Another mystery foot in BC

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Another mystery foot in BC

Postby chillin » Fri May 23, 2008 7:38 am

Yet another severed foot has washed ashore in British Columbia.

RCMP in Richmond are investigating the discovery of a severed foot on uninhabited Kirkland Island in the Fraser River on Thursday.

This foot is the fourth in a string of mysterious feet that have washed ashore on B.C.'s beaches.

The first three washed up in the Gulf Islands. In August, two size 12 feet were discovered on Gabriola and Jedediah Islands, and a third foot was found in February on Valdez Island.

The first three were all right feet, and all were in sneakers.

Police have not revealed if this latest discovery was a right foot or a left foot, but police said it was in a shoe.

RCMP Cpl. Nycki Basra of Richmond said this is one of the strangest cases she has heard of.

"Well for us its our first time. In my 12 years of service this is the first time I've seen it," she said.

Police have yet to determine if this latest foot is connected to any of the other severed feet, but Basra said Richmond RCMP will look at the similar files as part of their investigation. Police are working to determine from whom, and from where, the foot came, Basra said. It could be the result of a suicide, an accident, or foul play.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... hmond.html
chillin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jeff » Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 am

Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Jeff » Fri May 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Confirmed to be another right foot, wearing a sneaker. Though the RCMP say "there is no indication to suggest the foot was forcibly removed."

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 132dda6408

Four feet, no DNA matches to missing persons, no left-footed monopeds stepping up saying Hey, that's mine!
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby orz » Fri May 23, 2008 6:55 pm

"there is no indication to suggest the foot was forcibly removed."

What, it just dropped off while someone was walking along?

Forensic experts have determined the appendages were not severed with a tool, said Linteau.

I can't really (and don't want to) imagine a non-forceful way to remove someone's foot without a tool! :(

kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri kiri
orz

Postby compared2what? » Fri May 23, 2008 7:46 pm

orz wrote:
"there is no indication to suggest the foot was forcibly removed."

What, it just dropped off while someone was walking along?

Forensic experts have determined the appendages were not severed with a tool, said Linteau.

I can't really (and don't want to) imagine a non-forceful way to remove someone's foot without a tool! :(

I've been assuming that injudiciously sustained periods of shackle-wearing might be involved in this phenomenon, which I've found it distinctly difficult to forget about, pretty much ever since I read the OP back whenever....I guess because of the proximity to Remote Military Facility Island.

Maybe it's where they keep the defective Cybrids?

If so, I've been led to believe by Hollywood that David Thewlis will be taking care of it in the year 2010, and that not even Marlon Brando giving one of the best performances of his career (albeit one that appears to be taking place in a movie that's a much more serious comment on the inhumanity of colonial-imperialism than he's bothered informing anyone else in the cast or crew that they're making) will stop him.
compared2what?

Postby Jeff » Fri May 23, 2008 7:55 pm

orz wrote:

Don't do that! :shock:
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby KeenInsight » Fri May 23, 2008 8:39 pm

Jeff wrote:
orz wrote:

Don't do that! :shock:

Omg :shock:

Also, a comment from YouTube link:

"OK...I must be the only person ever who hasn't seen the Hostel films...I love violence but apparently they're totally over the top which i love..."

Seriously, how can people watch this stuff? It's disgusting. Secondly, LOVING VIOLENCE, wth?
KeenInsight

Postby orz » Fri May 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Fictional depiction of violence is not the same thing as violence. But also lots of people on youtube are sick morons so there you go. :)

Ha that video is 100% spoiler... :(

Saw it in the cinema, the bag scene was one of the most dramatic audience reactions I've witnessed...
orz

Postby orz » Sun May 25, 2008 5:10 pm

OK this makes more sense:
It appears the first three feet were not severed, Smith said, but separated from the body through decomposition.

I didn't read the full article before. (or they added more info to it?) :oops:
orz

Postby RocketMan » Mon May 26, 2008 8:24 am

The news of these mystery severed feet has even reached our far Finnish shores. The thing that most struck me was the passage about no violence having been used. And after having heard the explanation, I still have to ask how probable it is that all of these feet IN SHOES have been of the right-hand variety and that they have all washed up in the same region.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby nomo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Snip from here:
    There has been speculation the feet may have come from a plane which hit the water three years ago, killing five men off Quadra Island. Only one body was recovered.

The victims' families paid for the plane wreckage to be pulled from the depths but there were no bodies inside the wreckage.

Linteau could not comment on whether or not the feet were from the crash victims.

"That's something we are exploring as well," she said.

British Columbia chief coroner Terry Smith said DNA profiles have been taken from the first three feet. He could not comment on the investigation or the new finding.

The fourth foot is now at his office, Linteau said.

Linteau said missing persons files are also being examined.

Curtis Ebbesmeyer, a former professor of oceanography at the University of Washington who studies floating objects, said when the third foot was found that the feet could have drifted from as far as 1,000 miles.

Ebbesmeyer said it may not be a coincidence they were found in the same area. He said left shoes and right shoes often tend to wash up at different times at different places because they float differently.

He added that there are beaches that collect mostly rights and others that collect mostly lefts because the winds or currents sort out left and right foot wear.

Ebbesmeyer speculated the feet belong to people who have disappeared while out on the water.
nomo

Postby Sweejak » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 pm

The United States is operating “floating prisons” to house those arrested in its war on terror, according to human rights lawyers, who claim there has been an attempt to conceal the numbers and whereabouts of detainees.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=18215
Sweejak

Postby compared2what? » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:48 pm

My feeling is: Shackles. As I keep saying. Or thought that I had been. I don't seem to have said it here. But almost all the secret-prison detainees whose accounts I've read say that they were always in some kind of leg restraint. When in their cells alone, they sometimes had chains long enough to permit free movement to every point within the four walls other than within reach of the door through which the guards entered. So it wasn't always punitive leg restraint. But they were always shackled at the ankle. And whatever other effect that has, it definitely can't be good for foot retention.

I posit that someone is keeping men in shackles, either on ships or on that creepy island.
compared2what?

Postby DrVolin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:42 pm

When I was a grad student, we had a case of a biker found out in the woods. He was all skeleton, except for his feet, which were perfectly preserved in a pair of old school high top Converse sneakers. Our guess at the time was that the tanning agents in the leather had preserved the feet.

Ironically, he was wearing the tattered remains of a Metallica "Kill em All" T-Shirt. I always thought that was an appropriate touch.
DrVolin

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 am

compared2what? wrote:My feeling is: Shackles. As I keep saying. Or thought that I had been. I don't seem to have said it here. But almost all the secret-prison detainees whose accounts I've read say that they were always in some kind of leg restraint...

I posit that someone is keeping men in shackles, either on ships or on that creepy island.

Ships anchored in either international or unclaimed waters (I'm sure there still are waters which are outwith ALL national and international law) have always been my guess for where the most extreme torture and experiment blacksites are located. To be honest, though, I can't see why the victims of such programmes would be wearing comfortable sneakers if they were in such a place, and it would also mean someone was taking the severed feet out of the cells and throwing them overboard, leaving the identifying footwear on. The ships I'm thinking of would have crematoriums. I don't think that can be it.

It could be any one of the explanations mentioned so far - or, it could just be a Russian mafia thing (I hear they're very active in B.C.) perhaps dumping a few bodies with their ankles chained or tied to heavy objects.
The decay and the strain of the bloated bodies seeking to rise would eventually... well, you know.

The expert saying above that right feet and left feet react differently to tides kind of makes me hope they have someone out checking the likely destination of the missing lefts.

And if the rest of the bodies are likely to float that predictably, I hope there is someone looking out for the rest of them too.
AhabsOtherLeg

Next

Return to General Discussion