The official new members and lurkers thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Turn over.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:50 am

sijepuis+ wrote:The RI board is a fascinating place, attracting a wide variety of opinions and people. I have to agree with Vojislav, though, in his observation that RI is undergoing internal changes. Though I'd add that this may not necessarily be a bad thing. Challenge is a good, as long as it's constructive.

I think there are younger users then in the past and more people new to parapolitics who are catching up on the 'conspiracy' database and also falling into some of the 'think traps' the PTB put in their way. The times being what they are, it is reasonable to assume there are pro trolls floating around, too. And newbies tend to get bogged down by the interpersonal thing very easily.

I keep seeing people post links to the many disinfo and anti-semitic (often same thing) websites that have been set up to poison the internet well.
Perhaps a Data Dump thread with a warning list to refer to....

The topics discussed at RI are not well understood by casual grazing for amusement.
That tends to lead one into the 'think traps' of first-level or second-level cover story instead of getting all the way down under all the paint layers.

Reinventing the wheel is being shortened with discussion boards now.
We are finally institutionalizing 'lessons learned,' just as the cryptocracy does.

Perhaps a list would be helpful... of the conspiracy basics from the last century that knowing inside and out... would prepare one to decode whatever comes up next...because there is going to be more and more thrown at us to slow us down...
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 am

You might consider starting that list here in its own thread in the general discussion forum, then move it to the data dump, Hugh.
chiggerbit

Postby blanc » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:10 pm

that list sounds like a darn good idea
blanc

Postby Skunkboy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:18 am

Howdy folks. Long time lurker and new poster on RI. I came here in August of 2004 when Jeff posted his "Coincidence Theorists Guide to 9/11. Before that I had no clue. This is by far the best site on the internet. I come here every day to see what is going on. I want to see the Tsunami when it hits, and this is the place I come to, to get my surf report. Jeff, by the way, how is your book coming? I will be one of the first to buy it when it comes out. Amazon.com says March 1st. Godspeed to you lad! Since this is the Christmas season I'd like to say Happy Holidays to all you RI homies. Grab the people you love and give them big hugs and kisses. Life is way too damn short and if you all haven't noticed... there are dark clouds on the horizon.

Skunkboy
Skunkboy

Postby JoseFreitas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:26 am

I'm 43, portuguese, living in Lisbon, degrees in History, Political Science, Anthropology and Acupuncture, some formal studies in Sociology and Physics. My friends generally think I'm weirdo, which probably also explains why I hang out in this forum for so long. Ran Prieur first brought me to Jeff's blog, and after slowly realizing how much of my research was actually being influenced by reading it I also started coming to the forum, where I occasionally post.

Mostly, I complain to myself about the fact that RI leads me to so many other sites and info that it's hard to actually get around to do some real work! The wealth of knowledge and sheer creativity present in this forum is amazing.

Je peux aussi traduire du français, j'ais étudié au Lycée Français de Lisbonne presque treize années, et je suis pratiquement bilingue. Si vous en avez besoin, n'hesitez pas a m'appeler!

Y también puedo traducir desde el castellano, si necessario. Quizas lo escriba mal, pero lo entiendo muy bien!

So, after showing off a little, I'll add that although I speak and read english pretty much fluently, I'll make frequent spelling errors for which native speakers should excuse me. Thanks!
JoseFreitas

Postby Sounder » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 am

I found this space by goggling "intuition" a couple of years ago. What a find; awesome smart people here.

Zardoz, perhaps to be discussed on the anthropology of science thread that you are going to instigate. hehe.

The only coherent essay that I wrote in the old days was a critique of Henry Bauer’s "Scientific Literacy and the Myth of the Scientific Method". After Donald Rumsfeld related his ponderings on the unknown-unknown, I combined this essay with further reflections and called it Creativity Unleashed or Who’s Gonna Let the Dogs Out. Now I am not an academic, I am not even very well educated, but I would like to know what someone ‘in the biz’ might think of these ideas.

Zardoz, if you care to comment at, http://guerrillaontology.blogspot.com/, I would be most grateful.
Sounder

Re: The official new members and lurkers thread

Postby barracuda » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:38 am

Bumping for grins. Show yourselves!

:thumbsup
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 am

For some reason I was just looking at this thread recently.

You're spying on me aren't you you big chat bot.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby marycarnival » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey all,

I feel right at home here on RI. I've been spending most of my time reading posts, and catching up on older threads, but I've jumped in to the fire a time or four.... :cheers:
marycarnival

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:19 pm

RI is undergoing internal changes?

Sounds like Kremlin watchers.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby AValterra » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi, I didn't realize this thread was here. I Looked for something of this ilk yesterday. I've been reading here for a long time (a mildly humourous story in itself, for another time, maybe:)) but only became a member yesterday. I just want to say thanks for being here and being a great spring board for learning and optimum absorption of a wide range of points of view. Incredibly interesting relationship dynamics here, as well. Anyway, thanks for having me here I hope to be a positive part of this community.
Bene, cum Latine nescias, nolo manus meas in te maculare
AValterra

Postby Mort » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:15 am

Hi .. another Australian lurker here .

Been a daily reader of the site now for at lest 5 years via recommendation of one of Mr Rexsturbator Jones many incarnations . I've been trying to explain this site to my friends over the years who just cant get it . Its not just the information that's stored here that's so valuable but the way it weasels it way into your head and drags you away from the mainstream info-streams into actually taking the time to THINK.. not to just feed off the shite were constantly fed. Its the community and varied viewpoints and Analise that drag me back time and time again.

Keep the headf*&king alive..... and thankyou Jeff .
Mort

Postby hohum » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:19 pm

nice, just re-joined.
I'd only posted a couple times before, under Metric Pringle... forgot password and also that of the email account. Duh.
Had some drawings and films in the RI Art show some of you may have seen, was gutted not to make it to the show despite being in America at the time.

Hugh Manatee's suggestion is excellent.. has this happened?
hohum

Postby barracuda » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello marycarnival, AValterra, Mort, and hohum! I just knew this thread would get some responses, 'cause I've seen lots of new usernames here of late.

hohum wrote:Hugh Manatee's suggestion is excellent.. has this happened?

You mean a list of "unrecommended" disinfo sites? Not to my knowledge. I'm unsure just how that would work, as a practical matter. I mean, first on the list would be the New York TImes, by some accounts. But it's worth talking about. Why not start a thread and see where it goes?
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Jeff » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Hey hohum, if you'd like to post under Metric Pringle instead, pm me and I'll assign you a new password.

Regardless, I'm glad you're back, and welcome everyone. :tiphat:
Jeff
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion