Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey’s death

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey’s death

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 am

Report: Colorado grand jury indicted JonBenet Ramsey's parents in 1999

In 1999, the district attorney in Boulder Colorado made the decision that there was not enough evidence to file charges against anyone in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, but members of the grand jury in the case are now revealing they voted to indict Ramsey's parents. NBC's Erica Hill reports.
By Daniel Arkin, Staff Writer, NBC News
A Colorado grand jury voted to indict the parents of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey more than 13 years ago, but prosecutors reportedly refused to go forward on the case, according to the Boulder Daily Camera newspaper.

The grand jury voted in 1999 to indict John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death, three years after their 6-year-old daughter was bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her family's house on Christmas Day.
But former Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter declined to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, the Daily Camera reported.

"I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time," Hunter told reporters in October 1999.
"Child abuse resulting in death" is a Class II felony punishable by up to 48 years in prison, according to the Daily Camera.
"We didn't know who did what," a juror told the Daily Camera on the condition of anonymity. "[B]ut we feel the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't."

Patsy Ramsey and her husband, John Ramsey (R), produce a picture of Jon-Benet Ramsey during a press conference in Atlanta where they released the results of an independant lie detector test, May 24. The Ramsey's appeared with their attorneys and the officials who administered the test who stated that the parents had no knowledge of who killed their daughter in Boulder,Colorado. TLC/LSD - RTR4MN7

Hunter, who left his post in 2008 after 28 years as district attorney, declined to discuss the grand jury's decision, according to the Daily Camera.
But in a 2001 interview with NBC News, Hunter said he had no regrets about his decision not to charge anyone.
"I have enough people that I respect that have said to me, 'You know, you made a tough call, you made a call the public didn't like. But you were true to the law, you were a good prosecutor, and that's plenty for me.'"
Lin Wood, John Ramsey's attorney, backed up Hunter's decision in a statement to NBC News.
"The DNA tests performed after the time of the Boulder grand jury not only prove the Ramseys to be innocent and the grand jury wrong, they also make D.A. Alex Hunter a hero who wisely avoided the miscarriage of justice," Wood said.
Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer in 2006. The couple and their older son, Burke Ramsey, were exonerated in the case in July 2008, even though they were never formally charged in connection with JonBenet's death.
"To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry," former Boulder County District Attorney Marcy Lacy wrote in a letter to John Ramsey in 2008. "No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion."
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Peachtree Pam » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:23 am

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case: Judge To Release Secret Indictment Of Parents John And Patsy Ramsey

A Colorado judge has ordered the release of a 1999 grand jury indictment of John and Patsy Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey, in the brutal murder case of the 6-year-old Boulder, Colo. girl.

In 1999, then-Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign the indictment of the Ramsey parents, citing that he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

The indictment remained secret until earlier this year, when The Boulder Daily Camera confirmed its existence.

On Wednesday morning, Weld County Judge Robert Lowenbach ruled that the indictment will be released in response to a lawsuit filed by Daily Camera Reporter Charlie Brennan and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press in September.

The entire document is about 18 pages, The Daily Camera reports, nine of which relate to John and Patsy Ramsey, but it's unclear how many of those will be released to the public.

"It appears that the District Attorney, presumably acting at the discretion of the grand jury, prepared a series of possible charges regarding John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey based on the fact that the child had died and that there was evidence that a sexual assault of the child had occurred," Lowenbach wrote in Wednesday's ruling.

Read The Daily Camera's entire report here.

Earlier in the week, John Ramsey said he opposed the release of the document unless the entire grand jury record was also opened for the public. The judge denied that request on Wednesday.

On Dec. 26, 1996, 6-year-old JonBenet was found bludgeoned and strangled to death in the basement of her family home. A ransom note from an anonymous group of individuals "that represent a foreign faction" asking for $118,000 in exchange for the safe return of JonBenet was found just hours before, but no call ever came from a kidnapper and it was never linked to a murderer.

The entire Ramsey family was cleared of any involvement in the murder of JonBenet back in 2008, thanks to then newly discovered DNA evidence. Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, died two years earlier in 2006 of ovarian cancer.

Patsy Ramsey was still considered a possible suspect when she died.

In 2010, investigators reopened the case and launched a fresh round of interviews with witnesses hoping that they could provide more insight into the murder, but nothing fruitful came of those interviews.

The DNA evidence still points to an "unexplained third party" that serves as a vague lead for authorities still pursuing the case.

Boulder police have tested more than 150 DNA samples and investigated nearly the same amount of potential suspects in their ongoing investigation, but none have ever been linked to the crime.

For nearly 17 years Boulder police have received thousands of tips about JonBenet's murder and still receive several monthly. Current Boulder DA Stan Garnett said in 2011 that he personally gets two or three tips a week from all over the world. Any tips that appear to have potential are passed along to Boulder Police's Major Case Unit.

There have also been plenty of false leads, including most famously John Mark Karr, who bizarrely admitted to being with JonBenet the night of her death. DNA evidence later cleared him of any wrongdoing in this case.

For a thorough timeline of the case's major moments, visit The Daily Camera's interactive timeline of events from 1996 through 2012.

More than a decade and a half later, it remains one of the most notorious unsolved murders in U.S. history. If she were alive today, JonBenet would be 23.
Peachtree Pam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 am

Court papers: Grand jury in 1999 sought to indict JonBenet Ramsey's parentsBy Faith Karimi and Michael Martinez, CNN
updated 10:53 AM EDT, Fri October 25, 2013

JonBenet Ramsey documents to be unsealed

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 10:53 a.m. Friday]
Previously sealed court documents released Friday show that a grand jury voted in 1999 to indict the parents of JonBenet Ramsey with charges of child abuse resulting in death and being accessories to a crime. The district attorney decided that year, however, not to file charges due to what he said was insufficient evidence. In 2008, a district attorney said that new DNA evidence cleared the parents and their son in the death.
[Original story, posted at 10:12 a.m. Friday]
(CNN) -- A Colorado court released Friday previously sealed court documents relating to the mysterious 1996 death of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, a girl who won child beauty pageants and whose murder shocked the nation.
The pages were sealed in 1999, after a grand jury in the case dispersed without charges being filed.
2012: John Ramsey: From grief to grace
As a little beauty queen, JonBenet pranced across the stage and into America's heart 17 years ago. In heavy makeup, almost like a real-life doll, her images captivated the nation with every strut, every twirl, every wave.
But even with the fame that followed her death, the question of who killed her remains unanswered.
The previously sealed court documents are expected to provide insight into the investigation into the death of the little girl in flamboyant outfits.
In 1999, three years after her death, a grand jury suggested possible charges against her parents, John and Patricia Ramsey. It said there was evidence that the child was sexually assaulted, according to court documents. Her parents have consistently maintained they had nothing to do with her death.
An analysis of the girl's clothes showed the source of the DNA was not a family member, according to court documents.
Death of a beauty queen
JonBenet's beaten and strangled body was discovered in 1996 at her parents' home in Boulder, Colorado. It was a day after Christmas, a day after she got a bike as a gift.
That same day, her parents had called police to report her kidnapping. They said they found a note demanding a ransom of $118,000 for her return.
She was found dead in the basement of their home.
Questions and speculation reigned. Her parents lived under a cloud of suspicion. Were they involved? Was there an intruder in the house that night?
More years went by. The little girl remained forever 6.
Sworn to silence
In October 1999, grand jurors assigned to the case went back home, sworn to silence. The eight women and four men had convened regularly for 13 months. They heard from dozens of witnesses, considered 30,000 pieces of evidence. All with one question in mind: Who killed JonBenet?
They had nothing to show for their efforts. Or so it seemed.
New documents
A Colorado judge Wednesday ordered the release of 18 pages sealed after the grand jury dispersed.
The documents, which are expected to be unsealed Friday, will focus on her parents, shedding more light on the grand jury proceedings.
There were two pages about her mother and two pages about her father, according to an order from Judge J. Robert Lowenbach. Only documents signed by a foreman will be released, according to the judge's order, which says the court can release only official documents.
In January, the Boulder Daily Camera, citing unidentified jurors and an assistant district attorney, said the grand jury voted to indict her parents on charges of child abuse resulting in death.
Lowenbach's order Wednesday makes reference to the grand jury's report.
"It appears that the district attorney, presumably acting at the direction of the grand jury, prepared a series of possible charges regarding John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey based on the fact that the child had died and that there was evidence that a sexual assault of the child occurred," Lowenbach wrote.
Despite the grand jury's report, the district attorney said at the time that there was insufficient evidence to warrant filing charges.
Then-Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter did not sign the indictment, according to the Daily Camera. It has remained sealed for years.
"I have known for years that Boulder prosecutors did not file charges against John and Patsy Ramsey because the evidence to prosecute them did not exist," Lin Wood, the Atlanta lawyer for John Ramsey, said this year.
The newspaper said the decision to unseal the unprosecuted indictment was in response to a lawsuit by its reporter and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.
'Killer on the loose'
John Ramsey and his family have always said they are not guilty.
"There's a killer on the loose," Patsy Ramsey, said a few days after the body was found. "I don't know who it is. I don't know if it's a she or a he, but ... there's someone out there."
In 2008, then-District Attorney Mary Lacy wrote a letter to John Ramsey, saying that new DNA evidence had cleared him, his wife and son. She formally apologized for the cloud of suspicion the Ramseys lived under for years.
Years went by. More questions, more investigations.
JonBenet Ramsey murder Fast Facts
Quest for secrecy
Last week, John Ramsey's attorney wrote to District Attorney Stan Garnett, requesting the documents be kept secret.
"Public release of the allegations of an unprosecuted indictment only serves to further defame (John Ramsey) and his late wife," wrote Harold Haddon.
Lowenbach denied the request. State law requires official actions by the grand jury to be released, he said.
False leads
The parents have always maintained that an intruder killed the little beauty queen.
In 2006, a breakthrough appeared imminent with the arrest of John Mark Karr in Bangkok, Thailand. The 41-year-old teacher repeatedly said he loved the little girl and was with her the night she died. He insisted her death was an accident.
But soon after his arrest and return to Colorado, prosecutors said DNA evidence proved he had nothing to do with her death. The district attorney decided not to charge him.
Questions, denials
More years went by. Investigations revealed new details, and with that came more suspicions.
Investigators say they did not find any sign of forced entry. No footprints in the snow outside the home, either.
A paintbrush from her mother's hobby kit was used to tighten the rope that choked JonBenet, according to investigators. And the alleged ransom letter came from a notepad inside the house and made reference to little-known details about the family's past finances.
Though the Ramseys were never named as suspects, they were the focus of the grand jury, which first convened in September 1998.
And as time marches on, the outcome of the investigation is almost where it started -- no arrests and no convictions.
And the years seem to stand still for the little girl. To many, she's still the 6-year-old who paraded across television screens nationwide.
But she would have turned 23 this year.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Sat May 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Yes, it's Radaronline, but FWIW

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/j ... iew-tapes/

But lawmen had JonBenet’s parents in the crosshairs during Patsy’s interrogation, which is detailed in a 1,421-page transcript.

Under questioning by Tom Haney, a top Denver investigator on the Boulder D.A.’s team, cancer patient Patsy revealed she had an emotional meltdown in 1993 and was under psychiatric care.

The former Miss West Virginia beauty queen also confessed she was under the influence of the mood stabilizers Prozac and Ativan as she was being questioned.

Then, Haney blindsided Patsy, asking in a sharp exchange: “If I told you right now we have in the process of being examined trace evidence that appears to link you to the death of JonBenet, what would you tell me?”

“That’s totally impossible,” Patsy insisted. “I did not kill my child. I didn’t have a thing to do with it.”

Later, Haney went after JonBenet’s mother again — revealing the innocent kid was the victim of sexual abuse. Patsy said she was “extremely” shocked by the revelations. “This is the absolute first time I ever heard that,” she said.

Dunno if there's anything really new in here...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Here is what I remember from spending the night in jail on that XMAS night for a DUI. But it was nonstop coverage on the TV. I was in Denver. The first thing that came out, since there was nothing else to pay attention to, was that it was a number of people, within hours of it. My feeling at the time is that she was sacrificed for some occult reason. I didn't know those terms back then. I just noticed how the news came out.

Many people. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby NeonLX » Sun May 22, 2016 11:02 am

82_28 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:40 pm wrote:Here is what I remember from spending the night in jail on that XMAS night for a DUI. But it was nonstop coverage on the TV. I was in Denver. The first thing that came out, since there was nothing else to pay attention to, was that it was a number of people, within hours of it. My feeling at the time is that she was sacrificed for some occult reason. I didn't know those terms back then. I just noticed how the news came out.

Many people. . .

I had a fuzzy suspicion of the same...I can still conjure the increasing nausea I felt as I learned more about the weirdness of the Ramsey family. I had a visceral reaction to the sight of the kid wearing all that makeup, and then Patsy herself--what an awful caricature of everything that is wrong with this country's narcissistic identity.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 82_28 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 pm

I mean this in jest, so to speak. But I remember thinking, well damn I got my alibi. Fuck, it could have been this guy for all we know. I was staying in his jail named after him.

I started a thread here quite a bit ago.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33614&hilit=sheriff+pat+sullivan

Prolly, of course not. But he was a sicko too.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby KUAN » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:56 pm

on edit: just given youse the link due to technical challenges :?

First I've heard of this - JonBenet Ramsey - the West Memphis Three murders - Zodiac killings - et al

Is this serial killer behind some of the worst murders of our time?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/bo ... 5922fc690c
KUAN

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:24 am

Brother of JonBenet Ramsey files $150 million defamation suit against pathologist

PUBLISHED: October 6, 2016 at 8:10 pm | UPDATED: October 7, 2016 at 5:52 am

DETROIT — The older brother of JonBenet Ramsey filed a defamation lawsuit Thursday against a Michigan forensic pathologist who told a Detroit-area media outlet that Burke Ramsey killed his 6-year-old sister.

The complaint alleges that Dr. Werner Spitz said in a Sept. 19 interview that 9-year-old Burke bludgeoned JonBenet to death in 1996.

“Spitz made this accusation without ever examining JonBenet’s body, without viewing the crime scene, and without consulting with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on JonBenet,” the complaint filed in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit says.

JonBenet was found dead in the basement of the family’s Boulder, Colorado, home. In 2008, her parents and brother were cleared by prosecutors who said DNA on the girl’s underwear didn’t match anyone in the family.

The lawsuit accuses Spitz of being a publicity seeker “with a history of interjecting himself in high profile cases.”

Burke Ramsey, now 29 and living in the Charlevoix area in northern Michigan, is seeking a jury trial and at least $150 million in damages.

His attorneys said they demanded a retraction the day after the interview, but Spitz refused.

A woman who answered the phone Thursday at a number listed for Spitz hung up after an Associated Press reporter identified himself.

Boulder police said last month that the investigation into JonBenet’s slaying remains open.

Chief Greg Testa said investigators have collected 1,500 pieces of evidence, including the analysis of 200 DNA samples, traveled to 18 states to interview about 1,000 people and have received, reviewed or investigated more than 20,000 tips, letters or emails.

CBS is airing a six-part television docuseries “The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey” in which investigators are teaming up with new experts to re-examine the evidence using today’s technology and forensics. The first episode aired Sept. 18.

Burke Ramsey was interviewed last month on the TV show “Dr. Phil.”
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/06/jo ... thologist/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby identity » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:36 am

Just watched the recent CBS special on the case, which makes a strong case for her brother Burke being the (accidental?) killer, with both parents covering up for him.

The show is viewable here:

Reddit comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/53lcz6/theyve_definitely_convinced_me_that_burke_killed/?limit=500

From the show:

Gretchen Smith (Boulder police officer):

"Well, the parents of the child, they had money; the D.A.'s office and some of the administration did not want to hear that an affluent member of the community was guilty of a crime like this. They didn't want to hear that. They didn't want to solve this crime."

Steve Thomas (former co-lead investigator):

"I remember [...] Bill Hagmire said, 'Mr. District Attorney, no disrespect intended, but a little girl is mouldering in the ground, and something needs to be done; are you going to call a grand jury?' And I'll never forget Alex Hunter, the D. A.'s, response:

'I need to get with my people. This is a political decision.' "
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby SonicG » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 am

Ahh, interesting...I just ran across this:

JonBenét Ramsey’s brother is suing CBS for $750 million

Back in September, we reported that the Ramsey family was planning to sue CBS over the contents of its recent true crime docuseries The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey, which posited that the child beauty queen was murdered by her then-9-year-old brother Burke. Today, People reports that Burke Ramsey has gone forward with that claim, asking for $750 million in damages from the network, as well as the production company that produced the show. The claim is divided into $250 million in compensatory damages, and $500 million in punitive damages for allowing or encouraging a team of experts to call Ramsey a murderer on national network TV.

The series posited itself as a scientific effort to unravel the long-lingering mystery of Ramsey’s death. However, critics dinged the show as “hazy” and “subjective,” suggesting that the experts made too many leaps in their efforts to come to a definitive conclusion. Meanwhile, Burke Ramsey is also separately suing one of those experts—forensic pathologist Dr. Werner Spitz—for $150 million for his part in the show.
http://www.avclub.com/article/jonbenet- ... ion-247791

How was the tv doc then? I remember delving heavily into it and think that is also the most likely...Amazing how it still has legs...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby SonicG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 am

"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Marionumber1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:50 pm

I concur with the earlier posters on this thread who believe that JonBenet was killed as a result of her forced participation in a child prostitution ring involving John Ramsey and the Whites. There are various pieces of evidence I've been gathering on my deep politics wiki: http://cavdef.org/w/index.php?title=JonBenet_Ramsey_murder For instance, it appears (based on the analysis by Donald Freed and a statement by the first FBI agent on the scene) that there was high-level political will to prevent the case being investigated properly from day one, leading the Boulder police department to make some baffling mistakes in their initial investigation. And there are some other disturbing rabbit holes to go down, like the controversial Cathy O'Brien's (yes) claims about a stun gun video and whether John Ramsey's eldest daughter from his previous marriage was murdered.
Marionumber1

Postby Jerky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Doesn't a crack to the skull seem like an unlikely method for a ritual slaying though?

Personally, the Ramseys don't strike me as the secret swinger elite, Eyes Wide Shut type. More like the Plastic American Millionaire McMansion-dweller type, aka the Society Pages People.

My best guess is Burke (a disturbed child by all accounts) killed her, and the parents went into panic/crisis mode and covered it up.

Isn't that bad enough without having to toss in a bunch of ritual occult abuse?

And to say that Cathy O'Brien is controversial is like saying the Titanic's maiden voyage didn't quite go as planned.

J.
Jerky

Postby Marionumber1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 pm

I don't believe that it was a Satanic sacrifice-type situation, but rather a sick pedophile game gone wrong. Although her brother Burke killing her is technically a simpler scenario, it also fails to account for all the aspects of the case. Particularly, there's the evidence of chronic sexual abuse to JonBenet, which the coroner relayed to Det. Linda Arndt, a panel of medical experts hired by the Boulder police unanimously concluded, and Dr. Cyril Wecht (more well known for his criticism of the JFK autopsy) also concurred with. That alone makes Burke a less likely suspect. He certainly was a disturbed child, but in light of the chronic sexual abuse of his sister and some of his behaviors like smearing feces, it seems more likely to me that they were both victims.

There are also a couple key pieces of evidence pointing to a pedophile ring:
  • Nancy Krebs, a child abuse victim with a confirmed family ties to John Ramsey's then-best friend Fleet White, implicated Fleet White Jr. (John's friend), Fleet White Sr., and John Ramsey ("Uncle Johnny") in a child abuse network. After interviewing Krebs, Boulder police waved her away as having nothing of value to offer, even though they made virtually no effort to follow up on any leads she provided. Krebs said that the abuse included controlled ligature strangulation and blows to the head when they were disobedient, which matches the two major injuries JonBenet sustained. Dr. Wecht's own medical conclusions, that JonBenet asphyxiated in a sex game gone wrong, match up almost exactly with Krebs' account.
  • The child pageant scene in which JonBenet participated had its own cast of troubling characters. Randy Simons, the top-notch private photographer who took the now-famous pageant shots of JonBenet, approached one pageant mother about taking nude photographs of her daughter. Following JonBenet's murder, he freaked out and fled town, leaving behind his wife and children. He claimed that a "paramilitary" group was following him, feeling particularly concerned that the group was after his photographic negatives, and expressed concern over "inappropriate" photos of JonBenet being released. (All this was documented by Stephen Singular in his book Presumed Guilty)

Furthermore, the grand jury actually voted to indict the Ramseys as accessories to their daughter's murder. Provided the grand jury made the right call (which I believe they did), that essentially supports one of only two possibilities: covering for Burke or covering for someone outside the family who abused their daughter (i.e. pedophile ring). Based on the indictments themselves, it is more likely to be the latter. One of the counts is that the Ramseys "did ... permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey", and unless Burke was really that much of an imminent danger, it's highly unlikely that taking her home and putting her to bed was unreasonably placing her in a threatening situation. Another one of the counts is that the Ramseys "did ... render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the first degree and child abuse resulting in death". First degree murder and child abuse (particularly the latter) are more likely to apply to an adult than to a 9-year-old kid who many BDI theorists believe committed the murder accidentally anyway.

And then there is, as I mentioned, the baffling law enforcement response. Donald Freed explained it quite well. It's worth remembering what the crime initially looked like: a kidnapping of a a defense contractor executive's daughter by a "foreign faction". That the FBI didn't take control of investigating something that appeared to have major terrorism/national security implications is rather unusual, and as a result, the inexperienced Boulder PD botched the investigation from very early on, failing to secure the crime scene or separate the Ramseys. Obviously, the kidnapping turned out to be a ruse, but there's no way that could have been known in advance, unless somebody already had knowledge of what the crime really entailed. (For that matter, how did Lockheed Martin know in advance? I haven't found a video yet, but regional Lockheed Martin security chief Norm Early is said to have asked on TV why nobody else at LM was informed of the apparent threat.) One of the few FBI agents who was involved on the periphery also criticized the high-level command staff at the Boulder PD for "[inhibiting] the officers and the detectives from doing the job that they knew they needed to do": getting separate statements from John and Patsy. Det. Linda Arndt claims she repeatedly called for backup from the BPD which never arrived. It appears to me like the investigation was meant to be compromised from the beginning.

There are certainly a lot of other weird aspects swirling around the JBR case that add to my suspicions. But everything mentioned above is the core of why I consider it likely that a pedophile ring was involved.
Marionumber1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion