Automated killer robots 'threat to humanity': expert

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby crikkett » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:52 am

teamdaemon wrote:
Military leaders "are quite clear that they want autonomous robots as soon as possible, because they are more cost-effective and give a risk-free war," he said.

That was my first thought too! All that carnage and no PTSD - because it wouldn't actually be any body's fault!

Get your war on!
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby orz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:24 pm

I do, yes. Would you rather see us send our soldiers to be maimed and killed in place of machines? Or would you prefer that we just use area-effect weapons that keep our soldiers safe, but can't discriminate between combatants and civilians?

I'd rather you stop being a boring troll, and everyone else stop responding to the world's most obvious troll.

Your entire MO here is to post the most cliche chickenhawk stereotypical nonsense, with the occasional 'oh that's cool' post in some UFO thread in a half-baked attempt to make it look like there's any reason you even read or post at all on a board 100% contradictory to your supposed 'views'.
orz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:32 pm

And the move toward DARPA's total information awareness global grid
battlefield control, ( real life Terminator Skynet )...marches forward

One article says they use an xbox controller for some of these vehicles.

Remember when the government used to say violent video games were bad? Now they make the violent video games
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to General Discussion