Bob Dylan a false prophet, says Pope Ratzinger

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bob Dylan a false prophet, says Pope Ratzinger

Postby judasdisney » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:17 am

Pope Vs. Dylan

Subtext: Everything that is not slavishly pro-Jesus is secular and thus anti-Christ and unholy.

Subtext: The 1960s are still the problem. (Subtext: Put those Negroes and women and youth back in their place).

Into the wilderness. The Dark Age of the demon-haunted world lies ahead.
judasdisney

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby judasdisney » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:37 am

From another recent article, "Pope Warned Of Green Antichrist", a juicy tidbit:

An arch-conservative cardinal chosen by the Pope to deliver this year’s Lenten meditations to the Vatican hierarchy has caused consternation by giving warning of an Antichrist who is “a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist”... Cardinal Biffi said that the Antichrist was not necessarily a person but “the reduction of Christianity to an ideology"

Don't cry. Don't raise your eye. It's only Neocon Hypocrisy Wasteland.
judasdisney

Postby AlicetheKurious » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:54 am

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mathew 24:11 & 12
AlicetheKurious

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:48 am

Beware of those enviromentalist anti-war pacifist types. Bad, bad people!!

:roll:

The only anti-christ I see is...well...you get the idea.

MASONIC PLOT

Postby kermujin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Well, everything else aside, that's probably all the endorsement *I* need. :)
kermujin

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:30 pm

stickdog99

Anti-Christ

Postby Silverfox » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:16 am

Christ's message was that each person is inherently good and an individualized portion of the divine, yet from the very beginning all the vast social structures built by Christianity, primarily in the guise of the Roman Catholic Church, were all based on man's "sinful" nature. If the so-called Christian Church believes in anything clearly that's at the top of their list and they haven't gotten done with it for nearly two thousand years.

To this very day nothing has ever been attempted to support the precept that Christ put forward and was the basis for all His teachings. Sadly enough there are no genuine organizations or structures that might allow humans to become good or obtain the goodness that Christ quite clearly percieved all humans possess.

And the flipside to that? Evolutionsists who tell us we're completely amoral no matter what we do because anything goes for survival's sake.

Now neither of those views allows or expects us to act rationally or altruistcally in any consistent fashion. Of course it rarely occurs to anyone that we can hardly do that if we believe we're automatically born degraded or our basic nature is so flawed that it's "uncharacteristic" for us to do it.

It's the same self-fullfulling prophesy on both sides and to no one's benefit but those who maintain their own power and status by promoting it every and any way they can.

We do not have to live or bend our minds or conscience to live between such a thoroughly conrived rock and a hard place or allow ourselves to believe there are but two utterly futile options for us to choose from. There is really only one futile choice on the table and quite frankly anything else we might think of or dream up for ourselves is better.

All Christ wanted was for us to see that there's good in us and to believe in that goodness, and by believing in it believe in ourselves and each other, the way we should. Maybe we could give that a whirl while we're about it?
Fondest Regards From the Fox
Silverfox

Moved for the purpose of Clarity

Postby MinM » Sat May 29, 2010 9:18 am

justdrew wrote:

The Phil Ochs Question - The Education Forum
Dylan and Oswald

Bob Dylan and the NECLC

BOB DYLAN'S REMARKS AT THE BILL OF RIGHTS DINNER
at the Americana Hotel on 12/13/63

"I haven't got any guitar, I can talk though. I want to thank you for the Tom Paine award in behalf everybody that went down to Cuba. First of all because they're all young and it's took me a long time to get young and now I consider myself young. And I'm proud of it. I'm proud that I'm young. And I only wish that all you people who are sitting out here today or tonight weren't here and I could see all kinds of faces with hair on their head - and everything like that, everything leading to youngness, celebrating the anniversary when we overthrew the House Un-American Activities just yesterday...

And they talk about Negroes, and they talk about black and white. And they talk about colors of red and blue and yellow. Man, I just don't see any colors at all when I look out. I don't see any colors at all and if people have taught through the years to look at colors - I've read history books, I've never seen one history book that tells how anybody feels. I've found facts about our history, I've found out what people know about what goes on but I never found anything about anybody feels about anything happens. It's all just plain facts. And it don't help me one little bit to look back.

I want to accept this award, the Tom Paine Award, from the Emergency Civil Liberties Committee. I want to accept it in my name but I'm not really accepting it in my name and I'm not accepting it in any kind of group's name, any Negro group or any other kind of group. There are Negroes - I was on the march on Washington up on the platform and I looked around at all the Negroes there and I didn't see any Negroes that looked like none of my friends. My friends don't wear suits. My friends don't have to wear suits. My friends don't have to wear any kind of thing to prove that they're respectable Negroes. My friends are my friends, and they're kind, gentle people if they're my friends. And I'm not going to try to push nothing over.

So, I accept this reward - not reward, (Laughter) award in behalf of Phillip Luce who led the group to Cuba which all people should go down to Cuba. I don't see why anybody can't go to Cuba. I don't see what's going to hurt by going any place. I don't know what's going to hurt anybody's eyes to see anything. On the other hand, Phillip is a friend of mine who went to Cuba. I'll stand up and to get uncompromisable about it, which I have to be to be honest, I just got to be, as I got to admit that the man who shot President Kennedy, Lee Oswald, I don't know exactly where —what he thought he was doing, but I got to admit honestly that I too - I saw some of myself in him. I don't think it would have gone - I don't think it could go that far. But I got to stand up and say I saw things that he felt, in me - not to go that far and shoot. (Boos and hisses) You can boo but booing's got nothing to do with it. It's a - I just a - I've got to tell you, man, it's Bill of Rights is free speech and I just want to admit that I accept this Tom Paine Award in behalf of James Forman of the Students Non-Violent Coordinating Committee and on behalf of the people who went to Cuba. (Boos and Applause)"

December 19, 1963

Phil Ochs - The Education Forum
Bob Dylan is 'a plagiarist', claims Joni Mitchell | Music | guardian.co.uk
"But let's begin with Dylan. Mitchell was speaking to the LA Times as part of a joint interview with performance artist John Kelly, who has performed Mitchell's songs in drag. The Times interviewer referred to Old Nasal Voice in passing, citing his name-change from Robert Zimmerman to Bob Dylan. (Mitchell also abandoned her birth name, Roberta Joan Anderson.) Mitchell launched into an unprovoked assault. "We are like night and day, he and I," she scoffed. "Bob is not authentic at all. He's a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception." ...

Swans Commentary: Bob Dylan's "Chronicles Volume One." by Louis Proyect - lproy29
Dave Marsh: A Direction Home

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - Joni Mitchell- Morgellons victim
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: Bob Dylan a false prophet, says Pope Ratzinger

Postby Jeff » Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah, Ratzinger would say that.

You know, the streets are filled with vipers
Who’ve lost all ray of hope
You know, it ain’t even safe no more
In the palace of the Pope

Jeff
Site Admin

Dylan's mea culpa

Postby MinM » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 am

The Phil Ochs Question - The Education Forum
A MESSAGE

from Bob Dylan

(Sent to the Emergency Civil Liberties Committee
after he received the Tom Paine Award at the
Bill of Rights dinner on December 13, 1963.
)

like an artist who puts his painting (after
he's painted it) in front of thousands of unknown
eyes, I also put my song there that way
(after I've made it)
it is as easy an as simple as that

I can not speak. I can not talk
I can only write an I can only sing
perhaps I should've sung a song
but that wouldn't a been right either
for I was given an award not to sing
but rather on what I have sung

no what I should've said was
"thank you very much ladies an gentlemen"
yes that is what I should've said
but unfortunatly... I didn't
an I didn't because I did not know...

when I spoke of Lee Oswald, I was speakin of the times
I was not speakin of his deed if it was his deed

Earth-704509
MinM

Dylan works around China’s bosses?

Postby MinM » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Is there anyone in American popular culture who intrigues and frustrates journalists of a certain age — the Baby Boomer elites — than Bob Dylan? The man is a walking history book, when you combine the landmark events in his life with the confusing but gripping map that is his canon of songwriting.

That’s why it is big news when agrees to take his road tour that never ends to Beijing, where the Communist authorities insisted that he play by their rules when picking songs for his set list. Now there’s a tug of war could have been an amazing subject for musical, cultural, political and, yes, theological commentary, in large part since this man’s songs many-layered songs are packed with subtle themes as well as baseball-bat-to-the-head commentary...

http://www.getreligion.org/2011/04/dyla ... as-bosses/
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Jeff » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Beijing, China
Workers Gymnasium

April 6, 2011

1. Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
2. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
3. Beyond Here Lies Nothin' (Bob on guitar, Donnie on trumpet)
4. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
5. Honest With Me (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
6. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
7. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
8. Love Sick (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin)
9. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on keyboard)
10. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin)
11. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on center stage on harp then keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
12. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard and harp, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on lap steel)
(1st encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel)
16. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard then guitar, Donnie on lap steel)
(2nd encore)
17. Forever Young (Bob on keyboard and harp, Donnie on pedal steel)

http://www.boblinks.com/040611s.html

Shanghai, China
Grand Stage

April 8, 2011

1. Gonna Change My Way Of Thinking (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin, Stu on acoustic guitar)
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob on guitar, Donnie on lap steel, Stu on acoustic guitar, Tony on standup bass)
3. Things Have Changed (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
4. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
5. Honest With Me (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
6. Simple Twist Of Fate (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
7. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bob on guitar, Donnie on pedal steel)
8. Blind Willie McTell (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on banjo, Stu on acoustic guitar)
9. The Levee's Gonna Break (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin, Tony on standup bass)
10. Desolation Row (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin, Stu on acoustic guitar, Tony on standup bass)
11. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel)
12. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on lap steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage on harp, Donnie on lap steel)
(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on pedal steel)
16. Forever Young (Bob on keyboard then center stage on harp, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)

http://www.boblinks.com/040811s.html

So much oppression, can’t keep track of it no more
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Laodicean » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby RocketMan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 pm

This is the one song that's been on heavy rotation in my household of one recently. I watched John from Cincinnati's one solitary season (mostly quality stuff, check it out) and it had an amazing sequence set to this song. And it was an outtake!

And the cards are no good that you’re holding
Unless they’re from another world

Not a prophet? Sure he is.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby vanlose kid » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Long Time Gone

My parents raised me tenderly
I was their only son
My mind got mixed with ramblin’
When I was all so young
And I left my home the first time
When I was twelve and one
I’m a long time a-comin’, Maw
An’ I’ll be a long time gone

On the western side of Texas
On the Texas plains
I tried to find a job o’ work
But they said l’s young of age
My eyes they burned when I heard
“Go home where you belong!”
I’m a long time a-comin’

I remember when I’s ramblin’
Around with the carnival trains
Different towns, different people
Somehow they’re all the same
I remember children’s faces best
I remember travelin’ on
I’m a long time a-comin’
I’ll be a long time gone

I once loved a fair young maid
An’ I ain’t too big to tell
If she broke my heart a single time
She broke it ten or twelve
I walked and talked all by myself
I did not tell no one
I’m a long time a-comin’, babe

Many times by the highwayside
I tried to flag a ride
With bloodshot eyes and gritting teeth
I’d watch the cars roll by
The empty air hung in my head
I’s thinkin’ all day long
I’m a long time a-comin’
I’ll be a long time gone

You might see me on your crossroads
When I’m a-passin’ through
Remember me how you wished to
As I’m a-driftin’ from your view
I ain’t got the time to think about it
I got too much to get done
Well, I’m a long time comin’

If I can’t help somebody
With a word or song
If I can’t show somebody
They are travelin’ wrong
But I know I ain’t no prophet
An’ I ain’t no prophet’s son
I’m just a long time a-comin’

So you can have your beauty
It’s skin deep and it only lies
And you can have your youth
It’ll rot before your eyes
Just give to me my gravestone
With it clearly carved upon:
“I’s a long time a-comin’
An’ I’ll be a long time gone”

Copyright ©1963, 1968 by Warner Bros. Inc.; renewed 1991, 1996 by Special Rider Music

"If you examine the songs I don't believe you're going to find anything in there that says that I'm a spokesman for anybody or anything."

"I never wanted to be a prophet or a saviour. Elvis maybe. I could see myself becoming him. But prophet? No."

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Next

Return to General Discussion