October Surprise

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby TVC15 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

From Goro Adachi:

Whatever is coming around October 23-25 will be very important and will likely involve Pakistan directly or indirectly. It will also likely affect the US presidential election... But as always, expect some serious twists as well.
TVC15

Blog: View Blog (0)

sharing concern

Postby hava1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 pm

FWIW, i also feel some "surprise" in October, but that's pretty obvious given the elections. and yes the 10, 7 (could also be october 17th ?)

There's the obvious iran thing looming, and in Israel at least this is all tightly connected to law enforcement and organized crime. The elections to all municipalities in ISrael will be held 11-11.

it feels like a race between police investigations and the war rituals.
hava1

Postby sfnate » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:47 pm

monster wrote:I dig symmetrical numbers

All relationships can be described numerically. Or, most aspects of relatedness can be understood through some kind of measurement. To the extent that reality expresses itself as symmetrical compositions, some durable, most ephemeral, it should be possible to examine the patterns comprising the larger mandalic structure and discover numerical arrangements that both reflect and reinforce the overall symmetry. We find fractals, in other words. The numerical coincidences that we uncover as we play around with dates and other calibrations of space and time are indications of the deep symmetry underlying the relatedness of all things. What these coincidences mean is entirely up to us to decide--but wherever I discover these symmetries I always take pause, because they are little revelations hinting at large mysteries and complex movements just beyond the limits of understanding.
sfnate

Postby monster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Or 10/23/2008 (2+8=10) = 10/23/10 = 1231 = 23 and 11
Or 10/11/2008 (2+8=10) = 10/11/10 = 1111 = 11:11

sfnate wrote:All relationships can be described numerically

True - I would numerically describe my last relationship as 666.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Its my birthday on the 28th of October.

I hope the surprise is that somehow I stop aging...
Joe Hillshoist

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Given all that's been happening on a daily basis lately -- the crisis of the last three weeks, in fact the whole time since last August, and the general insanity since 9/11/2001, if not long before that -- what, pray tell, could still be a "surprise"?

Never mind, I don't want to find out.

Two possibilities not involving Pakistan:

1) The Iraqis take advantage of excellent timing to turn the tables on their occupiers.

2) The November surprise, generated in part on the proprietary dedicated software on the microchips in them thar voting machines, in part by the more traditional means of voter caging, dead voters, "miscounts," etc.
JackRiddler

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm sure its been said before but the real surprise would be if humanity got its shit together by the end of the month (It'd be the best birthday present too.)
Joe Hillshoist

Postby OP ED » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 am

monster wrote:
sfnate wrote:All relationships can be described numerically

True - I would numerically describe my last relationship as 666.

funny that's how I describe my current relationsip. of course different people look at these things differently.

i love october. halloween is the best holiday. plus you get the election stuff every couple years, which is very similar to halloween in many ways. mostly its the weather though. Never know if I'll get to swim still or if I'll be moving snow by the end.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:54 am

TVC15 wrote:From Goro Adachi:

Whatever is coming around October 23-25 will be very important and will likely involve Pakistan directly or indirectly. It will also likely affect the US presidential election... But as always, expect some serious twists as well.

Holy crap, I was just saying that to my friend earlier. That I wouldnt be surprised if right before the election theres chaos in Pakistan, leading to the assassination of the current head and an "al Qaeda coup" of the country.
Or a massive terror attack made to point to Warzaristan Pakistan.
Or some sort of nuttyness involving Pakistan in mid to late October.

That Adachi just may be onto something...Pakistan IS the biggest flashpoint right now, above Iran, Russia and North Korea

Im still thinking about the "777" stock market thing.
One can imagine what perplexing horror they'll be throwing at us next.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Re: October Surprise

Postby Harvey » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 am

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/13/iran-south-africa-ambassador-assassination-plot-413831

Officials: Iran weighing plot to kill U.S. ambassador to South Africa

The Iranian government is weighing an assassination attempt against the American ambassador to South Africa, U.S. intelligence reports say, according to a U.S. government official familiar with the issue and another official who has seen the intelligence.

News of the plot comes as Iran continues to seek ways to retaliate for President Donald Trump’s decision to kill a powerful Iranian general earlier this year, the officials said. If carried out, it could dramatically ratchet up already serious tensions between the U.S. and Iran and create enormous pressure on Trump to strike back — possibly in the middle of a tense election season....
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby DrEvil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 pm

I'll be surprised if we make it to October.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:07 am

Yeah.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:06 am

Does the revelation about Trump being broke and not paying taxes count? I’m fairly impressed by the timing.

This might be incredibly naive but I have to imagine this will have some negative effect on his support, similar to the way his comments about veterans gave him a slight and momentary dip. His business acumen seems to be a huge driver for his support, right behind his expertise at owning the libs. It’s too early to tell what the fallout will be (also, not like I really put any stock in punditry and favor reality) but this seems like a clear illustration of what a manque he is that’s at least bulletproof for…maybe 75% of the voting population?

Is there already a thread on this? I searched “taxes” but the most recent posts were in the MMT thread.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby overcoming hope » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pm

^
I don't think so. The most accurate description of why people support trump is that his supporters hate you (I am pointing at whoever is reading this) and the fact that Trump bothers you is enough for them because, to repeat, they fucking hate you.
overcoming hope

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Right, that’s why I placed owning the libs as the #1 source for his support, but (I was thinking) just ahead of #2: his briefcase boy brain. I can’t really predict how much these overlap, if owning the libs completely eclipses all other reasons his supporters whack off to him when they are alone at night in their pickup trucks in their garages, or if they represent mostly distinct factions of his supporters.

What’s the third most popular reason? His hastening of the rapture?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion