Lindauer developments...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Lindauer developments...

Postby justdrew » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Former congressional aide ruled unfit for trial
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A former aide in the U.S. Congress charged with giving secret information to Iraqi intelligence agents is mentally incompetent to stand trial, a federal judge has ruled.

Susan Lindauer, 45, a former journalist who worked as a press aide to several members of Congress, was arrested in 2004 and accused of passing information to Iraqi intelligence agents about Iraqi dissidents living in the United States.

She was not charged with espionage but was accused of receiving $10,000 dollars for her services.

A psychiatrist called by prosecutors testified at a hearing on Monday that Lindauer was unfit to stand trial as she had a delusional optimism about her chances of winning the case.

U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska sided with prosecutors, ruling that Lindauer was mentally unfit for trial.

That followed a similar ruling in 2006 by Judge Michael Mukasey, now the U.S. attorney general, who described the charges as weak but said Lindauer was disturbed.

Lindauer, a distant relative of former White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, claimed she was targeted by the government for saying the Iraq war would be a disaster. She insisted on going to trial to defend herself against the charges.

At that time doctors for both the defense and prosecution found she suffered from delusions of grandeur and paranoia.

"I was effectively gagged and silenced," Lindauer said in a statement at the hearing.

===
also, http://discuss.epluribusmedia.net/node/1908
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 am

Kelly O'Meara was also called to the stand in Lindauer's behalf. O'Meara served as a senior congressional staffer for over two decades. She did investigative work for members of Congress on the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and the 1996 TWA Flight 800 crash on Long Island Sound in 1996. She's a former investigative reporter for Insight Magazine and the Washington Times and author of Psyched Out: How Psychiatry Sells Mental Illness and Pushes Pills that Kill, a recent book on the dangers of psychiatric medication.

Oh, goody, a Moonie. What's Moon's role in this?
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 am

well, O'Meara might not be a 'moonie' they do employ some regular humans from time to time. "links" to moonies is a ground for caution though, but perhaps it was just needing to work and they were hiring.

Here's a 2001 article by O'Meara about... and yes we have BINGO now... PROMIS

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_4_17/ai_72275448
justdrew

Postby zhivkov » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks justdrew-I hadn't thought about the Lindauer case since I read Jeffs Markovian Parallax Denigrate post-its always incredible to me how intertwined these cases are. I can't imagine what they have done to that poor womans mind.
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Postby justdrew » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 am

yeah, or what they're about to.

if it's such a weak case, and she's not 'competent to stand trial' after all this time the charges should be dismissed.
justdrew

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 pm

That Reuters blurb sure is incomplete. But we do see Mr. Mukasey mentioned and consider how he came to be Attorney General. By playing ball with spooks.

chiggerbit wrote:
Kelly O'Meara was also called to the stand in Lindauer's behalf. O'Meara served as a senior congressional staffer for over two decades. She did investigative work for members of Congress on the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and the 1996 TWA Flight 800 crash on Long Island Sound in 1996. She's a former investigative reporter for Insight Magazine and the Washington Times and author of Psyched Out: How Psychiatry Sells Mental Illness and Pushes Pills that Kill, a recent book on the dangers of psychiatric medication.

Actually, Kelly O'Meara is a darn good investigative reporter who used to be the chief-of-staff to Rep. Michael Forbes (R-NY). Yes, there is a Republican background to consider. But O'Meara got serious about exposing spook dirt when TWA800 was hit by a missile just off NYCity in July 1996.

TWA800 went down in Forbes' district and O'Meara was hot on the cover-up expose along with Kristina Borjesson who included the story in the 2004 book she edited about suppressed news, 'Into the Buzzsaw.'

O'Meara was pressured out of her job and went to write for Insight where she broke the story of US military excercises in the area of the TWA800 incident in the 9/20/99 issue of Insight.

So think "TWA800 whistleblower" when you think "O'Meara," not Moonies.

This book, 'Into the Buzzsaw,' has an article by Gary Webb called 'The Mighty Wurlitzer Plays On' all about the media reactions to his 1996 Dark Alliance series on CIA drug trafficking. A must for your library.

Page 150 in Webb's article is a scene I simply must post-
I remember arguing with a producer at a CNN news show shortly before I was to go on the air that I didn't want him asking me to explain "my allegations" because these stories weren't my allegations. I was a journalist reporting events that had actually occurred. You could document them, and we had.

"Well, you gotta understand my position," he mumbled. "The CIA isn't admitting it. So we're going to call it an allegation. You can understand that, right?"

"Are you telling me that until the day that the CIA confesses to drug trafficking, CNN's position is that these events may not even have happened?" I snapped. "What the fuck is that? When did we give the CIA the power to define reality?"

There's a good sig quote from Gary Webb's lips-
"What the fuck is that? When did we give the CIA the power to define reality?"
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby MinM » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Apparently 'the guy who tried to get forced medication for Susan Lindauer' is the same guy trying to derail "Troopergate":

Edward O'Callaghan quits "War on Terror" to 'Save Sarah'
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:That Reuters blurb sure is incomplete. But we do see Mr. Mukasey mentioned and consider how he came to be Attorney General. By playing ball with spooks.

chiggerbit wrote:

Actually, Kelly O'Meara is a darn good investigative reporter who used to be the chief-of-staff to Rep. Michael Forbes (R-NY). Yes, there is a Republican background to consider. But O'Meara got serious about exposing spook dirt when TWA800 was hit by a missile just off NYCity in July 1996.

TWA800 went down in Forbes' district and O'Meara was hot on the cover-up expose along with Kristina Borjesson who included the story in the 2004 book she edited about suppressed news, 'Into the Buzzsaw.'

O'Meara was pressured out of her job and went to write for Insight where she broke the story of US military excercises in the area of the TWA800 incident in the 9/20/99 issue of Insight.

So think "TWA800 whistleblower" when you think "O'Meara," not Moonies.

This book, 'Into the Buzzsaw,' has an article by Gary Webb called 'The Mighty Wurlitzer Plays On' all about the media reactions to his 1996 Dark Alliance series on CIA drug trafficking. A must for your library.

Page 150 in Webb's article is a scene I simply must post-
I remember arguing with a producer at a CNN news show shortly before I was to go on the air that I didn't want him asking me to explain "my allegations" because these stories weren't my allegations. I was a journalist reporting events that had actually occurred. You could document them, and we had.

"Well, you gotta understand my position," he mumbled. "The CIA isn't admitting it. So we're going to call it an allegation. You can understand that, right?"

"Are you telling me that until the day that the CIA confesses to drug trafficking, CNN's position is that these events may not even have happened?" I snapped. "What the fuck is that? When did we give the CIA the power to define reality?"

There's a good sig quote from Gary Webb's lips-
"What the fuck is that? When did we give the CIA the power to define reality?"

Catherine Austin Fitts has some of Kelly O'Meara's work posted here:

The Missing Money: Trillions of dollars are missing from the US government
http://solari.com/archive/missing_money

And speaking of CNN producers and "reporters":

TV producer found dead, kid at feet
In Candy's room
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/atty ... _room.html
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby justdrew » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Julie Horner Lankamp's Media Mellons, Inc. production company did a lot of work for the fragrance industry. big in perfume. hmm.

The fucking cops are calling everything suicide or overdose now to keep statistics down. so who knows if they'll even really try to find out what happened.
justdrew

Return to General Discussion