Cloverfield

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Anecdotes vs history.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:36 pm

IanEye wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
How do movie images, keywords, and role-models affect CHILDREN?
How does the brain work at ages 2-14?
That's what is critical to see in these movies, not college grad adult analysis about General Westmoreland.

What are the sanctioned behaviors?
What are the gender role models?
What are the subliminal messages in titles and names?
Does any of this mirror scandals that might be cover-up up by the idealized narrative?

The most offensive thing about you is your utter disdain for humanity. You view humans as so weak that they would fall for this bullshit.

I just know too many individuals who played with Star Wars action figures as children, who then put them away as adults and now work very hard against fascism.

Oy, the non-sequitors. Um..do you drink? Trying to make sense of your vulgarity and hostility spasms is challenging.

Fascism advertises. It's called social engineering, propaganda, and psy-ops.
And it works on too many people.

You might've noticed that lots of people think Saddam did 9/11 and are joining the military to kill for freedom.

You have noticed, right? So this shit works on some people and it works by massive full-surround doses of mind farking like 'Star Wars' and '24' and 'Forrest Gump' etc.

Don't blame me for pointing at culture war. There's no "disdain for humanity" on my part. Exactly the opposite.

I've been trying to expose that neuroscience proves we are hardwired for compassion as social animals and that all this Warrior Culture militainment is marketed like tobacco, as a cool risky expression of individuality or as group protection, depending on the receptive personality.

I just know too many individuals who played with Barbie dolls as children, who then put them away as adults and now work very hard against sexism.

And this anecdote applies to hundreds of millions of people? No.

I just know too many human beings, children and adults, who are far stronger than you ever give them credit for.

You're either drinking or having a fantasy or don't know demographics.

Your vision is one of Humanity losing, always failing, always victims.

Put down the drink and stop raving.

Humanity is full of wonderful individuals.

That's true. Also lots of victims of fascism and psy-ops and domestic abuse.

Hugh Manatee Wins is a truly ugly mask, covering the face of a pathetic loser.

Fuck off.

You are either a mean drunk or a troll or very very confused. I think you're confused.
Step away from the keyboard and stop taking swings at people working against fascism, ok? :?

If you want to duel with anecdotes, I'll transcribe a bunch of interviews with Vietnam veterans who say that they got all their images of war from John Wayne cowboy movies and went off to do 'the right thing' but ended up in a gory hell that they can't escape anymore.

I don't want that to happen to the kids watching video warrior culture and falling for the scam.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby philipacentaur » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins, if you're going to characterize someone who criticizes your views as "drunk" -- I'm just going to let it fly -- you're out of you're mind, crazy, delusional, schizophrenic.
philipacentaur

Bully festival!

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:48 pm

philipacentaur wrote:Hugh Manatee Wins, if you're going to characterize someone who criticizes your views as "drunk" -- I'm just going to let it fly -- you're out of you're mind, crazy, delusional, schizophrenic.

:roll: So people come to RI to brawl. sigh.

I don't know why IanEye has taken to suddenly characterizing me as villainous and telling me to fuck off.

IE is otherwise coherent and communicative but these outbursts don't make sense.
That's why I pondered if there was an 'internal switch' of some kind, a figure of speech because I come to RI for info, not for brawls.

But the brawlers are itching...bye.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby philipacentaur » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 pm

You come to RI to repeat yourself ad nauseum, and occasionally a few posters get fed up with reading your bullshit and actually say something about it. It seems to be cyclical.
philipacentaur

Postby orz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Pan scoffs with no rationale to back him up, again

When a person scoffs at anothers' views noone expects him to back anything up, that's the whole point of scoffing. On the other hand when a person makes totally insane, outlandish and libelous claims, HE BETTER BACK IT UP! And you don't. Oh yes, I know you CLAIM you do but no, what you do is not backing it up. It's not evidence. It's not proof. It's not sane. It's not interesting.

When a nutter sits next to you on the bus you can change your seat or get off at the next stop. On the internet, we're stuck with you.
orz

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:55 pm

philipacentaur wrote:You come to RI to repeat yourself ad nauseum, and occasionally a few posters get fed up with reading your bullshit and actually say something about it. It seems to be cyclical.

This thread was discussing a movie. Try it.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby philipacentaur » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 pm

I haven't seen the movie yet.
philipacentaur

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 pm

orz wrote:When a nutter sits next to you on the bus you can change your seat or get off at the next stop. On the internet, we're stuck with you.

This thread was discussing a movie. Try it.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Everything you have to say about Cloverfield is stupid and nuts. Discuss.
orz

Re: Anecdotes vs history.

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:26 pm

So I just saw Cloverfield...damn thing is short, like an hour and 10 minutes.

But it packs a punch, they definately tried to mimic the feel of 9/11, from the running people and pyroclastic dust clowds rushing down the street, to the shots of the city with smoke rising, to people escaping into nearby stores covered with dust, to buildings imploding, etc. Pretty entertaining.

Now Iron Man, thats a total pro neocon agenda movie sadly

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:You might've noticed that lots of people think Saddam did 9/11 and are joining the military to kill for freedom.

I find the fact most people think Osama and al Qaeda alone did 9/11 just as disturbing
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby professorpan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 pm

IanEye is right, Hugh.

I've had enough of your branding artists and creative people as liars and militarists. Your monomaniacal zealotry and refusal to listen to honest, well-intentioned criticism has also worn out the last remnants of my compassion.

If you really believe the things you write, I pity you. I can't imagine what it's like to live in that kind of warped conceptual straitjacket. If you don't believe the things you write, well, then congratulations.

IanEye has gotten to the core of the matter -- although you profess to be anti-fascist, your views of the world are utterly dehumanizing.

Yuck.
professorpan

Postby Hilda Martinez » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Hugh said:

Cloverfield will get two weekend runs of youthful viewing
(January 18, 19, 20 + 25, 26, 27) just before the January 28
mis-State of the Union Address by un-President Bush.

These SOTU speeches are very important military recruiting speeches, a task becoming harder and harder to succeed at, so I'll bet two weekends of 'Cloverfield' is meant to tenderize the mental meat so that a bunch of young men decide to go wear their Captain America outfits in Fallujah.

Hugh, I respect you, and as I've said before sometimes I curse you because you take my mind to some pretty awful places when you cause me to think about what you write. That said, and meaning no disrespect, how many "kids" or recruitable young men will even be watching the SOTU speech? Do young males of this demographic even care about politicians' speeches? I can't see many thinking that this will be "cool."

The movie reviewer in the local Phoenix paper said about "Cloverfield" this (in the "Movie Preview" headlines): "Echoes of 9/11 add depth to monster mayhem in `Cloverfield.'" The paper is owned by Gannett and Gannett is owned by... well, you know how it goes.
Hilda Martinez

News cycle headlines and patter.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:24 am

Hilda Martinez wrote:.....
Hugh, I respect you, and as I've said before sometimes I curse you because you take my mind to some pretty awful places when you cause me to think about what you write. That said, and meaning no disrespect, how many "kids" or recruitable young men will even be watching the SOTU speech? Do young males of this demographic even care about politicians' speeches? I can't see many thinking that this will be "cool."

People watch astounding numbers of hours of television, especially youth.

The recruitables and their parents and peers will be exposed to the soundbites, headlines, and fear-mongering militarist themes that are spewed in the SOTU event.

There's no avoiding it unless you watch no tv, avert your eyes from periodicals, and don't listen to anyone you know that might comment.

And there will be disinfotainment reinforcement like 'Cloverfield' and probably other things. That's just how these USG psy-ops beaurocrats work and have for years.

The movie reviewer in the local Phoenix paper said about "Cloverfield" this (in the "Movie Preview" headlines): "Echoes of 9/11 add depth to monster mayhem in `Cloverfield.'" The paper is owned by Gannett and Gannett is owned by... well, you know how it goes.

Not just 9/11. The poster shows Miss Liberty with...her head cut off.
Remember the decapitation media battle when Abu Ghraib broke in 2004?
We got the suspicious Nick Berg beheading video that turned out to be fraud in important ways.

Now even the beheadings are being rerun just before the SOTU.

That IanEye and Pan would attempt to portray me as "dehumanizing" for pointing out psy-ops is too far from believability to be funny.

An effective form of counter-propaganda is meme-reversal. That is, turning a message around 180 degrees to confuse people.

A good example of meme-reversal:
When I just pointed at media manipulation and Pan huffed "shame on you," I think that qualifies as meme-reversal.

Odd, isn't it? I write that Hollywood is manipulative and Pan calls me evil.
Hunh. Go figure.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby philipacentaur » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:32 am

Have you ever read any bell hooks, Hugh Manatee Wins?
philipacentaur

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:33 am

professorpan wrote:IanEye is right, Hugh.

I've had enough of your branding artists and creative people as liars and militarists.

Why? Some of them are. Lots of them are.
And many aren't "artists." They make products.
Real artists are humanizing. That is not a universal characteristic of TV and movies.
Had you noticed?

Your monomaniacal zealotry and refusal to listen to honest, well-intentioned criticism has also worn out the last remnants of my compassion.

I stand by what I have documented and what I know and I what I believe because I am
dedicated to finding out the truth about militarist propaganda and deception.
You seem to have an unwarranted "compassion" for people who carry those out.

IanEye has gotten to the core of the matter -- although you profess to be anti-fascist, your views of the world are utterly dehumanizing.

So you are claiming that 'Cloverfield' and Disney and Spielberg and '24' are actually...humanizing?

:shock: :lol: :lol: :cry: :x

My view of the world is that propanda is old, deep, and widespread since WWII.
My view of the world is that controlling information became institutionalized during WWII.
My view of the world is that ex-CIA whistleblowers have written that the CIA owns the mainstream media's output.
My view of the world is that the Church Senate sub-committee hearings of 1975 exposed that hundreds of CIA agents and assets ran the mainstream media.
My view of the world is that former president of CBS news, Sig Mickelson, is on video describing CBS's long-standing relationship with the CIA.
My view of the world is that the Office of War Information started writing Hollywood's scripts during WWII.
My view of the world is that the CIA, State Department, and Pentagon have been entrenched in TV and Hollywood movies and publishing and academia since WWII.

This is all documented.

Do you even have a view of the world that includes covert psy-ops?
So far, no.

That's beyond bizarre.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion