Son of Sam - Occult linkages?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Son of Sam - Occult linkages?

Postby RocketMan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am

I just recently watched a decent Spike Lee joint called Summer of Sam and noticed there's a definite occult flavour to the case. Being the relative Rigint virgin I am, I thought I'd ask if the case has been discussed here before and if people have interesting material on it. I found this with a quick Google search:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/ar ... f_sam.html
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Son of Sam - Occult linkages?

Postby MinM » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

'Son of Sam' Killer: Recent Massacres 'Senseless'

(NEW YORK) -- David Berkowitz, who gunned down 13 people, killing six, 35 years ago, says he hopes society takes the "glamour" out of guns.

In the wake of the Aurora, Colo. theater massacre and the mass shooting at a Wisconsin Sikh temple, Berkowitz is calling for an end to gun violence.

"It's all senseless," Berkowitz told the New York Daily News from his jail cell in a maximum security facility in upstate New York.

"Society has to take the glory out of guns. Young people have no business carrying a gun," he added.

For 13 months in the mid-1970s, Berkowitz, who became known as the "Son of Sam," stalked the streets of New York's neighborhoods with a .44 caliber handgun, shooting his victims as they sat in their cars or walked on sidewalks.

He taunted New York City detectives in notes to Daily News columnist Jimmy Breslin promising on one to "buy all those guys working on the case a new pair of shoes," upon his capture. He was eventually caught outside of his home on Aug. 10, 1977.

Now 59 and a born again Christian, Berkowitz avoids talking about his 24-year-old self, whom he called "lost," "tormented," "confused," and "under demonic control."

He spends his time urging young men to avoid resorting to crime in moments of anger, he said. Prison, he told the Daily News, is not all it's cracked up to be.

"I think it's a big tragedy when I see young men with their macho faces like they're cool when I know they are really scared to death," he said. "I know because I've been there. Prison is a house of pain. It's not what you see in the media and on those crime shows."

"One day, I hope that guns will lose their glamour, that it would be seen a social disapproval for those in gangs," Berkowitz added. "I know that's a bit simplistic, but to me the whole tragedy is that young people are losing direction and don't value life or have no clue why they're on this Earth."

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/new ... -senseless

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html
MinM

Postby lupercal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Occult, maybe, but there are definitely some spooky linkages, starting with Breslin:

MinM wrote:He taunted New York City detectives in notes to Daily News columnist Jimmy Breslin promising on one to "buy all those guys working on the case a new pair of shoes," upon his capture.

Breslin has longed claimed to have been present at RFK's assassination, and claims in this March 2, 2011 interview that Sirhan acted alone:

ImageBreslin was among the journalists in the kitchen pantry of the Ambassador Hotel when RFK was murdered.

Sirhan’s attorney, William Pepper says there is evidence suggesting there was a second gunman who fatally shot Robert Kennedy. Do you believe this is possible?

It sure didn’t happen, and the attorney is displaying brilliance by coming up with something that didn’t happen. Unfortunately, Sirhan held the gun too far out for all to see to deny that his actions were alone.

On June 5, 1968—you were part of the group that helped subdue Sirhan…

He had the gun–and they wrestled it from his grip and threw him on a steam table
in the kitchen of the hotel. Roosevelt Grier, the football player, brought his arm down and pinned him to the table. It was a rather large arm.

Sirhan’s eyes and arms were thrashing wildly.

I was sitting on his legs. By accident.

By accident?

I was in the crowd and then suddenly I got thrown on to the table.

Is the memory of that day stay always with you?

I mean I can put it out of my mind, but it all comes back when people bring it up.

Do you think that Sirhan should he ever be paroled?

It was quite an act—long time ago. I’m not sitting on the parole board—but an act of tyranny against the country is awfully hard to lift. Kennedy is keenly missed. He should not have been shot, I will tell you that.

http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03 ... ssination/

Not casting aspersions, and he may well have perceived it that way, but it is a strange coincidence. Brez also happened to be on hand when 911 went down and published a nice eyewitness account in the Oct 25, 2011 Rolling Stone:

I was nearby, on Liberty Street, when that happened. . . .

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... n-20110819

hmm..
lupercal

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:45 am

Even if the more-holes-than-bullets-his-gun-could-hold and sound tests didn't prove a second gunman, the cold hard fact is Sirhan Sirhan was under total mind control as a programmed assassin.
So that right there, he's innocent.

RFK shooting definitely has occult links, with RFK's deep involvement in the Rosicrucian order and his sketches of arcane symbolism.

I wouldn't doubt there was some sort of occult link to the Son of Sam case, even if it's not involving a group or other individuals.

I think it's good he's speaking out against the glamorization of guns. From gangsta rap/cyclical inner city violence to the Alex Jonesian gun worship nuttery, America is rightfully the laughing stock of the world.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 pm

I've always held SOS was occult related,there's evidence of more than one gunman and the damn dog thing is just weird, but Maury's book muddies the waters terribly with it's 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach. I remember reading it and he frankly got so many things wrong (easy to do when you do research things using popular literature rather than real docs) that I came away unimpressed. I also was unimpressed by his stressing of the unblemished christian purity of the victims as opposed to their satanic murders. To me it seemed gratuitous and melodramatic. It's been a long time since I read it, but I remember coming away with the impression that it would be what I would now consider a 'limited hangout'.

IIRC, For example, he brings up the Minot connection, but never really delves into it, etc.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby KUAN » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

I remember reading a book on the subject by Bob Woodward - he of Watergate fame - but I can't find any record of it on the internet. I certainly don't think I imagined this and I know it wasn't the Maury terry one because I read that as well and didn't think as much of it.
Can books vanish off the face of the earth?
KUAN

Postby 82_28 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Possibly! Can you remember any more about it?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby KUAN » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

As I remember it was heavily into the whole thing being a satanic conspiracy with ties to groups on the west coast.
Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg were mentioned - were they in the Terry book? ..I think not
I got it out of the library but no trace of it now. This was 15 or more years ago.
KUAN

Postby KUAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:28 am

Another detail that comes to mind is that the purpose of the killings was that they were filmed.
KUAN

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 am

The only Bob Woodward book I can imagine Keith Richards coming up in would be Wired, his strange bio of Belushi.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Thinking about the Terry book. Once again, over 20 years since I read it.

The 'elephant in the room' in that work is the government.

Terry tries to link all these disparate groups as satanists, and yes to varying degrees they were, but there is a whole government connection missing (Minot anyone?), one that has become more well-known since the age of internet, that he fails to explore, IIRC.

Limited Hangout. Get everyone worked up about good christian girls being molested and blame it on the patsys and inconvienent allies.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby 82_28 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 pm

May be of some help tracking down this book?

I dunno.

Certainly the first I ever heard of this:

July 22nd, 1979

Shades of Laurel Canyon-esque-ness, esp with the Sirhan Sirhan bit.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby KUAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

...who at various times lived with both Jimmy Page (who purchased Crowley's home and many of his artifacts) and Keith Richards & Anita Pallenberg, whose home - in 1979 - yielded the body of a teenager who had been shot to death, as was John Lennon the next year by Mark David Chapman, who shortly before doing so met with - and offered a gift of live bullets to - Kenneth Anger, whose films were cited as a major influence by photographer Robert Mapplethorpe, who was implicated by witnesses in the Halloween 1981 execution killing of New York photographer Ronald Sisman (a close associate of Roy Radin), who was reportedly in possession of a snuff film of one of the Son of Sam murders, which were allegedly committed by David Berkowitz, who from prison accurately described the Sisman killing before it happened and who took the fall for the Son of Sam murders to cover up the involvement of others, including possibly Roy Radin and wealthy art dealer Andrew Crispo, who admitted being present at the site of a ritual murder which was committed by a man named Bernard LeGeros, who was the son of a State Department...

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/wtc13.html

and etc.
I'm looking, I'm looking...
KUAN

Postby Avalon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 pm

As far as I can tell the long paragraph on wtc13 beginning with "Without further ado..." has 1839 words, and is a single sentence.
Avalon

Next

Return to General Discussion