Monroe Institute (CHarlottesvile, VA)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby lightningBugout » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:02 pm

The current director of the MI is an ordained minister writing a book due next spring (referenced above) on understanding Christ as a particular state of consciousness. He shares his name with some other more famous people (including the guy who built the first great google maps api mashup - housingmaps). There seem to be about 4-5 people online with that name.

One of them is a guy listed in the dept. of state 1995 congressional correspondence office with the same name. ie the person in charge of monitoring all congressional correspondence (letters, speaking engagements, press requests, etc).

Probably a coincidence, that one.
"What's robbing a bank compared with founding a bank?" Bertolt Brecht
lightningBugout

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Avalon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:23 pm

OP ED wrote:It shares goals with practices of the A:.A:.

(also techniques)

I've used several variations with, well, variable success. Whole brain, interhemispheric function is the goal of much of modern magickal practice, and is deep encoded into much of Thelemic doctrine. (most of the "sex" stuff is indeed merely another "veil" to obscure this information) I mentioned this briefly in one of 8bit's 911 threads during a discussion of numerology. This principle is what lies behind much of the "two columns" left hand/right hand, male/female alchemical symbolism. We use visual processes as well.

These technologies can be used for intergration or disintegration with both negative and/or positive results depending on the application. What scientology does is also similar in some regards, though it tends towards the disintegration side of things.

I'd suggest that people with established nervous system disorders should avoid most if not all "magickal" practices, and indeed hemi-sync type tech. Epileptics I've seen react negatively. Anyone with tendencies toward extreme mental illness of any sort should also be careful, especially with the disintegrative aspects, as they tend to not be very well integrated to begin with.

You don't know what version to get, as with any esoteric or related practices. Trial and error. Swimming with sharks.

what exactly do you want to know?

*tries not to violate any oaths*

Love is the Law,
Love under Will.
--SHCR

I think the main question I have is whether the Hemi-Synch CDs are a neutral tool for consciousness change (as in, like with using fire, electricity, or computers, it depends on what you bring to it), or that they (or some of them) are compromised with some control potentials that are inherently not in our interests.

I'm generally not one for quick changes, or quick fixes. I prefer slow work, with changes that develop from within. I'm not a big magick user, given that most of the problems I see need permanent structural changes on multiple levels, and a more widespread, permanent change of consciousness. My own training has been in a religious context, with people who insist on ethical values being inherent in our use of magick. My mentors have always stressed the need to have an awareness of cultural, political, and psychological aspects as integral to any magickal work or consciousness alteration.
Avalon

Postby OP ED » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:24 am

I never noticed anything particularly sinister about the technology itself. It is a fairly old idea, although repackaged in modern forms. Hemi-sync aren't the only ones doing it either, though I don't have any of my stuff with me so I cannot name the others I've found offhand.

I'm with you insofar as "quick changes" go. I view magick as a process designed to align interior change. Exterior effects are generally short lived and shallow. I think the idea of using this tech as a crowd control device is, well, diabolical, at worst (simply silly at best). The Great Work has as its goal no less than the liberation of the consciousness of every individual human. Any worthwhile teacher will be able to demonstrate that this can only be accomplished the hard way: one human at a time, one step at a time. Shortcuts lead to misdirection and lost potential.

Most knowledge is neutral, and the fact the powerful people have an interest in the subject isn't neccessarily an argument against the subject itself. Indeed, we can often learn much about how to properly apply this knowledge by paying attention to the results of failed experiments as much as to the successes.

LSD is a perfect example. On the one hand, you can get loads of brainwashed assassin types to do your low-functioning dirty work.

But the CIA never produced Sgt. Pepper's.

Love is Law,
SHCR
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

memory

Postby hava1 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:34 am

Not sure is related. In 2001, around May I visited Yogaville, quite close to Charlottesville. Now, I don't remember exactly where, but on the way, bn charlot. and yogaville - there was a huge lawn park, we stopped there and suddenly I saw 4 dogs with helmets and antenna going around, and a man with a remote control.
I watched that, and felt goosebumps all over. It felt wrong.
Around Yogaville, evolved a community, in the sticks, of various cults, mainly Yoga oriented but not only (nature cults, paganism of feminists and such like).

---
On topic, re cults and RV and trauma based control. Agree totally with those who wrote here that the scientific part is connected with more traditional cult based trauma conditioning/initiation rituals. Just watched Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark again, to be reminded of the perceived connection between Nazis-Ancient cults and the self perceived role of the US military as "snatching" that power away from the Nazis (and doing what with it ? same...probeblyas the Nazis were going to do). The agnets who come to ask Prof. Jones to help tell him secretly "HItler is fascinated with the Occult"...oh yeah ? and the americans are not ?

---
Looking at ISrael, it seems that the "research" has taken over the researhers. Namely, those who started maybe in good faith to explore stuff, became "initiaited" into the cults and the dark powers they were supposed to cast away or to neutralize. I suppose this could have happeed too with the CIA and the Americans. Namely, that it started bona fide, but then the operatives and perhaps management became entangled in cult practice and are now "believers".

I think there's a warning somewhere in the srciptures that if you go out to the underworld to fight the devil , most likely you will get caught. The "original sin" here, was IMHO, the paperclip concept of the "cold war" as goal justifying the means.

---
and a ps query, looking for information on Prof. Nachman Ben Yehuda, former dean of Sociology Anthropology in the Hebrew University, research areas - witchcraft, cults, espionage and treason, "social monsters", politicial assassinations.
hava1

Previous

Return to General Discussion