The Marilyn Monroe Sex Tape: JFK, RFK

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Marilyn Monroe Sex Tape: JFK, RFK

Postby barracuda » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/04/some-like-it-ho.html
The footage appears to have been shot in the 1950s. When it came to light in the mid-1960s, then-FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover had his agents spend two weeks futilely trying to prove that Monroe's sex partner was either John F. Kennedy or Robert F. Kennedy, according to declassified agency documents and interviews, Morgan said.

This is possibly a hoax, but still interesting in light of the JFK/RFK smear attached to the story, as well as the ever-present need to godessify MM as the ulttimate American sex symbol, no matter whether it is done in a good or bad light.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 am

$1.5m for Marilyn Monroe Sex Film the World will Never See

Xan Brooks and agencies
April 15, 2008
guardian.co.uk

It may be the most explosive film Marilyn Monroe ever made - a 15-minute home movie that purportedly shows the actor performing oral sex on a man rumoured to be John F Kennedy. But it also looks set to be a film the world will never see. The New York businessman who owns the footage insists that it is not for public view.

... The silent 16mm footage was sold earlier this week to a New York businessman for a reported $1.5m (£750,000). The sale was brokered by memorabilia collector Keya Morgan, who claims to have obtained the film from the son of a dead FBI informant.

"The gentleman who bought it said out respect for Marilyn he's not going to make a joke of it and put it on the internet and try to exploit her," said Morgan. "That's not his intention and I would never get my name involved if that were to happen."
Sources suggest that the footage played a dark, behind-the-scenes role in the political machinations of early-60s America. At the time Monroe was rumoured to have been having an affair with President John F Kennedy. Morgan alleges that J Edgar Hoover, the then FBI director, attempted to prove that Kennedy was the man in the frame.

"A team of nine individuals were analysing the tape inside a lab," Morgan enthused. "J Edgar Hoover brought in a few prostitutes who allegedly had been with President Kennedy and they tried to ... see if that was really President Kennedy."

It seems likely that we will never know for sure. According to reports, the man's face remains out of shot throughout the 15-minute film. To further muddy the waters, there appears no way of telling exactly when the footage was shot. ...

Declassified FBI files - released to the newspaper by Morgan - suggest that Monroe's ex-husband, baseball star Joe DiMaggio, once tried to buy the offending film for $25,000 (£12,500) but was rebuffed. A copy of the footage reportedly remains classified in FBI files.

Monroe married three times and was reported to have had affairs with both JFK and his brother, the attorney general Robert Kennedy. She died at her Los Angeles home in August 1962 at the age of 36. At the time, the official cause was ruled as "acute barbiturate poisoning", with her death classified as "probable suicide". Joe DiMaggio took a different view. "The Kennedys killed her," he allegedly said at the time.
American Dream

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:25 am

Thank God for youtube and bittorrent.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 am

I just had an idea. Why don't we all pitch in here at RI and cough up the dough to buy the footage?

I'm good for $20.

I'd go double on that if it was a Mansfield tape, tho.

Ooh, la,laa, what a lass that one was..

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: The Marilyn Monroe Sex Tape: JFK, RFK

Postby sunny » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:56 am

barracuda wrote:This is possibly a hoax, but still interesting in light of the JFK/RFK smear attached to the story, as well as the ever-present need to godessify MM as the ulttimate American sex symbol, no matter whether it is done in a good or bad light.

I'm curious- Why do you think there is an ever-present need to godessify MM? Is it the American psyche you are talking about here, or something more organized and deliberate?
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:00 pm

sunny wrote:
barracuda wrote:This is possibly a hoax, but still interesting in light of the JFK/RFK smear attached to the story, as well as the ever-present need to godessify MM as the ulttimate American sex symbol, no matter whether it is done in a good or bad light.

I'm curious- Why do you think there is an ever-present need to godessify MM? Is it the American psyche you are talking about here, or something more organized and deliberate?

I think the only people that 'goddessify' her were:

A - The people that dreamed of nailing a chick like that but weren't good looking enough to do so without paying out the wazoo, or:

B - Maybe a lingering psuedo-cult among the watchers/handleers of the whole affair as it happened back in the day; meaning the Alphabets. It probably irked them to be up on as prolifically sexual an object(at the time) as Marilyn without being able to indulge themselves.

Unless they were all eunuchs.

Does the CIA castrate its members?
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby sunny » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:B - Maybe a lingering psuedo-cult among the watchers/handleers of the whole affair as it happened back in the day; meaning the Alphabets. It probably irked them to be up on as prolifically sexual an object(at the time) as Marilyn without being able to indulge themselves.

Unless they were all eunuchs.

Does the CIA castrate its members?

Extreme prudes, more like it:

There are heavily redacted, declassified FBI documents talking about a "French-type" film.

They state the informant "exhibited [to agents] a motion picture which depicted deceased actress Marilyn Monroe committing a perverted act upon a unknown male," Morgan said.

Link
Choose love
sunny

Postby FourthBase » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:16 pm

She performed a perverted act on him? What, like...a rimmer?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 pm

sunny wrote:
There are heavily redacted, declassified FBI documents talking about a "French-type" film.

They state the informant "exhibited [to agents] a motion picture which depicted deceased actress Marilyn Monroe committing a perverted act upon a unknown male," Morgan said.

Oh, shit, you mean she was already dead in this video?

No wonder it costs so much.

Necro-pr0n!
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby barracuda » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 pm

The deification of Monroe as well as the lesser goddess Mansfield was likely a product of the repressive sexual cuilture of the 1950's. These women exuded sexuality in their public lives, and the power of a highly sexual woman's aura is as uncontainable as an atomic bomb, hence the 50's moniker, "blonde bombshell." The early deaths of these two, in unusual circumstances certainly contributed to their mystique, but I am a firm believer that a woman's hips can change the world.

barracuda

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:30 pm

barracuda wrote:but I am a firm believer that a woman's hips can change the world.

You mean there's more to the world than a woman's hips?

Oh, yeah, I forgot..

BREASTESSES!

Et in Arcadia ego

Postby IanEye » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:31 pm

the only media Icon I have ever felt the desire to 'goddessify' is Elizabeth Montgomery.

Samantha Stephens is awesome.

Serena wasn't bad either.....
Last edited by IanEye on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 pm

I think it's wonderful that this thread has turned into a love fest for hot 1950s-60s starlets.

Ian, I back you 100% that Elizabeth Montgomery was a babe. And God help me, when she wore that black wig and played her character's evil sister on "Bewitched", you couldn't tear me away from the tube.

I'm also good for another $20.
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby sunny » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Something about Marilyn's beautiful face breaks my heart.
Choose love
sunny

Postby barracuda » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Attack Ships on Fire wrote:I think it's wonderful that this thread has turned into a love fest for hot 1950s-60s starlets.

In that case, I'll take Jean Seberg.

barracuda

Next

Return to General Discussion