One atomic particle of total species-wide insanity

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby OP ED » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 pm

I really liked the Filth, though after reading it like thirty times I still have no idea what it is supposed to be about or exactly what happens in it.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: One atomic particle of total species-wide insanity

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 am

For no good reason that I can see, the story of the bus beheading has reappeared at number three on the 'most read' stories list on the BBC News website today. Not sure if it's just a mistake, but it's the same story they put up in way back in July 2008, with no changes that I can see.

At the top of the story it says: "Page last updated at 22:18 GMT, Thursday, 31 July 2008 23:18 UK "

And yet it is again one of the most-read stories, on 23 May 2010:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/l ... ml/map.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7535840.stm?lsm

An unfortunate confluence of headlines there:

Passenger Beheaded on Canada Bus
Cuts Will Be Painful, Says Clegg

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Avalon » Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 am

Season finale of Grey's Anatomy this week, deranged gunman shooting lots of doctors (several dead), gallons of blood flowing. Cut to Target ad with slogan they've been running recently, "Life is a moving target." Sheesh.
Avalon

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:27 am

It could've been worse, Avalon. You could've been watching the finale of LOST. It had all the same Target adverts, from what I've heard, and a fair bit of motiveless shooting too - but it was also just pure, unadulterated, Scientiological rubbish in and of itself. I've never heard of a case where the writers of a show layed anti-tank mines under the path of their own story before.

At least Grey's Anatomy never made the kind of existential promises that LOST made to the viewer. It's ending didn't involve demigods fighting over an eternal fountain inside a volcano, did it? If not, you should count yourself lucky!

Christ. LOST got bad quick. Well, it took three years... but it went bad quick.

Also, I've noticed quite a few much older stories being bumped up the BBC lists recently. Keep an eye out, you UK-ers. Is it a known phenomenon? Is it something the BBC does itself? I hadn't noticed it before, but there are some strange old stories resurfacing everyday.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Previous

Return to General Discussion