Abolish the White Race - By Any Means Necessary

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Abolish the White Race - By Any Means Necessary

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:47 pm

backtoiam » 13 Feb 2016 01:07 wrote:this fucking thread should have been deleted the moment it was posted. just imagine this....

"abolish the black race-by any means necessary"....would be immediately deleted
"abolish the jewish race" by any means necessary"...would be immediately deleted
"abolish the muslim race" by any means necessary"...would be deleted immediately
"abolish homosexuals" by any means necessary"....would be deleted
"abolish heterosexuals" by any means necessary....would be deleted

maybe not deleted, but immediately scorned....this shit should have run its course long ago......

Do you even read what was read on the first page of this thread? AD bumped the thread with a comment that basically said "abolish the Jewish "race"." (You know why, cos it (the "jewish race") is obviously a falsehood.) guess what. It wasn't immediately deleted.

"The 'Jewish' population of Israel includes people from fifty countries, of different physical types, speaking different languages and practicing different religions (or no religion at all), defined as a single people based on the fiction that they, and only they, are descended from the Biblical Abraham. It is so patently false that only Zionists and Nazis even pretend to take it seriously."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15684#p533427

Muslims and Jews are people with a common religious heritage not a racial one, and the only people i've ever seen use the term "black race" were white supremacists trying to build an artificial construct to push in between people. Funnily enough they are the same ones who popularise and push the use of the term "white race".
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:15 pm

There is no excuse for white nationalism. It must be stopped.

There is no excuse for dominant-group racial nationalism and separatism. That is to say, there is no excuse for white supremacist politics, European nationalism, and white separatism. These are fascist poisons, the politics of oppression and ultimately of genocide. They operate like all oppressions, through emotional manipulation and toxic counter-historical and pseudoscientific lies. The nationalism of an oppressed group is different from the nationalism of a group wielding greater wealth and power, and every political position should be evaluated in terms of whether it truly advances human freedom, equality and joy - or whether it is about securing these for some through the subjugation and exploitation of others. Something - like whiteness or European-ness - isn’t valuable and worth preserving simply because it exists, because it has existed, because someone says it is “tradition” or believes it to be “under threat”. Ask why it exists, for whom, and to what end. Anyone who’s talking about the need to preserve whiteness or preserve European culture is trying to cultivate ignorant fears and unfounded anxieties to advance abhorrent inequality. They are either scared and reasoning very poorly, or lying outright. Usually both. Europe and whiteness are not currently under threat (and more’s the pity); They are globally dominant institutions that use violence to maintain power for an elite. Europe and whiteness are social constructions largely advanced to preserve the dominance of one group over another. The people who have citizenship in countries in Europe and the people who are situated within whiteness do not ultimately benefit from any of these constructions if they value justice and want to see a better world. They must reject these constructions - recognize how they benefit from them and are included in them, but must then fight against these constructions if they hope to defend whatever is worthwhile in the “democratic ideals” that they too often falsely conflate with these constructions. Don’t let fascist myths cloud your judgement - let history and ethics guide your actions. All our fates are bound up together. Stamp out the seeds of fascism in the streets, in our cultures, in our thoughts and words. When we say “no one is free while others are oppressed”, we mean that freedom and well-being gained through the systematic violence of oppression is vile and worthless. Love to all antifa. I appreciate you.

http://autonomist-communist.tumblr.com/ ... sm-it-must
American Dream

Postby jakell » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Aargh!... My kingdom for a paragraph break.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 am

Centered on the U.S. experience but relevant more broadly also:

White Bodies, Black Faces

In my conversations with white people, I’ve ­realized that one of the reasons so many of them are uncomfortable talking about race is that they’re completely unaware of their whiteness. At first I thought they were playing stupid. But I’m realizing that they often really don’t know. Even for you: You said the idea for this came in 1999, but it took 15 years to write it. How do you develop and embrace an awareness of whiteness when it wasn’t the reality you grew up with?

It’s really true. I grew up in Washington, D.C., in a very upscale neighborhood. My parents both worked for the government. Both were active in the civil rights movement. They were that generation of very idealistic liberals in the early years of the civil rights movement and then were profoundly disillusioned after the riots following King’s death—especially the ones in D.C., because they experienced those directly.

And when I was a kid, I went to the National Cathedral Elementary School. The chaplain of the school was the bishop of the cathedral. His name was Bishop John Walker, and he was the second African-American bishop in the Episcopal Church. He had grown up with Jesse Jackson and Martin Luther King. He was a close friend of Desmond Tutu. He was an activist and black religious leader in the tradition of King. My only real exposure to Christianity growing up was through him.

But here’s how I would describe my childhood: We had black heroes but no black friends. We had black icons, but my daily life was totally white. It was a very intellectual upper-crust upbringing. And this was in the ’70s and ’80s, around the turn into the Reagan years. That’s a very complicated legacy. It’s not the same thing as having grown up in the South. The segregation was more de facto. Like many of my white peers, I grew up with idealistic parents who considered themselves very anti-racist but were carrying out a kind of geographical and psychological apartheid without really knowing it.

Let me follow up on that, because I think the South gets a lot of flak for being the place where racism lives. I wonder about that after reading a book like Isabel Wilkerson’s The Warmth of Other Suns and better understanding the intimacy of racism there, how deeply and directly connected people were and still are in the South. Is the idea that the South is more racist than the North a fiction we northerners tell ourselves because we don’t like to face the reality that the North is segregated in a way the South could never be?

Places like Washington and New York and Chicago are bastions of white liberalism that never admit how segregated and racist they are—and Boston perhaps more than any of those other places. Boston is just a profoundly, phenomenally racist and segregated city, but it’s also the birthplace of the abolitionist movement. So there’s all this reserve and repression and historical chauvinism and arrogance that profoundly separates white and black experience in the North.

Is that part of what we’re witnessing with the ­Oregon Militia—this idea of historical chauvinism and arrogance of the white imagination?

The connection I make is to my father, who came from South Dakota. His father, my grandfather, was a lifelong career military man. But my father spent most of his upbringing in the Black Hills with his mother’s family, who had been there since the gold rush. Custer’s Last Stand was fought near where my father grew up. North and South Dakota are as close to the South African apartheid as we have ever had in the U.S. Even now, the Sioux lands still belong to the white descendants of the people who “settled” it in the 1870s and ’80s. Every time I went back there as a kid, I would meet relatives who spoke with this profound paranoia that the federal government was going to take the Black Hills and give it back to the Sioux. This was a perennial subject of discussion. Everyone in my family was heavily armed. There were lots of guns, and that was directly connected to this sense of “We live on stolen land and we are enforcing it by being a highly armed rural population.”

http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/white-b ... ack-faces/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 pm

This provides a bit more context for the linkage between today's right wing militias in North America and the sad history of Settler Colonialism:

On the Origins of Anti-Asian Racism and How We Have Fought Back

In the United States, racist views of Asian-Americans are promiscuous and self-contradictory. On the one hand, we are told that we are model minorities, hard working citizens living out the classic American story of immigration and upward mobility. On the other hand, we are painted as perpetual foreigners, never quite American even after multiple generations of citizenship. On the one hand, we are supposed to be passive, docile, and submissive, while on the other hand they fear we are the yellow peril, a rising, ruthless, and aggressive empire that will someday destroy the white race.

The fact that these stereotypes are so contradictory show their ludicrousness. Racists project their own fears, anxieties, desires, and aspirations onto us in order to suppress our self-government and make us into who they want us to be, even if what they want us to be makes no sense. But racist fears, anxieties, desires and aspirations are not simply the product of individual ill will – they are shaped by powerful institutions. For example the U.S. military reproduces stereotypes of Asians as an aggressive, brainwashed Mongolian horde in order to raise support for their base expansion projects aimed at containing Chinese military power. Without U.S. military interests in Asia, this stereotype could have died out but instead it is growing.

That’s why liberal strategies of “anti-racism” will not liberate us. Liberals encourage white people to question their stereotypes as part of confronting their “privilege.” They do not attempt to abolish the institutions like military bases that produce and reproduce these stereotypes to keep us subordinated. This editorial will examine the historic political, economic, and social origins of anti-Asian racism. Our goal is not to enlighten anyone’s consciousness but rather to expose the institutions that oppress us so we know who our enemies are and what we need to smash.

The big picture: Facing the double-barreled shotgun of colonialism and empire

In general, we can say that our enemies are the forces of white supremacy – any institutions and practices that have the effect of elevating white people over people of color (including Asians) by subordinating and suppressing our attempts to be self-governing.

In particular, there are two interlocking systems of white supremacy that shape the terrain of Asian American life and struggle. The first consists of the social relations formed by the colonial settlement of North America and the founding of the United States out of colonial settler states. It is the result of land stolen from American Indians and Chicano/as, the enslavement of Blacks, and the extreme exploitation of “free” Black, Indigenous, European, and Asian migrant labor. As a shorthand, we will call all of this “settlerism”.[1]

Settlerism has created a legacy of terror, violence, and racial hierarchy which Asian Americans have had to navigate. From the moment we arrived as workers in the Wild Wild West we found ourselves facing down the barrels of guns originally pointed at Blacks and American Indians. Later, we found ourselves victims of a Jim-Crow-style legal system. It is only more recently that we have been championed as the “model minority”, a supposed solution to the “problem” of militant Black resistance to 500 years of settler terror. The racist rationale that created such an identification for Asian Americans is further explored below, as well as in other articles.

The second system of white supremacy is related to settlerism but is more global. It consists of the social relations formed through the expansion of U.S. imperialism in Asia through military conquest (the colonization of the Philippines, the partition of Korea, the Vietnam War, etc.) and the domination of American multinational corporations, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank over Asian economies. U.S. Empire built off of earlier forms of European imperialism in Asia even as it modified them. Like them, it enforced the fiction of a white Western civilization reforming Asian barbarism.

The experience of Asian Americans has been shaped by the fact that those who rule over us here in the U.S. also subjugated the countries we or our families came from. The architects of U.S. Empire in Asia created a whole string of lies about Asians being backwards, ignorant, weak, and undemocratic in order to justify this subjugation. These lies have been applied to us as well, preventing us from assimilating and becoming white like the formerly non-white immigrant groups from Europe did.

In response many Asian Americans have chosen to be consistent and principled internationalists – we have known that our situation here will not improve unless people of color abroad defeat U.S. Empire. Others have bought into U.S. empire, claiming they are the “good” Asians, unlike those “bad” Asians over there who are prone to terrorism, fanaticism, Communism, or Islam. And of course US Empire has exported aspects of North American settlerist ideology to Asia, which is why so many of our aunties and uncles over there are scared of Black Americans even though they have never met any.

In order to understand Asian American struggles we need to keep both of these systems of white supremacy in our headlights. We can’t adopt the all-too-common view that race in America is a simple binary of white over Black. Social relations in the U.S. are deeply shaped by U.S. imperialism in Asia, our peoples’ resistance to it, and our own struggles here in North America. But at the same time, we can’t pretend we’re in a national liberation struggle somewhere in Asia where we are the majority – we are in the Western Hemisphere where our lives are forged in the Black-indigenous-white crucible and we need to seek our allies and define our enemies within this context.

To do so, we will consider the origins and contemporary manifestations of four forms of anti-Asian racism: the backwards worker myth, the perpetual foreigner myth, the model minority myth, and the myth of the yellow peril.

The Docile Worker Myth: Frustrated American dreams turned deadly

The fundamental forms of anti-Asian racism emerged because of labor competition between Asian workers and white workers who viewed Asians as backwards and submissive.

To understand why this happened we need to look at a key moment in the formation of both settlerism and imperialism: the late 1800s and early 1900s, when Asian Americans first began to arrive in large numbers as miners, farmers, workers, and rebels. At this time the U.S. was going through the industrial revolution, unleashing forces of capitalist accumulation with a voracious appetite for land, resources, and labor. To fulfill this appetite, soldiers and settlers were moving westward looting and plundering American Indian and Chicano lands at a breakneck pace. The wealth they wrenched from their genocidal drive to the Pacific was delivered, dripping in blood, as the down-payment for the new factories, plants, and shipyards that formed the bedrock of emerging U.S. imperial power in Latin America and Asia.

All of this involved mobilizing and exploiting human labor at an unprecedented scale. American settlerist mythology describes the conquest of the West as a something led by individualistic small property owners – farmers, cowboys, merchants, prospectors, etc.– who supposedly represent the soul of American democracy. But digging goldmines, boring through mountains to build transcontinental railroads, and similar enterprises required a level of organization that rugged individualists alone could not accomplish and capital that only large corporations and the federal government could provide. Soon enough big companies shunted aside the pioneers and hired mass gangs of workers at the lowest wages they could possibly impose. This was the birth day of the America we know today, where our dreams are of cowboy glory and our day jobs are full of monotonous toil under the watch of bureaucrats.

The corporations were looking for workers who could be compelled to accept slave-like wages and conditions without revolt. They turned to two sources. The first consisted of European immigrant workers from the east coast who had found themselves thrown into unemployment and poverty through economic crisis. The second consisted of former Asian farmers dislocated by the European and U.S. imperialism that was ravaging their homes (e.g. the Opium War and the genocidal Philippine-American war). But neither of these groups proved to be a well-disciplined or docile workforce, and it turned out that the only way to neutralize them was to pit the former against the latter.

The European immigrants were lured west with dreams of becoming self-made men- owning property and eventually becoming capitalists. Their dream was a mirage; they were sorely disappointed and were seething with anger. Those who had established small businesses were getting out-competed by the big corporations. And new unskilled workers who arrived from east coast slums found dangerous, low paying jobs their only option.

White supremacist politicians, craft union bureaucrats, businessmen, and many white skilled workers joined together to make Asian workers scapegoats for these frustrations; the Chinese community, which was the largest Asian ethnic group at the time, became their primary victim. They deflected the anger of small proprietors away from the big corporations and against their Chinese workers, arguing that the corporations’ reliance on cheap Chinese labor gave them an unfair advantage over smaller businesses. They also claimed that “civilized” white Americans should not have to compete in a labor market with “backwards” and “weak” “Orientals.” This allowed the skilled white workers and their craft unions to deflect the demands of unskilled European laborers for training and entry into the trades. The unskilled workers were told Chinese immigrants, not the corrupt and elitist craft unions and bosses were to blame for their plight. All of this allowed expanding US capitalism to solidify control over the workforce, neutralizing potential trouble from the unskilled white workers by co-opting them into white supremacy and neutralizing the Chinese workers by subjecting them to vigilante terror.

These anti-Chinese campaigns were a key moment in the construction of that bloody line between white and nonwhite in America. Part of the logic of settlerism was the deputization of rank and file white workers into a vigilante force that could aid the state in dispossessing and murdering American Indians and Chicanos. This logic was extended against Asians as bands of armed vigilantes attacked Chinese folks and drove them out of gold mines, orchards, and small towns across the West. Between 1850 and 1906, Chinatowns burned to the ground and thousands of Chinese were killed, forced into prostitution, or marched to railroad cars and driven out, sometimes along the very tracks they and built. It was a campaign of wholesale ethnic cleansing.

Eventually, this vigilante force was legalized in the form of a whole complex of Jim-crow-style legislation that forbade Asians from owning land, testifying against white men in court and attending public schools, etc. It all culminated in the passing of the Chinese Exclusion Act which attempted to prevent any further Chinese immigration.

Early Filipino- Americans faced similar conditions. For example, there were anti-Filipino riots against Filipinos in Yakima and Wenatchee valleys in Washington, and Filipinos were driven out of Yakima in 1928. Japanese Americans also faced segregation from public schools and were attacked by racist mobs in San Francisco in 1907.

The ideologues leading these campaigns justified them by describing Asian workers as docile, dirty, backwards, and undemocratic. They were painted as conformist, traditional people unfit for a world of hearty American pioneer individualism. Many of these stereotypes remain today. (Of course, in cases where they had managed to set up their own businesses or farms, the script was flipped and Asians were portrayed as uppity, cunning devils who must have some trick up their sleeve).

In reality, the white workers were just as dirty, poor and miserable as Asian American workers, but they were bamboozled into hugging the chains of their own wretchedness rather than fighting back against their real enemies. They were the ones who succumbed to the manipulations of anti-democratic ideologues and if anyone was swept mindlessly into mob conformity it was them. They were tricked into siding with their bosses and decadent, conservative craft unions rather than joining with Asian workers who could have been their natural allies in building a more democratic America.

Of course, this is not to say that all classes of Asian Americans were automatically democratic. Emerging elites in Asian American communities also exploited our peoples ruthlessly. For example, Chinese workers were oppressed by powerful businessmen and labor brokers such as the Chinese Six Companies on the West Coast. These cartels collaborated with white supremacists to deliver coolie workers under slave-like conditions to American corporations. They worked with other Chinese elites that controlled political dissent in Chinese communities and maintained highly patriarchal and semi-feudal patronage networks backed up by thugs.

But despite these restraints, Asian American workers proved themselves to be anything but backwards and naturally slavish. They lived the classic American experience of being thrown into a rootless, violent new context and improvising strategies of survival and resistance. During the anti-Chinese pogroms, Chinese Americans organized boycotts, lawsuits, popular militias for armed self-defense, appeals to China for arms, and mass civil disobedience against attempts to get them to wear photo ID cards.

At times, Asian American workers found solidarity with Euro-American, Chicano, Black, and Native American workers in the IWW, a radical union that fought the bosses and the racist and corrupt American Federation of Labor. Japanese workers organized alongside Mexican workers in Oxnard CA, and Japanese-led labor organizing and strikes on Hawaiian sugar plantations attempted to break down the divide-and conquer management system that allocated wages based on ethnicity to create resentment between different Asian groups. Pioneering Filippino activists such as Philip Vera Cruz and Carlos Bulosan also organized alongside Arab and Latino farm workers to create the strong United Farmworkers Union in the 1960s. Enduring much physical and economic duress, the farmworkers managed to go on strike and organized a four-year long grape boycott to push for higher wages and better working conditions.

These moments of resistance are often overlooked chapters in the struggle for democracy and anti-racism in the U.S. They offer important lessons for us today where the American dream is once again dissolving into unemployment, economic crisis, dislocation, and faceless bureaucracy. Once again, right-wing populist/ white supremacist politicians and militias are emerging to blame all of this on immigrant workers. Latinos are the primary targets for now, and for reasons we explain below Asian Americans could also be targeted in the future. We can look to this early Asian American resistance for insight into how we can fight back today.

https://blackorchidcollective.wordpress ... ught-back/
American Dream

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:51 pm

From Jeff's facebook page:

The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby jakell » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:58 pm

This was one of the criticism's I used to level at WN's on my last forum, they seemed to regard the passing of the 50% mark in demographics as extremely significant, in spite of my suggesting how a minority status might actually be an aid to 'identity politics'

I also used to point out that WN's were a minority amongst whites too, but this was a different tack,
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby American Dream » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:32 pm

American Dream » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:35 pm wrote:Settlerism has created a legacy of terror, violence, and racial hierarchy which Asian Americans have had to navigate. From the moment we arrived as workers in the Wild Wild West we found ourselves facing down the barrels of guns originally pointed at Blacks and American Indians. Later, we found ourselves victims of a Jim-Crow-style legal system. It is only more recently that we have been championed as the “model minority”, a supposed solution to the “problem” of militant Black resistance to 500 years of settler terror. The racist rationale that created such an identification for Asian Americans is further explored below, as well as in other articles.

https://blackorchidcollective.wordpress ... ught-back/

http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/dtake/america/

America.
By TEJU COLE

America. You can see what he was going for. He wants to say: I am proudly allied with the gun people. I am a tough man, a manly man. A picture of a gun, and the terse caption: America, period. (The period pokes at me in its finality: not so much a caption as a manifesto.) In this country we have a right to bear arms, the man is saying. I oppose efforts by the government to tighten gun laws, he is saying. Gun control is fundamentally unamerican. And so the brother of the cowboy declares himself as laconic and unsentimentally violent a cowboy too. He is on the gun. His name is on the gun. He is the gun.

You can see the calculation: with his poll numbers low, he shifts rightward, draw some heat from the left, and thereby draw the support of the people who don’t like it when people draw heat for rightwing positions. Politics-by-stunt was working very well for the Lunatic with the Yellow Hair. Perhaps it worked for the governor, perhaps it didn’t. He certainly drew a lot of heat. Period.

On social media, the governor was mocked. In a predictably limited ideological gesture, the governor’s image was answered by other images, and these were labeled with the names of other places. In this form, in the form of “hilarious memes,” the story was reported in a comical way. Spain was a plate of ham. Australia was a nerf gun. The United Kingdom was a cup of tea in a fancy cup. The Netherlands was a circle of cheese. The tone-deafness and desperation of the governor’s tweet was too obvious for direct commentary, so mockery did the work instead. The memes proliferated, almost all of them conveying the idea that America is definitely crazy, definitely violent, and other countries are funny, kind, and sweet.

The governor was right, of course: the gun is America. Not only in the deranged misinterpretation of the 2nd Amendment—deranged, but not without an inner logic pertaining to people’s uninfringeable desire for danger—not only in the central role of the gun in the mass killing of those who lived on the land before the Americans, but also in the unrestrainable militarism that governs contemporary American life. The military’s swollen budget is one thing, but the arms trade is yet another: the death and mayhem that America exports to the world, and that returns home in various uncanny forms of blowback. The enormous trade whose unending continuation is a point of agreement for both right and left.

But what the memes miss, the labor that they inadvertently accomplish, is similar to that of the cartoons that emerged from the pain of the terrorist attack in late 2015 in Paris: ISIS have bullets, but we the French have champagne (which symbolizes the enjoyment of life), and that is obviously much better. Out of the bullet holes, champagne flows in defiance. A clash of civilizations.

Well. The countries that have champagne also have guns, and they happen to sell them everywhere. The French economy got a significant boost from arms sales to Saudi Arabia in 2015. The countries that make artisanal cheese also make grenades, strictly for export. It is true that in the first five minutes after a terrorist attack, everyone in any given country of the civilized West is an astonished pacifist. And then, and only then, does resolve introduce, for the first time in that nation’s history, a reluctant but courageous meting out of vengeful violence.

In the series of photographs in Walid Raad’s “Let’s be honest, the weather helped” (1998/2006), colored dots represent bullets on the facades on buildings wrecked by war in Beirut. “I collected bullets and shrapnel. I would run out to the streets after a night or day of shelling to remove them from walls, cars, and trees. I kept detailed notes of where I found every bullet and photographed the sites of my findings, covering the holes with dots that corresponded to the bullet’s diameter and the mesmerizing hues I found on bullets’ tips.” Using the color clues, Raad found that the bullets shredding his country came from many different countries: Belgium, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Libya, NATO, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Venezuela.

Each of these places might be memetically represented by what its citizens enjoy. A glass of wine. Italy, period. But accurate too would be bullets, missiles, drones and bombs. America. A gun. Switzerland. A rocket launcher. Libya, Israel, Norway, Germany, all the death-dealing by all the nations, all the buying and selling and stockpiling by all the innocent (“How could this happen to us?”) and peace-loving nations. We are on the gun. Our name is on the gun. We are the gun.
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:35 pm

During his testimony Wednesday, Thandiwe suggested that his reason for even purchasing the gun he used in the shootings was to enforce beliefs he’d developed about white people during his later years as an anthropology major at the University of West Georgia.

“I was trying to prove a point that Europeans had colonized the world, and as a result of that, we see a lot of evil today,” he said. “In terms of slavery, it was something that needed to be answered for. I was trying to spread the message of making white people mend.”

He said the night before the shooting, he attended a so-called “Peace Party” intended to address his concerns about helping the black community find equal footing, but two white people were there.

“I was upset,” Thandiwe said. “I was still upset Friday. I took the gun to work because I was still upset from Thursday night.”

Never know where those little mustard seeds will take root on you.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby American Dream » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:41 pm

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X
American Dream

Postby General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:00 pm

jakell » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:This was one of the criticism's I used to level at WN's on my last forum, they seemed to regard the passing of the 50% mark in demographics as extremely significant, in spite of my suggesting how a minority status might actually be an aid to 'identity politics'

They think the country will immediately plunge into South African style anarchy. In truth, I think they're drama queens... and a little slow in the head. What the whole white genocide thing fails to account for is that humans have overcome much more significant bottlenecks than this in the past. But white genocide itself is just propaganda and nuance doesn't belong in propaganda.

Minorities are much more effective in lobbying the system to get what they want and more effective in vetting outsiders. Progressives playing the "whitey is finally dead! Yay!" card helps this along by forging a clear white identity, even when one didn't necessarily exist before. Not particularly bright to celebrate a victory before it's anywhere near won.

I think most white progressives believe they will still be in power after whites become a small minority, afterall it's only the evil whites we want to get rid of! I expect to see lots of white (rich) progs doing their best to cockblock the PoC. There's also a defection risk, young people on the far left are easy targets to flip over to the far right. Getting them towards the center is nearly impossible by comparison. Centrism isn't for the youthful.

I also used to point out that WN's were a minority amongst whites too, but this was a different tack,

If you have anywhere from 2-5% of the population as active supporters you can control the country.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby jakell » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm

General Patton » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:00 pm wrote:
jakell » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:58 pm wrote:This was one of the criticism's I used to level at WN's on my last forum, they seemed to regard the passing of the 50% mark in demographics as extremely significant, in spite of my suggesting how a minority status might actually be an aid to 'identity politics'

They think the country will immediately plunge into South African style anarchy. In truth, I think they're drama queens... and a little slow in the head. What the whole white genocide thing fails to account for is that humans have overcome much more significant bottlenecks than this in the past. But white genocide itself is just propaganda and nuance doesn't belong in propaganda.

Minorities are much more effective in lobbying the system to get what they want and more effective in vetting outsiders. Progressives playing the "whitey is finally dead! Yay!" card helps this along by forging a clear white identity, even when one didn't necessarily exist before. Not particularly bright to celebrate a victory before it's anywhere near won.

I think most white progressives believe they will still be in power after whites become a small minority, afterall it's only the evil whites we want to get rid of! I expect to see lots of white (rich) progs doing their best to cockblock the PoC. There's also a defection risk, young people on the far left are easy targets to flip over to the far right. Getting them towards the center is nearly impossible by comparison. Centrism isn't for the youthful.

If you have anywhere from 2-5% of the population as active supporters you can control the country.

The time when this storm in a teacup blew up was following a census in 2012, and from this some fairly credible predictions could be made about that 50% (ie majority/minority) mark. This 50% was regarding the country as a whole though and I pointed out that in many (mostly urban) areas of the UK, that point passsed a long time back, with no dire consequences.

Even though their fears are unfounded, I think it reflects a pretty common feeling that things are getting worse and there is trouble up ahead, it's just that their own particular focus is race/culture, other people have a different focus (climate, economy, energy, ecosystem, spirituality, morality...choose your weapon) which seems to address a similar unease. so they aren't alone in their queening.
jakell

Postby American Dream » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Douchebag: The White Racial Slur We’ve All Been Waiting For

In this 1950s encyclopedia, Asians live in pagodas and wear pajamas, Blacks live in mud huts and wear chains, and White people live in mid-century modernist mansions and wear suits.

White privilege is the right of whites, and only whites, to be judged as individuals, to be treated as a unique self, possessed of all the rights and protections of citizenship. I am not a race, I am the unmarked subject. I am simply man, whereas you might be a black man, an asian woman, a disabled native man, a homosexual latina woman, and on and on the qualifiers of identification go. With each keyword added, so too does the burden of representation grow.

Sometimes the burden of representation is proudly shouldered, even celebrated. But more often this burden of representation becomes a dangerous, racist weight, crushing and unbearable. Michael Brown was killed in part because of this burden (the stereotype of black male criminality), and his body continues to carry this weight as the protests mount (the martyred symbol that black lives matter).

But white men are just people. Normal. Basic Humanity. We carry the absent mark which grants us the invisible power of white privilege. Everyone else gets some form of discrimination.

https://medium.com/the-secret-history-o ... 23002f85d/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:02 am

The Postracial Delusion

by Yasmin Nair

Yasmin Nair is a Chicago-based freelance journalist and activist who writes widely on issues of race, gender, and sexuality.

If we based our understanding of race relations in the United States on the events of the last year alone, it might seem like a racial Armageddon was upon us. Hardly a day seems to pass without a report of yet another black victim of a police shooting. Independent estimates confirm that the prevalence of such incidents has been rising over the past several years.1 But it is also important to remember that the presence of more public forms of recording and surveillance makes it easier to document such incidents. What we are witnessing, then, is a volatile combination of a rise in violence alongside the increasing visibility of that violence.

But despite so much evidence that black Americans and other people of color are under attack, nearly half of respondents to a recent Pew survey thought that race was “not a factor at all” in the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, and the same number agreed that the United States has already “made [the] necessary changes” to achieve racial equality.2 In other words, the vision of a “postracial” society remains alive and well. The term “postracial” means broadly that the presence of more people of color, particularly black people, in most areas of public life shows that we have reached a racial harmony or equilibrium. For many, Barack Obama’s 2008 election was the clearest signal of this postraciality, and an indication that measures such as affirmative action are now obsolete.

Or, as David Theo Goldberg puts it in his book Are We All Postracial Yet?, “Postraciality is the illusion that the dream of the nonracial has already been realized” (180). In a postracial world, any signs of racial tension—such as police violence towards black people—are dismissed as isolated symptoms of other, racially “neutral,” problems, such as personal vendettas or professional incompetence. Goldberg unpacks the history of the postracial, locating its origins firmly in 2008 when, he writes, “postraciality went public, pronouncing itself the prevailing state of being, at least aspirationally. This quickly opened up a frenzied media discussion about whether America, in particular, and other once racially predicated societies globally, had become postracial” (1).

So the postracial—or the belief in it—is now global. And yet, of course, everywhere there is more evidence than ever that race and its cousin, ethnicity, still define the simple matter of who gets to live or die. Whether in the global refugee crisis, the aftermath of the Paris bombings, or the quotidian ways in which people of color in the United States face the denigration of both casual and institutional racism, one thing is clear: race survives.

In this context, it becomes more critical to think through the implications of a “postracial” world, even as we deconstruct the notion of race itself. Goldberg’s book is published by a scholarly press, Polity, but provides a history and analysis that will resonate with a wide audience. Goldberg argues forcefully that postraciality is a problematic concept and not a utopian one, wielded by those who would deny the harm done by the racial in the first place.

Also from Polity comes Linda Martín Alcoff’s The Future of Whiteness, an expansive consideration of a daunting subject: whiteness itself. Taken together, both books provide a history of racial identity and race relations rarely treated at any length in mainstream publications. While there has been more general discussion of race as a social construct, much less has been written in such venues on the mutability of whiteness.

Given the renewed attention to race in the public sphere in the past few years alone, these books offer careful, insightful analyses of concepts that otherwise get thrown around without much specificity. For instance, among Alcoff’s points is that whiteness is “a historical and social construct that has persistently undergone change. It is not a singular idea, but a fluid amalgam of sometimes contesting interpretations and practices” (15). This is not an unfamiliar idea in itself, but what comes next might pique the interest of many anti-racist activists:

White supremacy is itself incoherent, and can manifest itself quite differently depending on historical periods and social groups: From Klan violence to law-backed disenfranchisement to paternal scolding that blames victims for their “culture of poverty” to entitled gentrifications of neighborhoods that force the nonwhite poor out of cities with an indifferent shrug. (15)

It is this “incoherence” of white supremacy that sometimes escapes notice in anti-racist circles, which have a tendency to position it as an unchanging entity. The temptation is also to indiscriminately attach the label of “white supremacy” to every instance of racial violence or hostility, which only serves to make the real nature of its power all the more unrecognizable. At the same time, of course, everyday racism is so often—some would argue always—the result of centuries of white supremacy. The trouble, though, is that in our struggles against white supremacy, it can be hard to discern how best to recognize its history and how that history manifests itself in everyday situations.

In this, Alcoff’s own story, which she details here, is a helpful tool. The child of a Panamanian father and a white American mother, Alcoff, along with her mother and older sister, lived for a time with her maternal grandparents after her parents’ divorce. Her grandparents were dirt-poor Irish-Americans with hardly any education, South Carolina sharecroppers who worked alongside poor Southern blacks but still felt themselves far superior to them. Years later, Alcoff would work as an organizer among very similar people, but this time doing anti-racist work. The link between her grandparents and the people she worked with as an activist, she writes, are partly what motivated Alcoff to write this work on whiteness, as much as her own intellectual background as a philosopher.

At one point, Alcoff asks if “whiteness is irretrievably tied to racism,” since racism is so clearly a “constitutive feature of our realities” (90). Her answer is less a simple yes or no than a further complication of how anti-racism might or should work. There are easy and uncomplicated ways of thinking how racism might end: “Many believe that racism is an outdated ideology that will gradually lessen of its own accord until it finally disappears, like beliefs in witches or the practice of sun worshippers” (124). As Alcoff points out, the idea that racism will simply wither away is analogous to the idea that homophobia will simply decline as more and more people begin to accept gay people. But such evolutionary models fail to take into account the structural factors—like economic oppression and exploitation—that help perpetuate racist or homophobic ideologies.

Continues at: http://monthlyreview.org/2016/02/01/the ... -delusion/
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Many believe that racism is an outdated ideology that will gradually lessen of its own accord until it finally disappears, like beliefs in witches or the practice of sun worshippers.

I talk to so many folks with that same earnest prayer. It's true that outdated ideologies gradually lessen of their own accord, of course: that's why such barbarous superstitions as Islam or Judaism are no longer with us in 2016. (Which, as we all know, is the current year.)

Another variant I'm seeing a lot is the Bulworth Theory of Race Relations, coined by Warren Beatty in his most memorable line from that otherwise forgettable film: "Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody 'til they're all the same color." I've taken to calling that Pan-Admixture, mostly since so many people have said it to me since 2012 I needed a damn name for it. It's really been taking off lately -- often brought up with Brazil as the reference point, which is a tribute to the lack of context endemic with the I Fucking Love Science / Upworthy crowd.

But such evolutionary models fail to take into account the structural factors—like economic oppression and exploitation—that help perpetuate racist or homophobic ideologies.

Such curious phrasing -- since "such evolutionary models" are nothing but wishful thinking, and funnier still, they willfully omit any actual, like...evolutionary models. Which have a lot to say about the matter, albeit mostly hugely problematic stuff. (When Wilson published Sociobiology, people protested. Because of how it made them feel.)

The atomized Individual Consumer™ is the sovereign actor of our Aeon, and any notions of Group Selection are heresy. Until they're not. I'm guessing once key general merchandise markets start to dry up, Madison Avenue and Silicon Valley will embark upon a Manhattan Project scaled effort to re-calibrate our worldviews on belonging and identity. Keep an eye on the Mormons, especially how they get treated by the media in the decade to come.

Anyways, no sense worry too much about this kind of stuff. Surely rigorous application of strategies like "calling white people douchebags" will solve this. In a generation or two. Maybe three.
Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion