The official new members and lurkers thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The official new members and lurkers thread

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

a belated welcome to The National Security Agency :wave:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby psynapz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

seemslikeadream » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:05 am wrote:a belated welcome to The National Security Agency :wave:

“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby tapitsbo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Been lurking for some time here, the archives are fascinating and I love seeing the different phases the discussion has gone through. It's hard to know where to jump in though!
tapitsbo

Postby justdrew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:48 pm

tapitsbo » 17 Jun 2013 17:32 wrote:Been lurking for some time here, the archives are fascinating and I love seeing the different phases the discussion has gone through. It's hard to know where to jump in though!

wherever you are is fine! feel free to post anywhere, even just a link to some interesting related story.

welcome o/
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby worldsastage » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 pm

I finally decided to take the plunge and post after a long time.
Whew....!

Been mostly a lurker who is very shy about forum participation given that I was in a cult for most of the time I've been lurking. The cult didn't think too highly of Jeff so I was being rebellious by reading. I've since left the cult and have been working through things, rebuilding my life. Thank the goddess or god or whatever force of good there is. It was painful as hell but I know it's nothing compared to what a lot of people go through in daily life.

There's a thread or two on the cult that will remain unnamed for now. Those threads have been instrumental in helping me to see some things that I was feeling and yes, seeing but refused to believe. Still, it took a loooong time to act upon the desire to leave. I signed up to the forum several years after I found the blog. I've made a few posts here and there but have been mostly too scared to participate in a consistent manner.

I have felt guilty for reading the posts here for years without contributing to the discussion.
Given the state of things, and that I am no longer under the direct control of the cult, I had to ask myself what's really keeping me from posting. I dragged out the old username I signed up under and figured why not jump right in again.

So......I'm here.....

Dunno how much I will participate. Sometimes the irrational fears get the better me but the intent is there to participate in a sincere and honest manner.

Jeff, you may not know how valuable this forum is to an often confused, idealistic yet fearful being with very little confidence. It is better than all the gold and platinum and diamonds etc. BTW, loved your book!

Congratulations PW! moderator status could not happened to a more qualified person. I miss Hugh, though reading his posts at times infuriated me. I miss Alice too. C2W glad your suspension was brief, you have no idea how much I look forward to your posts. I also look forward to posts from 4thbase, JackRiddler, 82_28, AD, Bruce Daz, Wombaticus and others too many to list. In some ways you all remind me of me before my cult experience and chronic depression. Speaking of which, I owe a huge thanks to you all for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings and creativity through this medium. Every single one of your words-even the ones I disagree with or find frustrating- have inspired me to stick around despite the cesspool of our civilization and recurring desire check out permanently. I know checking out won't change the world situation and will only hurt those who care about me. So Thanks y'all.

l think I'm supposed to tell a little about me. I'm in academia at a small private university. I'm rapidly approaching middle age though the kids would say I'm already there. I don't watch TV but read I a hell of a lot of books, articles blogs etc. Have written a blog or two now defunct. Wish I was more creative. My official publications are all in academic/research journals and not important in the grand scheme of things. Love music in a wide range of genres: Pharcyde, Public Enemy, Prokofiev, B.Marley and the Wailers, Cesaria Evora, J. Frusciante, J. Hisaishi, Audio slave and sigur ros to name a few. Just discovered Macklemore..cool. I can't go into more details because the cult is big on tracking down and harassing ex members. Can't afford to deal with that right now....then again if they really want to they can find me. PRISM watchers surely have a profile. Woo, deep politics, science and society, all that stuff is of interest to me in this theatre of life.

carry on and cheers,
WAS
"who is more likely to make a personal, resolute change - an optimist... or a pessimist?
I reckon The System prefers an optimist"----Coffin_dodger
worldsastage

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Welcome to all former lurkers!
Iamwhomiam

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby semper occultus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:06 pm

worldsastage » 18 Jun 2013 16:25 wrote:I finally decided to take the plunge and post after a long time.

....Whew indeed...amazing post...
semper occultus

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Welcome, worldsastage! Thanks for the shout out and I (we) look forward to seeing more of you.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Congrats WAS on escaping the cult. And congrats on beating fear.

Welcome.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

semper occultus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:06 pm wrote:
worldsastage » 18 Jun 2013 16:25 wrote:I finally decided to take the plunge and post after a long time.

....Whew indeed...amazing post...

Welcome again - when I read your post, I felt deep admiration for your decision to be true to yourself, despite it being what I guess was really pretty scary at times. :hug1:
Searcher08

Postby Project Willow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am

:wave: worldsastage! Congrats on breaking free. I'm glad you're posting.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby alan ford » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 pm

I just can not help thinking how Tommy's camp ended...

alan ford

Postby Joao » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:33 am

Been lurking for years. I've never had much of an online presence due to paranoia about profiling and data mining, but it seems quaint now to think that can be avoided. So the NSA liberated me. Anyway, nice place you got here. Thanks for having me.
Joao

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Welcome Joao!

"Liberated by the NSA" ... what a concept! :fawked:

Joao » 18 Jul 2013 07:33 wrote:Image

Been lurking for years. I've never had much of an online presence due to paranoia about profiling and data mining, but it seems quaint now to think that can be avoided. So the NSA liberated me. Anyway, nice place you got here. Thanks for having me.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion