdonalds, the starbucks, et al. The corporate beast will not stop until every child on earth is sitting in front of a new flat screen tv, wearing nike shoes, playing video games, listening to their ipod and stuffing their faces with ding dongs, twinkies and hot pockets.

As long as we continue to feed this beast his hunger and his thirst for expansion will increase.

Correct MP, follow the money! Keep repeating to yourselves : "Corporatism is the new Fascism, Corporatism is the New Fascism".
elpuma

CORRECT!!!

Postby elpuma » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:26 pm

MASONIC PLOT wrote:The PTB behind the neo cons are the corporations that we all continue to support with our hard earned money. The middle east and parts of south and central America are the last regions on earth that have rejected global corporatism. The ultimate agenda behind 9-11, the resulting wars and the coming wars is to open new markets for walmart, the cell phone companies, the computer makers, the software distrubuters, the burger kings and mcdonalds, the starbucks, et al. The corporate beast will not stop until every child on earth is sitting in front of a new flat screen tv, wearing nike shoes, playing video games, listening to their ipod and stuffing their faces with ding dongs, twinkies and hot pockets.

Correct MP, follow the money! Keep repeating to yourselves : "Corporatism is the new Fascism, Corporatism is the New Fascism".
elpuma

Postby AlicetheKurious » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:48 pm

Gouda, that Floyd article resembles nothing so much as a "limited hang-out" debunking hit piece, complete with Shakespearian quotes, big words and a gratingly smug and condescending tone.

Maybe you had your head up your ass in the 80s and 90s, Gouda, but I didn't (I suspect I'm a bit older than you). I spent many of those years in demonstrations and writing against things like the US bombing of Libya (based on cooked "intelligence" from the Mossad), the Israeli invasion of Lebanon and the subsequent slaughter of tens of thousands of Lebanese, and the maddeningly consistent racism against and demonization of Arabs in every medium of entertainment and "news", including novels, films, tv shows, children's cartoons, you name it.

Before there was "Osama bin Laden" and "Abu Musab al Zarqawi", there was "Abu Nidal", who was marketed in all the media as the poster boy for the Palestinian cause, despite the fact that even back then, REAL Palestinian activists knew he was a Mossad agent. (I had to laugh when the ubiquitous zionist "terrorism experts" recently tried to drag that frayed false flag out of their bag of tricks, but that was before September 11 and the "shock and awe" campaign to market Osama bin Laden as the Arab/Muslim bogeyman du jour). Back then, before the internet, the wall between real Palestinians and the American public was hermetically sealed.

Paul Findley, Jesse Jackson, George Ball, Andrew Young, and so many others, stood as cautionary tales to anyone in politics who "dared to speak out" against the zionist political/media/industrial monolith. The crucial role of the Mossad was played down even when the Iran-Contra, the BCCI scandal and the Columbian drug cartel were making headlines in the U.S.

In other words, "what's in a name"? The neocons and their brothers and sisters in both political parties, embedded within the CIA, dominating influential news and entertainment media, working in highly-sensitive positions in every branch of the U.S. government and formulating policies via powerful "think-tanks", may quibble amongst each other about the finer points of political and economic theory, but all openly pledge their unlimited allegiance to the zionist state.

Since that's the part that concerns me, I couldn't care less whether they call themselves neocons or members of the Elk Brotherhood, right-wing, left-wing, or whatever, because it all boils down to Israel uber alles. Which makes them ideal foot soldiers (witting or unwitting) for an execrable criminal enterprise which has cost too many innocent lives all over the world, even in the U.S. which, besides financially supporting Israel, is one of the world's most important markets for illegal drugs.

Jeff, I think that one reason that you and so many other otherwise wide-awake people have a blind spot with regards to Israel, is that you've fallen for the big con, that Israel "represents" the Jewish people, or even that it is synonymous with the Jewish people.

I don't blame you, especially that so many Jewish people themselves have fallen for the same con.

"Israel" is and has been since its inception, a cover for a global criminal organization that includes enormous drug transfers, human trafficking, money laundering, and other criminal enterprises, protected by a network of international spies, weapons merchants and moles, all hiding in plain sight, as "supporters of Israel".

What could be a better cover for a massive criminal network? There's the added benefit that these stone criminals can mobilize the solidarity of an entire people in defense of the "Jewish state", a state whose only relationship to Jews is that it uses them to further the criminals' own ends.

The closer one looks at Israel, the more difficult it becomes to distinguish its "legitimate" activities from its criminal work. This has been true since even before it was a state, when Meyer Lansky played an enormous (though generally ignored) role in its establishment. Michael Collins Piper has written an exhaustively researched book on the Mossad/CIA/organized crime triad in "Final Judgement: the Missing Link in the JFL Assassination Conspiracy". Here's a small excerpt:

At the tender age of 27, [James Jesus] Angleton [long-time CIA Chief of Counterintelligence] -- then stationed in Rome -- was the youngest counterintelligence branch chief in the entire OSS and the only non-Briton in Italy cleared to share intelligence secrets of the top-secret Ultra program which was cracking Nazi codes. Italy, indeed, became a central point of contact for Angleton and his international intelligence connections, and particularly for his work on behalf of the state of Israel.

By 1951, Angleton was engaged in "the underground Jewish network that rand down from Eastern Europe through Italy to the ports where shiploads of immigrants were loaded for Palestine."285 It was this refugee network, according to Richard Deacon, writing in The Israeli Secret Service, a history of the Mossad, that was "paving the way for an ultimate intelligence network for the future state of Israel."286

One of Angleton's Israeli contacts in the Jewish underground in Europe, was Teddy Kollek (later to become mayor of Jerusalem). ...Kollek...was the Haganah station chief in New York during the 1947-1948 period, engaged in arms smuggling to Palestine in conjunction with Meyer Lansky and Major Louis M. Bloomfield [who] was associated was associated with not only.. Clay Shaw, but also with Tibor Rosenbaum's Banque de Credit International...

It was also during this same period that the terrorist Menachem Begin (who later became prime minister of Israel) was coordinating Israel's Irgun operations in Europe...Begin was also operating in the United States in conjunction with a key figure in the Lansky Crime Syndicate in joint efforts on behalf of Israel...

Through an aide, Stephen Millet, who was the counterintelligence officer who handled the Israeli desk for Angleton, the CIA spymaster was maintaining close links with the criminal underworld in Italy and France.

For details on the activities of Angleton and his Lansky-linked organized crime associates, we turn to the work of Robert I. Friedman. In his biography of militant New York-born Rabbi Meyer Kahane (later a member of the Israeli parliament), we learn that it was [AFL-CIO's International Affairs Dept head Jay] Lovestone who provided Kahane and his closest associate and fellow rabbi, Dr. Joseph Churba, with financing and support. (Lansky, himself, ...was a contributor to Kahane's later activities in support of Israel). In the 1960's Churba and Kahane functioned as CIA assets in churning up Jewish support -- and otherwise -- for the war in Vietnam, a venture...which proved fruitful for not only the CIA, but its allies in Israel and their allies in the Lansky Syndicate.

...Prior to the Allied invasion of Sicily in the Second World War, the OSS established contacts with the Cicilian Mafia through the same Lucky Luciano who allowed [the Jewish underground] to smuggle weapons from Hoboken to the Irgun in Palestine. The Sicilian Mafia provided intelligence on the Germans, and after the war assassinated hundreds of Italian left-wing political activists."289

(pp. 103-104)

During the criminal trial in 1970 of one of Lansky's Florida lieutenants, Alvin Malnik, it was publicly revealed that one of the key money laundering channels for the illegal proceeds of Lansky's narcotics, vice and gambling rackets was BCI, the brainchild of the Israeli Mossad's former Director-General for Finance and Supply, Tibor Rosenbaum.

Rosenbaum's BCI received its Lansky Crime Syndicate cash flow mainly through the Lansky-controlled Bank of World Commerce in Nassau, Bahamas. The middleman was a young Swiss, Sylvain Ferdmann, a courier for Lansky.

Rosenbaum..had emerged as a major money launderer for Lansky's global drug-trafficking. Millions in small bills were transferred from Lansky's casinos, often masked as Israeli Bond sales and contributions to Jewish philanthropies through BCI and IOS. (Banque de Credit International and Investor's Overseas Service).

(p. 119)

Are the neocons patsies? Hell, no! What kind of patsie gleefully contemplates the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people for fun and profit? And is rewarded with accolades and tv coverage and column inches to spew their hatred in? Some patsie.

For a revealing example of the true relationship between those global criminals and "the Jews", this one is priceless:

Hassidic link to drugs barons

Ultra Orthodox US Jews accused of 'cleaning' Colombian coke cartel cash

Ed Vulliamy in New York
Sunday November 10, 2002
The Observer

British and American drug-busting authorities claim to have smashed one of the most bizarre money-laundering services ever operated for Colombian cocaine cartels: a circle of ultra-religious Hassidic Jews in New York.

The ring is said to be one of the biggest to be 'cleaning' profits amassed by the Colombian coke barons, with the strange twist that it is run by a group from the Jewish community that acts as moral and spiritual guardian of the Orthodox faith.

This is not the first time the Hassidim have been exposed as involved in the big-time drug trade. Last year, the trial ended of a circle run by Sean Erez, a Hassidic who oversaw a massive ecstasy smuggling operation, drawing recruits from the young Orthodox community.

In that case, the drug was smuggled in boxes worn either under traditional Hassidic hats or next to the heart, intended to contain prayer scrolls, or else packed into white athletic socks.

The latest case was unveiled in papers prepared by Manhattan district attorney James Comey, beginning with the arrival from Madrid of suspect Avraham Zaltzman at Heathrow Airport in April.

Zaltzman, under surveillance by the FBI, was stopped by British Customs agents after a tip-off, and found to have $460,000 concealed in his vest. He and another Hassidic orthodox, Aaron Bornstein, were arrested last week, but sources at the Manhattan District Attorney's office told The Observer that a ringleader is still being sought and that the case may go far wider and deeper than the $1.7 billion Zaltzman and Bornstein are accused of laundering.

A warrant is out for the arrest of a third man, Akiva Apter, who remains a fugitive and who sources say might prove to be one of the most important 'cleaners' of drug profits in America.

The money so far traced was laundered after a series of secret meetings between Zaltzman, Bornstein and two other men with leaders of the Colombian cartels, in midtown Manhattan, Miami and Madrid - the latter two being traditional ports of entry for Colombian cocaine into the US and Europe respectively.

According to the DA's papers, the suspects were brazen in their depositing of money: up to $500,000 would be banked in cash at a time. Zaltzman is said to have bragged on wiretaps that he could 'pick up money anywhere and wire it anywhere', according to an FBI affidavit.

To the outside world, Zaltzman is a part-time printer and Bornstein an interior designer in the strictly religious and observant orthodox community of Borough Park, Brooklyn. Zaltzman spends half his year in Israel.

But their pious working life was blown open when investigators recruited one of the ring, who spoke both Yiddish and Spanish, as an informant. The mole recorded hundreds of hours during more than 400 telephone conversations with his partners.

The mole often travelled to Miami, where he would organise the movement of money from drug sales back to Colombia through apparently legal channels.

At their arraignment last week, both men were supported by a small crowd of Hassidim in the public gallery. The audience declined to talk about their friends and co-religionists.

Zaltzman was jailed pending a bail hearing and asked the court for a prayer shawl and book while behind bars. Zaltzman and Bornstein have yet to file their pleas.

The ecstasy smuggling case last year, along with other Hassidic involvements in the drug trade, sent shock waves through the orthodox community, which this case will echo.

Erez, a Canadian-Israeli with US residence, recruited young Hassidim to smuggle what they were initially told were diamonds from Amsterdam. Hundreds of thousands of pills and grams of pure MDMA (the active ingredient in ecstasy) were brought in. Arrests of dealers from California to Houston were sourced back to the Hassidic ring. During any single week between 1998 and 1999, Erez had three couriers crossing the Atlantic between New York and the Netherlands.

Sometimes, the evidence had a tragicomic edge. Wiretaps showed smugglers reluctant to take flights on the Sabbath and one of Erez's agents was picked up in Montreal with a suitcase full of ecstasy because she had refused to take the bus to New York on a Saturday.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/internat ... 38,00.html[/color]
AlicetheKurious

Postby stoneonstone » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:12 pm

Two things I find a bit disconcerting about some of this thread. The first is the Jewish conspiracy stuff; you know, there are useful idiots in all camps. Get past that.

The second lurks in the quote above...which is that uber consumerism is the goal.

Fascism has always been about corporatism. No change...just the restarting of the band.

And the end is the same - the power, glory, mania and greed of some, who are determined to enslave and murder almost all of us.

End game. Simple.

What we are trying to biopsy here is the why. I've always felt that Jeff was right about poking the blood & semen and...well, creepy interdimensionality...of something that likes to intertwine with human history. It goes FAR beyond a generation or two, or a religious or 'ethnic' bogeyman or two.

Jeff I think is tired from peering behind the cosmic curtain, and I do think that is a huge sucking hole.

There is bone-grinding, boot-in-your-face, severe your testes-and-stuff-it-in-your-mouth evil out there. What it is, well, is the ultimate puzzle.

Or so I tend of late.

Cheers,
GH
stoneonstone

Next

Return to General Discussion