BBC: UK file says Entebbe 1976 was Israeli false-flag op.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

BBC: UK file says Entebbe 1976 was Israeli false-flag op.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:07 pm

A while ago I posted that there was something covert behind the recent movie about Idi Amin called 'The Last King of Scotland' and it probably had to do with Entebbe and the Scotsman replacing Blair due to a NYTimes hit piece on Mr. Brown.

Turns out I was atleast partly right. The UK movie released 1/12/07 portrays the 1976 hijackers as all Arabs, popular villains of today.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455590/
The Last King of Scotland
Release Date:
12 January 2007 (UK)

Six months later the BBC now reports that a recently released UK file suggests that Entebbe was an Israeli false-flag op meant to alienate Americans from the PLO.

Are the Brits hinting at some other false-flag op in the US, 9/11 or perhaps a new one cooked up to blame Iran or merely deflecting away from their own?

(Keep watching those movies. They are used for pre-conditioning and innoculation against soon-to-arrive information the government doesn't want you to notice when it comes around. And you know what kind of hijacking I'm usually pointing at, 'keyword.')

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6710289.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 1 June 2007, 00:05 GMT 01:05 UK

Israel hijack role 'was queried'
By Dan Parkinson
BBC News

Idi Amin was thought to have colluded with the hijackers

It has been seen as a daring raid by crack Israeli troops to rescue dozens of their countrymen held at the mercy of hijackers.

But newly released documents contain a claim that the 1976 rescue of hostages, kidnapped on an Air France flight and held in Entebbe in Uganda, was not all it seemed.

A UK government file on the crisis, released from the National Archives, contains a claim that Israel itself was behind the hijacking.

An unnamed contact told a British diplomat in Paris that the Israeli Secret Service, the Shin Bet, and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) collaborated to seize the plane.

The flight was seized shortly after it took off from Athens and was flown to Entebbe, where 98 people were held hostage, many of them Israeli citizens.

Ugandans killed

Israeli commandos brought the crisis to an end, storming the airport and overpowering the seven hijackers and about 80 Ugandan soldiers in a 36-minute battle.

Two Israeli civilian hostages died in the shooting, and a third died later in a Nairobi hospital. One officer commanding the raiders was killed by shooting from the airport tower.

Ugandan President Idi Amin claimed the troops killed 20 Ugandan servicemen as well as all the hijackers.

The hijackers demands included a list of countries that should release Palestinians or others fighting for the Palestinian cause.

In the document, written on 30 June 1976 when the crisis was still unresolved, DH Colvin of the Paris Embassy writes of his source: "According to his information, the hijack was the work of the PFLP, with help from the Israeli Secret Service, the Shin Beit.

"The operation was designed to torpedo the PLO's standing in France and to prevent what they see as a growing rapprochement between the PLO and the Americans."

The hostages were held at Entebbe Airport

He adds: "My contact said the PFLP had attracted all sorts of wild elements, some of whom had been planted by the Israelis."

The documents also reveal that the British government debated whether or not to praise the Israeli raid after its completion.

It was decided in the days after the raid that it was not clear whether the Israeli offensive was justified under international law.

One document in the file reads: "The Israelis have been critical of the fact that the prime minister did not send a personal message of congratulations to Mr Rabin and that our public statement fell short of endorsement of the Israeli action at Entebbe."

The file also contains correspondence from UK citizens to the government expressing concern that the government had not expressed support for the Israelis.

'Collusion'

One letter reads: "I am writing to find out our policy towards terrorism. I find it deplorable that there was not a statement made congratulating Israel on the successful rescue."

But in a document dated 9 July an official cautions against such a statement because there is likely to be "no internationally agreed view about the legality of the Israeli action".

The document says the legality of it would depend on whether or not the Ugandans had helped the kidnappers.

In a draft document included in the file an official says it appears Idi Amin did collude with the hijackers.

It reads: "On balance it seems that there was a culpable degree of collusion between President Amin and the hijackers, and that the president's attitude made it much easier for the hijackers to persist in their demands."

The file does not make it clear how seriously the government took the claim that Israel also may have aided the hijackers.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Athens.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 am

The flight was seized shortly after it took off from Athens

Interesting thing about Athens around this time, the CIA's Chief of Station, Richard Welch, had been murdered on 12/23/75 and this was used to shut down the Church Senate Committee Hearings on CIA abuses back in the US.

The CIA was able to say "see what happens when you expose us?" and Congress backed away from investigations. GHWBush was sworn in as the new CIA Director in January 1976 and the rogue elephant returned to its rogue business unfettered by oversight and accountability.

I haven't read anywhere that this murder was itself a false-flag op used to halt the Church Committee grilling of the CIA but there are three things that reinforce this possibilty besides the fact that it worked -
>precedent in 1948 involving Colby
>something David Atlee Phillips said to Victor Marchetti just before Richard Welch's murder
>the 2002 arrest of Welch's alleged murderer.

1) Foreshadowing from David Atlee Phillips.

In Angus Mackenzie's 1997 book about Operation CHAOS called 'Secrets: The CIA's War At Home' he tells us that three former intelligence men had been publishing a magazine that exposed CIA ops called 'CounterSpy' since March, 1973 and ex-CIA Victor Marchetti was involved.

To counter this group and the Senate hearings David Atlee Phillips formed the Association of Retired Intelligence Officers in 1975 to do public PR.
On page 65 Mackenzie writes based on an interview with Marchetti:
Phillips also operated behind the scenes. He told Marchetti, whose name was on the CounterSpy masthead, "Get your name off. We're going to land on them."
Marchetti respected the CIA's power and took the warning to heart. He withdrew from the magazine and talked others into leaving with him.

2) Precedent. 1948.

In John Prados' 2003 book about CIA Director William Colby called 'Lost Crusader' he tells us on pages 39-40 of an incident in May of 1948 in Greece. A CBS correspondent named George Polk was murdered and a group of disinguished journalists led by Walter Lippman formed a group called Overseas Writers Special Committee to Inquire into the Murder of George Polk to hire William Donovan to investigate the matter.
William Colby was Donovan's point man for the case back in the US.

Investigation revealed that the Greek communists were not capable of the logistics of the hit and right wing British and American assets might be involved. A local communist was framed up and Walter Lippman's group would never be told what Donovan's investigator found out about Polk's murder.

Polk's widow went to the US where Colby and his wife took her in much the way the Paine's of Dallas took in the Oswalds.

3) The July 2002 arrest of Welch's alleged murder.

Also from Prados' 2003 book on William Colby on page 329 is the fact that almost 26 years afterward, in July 2002, the Greek authorities arrested Pavlos Serifis, the November 17 (group name) member alleged to have murdered Welch.

This rather late arrest appears to be theater precipitated by the imminent publishing of Prados' book about William Colby a few months later. No doubt the CIA was aware of Prados' book and his interviews with former intelligence operatives.
Maybe it is never too late to nab a patsy.

So...
27 years after Polk's murder now-CIA Director William Colby is dumping the family jewels out for the Church Commitee and a murder in Greece stops it. Did Colby use Polk's 1948 murder he was so intimately involved in covering up as the inspiration for Welch's murder on 12/23/75? Did someone else remember it for him with the message being that both journalists and CIA men were expendable?

Means, motive, opportunity, precedent, belated cover-up. Yes, it fits.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Sweejak » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:26 am

Like the young British doctor in 'The Last King of Scotland', Richard Dowden was living in Uganda when Idi Amin seized power. But he says the film is wrong to blame the UK for the coup that brought the tyrant to power

If the British did have a hand in the events of 25 January 1971, the plotters neglected to tell the British high commissioner in Kampala, Richard Slater. Foreign Office telegrams reveal a man shocked and confused at reports of shooting in the streets. As the day rolls on, Slater reports that the man who knows all about the coup is Colonel Bar-Lev, the Israeli defence attaché - the ambassador was away. Quoting Bar-Lev as the source, Slater reports: "In the course of last night, General Amin caused to be arrested all officers in the armed forces sympathetic to Obote ... Amin is now firmly in control of all elements of [the] army ... the Israeli defence attaché discounts any possibility of moves against Amin."

In the following days, the Israelis take the lead. Bar-Lev is in constant contact with Amin. Slater tells London that Bar-Lev has explained to him "in considerable detail [how] ... all potential foci of resistance, both up-country and in Kampala, had been eliminated." How does he know this? The Uganda military radio network had been provided by the Israelis. Soon afterwards, Amin made his first trip as president - to Israel.

At the time of the coup, Slater had recently declared that Amin had "just enough intelligence to realise he couldn't run the country".

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/afr ... 157346.ece

Amin ended up in Saudi Arabia, died in August 2003.

... He was flown on the Queen’s flight in July 1971 from London to Edinburgh, to attend the beating of the retreat at the Castle by the pipes and drums of the King’s Own Scottish Borderers.

"I like Scots best because they are the best fighters in Britain and do not practise discrimination," said the former NCO, who made himself a field marshal and awarded himself the Victorious Cross and a CBE (Conqueror of the British Empire).

http://tinyurl.com/2qdkx5

The raid was led by Lt. Col. Yonatan Netanyahu, brother of Benjamin Netanyahu. Yonatan was killed during the battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonatan_Netanyahu
Sweejak

Re: BBC: UK file says Entebbe 1976 was Israeli false-flag op

Postby zuestorz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote: . . .
(Keep watching those movies. They are used for pre-conditioning and innoculation against soon-to-arrive information the government doesn't want you to notice when it comes around. And you know what kind of hijacking I'm usually pointing at, 'keyword.') . . .

What a fascinating possibility!

BTW, that statement about the role of feature films should not be underestimated!

For example, we only have to look at the Burt Lancaster movie Seven Days In May to anticipate one of the key themes now detailed in Talbot's recent book ' Brothers '. Or indeed, look at the film Manchurian Candidate and its relationship to the 'patsy' in the assassination of one or both of the Kennedys. Why, even the films themselves can be the 'false flags'. Oliver Stone's JFK could easily fall into that category. Whilst for myself I have to remark on the evident 'demonization' of the Persians in 300 as a conditioning tool for the general public. (I hate it when history is reduced to comic strip proportions.)

None of that should be surprising, it has long been known that feature films speak to millions on a subliminal level, especially the young.
zuestorz

Postby pepsified thinker » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks HMW--

It's posts like yours, with the kind of info you're giving, that make discussions here at RI so worth-while.

but in addition to applause, let me add question--the movie 'Lord of War'. Seems like a prime candidate for what you're talking about--but what's was it covering for? A particular person or situation?

And I don't mean this as a challenge to what you're saying, but how does the time involved in producing a movie figure into things? I'm guessing that limits the way movies can be used. Interested in your thoughts on that.
"we must cultivate our garden"
--Voltaire
pepsified thinker

Postby monster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:18 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:(Keep watching those movies. They are used for pre-conditioning and innoculation against soon-to-arrive information the government doesn't want you to notice when it comes around. And you know what kind of hijacking I'm usually pointing at, 'keyword.')

Maybe television shows also, there was one on TV the other night, the plot of which was two guys set up as patsies for a terrorist bombing, and it was implied that they were set up by CIA/DHS. I couldn't believe something like this was on ABC. It was pretty cool.
monster

Postby MinM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:12 am

monster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:18 am wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:(Keep watching those movies. They are used for pre-conditioning and innoculation against soon-to-arrive information the government doesn't want you to notice when it comes around. And you know what kind of hijacking I'm usually pointing at, 'keyword.')

Maybe television shows also, there was one on TV the other night, the plot of which was two guys set up as patsies for a terrorist bombing, and it was implied that they were set up by CIA/DHS. I couldn't believe something like this was on ABC. It was pretty cool.

From the producers of Homeland...
THR International ‏@THRGlobal: France's CanalPlus Acquires Israeli Drama Getting U.S. Remake for Fox http://goo.gl/oCeBoZ

False Flag!

keywords: meme-reversal, counter-propaganda, inoculation
Earth-704509
MinM

Re:

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:22 pm

pepsified thinker » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:39 pm wrote:
but in addition to applause, let me add question--the movie 'Lord of War'. Seems like a prime candidate for what you're talking about--but what's was it covering for? A particular person or situation?

Lord of War came out in 2005, Viktor Bout was arrested in Thailand three years later. I don't think a single English language story covering his trial didn't mention the film.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby MinM » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Sweejak » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:26 am wrote:The raid was led by Lt. Col. Yonatan Netanyahu, brother of Benjamin Netanyahu. Yonatan was killed during the battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonatan_Netanyahu

Bibi himself took part in a raid to end a hijacking. According to Frontline he was injured during the raid when one of his men accidentally shot him in his hand.
@frontlinepbs Jan 5

Netanyahu lagged in the '96 Israeli election polls — until Palestinians bombed a Jerusalem bus. #NetanyahuAtWar

@frontlinepbs Jan 5

In his 20s, #Netanyahu was a military man in the "fabled unit" that gunned down Palestinian hijackers of Sabena Flight 571 #NetanyahuAtWar

@stevecutsdocs Jan 5

this is a scene right out of Mission Impossible #netanyahuatwar @frontlinepbs

@PTaddonio Jan 4

Netanyahu, Rabin & the assassination that shook history: a powerful excerpt from tomorrow's new @frontlinepbs doc http://to.pbs.org/1INlgD1

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:23 am

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby MinM » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Electronic Intifada‏ @intifada

Israeli soldiers disguised as Palestinians harass students on US campus http://bit.ly/2roTy85

MinM » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:31 am wrote:
Do you remember five men being arrested by NYPD on 9-11 for filming and celebrating the attacks?

I cringe every time I see a, "9-11 Never Forget," bumper sticker, t-shirt, or beer coozie. I sigh and say to myself, "How can you never forget what you never knew?"

There are many conspiracy theories surrounding 9-11, but this article focuses on just one conspiracy fact. The FBI released the, "Five Dancing Israelis," that were arrested by the NYPD on 9-11 for filming and celebrating the attacks on the WTC and driving around in a van that tested positive for explosives. These were admitted Mossad agents working undercover in the USA.

Here is an interesting exercise that I invite all zerohedge readers to try. The next several times that you engage someone in a conversation, preferably a politician running for office, ask the following questions.

Do you remember anything about five Middle Eastern men being arrested by the NYPD on 9-11 for filming and celebrating the attacks on the WTC and driving around Manhattan in a van that tested positive for explosives...these were admitted foreign intelligence agents working undercover in the USA?

In asking this question dozens of times, most recently in a conversation with two rabbis at one of the five Holocaust Museums in Texas, I have personally never, not once, had a person answer yes.

However, if they do answer yes to you, then ask if they recall what nation the men were from. I would be shocked to hear any American say, "Israel."

If they answer no, tell them they were Israeli Mossad agents, and ask if that helps them to remember.

Again, I have never had anyone say that they knew anything about what I was talking about. Not once, not in any city, nor in any state of the USA. If the conversation does continue, what I do hear, almost exclusively, is utter disbelief that what I am saying is true.

But it is true.

Now, consider that since 9-11, the USA has invaded and occupied what was once the sovereign nation of Afghanistan for almost 15 years and counting, allegedly due to the role it played in 9-11. We have spent billions upon billions of dollars and killed tens of thousands of people, if not hundreds of thousands, in this war effort.

I hear that more US soldiers serving in Afghanistan now die from suicide than are killed by the Afghanis, in what is now the longest war in American history. Yet, we are now in our third Presidential election in the USA since 9-11 and the occupation of Afghanistan, and the candidates aren't talking about any of this, and the Fourth Estate sure as hell isn't asking any questions.

Why?

Don't you want to know how the Presidential candidates feel about the fact that the FBI released the Five Dancing Israelis? What about your congressmen and senators? Don't you want to know how our nation can imprison Afghanis in Guantanamo Bay, without trial, and torture them for information regarding 9-11...for more than a decade...yet the FBI released the Five Dancing Israelis to fly back to Israel and do television interviews.

If our politicians respond with disbelief, like everyone else I have ever asked, then what does that tell us?

If nobody from the Fourth Estate ever asks them these questions, then what does that tell us?

If you are afraid to engage people with this type of conversation, then please read my article: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-0 ... lutionar...

Never forget: War is a racket!

Peace!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-0 ... ing-attack

Good point about how the correlation between ongoing wars and 9/11 is no longer debated. Perhaps when 60 some years have passed it can be brought back up...
@jeremyscahill 11 hours ago

Has the 1954 overthrow of Jacobo Arbenz's government by the CIA ever been mentioned in a presidential debate before?
@jeremyscahill Nixon 1960. "We can do what we did w/ Guatemala."

viewtopic.php?p=638323#p638323
Earth-704509
MinM

Warm Beer

Postby MinM » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

@haaretzcom Jun 17

Otto Warmbier, American freed from North Korea, visited Israel, had ties to Jewish community

They are building quite the elaborate back-story in order to cover up the Israeli spying: tweet (Alex Griswold) (secret society initiation stunt!):

"Larry Wilmore: "It’s just tough for me to have much sympathy for this guy and his crocodile tears.""

http://xymphora.blogspot.com/2017/06/warm-beer.html
MinM

Return to General Discussion