Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 am

DrEvil » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:26 pm wrote:Just had a look over at rigint's assisted living facility.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Blue » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:01 pm wrote:No one is a hero because the bubble of American reality is so fucked at this point even Jesus Christ would have to pimp his ride and make absurd quips while half-shaving his face just to get face time on the twitterverse.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Cordelia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:16 am

Asta » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 pm wrote:I think every living thing on this planet has a soul and is only limited in its interactions/relationships/communications by its own unique physical parameters. If Dolphins had opposable thumbs, well, just imagine for a moment what that might have meant to the entire species in its evolution.

Sometimes I wonder if our planet is sentient.

Sometimes I wonder if humans are really sentient.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

hey, where's that 'eating popcorn' emoji?

Postby IanEye » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Burnt Hill » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm wrote:

Emoticon Concern Troll, Priceless!

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Sounder » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 pm wrote:When people are promoting war they lose all claims of credibility to having humanitarian values or care for the environment.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:19 pm

"Kindness is the thread that weaves us all together." - me
thrulookingglass

Postby Cordelia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm

thrulookingglass » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm wrote:
"Kindness is the thread that weaves us all together."

:thumbsup
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm

The Consul » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 pm wrote:The clowns now run the circus and their souls run sour with torrents of revenge.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Elvis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 pm wrote:That said, I do think things will get worse before they get worse. Trump is likely the gateway thug.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:57 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 am wrote:Might as well ask how many strawmen can dance on the head of a pin.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Elvis » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 pm

dada wrote:

"The answer (in my opinion) to political questions is not to be found in politics. Nothing less than a total revolution in thought is required. My role is to help spark that revolution. Others may have different roles."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 pm

PufPuf93 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:The "hidden hands" or PTB or "deep state" is a term for me to describe actors that are occult, perhaps even not consciously working together, always to be a mystery and probably not that fixed but always with humanity through history and more so civilization.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Asta » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:36 pm wrote:Also in the spirit of April, I am not blind to the irony of Easter falling on April Fools Day. That Sunday may turn out to be on the news in a very sad way. I hope not, but this country has contracted rabies. I’m staying home.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:52 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:
Burnt Hill » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm wrote:The copy/paste argument has got to go.
If I were moderator I would insist we stop complaining about something that is a necessary and appreciated sharing of information. Its getting old, just scroll down and quit complaining, or maybe read the article and comment on it.
:mad2

It's too damn long for a thread with discussion going. It's a lot of scrolling! I'm not always logged in, so "foe" doesn't work and scroll-scroll-scroll it goes just to reach someone's one-liner before the next scroll-scroll-scroll. It's impolite. A headline, a few paragraphs and the link suffice. I did it in the days of the Wall Street thread, but no one was complaining because that one moved a lot slower, and, humbly, I was finding a lot of different perspectives. If one fears the Memory Hole (that used to be the justification, for me too) and therefore wants to archive full articles, I'm for it but not in the middle of active discussions. Often it's done passive-aggressively, as an answer to someone's point.

Perfect summary of my thoughts on this 'phenomenon' (and I would wager we're not alone in this sentiment).
Well done, JR.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't feel too bad about your having to scroll through a copy/pasted article.
Normally I would suggest just reading the darn thing.
But I scroll right through a lot of crap too, never thought to complain about scrolling through - maybe complain about the article itself.
And sure, weaponized copy/pasta is poor technique,
Anyway it was more in response to the idea that this very thread was fouled by "copypasta".
So cheers :cheers:

Belligerent Savant wrote:.

JackRiddler » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:
Burnt Hill » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 pm wrote:The copy/paste argument has got to go.
If I were moderator I would insist we stop complaining about something that is a necessary and appreciated sharing of information. Its getting old, just scroll down and quit complaining, or maybe read the article and comment on it.
:mad2

It's too damn long for a thread with discussion going. It's a lot of scrolling! I'm not always logged in, so "foe" doesn't work and scroll-scroll-scroll it goes just to reach someone's one-liner before the next scroll-scroll-scroll. It's impolite. A headline, a few paragraphs and the link suffice. I did it in the days of the Wall Street thread, but no one was complaining because that one moved a lot slower, and, humbly, I was finding a lot of different perspectives. If one fears the Memory Hole (that used to be the justification, for me too) and therefore wants to archive full articles, I'm for it but not in the middle of active discussions. Often it's done passive-aggressively, as an answer to someone's point.

Perfect summary of my thoughts on this 'phenomenon' (and I would wager we're not alone in this sentiment).
Well done, JR.

* First time I ever used that "mad2" smilie, felt good.
Burnt Hill

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie