Alien Invasion: Diagnosis Serious

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: meanwhile, another quote

Postby agitprop » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:49 pm

Lord Balto wrote:Joke is probably the wrong analogy. The logic of UFO encounters resembles that of dreams. The Hill Star Map, for example, is what happens to a road map of New England when you run it through dream logic. From personal experience, it is quite difficult to distinguish a realistic dream from reality even when your rational mind tells you the little guys you're looking at can't possibly be real. Add to this the tendency of realistic dreams to be remembered as reality (misfiled) by the brain and you have the makings of a mythology. There is even an element in dream production where an external physical perception will lead to an alteration in the dream, so that it is not surprising that there are "physical traces" associated with UFO encounters. The question we really need to ask is whether dreams themselves are more than just illusions generated by the sleeping brain or whether they have a certain reality of their own.

You are speaking about abduction, no doubt, which doesn't translate as a joke, granted. I'm thinking of a multiple witness siting by a group of people sharing an outdoor barbecue, for example. This kind of event is much different than an abduction scenario, and is a perfect example of clashing realms of experience. However, now that people are more used to the idea of ufos, the subject is handled differently by the group and individual mind. I'm describing recent history, more than the here and now.

Extreme fear usually wakes you up, when you're dreaming. Fear is the dominant emotion that a person experiences with abduction....and not garden variety fear either. This fear is so over the top, so ramped up and extreme, you'd have to experience it to actually believe it. The abduction experience is far stranger than dream life, which in itself is much stranger and different in nature than we can conceive of. It makes mince meat of our current conceptual categories, waking dreaming, real unreal, inside outside, mental physical, spiritual mundane.

As someone who has had recurring hypnagogic imagery since my teens, I can suggest that it bears only the most superficial resemblance to one of these episodes. But, here it gets interesting. It IS quite possible that individuals who are susceptible to altered states are more likely to access or be accessed, perhaps simply because they are more easily hypnotized. And yes, this could all be done remotely. But the locus of control is not the abductee him/herself. The event is somehow mediated by an external source of intelligence.

I completely agree with your take on dreams, though. I just don't think anyone could maintain a sleep or even an REM state for some of what I went through.
agitprop

Blog: View Blog (0)

Consciousness, dreams, abductions

Postby Lord Balto » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:32 pm

agitprop wrote:
Lord Balto wrote:Joke is probably the wrong analogy. The logic of UFO encounters resembles that of dreams. The Hill Star Map, for example, is what happens to a road map of New England when you run it through dream logic. From personal experience, it is quite difficult to distinguish a realistic dream from reality even when your rational mind tells you the little guys you're looking at can't possibly be real. Add to this the tendency of realistic dreams to be remembered as reality (misfiled) by the brain and you have the makings of a mythology. There is even an element in dream production where an external physical perception will lead to an alteration in the dream, so that it is not surprising that there are "physical traces" associated with UFO encounters. The question we really need to ask is whether dreams themselves are more than just illusions generated by the sleeping brain or whether they have a certain reality of their own.

You are speaking about abduction, no doubt, which doesn't translate as a joke, granted. I'm thinking of a multiple witness siting by a group of people sharing an outdoor barbecue, for example. This kind of event is much different than an abduction scenario, and is a perfect example of clashing realms of experience. However, now that people are more used to the idea of ufos, the subject is handled differently by the group and individual mind. I'm describing recent history, more than the here and now.

Extreme fear usually wakes you up, when you're dreaming. Fear is the dominant emotion that a person experiences with abduction....and not garden variety fear either. This fear is so over the top, so ramped up and extreme, you'd have to experience it to actually believe it. The abduction experience is far stranger than dream life, which in itself is much stranger and different in nature than we can conceive of. It makes mince meat of our current conceptual categories, waking dreaming, real unreal, inside outside, mental physical, spiritual mundane.

As someone who has had recurring hypnagogic imagery since my teens, I can suggest that it bears only the most superficial resemblance to one of these episodes. But, here it gets interesting. It IS quite possible that individuals who are susceptible to altered states are more likely to access or be accessed, perhaps simply because they are more easily hypnotized. And yes, this could all be done remotely. But the locus of control is not the abductee him/herself. The event is somehow mediated by an external source of intelligence.

I completely agree with your take on dreams, though. I just don't think anyone could maintain a sleep or even an REM state for some of what I went through.

I have heard some of the Barney Hill hypnosis tapes (at a Mensa meeting in NYC years ago), so I understand the depth of his fear. Actually, I once had a dream similar to what Whitley Strieber describes, and I was scared, and I couldn't wake up. In fact, I kept dreaming I had woken up, just to find I was still dreaming. It was only the final level where I saw the little men that I finally willed myself to wake up--I assure you, it wasn't easy. There was a definite feeling of traveling a long ways through some kind of intervening space--not clear like outer space but cloudy or foggy and impenetrable.

The problem is that dreams are thought of as if they were embedded in physical reality, the way the mind is supposed to be embedded somehow in, and generated by, the brain. Let me propose an alternative:

Individual consciousness can be accessed by various realities: waking reality, dreaming reality, hypnotic reality, abduction/UFO reality. Some of these are what we might call natural, and some are what we would call unnatural or synthetic or external. Whether this individual consciousness is tunable by the individual or externally, or whether it is somehow fixed for any given individual, I don't know. If it is tunable, it sounds like you haven't learned how to do it, leaving you open to hypnogogic hallucinations.

By the way, I've been reading 1 Samuel lately, mainly looking for chronological and dynastic clues, and I still can't wrap my brain around the facility with which these characters claim to talk to Yahweh. I did notice, however, that anointing (literally pouring some kind of oil on their head) seems to open up the channel. I have to wonder what kind of oil they were using.
Lord Balto

Postby agitprop » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 am

Balto, I certainly can't argue with your experiences, just relating my own. It's a really big universe and the beings could be the product of any number of phenomena. I do think as a working hypothesis, though, we shouldn't dismiss all accounts as being purely esoteric in nature. I think you are thinking beyond rudimentary categories, so that's a real plus.

I am most interested in dreams, too. I had a recurring dream every other day, for the past 15 years, of being in a certain place, looking at certain types of houses. They were mansions and had recently been abandoned in what seemed to be some kind of rapid economic shock. I just wander around, amazed that so many houses are sitting empty. It could just be my imagination (whatever that is, exactly) but it feels almost like I am living an entire other existence, elsewhere, or it is a foreshadowing of something I will live through. It's really odd to wake up 3 or 4 times a week, knowing you've just had that dream again.

On a side note, you attended Mensa meetings? If you don't mind me asking and if it doesn't hijack the thread, what on earth are they like? Do people sit around and try to "outsmart" each other? Is it a smug-a-thon? :P
agitprop

Postby Jeff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:31 am

monster wrote:Also, some viruses discovered recently really blur the line between living and non-living (mimivirus). In fact, there is a virus that actually feeds off of the mimivirus!

As it often goes, I was just reading about mimiviruses:

Huge New Virus Defies Classification

Even Viruses Catch Viruses
Jeff
Site Admin

parallel thread

Postby Aeolus Kephas » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:31 am

certainly is getting interesting here. Dreams are def. the key. Will post more soon, but meanwhile, there's a parallel thread unfolding at http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... sc&start=0
"We are all skating on thin existence."
www.aeoluskephas.com/forum
Aeolus Kephas

Postby Lord Balto » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:49 am

agitprop wrote:Balto, I certainly can't argue with your experiences, just relating my own. It's a really big universe and the beings could be the product of any number of phenomena. I do think as a working hypothesis, though, we shouldn't dismiss all accounts as being purely esoteric in nature. I think you are thinking beyond rudimentary categories, so that's a real plus.

I am most interested in dreams, too. I had a recurring dream every other day, for the past 15 years, of being in a certain place, looking at certain types of houses. They were mansions and had recently been abandoned in what seemed to be some kind of rapid economic shock. I just wander around, amazed that so many houses are sitting empty. It could just be my imagination (whatever that is, exactly) but it feels almost like I am living an entire other existence, elsewhere, or it is a foreshadowing of something I will live through. It's really odd to wake up 3 or 4 times a week, knowing you've just had that dream again.

On a side note, you attended Mensa meetings? If you don't mind me asking and if it doesn't hijack the thread, what on earth are they like? Do people sit around and try to "outsmart" each other? Is it a smug-a-thon? :P

By not esoteric, you mean nuts & bolts? I certainly don't dismiss that possibility, but the dreamlike characteristics would indicate to me that even if these are technological devices, something about them triggers dreamlike phenomena. From what I understand of Vallee's argument in Messengers, he suspects that many of the subjective characteristics are generated by some kind of EM field.

I too have had recurring dreams, sometimes the same one and sometimes what appear to be parts of a larger meta-dream. It occurred to me at some point that the dream was continuing when I was awake and that I was simply "looking in" on it from time to time as it progressed. And I have also had what I call "architectural" dreams, though in mine the houses are not deserted and I only see one at a time and they are often not completed. They are always huge constructions and sometimes they are appointed in the most spectacular way. I think these may be classic examples of Freud's wish-fulfillment dreams. You don't suppose you subconsciously want to live in a world with less people?

As for Mensa, these were not your usual local meetings that pretty much just involve having guest speakers who talk on interesting topics. The average Mensan really isn't interested in "showing off" his intelligence. The meetings I was referring to were kind of ad hoc regional meetings where the NYC group was having special Saturday meetings with really high-powered guests and inviting members from other locations. This particular meeting had John Fuller, author of The Interrupted Journey about the Barney and Betty Hill "abduction" case. Fuller had been in the New Hampshire area writing Incident at Exeter when he heard about their experience. His presentation of the hypnosis tapes was so powerful, you could literally hear a pin drop. The room was dead silent except for the sound of Barney Hill's voice and that of his psychologist.

I later saw Betty at a UFO conference in Chicago. My impression at the time was that she was a bit on the ditsy side. I also saw Ray Palmer there just before he died and ended up at the same banquet table with Kenneth Arnold and his drop-dead gorgeous daughter. Arnold appeared to be a fairly ordinary kind of guy and not some crank looking for publicity or to make a fast buck. Funny thing is I never saw Arnold and Palmer together.

In any event, I woke up early the second day of the convention and walked around the neighborhood of the hotel, or at least I remember it as really happening. I noticed what looked like the wall of a large sky scraper--but without the other three walls. I couldn't for the life of me understand how it managed to remain standing. I later asked around in various chatrooms whether anyone living in Chicago knew about this construction and they all thought I was nuts. So the question is, could it be that a sufficient concentration of people subject to have peculiar experiences generate some kind of field (physical? psychic?) that draws in others not normally subject to such experiences? This would tend to explain why whole groups of people--the folks at the "barbecue" previously mentioned--see the same UFO at the same time.
Lord Balto

Postby Aeolus Kephas » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 pm

I’d say there are three principle interpretation systems by which to approach the Ufo: magikal, scientific, and religious. In the first, we are dealing with inorganic beings or occult forces (Qliphoth, Kundalini, etc), in the second literal space ships, parallel universes, viruses (or psi-ops), in the third, gods, angels, demons, etc. But there is a fourth possible interpretation system, one that potentially reconciles the other three: that of the artist for whom make-believe is real and reality make-believe. What would William Blake or Shakespeare have made of alien abductions? The mouth waters to ponder it. (Closest we have to a literary genius considering the Alien is perhaps William Burroughs.)

The challenge of the Ufo and the Alien is to use the clues and the “evidence” not towards the end of figuring out what is “really” going on, but as raw material for spinning a new and greater Myth than the one we currently live by. If these “beings” or this “Force” come from another reality altogether (that of the “Soul”?), it figures that they, it, would not be bound by the rules of our reality at all. That means that all bets are off—there is simply no way for us to formulate any theory or opinion at all (much less moral judgment!) about these phenomena. Like God, the only way to know it would be to experience it directly, and the only authentic experience of it would be through a gnosis, or cellular transformation, by which we would become one with it. Meanwhile, it will never submit to our understanding, so long as we experience it as phenomena outside of ourselves.

Hence, dreams are not only an authentic doorway to the “abduction/visitation” experience, they are probably the only one (besides creative imagination) that is reliable. In dreams, we are conscious of the fact that, as individuals (by definition), we exist in our own, separate reality tunnel. Each of us exists in our own universe, and the illusion of sharing a consensus reality, I believe, has only been made possible by the intercession of these same beings—be they gods, archons, or DNA gremlins. What that means is they have “created” our reality to begin with, so naturally they can be anything they choose to be when “entering into” (emerging through) it.

If they are a collective or “hive” consciousness, the only way for us to really meet them on their own terms would be for ourselves to become a collective awareness also, to relinquish the illusion of a separate self, and emerge from the tunnel vision of our personal identities.

Isn’t this partly—or primarily—what these forums are all about?

The reason “they” come to us in dreams is perhaps because, for one thing, we are most vulnerable, most open, in the dream state. When asleep, the self becomes fluid and transparent. In dreams, we have the potential to become lucid, i.e., to consciously experience “external” reality as the projection of our own psyches—in other words, to meet the Other halfway, and recognize it as an aspect of our greater selves.

agitprop wrote:
The abduction experience is far stranger than dream life,

Subjective statement surely! Though some of my weirdest dreams have been of alien interaction, the weirdest ones of all aren’t. And probably my most powerful and irrefutable encounters with “the Alien” have not been in dreaming per se, but in the twilight zone between sleep and waking, during body paralysis, when I have experienced a presence in the room as real as any burglar. During this overlap of the hypnogogic state, apparently, our psyches are open wide, both to receive and ‘transmit’ the experience of other realities beyond this one. (As in dreams, we create as much as witness - create by witnessing? - our experiences.) Since we are not bound by the rules of our interpretation system, and have as it were temporarily “unplugged” from the Consensus, we exist in an in-between state of forgetting, in which the laws (i.e., habits) which we take for granted are temporarily suspended. Put simply, our shields are down and the reality of the Imaginal is able to come seeping or crashing in on us, taking full form in the realm of the actual.

All the evidence suggests this is now occurring on a collective scale, more or less exactly as if we, as a species, were slowly waking from a dream (or falling all the way into total slumber?), entering the hypnologic state where anything can happen, and probably will.

In a sense, we can believe whatever we choose to believe about the alien phenomenon—not in the credulous manner of the New Ager or True Believer (or nuts and bolts scientist), but with the creative vision and fearlessness of the Poet or Visionary. And what we conjure with our belief is what we have to live with. To paraphrase Keats: the alien can be compared to Adam’s dream: he awoke and found it truth.
Aeolus Kephas

re: consensus

Postby hanshan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Lord Balto says:

So the question is, could it be that a sufficient
concentration of people subject to have peculiar
experiences generate some kind of field (physical? psychic?)
that draws in others not normally subject to such
experiences? This would tend to explain why whole
groups of people--the folks at the "barbecue" previously
mentioned--see the same UFO at the same time.

Interesting. Possible If you haven't seen this
you 'll probably find it absorbing

http://www.firedocs.com/bewilderness/

hanshan

Postby agitprop » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Aeolus Kephas wrote:I’d say there are three principle interpretation systems by which to approach the Ufo: magikal, scientific, and religious. In the first, we are dealing with inorganic beings or occult forces (Qliphoth, Kundalini, etc), in the second literal space ships, parallel universes, viruses (or psi-ops), in the third, gods, angels, demons, etc. But there is a fourth possible interpretation system, one that potentially reconciles the other three: that of the artist for whom make-believe is real and reality make-believe. What would William Blake or Shakespeare have made of alien abductions? The mouth waters to ponder it. (Closest we have to a literary genius considering the Alien is perhaps William Burroughs.)

The challenge of the Ufo and the Alien is to use the clues and the “evidence” not towards the end of figuring out what is “really” going on, but as raw material for spinning a new and greater Myth than the one we currently live by. If these “beings” or this “Force” come from another reality altogether (that of the “Soul”?), it figures that they, it, would not be bound by the rules of our reality at all. That means that all bets are off—there is simply no way for us to formulate any theory or opinion at all (much less moral judgment!) about these phenomena. Like God, the only way to know it would be to experience it directly, and the only authentic experience of it would be through a gnosis, or cellular transformation, by which we would become one with it. Meanwhile, it will never submit to our understanding, so long as we experience it as phenomena outside of ourselves.

Hence, dreams are not only an authentic doorway to the “abduction/visitation” experience, they are probably the only one (besides creative imagination) that is reliable. In dreams, we are conscious of the fact that, as individuals (by definition), we exist in our own, separate reality tunnel. Each of us exists in our own universe, and the illusion of sharing a consensus reality, I believe, has only been made possible by the intercession of these same beings—be they gods, archons, or DNA gremlins. What that means is they have “created” our reality to begin with, so naturally they can be anything they choose to be when “entering into” (emerging through) it.

If they are a collective or “hive” consciousness, the only way for us to really meet them on their own terms would be for ourselves to become a collective awareness also, to relinquish the illusion of a separate self, and emerge from the tunnel vision of our personal identities.

Isn’t this partly—or primarily—what these forums are all about?

The reason “they” come to us in dreams is perhaps because, for one thing, we are most vulnerable, most open, in the dream state. When asleep, the self becomes fluid and transparent. In dreams, we have the potential to become lucid, i.e., to consciously experience “external” reality as the projection of our own psyches—in other words, to meet the Other halfway, and recognize it as an aspect of our greater selves.

agitprop wrote:
The abduction experience is far stranger than dream life,

Subjective statement surely! Though some of my weirdest dreams have been of alien interaction, the weirdest ones of all aren’t. And probably my most powerful and irrefutable encounters with “the Alien” have not been in dreaming per se, but in the twilight zone between sleep and waking, during body paralysis, when I have experienced a presence in the room as real as any burglar. During this overlap of the hypnogogic state, apparently, our psyches are open wide, both to receive and ‘transmit’ the experience of other realities beyond this one. (As in dreams, we create as much as witness - create by witnessing? - our experiences.) Since we are not bound by the rules of our interpretation system, and have as it were temporarily “unplugged” from the Consensus, we exist in an in-between state of forgetting, in which the laws (i.e., habits) which we take for granted are temporarily suspended. Put simply, our shields are down and the reality of the Imaginal is able to come seeping or crashing in on us, taking full form in the realm of the actual.

All the evidence suggests this is now occurring on a collective scale, more or less exactly as if we, as a species, were slowly waking from a dream (or falling all the way into total slumber?), entering the hypnologic state where anything can happen, and probably will.

In a sense, we can believe whatever we choose to believe about the alien phenomenon—not in the credulous manner of the New Ager or True Believer (or nuts and bolts scientist), but with the creative vision and fearlessness of the Poet or Visionary. And what we conjure with our belief is what we have to live with. To paraphrase Keats: the alien can be compared to Adam’s dream: he awoke and found it truth.

As a person who has had hypnagogic imagery, is interested in and inclined to interpret events, through the lens of personal psychology, mythology, awakening of archetypes, etc... I am uniquely situated to define my own experience.

The experience began while I was dozing, at 3:00 AM, in a lucid state. I heard the strangest sound I've ever heard in my life, at very close range. What happened next was VERY interesting. Accompanying the sound, was the impression that it was a --sweet,cute, harmless sound. and that I should just roll over and forget about it. I realized, while in the lucid state that this was exactly what people who have some kind of contact often go through. I went from dozing in bed listening to this very bizarre sound, on an otherwise quiet night, to sitting bolt upright, shaking violently. Believe me, now I was very wide awake, and not a touch of sleep paralysis. I leapt out of bed, completely terrified, but relieved, thinking it probably had been a dream, at that point. About 15 seconds had elapsed from the time I heard it the first time, till I was on my feet, petrified, but convinced it had been a dream. Then I heard it again--louder this time and immediately outside of my window, about 5 feet away. Then it was gone. The "sound" emanated from something alien. It also came packaged with a suggestion to forget about it. It certainly wasn't anything mechanical, animal or human, and acted independent of my mental state.

If I hadn't started awake, I think I would have been observed somehow. I didn't get the impression that whatever it was was evil, or good. I just felt like I had limited control and therefore that coloured my perception.

I think as far as meeting them on their own terms, we have to keep in perspective that though they are hive minded, we are profoundly, NOT. As human beings our greatest potential lies in the individuation process, not absorption into a collective. The "we are all one" is just as likely to become "we aren't anybody"

We must act with purposeful intent, not as automatons. Being human is tough, but somebody has to do it. Becoming part of an indistinguishable mass, isn't something that would necessarily encourage a refinement of character and emotion. We would simply plateau, our characters would fuse and our unique natures would be subject to the laws of entropy.
agitprop

Postby FreeLancer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Agitprop,

Is it possible to describe the sound?
FreeLancer

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:59 pm

Aeolus Kephas wrote:I’d say there are three principle interpretation systems by which to approach the Ufo: magikal, scientific, and religious. In the first, we are dealing with inorganic beings or occult forces (Qliphoth, Kundalini, etc), in the second literal space ships, parallel universes, viruses (or psi-ops), in the third, gods, angels, demons, etc. But there is a fourth possible interpretation system, one that potentially reconciles the other three: that of the artist for whom make-believe is real and reality make-believe. What would William Blake or Shakespeare have made of alien abductions? The mouth waters to ponder it. (Closest we have to a literary genius considering the Alien is perhaps William Burroughs.)

Indeed, it's almost impossibly complex and bizarre to pinpoint it all.

The notion of grand conspiracy, in regards to what we discuss here on RI: Some would say its evil entities controlling world leaders, controlling the world. Some would say its the strange 'cosmic giggle' of the universe, creating synergized synchronicities.

Some people when it comes to the alien/UFO discussion, believe its all government military CIA psyops...some think its all from within our minds and collective consciousness, or our future selves beaming back at us.

I tend to lean toward a dark spiritual psyops criss-crossing with global consciousness reality matrixes and that which noone can fully comprehend...though I think you're explanation could be the most studied of them all. People throw out the names Keel, Vallee, ect...but I wager even they barely have a small piece of the mind boggling puzzle.

The title "Master of Deception" comes to mind...tho indeed, what may be a horrifying experience(abduction/contact) maybe a positive one for another.

Point is, what is the overall agenda, the message from all this? Is it truly benign, or is it rooted in deception?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby agitprop » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:21 am

FreeLancer wrote:Agitprop,

I really can't. That's the weird part. There isn't even a close approximation. That's what was so scary. I would say that it had an invasive quasi-organic quality to it.

At the same time I had this experience, one of my friends was studying the abduction phenomenon with one of his friends. Being familiar with Keel and Vallee as well as Dion Fortune, I warned him about the occult contagion effect that HE (not I!) might experience. We had an understanding that if he started to get any kind of bleed over, poltergeist type phenomena, or abduction type phenomena, in his own life, he was to tell me. We both figured his ability to properly assess the severity of the situation may become compromised by close proximity to it. I was supposed to act as a kind of touchstone with mundane reality and help pull him out of any kind of supernatural cul de sac he became trapped in.

I talked with him frequently by phone and he claimed everything was going well, and gave me a kind of cursory run down of people, places events. He insisted everything was okay, even though I was waking up at 3:00 every morning feeling very strongly that he was in terrible trouble. The feelings lasted for a good year. I also had some strange bodily sensations, as if my etheric body was about one millimeter out of phase with my physical body. I was quite literally, beside myself. :D

I would phone him up, almost sobbing, I was so sure he was being monitored, messed with, that he had lost control of his experiment and had become the subject of study, himself. All I could do was imagine him covered with a shroud of protection, at night, one that couldn't be penetrated. He admitted to nothing other than intense nose bleeds....whenever he talked about abductions, day or night, usually in public.

One morning I woke up and it was all gone. The sense of being stared at ceased, the out of phase etheric body was back in place. The feeling my buddy was in trouble had just vanished. It was like stepping out of a creepy movie, complete with theramin music, into a sunny day.
I phoned my friend and found out that he had decided the night before to quit studying the abduction phenomenon.

Six months later, he told me that he had been living in a kind of Hell of invasive nocturnal activity. Many nights a loud buzzing noise would fill his apartment and the sense of a presence was so strong and oppressive, he ended up with insomnia for about a year. He apologized for not admitting this was happening, at the time, as per our original agreement. He didn't want me to discourage him from continuing on with it. Even though he was completely rattled, he was just too interested to quit. ...Very very brave, I tell you.

He also informed me that he had heard the same noise, around the same time, in a lucid state, and also had the accompanying suggestion to go back to sleep. He responded the same way I did, for the same reason. And this was all unknown to me at the time. For what it's worth, I hope this supports my assertion that there are components of abduction related events that don't easily lend themselves to what we consider dream or imagination. There was certainly an external objective component to what my friend and I experienced.
agitprop

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 am

Hugh Manatee, whom I do admire, often talks about "CIA spook psyops"...
little does he realize much of what he talks about is "spook psyops" of a different kind.

It doesn't take a rambling Christian to know what's really going on, as bizarre a posit that may sound.

If these nwo elites run the planet, one has to wonder who runs them? And, is it related to the alien/UFO/Fortean/spiritual/Satanic world? I would wager an absolute yes to that, unfortunately.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby agitprop » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 am

FreeLancer wrote:Agitprop,

Even though there isn't a close approximation, the nearest I can describe it, and bear in mind this isn't actually very close, is a blaring horn on a model T welling up from the bowels of something distinctly organic, very much alive. My buddy, unprompted, made the same comparison to the old style blaring horn. You know the type. Waooooga, Waoooooga.
agitprop

Divine Madness Treatment

Postby Aeolus Kephas » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 am

I think as far as meeting them on their own terms, we have to keep in perspective that though they are hive minded, we are profoundly, NOT. As human beings our greatest potential lies in the individuation process, not absorption into a collective. The "we are all one" is just as likely to become "we aren't anybody"

at the risk of coming off thread, here's a passage from Homo Serpiens that i am currently working on, tying together DNA, DMT, the Alien, and the "loss" of personal self (NOT the same as individuality!)

“I am convinced that for man to survive now, his perception must change at its social base. . . . Everything is energy. The whole universe is energy. The social base of our perception should be the physical certainty that energy is all there is. A mighty effort should be made to guide us to perceive energy as energy.”
—Carlos Castaneda, The Art of Dreaming

Besides death or alien abduction, perhaps the most direct and immediate method for tapping into the secret archives of our DNA is via the ingestion of psychedelic substances such as LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, ibogaine, and peyote. In order to extend the present treatise beyond the realms of theoretical speculation, then, I will venture briefly into more personal (hence verifiable) experiences. In my own researches, probably the most powerful of the hallucinogenic aids to “transpersonal” or multidimensional consciousness is DMT, and to a lesser extent, salvia divinorum (as “extract,” up to ten times more powerful than in its natural form).

Since DMT is found in abundance within the human body itself (with an especially large reserve in the pineal gland or “third eye”), it has been speculated that it acts as a “vehicle” for accessing other-dimensional realms—kept in reserve, as it were, for times of need (e.g., the moment of death). In Etheogens and the Future of Religion, Rick Strassman asks the question: “Why do we all have DMT in our brains? Why is there a compound . . . that generates experience of ‘alien contact,’ death, space-travel, and other extraordinary effects? . . . [W]e have DMT in our brains because it works. It’s the best molecule for the function needed, to retune the perceiving abilities of the brain to different levels.”

If this is the case, then DMT functions as a primary survival mechanism, much as adrenalin assists us with our “fight or flight” program—the difference being that DMT relates not to the body’s but the soul’s survival. It is there to facilitate shamanic journeys, out of body experiences, and all manner of otherworldly “close encounters” with beings and realities otherwise inaccessible, even unimaginable, to us. Since these realities appear to be “hidden” in our DNA (and might even be called “memories”), the DMT compound within the human body may act as a conduit to the deeper reserves of DNA, in other words, as a sort of “decoding agent” to read the occult language of our secret lives.

In which case, the DMT experience is not a product of DMT itself, any more than consciousness is a product of the brain, or outer space the creation of a rocket ship. Rather, DMT allows us to access states of consciousness otherwise beyond our reach. It would be a huge (potentially fatal) mistake, then, to think of DMT as simply a “drug.” Since it opens doors to realms that already exist—both within us and around us—it may be best understood, in shamanic terms, as a vehicle for “spirits” to possess us and carry us into their “realm.” Certainly, once you have smoked the stuff, there can be little doubt that this is the case, nor can there be any argument about subjective vs. objective reality. Such questions as whether the brain (under the influence of the “drug”) is “creating” all this become academic, because the new model for reality is incalculably greater—both more all-encompassing and more real—than the old one. For the duration of the experience, at least, one simply knows.

For the rational mind, however, it is all but impossible to accept the idea that there is another world, a world that is hidden from this one and yet at the same time so much greater than it. From the point of view of the DMT experience, our everyday life becomes a shadowy reflection of this greater reality—perhaps even a side effect of it, and of the forces that dwell within it. At the same time, the two worlds seem to have almost nothing in common, so utterly unfamiliar is the strange new reality which DMT presents to us.

Undoubtedly the most powerful of my experiences of smoking DMT was a synthesized batch (rather than the natural resin) which I ingested under the guidance of a Mayan shaman, in a small lakeside village in Central America. Since I had had several prior experiences of DMT in resin form, I knew more or less what to expect. Nonetheless, I had agreed to smoke only with the utmost reluctance. To this day, I remain unable to remember large chunks of the experience.

The experience was like being struck by lightning—the DMT hit so fast it was almost as though I had been hit before smoking. I was actually still in the act of putting the pipe down on the table when the substance hit, and my last rational thought, as everything came unravelled, related to a fear of dropping the pipe. The thought wasn’t important, what counted was the feeling behind the thought, and this feeling mushroomed into a whirlwind of panic and despair in which I was hopelessly attempting to fit whatever was happening into a rational framework.

My senses were flooded by light and I was enveloped by whiteness. Superimposed upon the endless white I could see thinly sketched squares, “boxes” that appeared to represent my mind’s desperate attempt to grapple with the blinding new reality. The whiteness was perhaps the visual equivalent of internal silence—the void which the DMT had created within me; if so, the boxes signified the puny residue of rational thought, and since their only function was to distort the silence, they were intrusive, futile, and finally tormenting to me.

As my ego-mind wrestled with this overwhelming new consciousness, the whiteness gradually gave over to something difficult to remember or describe. I was dimly aware of being “on trial,” of being processed—of passing through some sort of ordeal in which I wrestled with my “conscience” while unknown Forces or Intelligences negotiated my passage. The thoughts and deeds of my life were being weighed, one by one, while I was forced to look upon them. All the baggage of my past, my personal self, was being mercilessly scrutinized by unknown intelligences. I felt a terrible burden holding me back, keeping me trapped, in despair. By the intercession of these “beings,” I was being compelled to cast it all away. The “trial” was less a matter of my being judged, however (much less punished), than of being slowly and painfully purged—unburdened—of personal history.

This cosmic purification process constituted the majority of my ten-minute DMT experience. It began with anguish and despair and ended with euphoria; in between was a steady progression from one state to the other, as the “trial” proceeded through a series of stages or levels. It might be simplest to describe this process (similar to a musical progression) as moving from negative to positive expression, from an unequivocal “No” to a final, all-affirming “Yes” by which I embraced (or remembered) my cosmic nature. The entire journey seemed, on returning, to be have lasted seconds—it was both an instant and an eternity.

I said that the progression was a musical one, and I experienced the various “levels” as much aurally as visually—as “harmonics” sounded within my consciousness. It was a symphony that began as a dirge and ended in rapture. The gods were playing pinball with my soul, using my ego-self as the ball. My consciousness was apparently being tuned to increasingly “wider” bandwidths of awareness, and these bandwidths extended outward, like threads of a giant web, until I was tuned into the full spectrum of consciousness: I became aware of everything. I was a pulsing sphere of energy that extended outward in every direction, to Infinity, and that embraced the totality of creation.

For several nights after this experience, I found myself entering instantly into the DMT experience each time I fell “asleep.” I experienced the equivalent to a nuclear whiteout inside my skull: a deafening explosion accompanied by blinding whiteness; total, explosive silence, cessation of thought, as the world stopped. These experiences continued day after day (not only in sleep), and I had no doubt I was undergoing a process of adaptation to new and “alien” energy fields. Was this untapped data in the DNA which the DMT had unleashed? Whatever it was, I was undergoing rapid (though not permanent) transition from third to fourth dimensional consciousness, and so far as I could tell, I was learning to measure the divide, to map it, for future reference.

For much of this time, I was on the edge of madness. The movement of the assemblage point is like dying, deranging in the most total sense. As the physicist F. David Peat put it, “the self lives on but as one aspect of the more subtle movement that involves the order of the whole of consciousness.” The personal identity relinquishes its reality, but not its being. It comes back intact, with full awareness that, having been destroyed and reformed, it has no independent existence at all. The self’s very lack of reality is what allows it to exist, and for existence itself to exist. For without this point of view, there is only the vast unfathomable emptiness of the Unmanifest, the implicate order.

After smoking DMT, most people will agree that it is inconceivable that any mere substance could be powerful enough to wipe out utterly all traces of personal or rational consciousness and replace it with a fourth dimensional awareness that entails, finally, all that exists (starting with all kinds of entities that, to the rational mind, never were at all). The DMT experience is like being turned inside out and finding out that this world is just a veneer, a reflecting surface that hides and obscures unimaginable depths beneath. To be hurled down the rabbit hole into a whole new world of visions, sensations, beings, ordeals and wonders, makes not only for the ultimate psychedelic experience but for the ultimate life experience. The challenge is to face this horrifying passage from third- to fourth-dimensional consciousness, overcome our fear of it, and grow accustomed to the transition. Only then can we become adepts at navigating Infinity.
Aeolus Kephas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion