Original RI quotes only

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Original RI quotes only

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:44 pm

The Consul wrote:It is all a fantasy. Personally I believe you could compete with Hollywood now by simply gathering people in comfortable places with vibrating furniture with dynamic lighting and mood music where they would pop the endless patches of bubblewrap they buy at the door for $10 sq yard for hours and hours and hours.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:40 pm

"dude, those are cop headlights"

82_28
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby hanshan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 am

The Consul:

well, I could have said, "LET'S HOPE SO! " and I have to admit there is a sliver of me that does. Still, the odds are stacked pretty high on collapse. I think we are being conditioned to become zombies. We will just become these fat pustules though which commerce passes on its way to profit. On lighter days it could be differently phrased but Patrick Henry's "The greatest preoccupation of mankind is to indulge in the illusion of hope" remains a deep tatoo on my consciousness. All other forms of madness are co opted by banal marketing.

Pilger is a prize we must strive harder to attain.

context:
/...
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27622&p=496411#p496411
hanshan

Postby vondardanelle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 am

ianeye wrote: i will do what i always do, add a bed of music to the images in my mind to give it a sense of order & cohesion.
vondardanelle

Postby psynapz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Novem5er wrote:I fully admit, and kind of suspect, other members of the conspiracy in the crowd or behind the scene. I don't think these two guys did this all on their own. I can't imagine that they just got together over a game of beer-pong one night and said, "You know, bro... I have this crazy idea. You in?"
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Simulist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 pm

barracuda wrote:This is Ri, where suppression means you can say anything you want, and bullying is when someone doesn't post a little hug emoticon after you say it.

:hug1:
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

FourthBase wrote:If the next post you make isn't quotes that back up your claim...
Then I'm reporting you to the mods for whatever serious violation you're doing.
(And since we both know your claims are bullshit, prepare to be suspended.)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 am

Canadian_watcher wrote:there are some people who cannot deal with information if it isn't presented to them on a specific type of china from a specific side of the table
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 09, 2013 6:12 am

drew wrote:you know, it's incredibly hard to know what the fuck is ever going on about anything. and that's an understatement.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby FourthBase » Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 am

c2w? wrote:You're dealing with civil servants. So think like a bureaucrat, sting like a bee.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Fri May 10, 2013 8:05 am

Joe Hillshoist wrote:Are you trying to psychologically manipulate me so I won't be psychologically manipulated?
FourthBase

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 am

FourthBase wrote:
Joe Hillshoist wrote:Are you trying to psychologically manipulate me so I won't be psychologically manipulated?

^ that was conniption that said that, Joe Hillshoist was quoting him.
Burnt Hill

Postby FourthBase » Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

Myself right now wrote:My mistake. It's a superb question, hilarious, embodies the very thing it suspects, and what it suspects is a noble ambition, in my opinion. Indoctrinate others so that they cannot be indoctrinated by anyone. Etc. There is not only nothing wrong with that kind of reverse-manipulation, but it is in fact anti-manipulation, non-manipulation. It is a cure. It might even be: Our salvation.
FourthBase

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri May 10, 2013 2:21 pm

FourthBase wrote:
Myself right now wrote:My mistake. It's a superb question, hilarious, embodies the very thing it suspects, and what it suspects is a noble ambition, in my opinion. Indoctrinate others so that they cannot be indoctrinated by anyone. Etc. There is not only nothing wrong with that kind of reverse-manipulation, but it is in fact anti-manipulation, non-manipulation. It is a cure. It might even be: Our salvation.
Burnt Hill

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Tue May 14, 2013 11:57 am

Canadian_watcher wrote:The AP is more of a primary resource as opposed to almost every single 'news' outlet currently in operation in the US, which I agree are already in place to divide the public - half the truth comes out of the 'left media' and the other half comes out of the 'right media' and they laugh because the US population will NOT look at both sides - ever - and therefore they'll never see that the whole truth is right before them.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie