Happy Halloween!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Happy Halloween!

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 pm

I can't help but feel sickened every time I see Halloween stuff at the store or on tv this year. Everytime I see skeleton and ghoul costumes, I think of all the countless people being maimed, raped and killed in state/corporate backed African genocide. I think of all the dead souls of innocent Muslims murdered by the US imperialistic establishment, since just 2001 alone.

Will this Halloween be a really special trick or treat? With Halloween weekend marking the final chance for an "October Surprise"(err, early November surprise), will we make it to Monday unscathed?
In the wake of today's Pakistan quake and growing instability, will things hold there til next year?

I wonder what Hunter S Thompson would have to say about these strange Presidential election times, and this all Hallow's eve period we're entering.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/exce ... rube_x.htm

We have seen weird Times in this country before, but the year 2000 is beginning to look super weird. This time there really is nobody flying the plane ... We are living in dangerously weird times now. Smart people just shrug and admit they're dazed and confused. The only ones left with any confidence at all are the New Dumb. It is the beginning of the end of our world as we knew it. Doom is the operative ethic.

The autumn months are never a calm time in America. Back to Work, Back to Football Practice, etc....Autumn is a very Traditional period, a time of strong Rituals and the celebrating of strange annual holidays like Halloween and Satanism and the fateful Harvest Moon, which can have ominous implications for some people.

Autumn is always a time of Fear and Greed and Hoarding for the winter coming on. Debt collectors are active on old people and fleece the weak and helpless. They want to lay in enough cash to weather the known horrors of January and February. There is always a rash of kidnapping and abductions of schoolchildren in the football months. Preteens of both sexes are traditionally seized and grabbed off the streets by gangs of organized perverts who traditionally give them as Christmas gifts to each other to be personal sex slaves and playthings.
Last edited by 8bitagent on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Happy Halloween!

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:29 pm

8bitagent wrote:Autumn is always a time of Fear and Greed and Hoarding for the winter coming on. Debt collectors are active on old people and fleece the weak and helpless. They want to lay in enough cash to weather the known horrors of January and February.

I've got very mixed feelings about HST, but I always thought that first line was a pretty memorable insight. The timing of this election must mean more than a few extra last-minute votes for the party of Fear and Greed and Hoarding.

Wrap up warmly against the cold.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm

MacCruiskeen wrote:
8bitagent wrote:Autumn is always a time of Fear and Greed and Hoarding for the winter coming on. Debt collectors are active on old people and fleece the weak and helpless. They want to lay in enough cash to weather the known horrors of January and February.

I've got very mixed feelings about HST, but I always thought that first line was a pretty memorable insight. The timing of this election must mean more than a few extra last-minute votes for the party of Fear and Greed and Hoarding.

Wrap up warmly against the cold.

Well also giving this unfolding economic crisis, it puts "weird times" into another new light.

Hunter Thompson wrote those paragraphs in 2000, with USAtoday happening to reprint them in 2004.

To me the most ghoulish of his words, and the most ironic would be
This time there really is nobody flying the plane ... We are living in dangerously weird times now.

Little would he know then, a year later how flying planes would completely change the world we knew.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm

8bitagent wrote:I can't help but feel sickened every time I see Halloween stuff at the store or on tv this year. Everytime I see skeleton and ghoul costumes, I think of all the countless people being maimed, raped and killed in state/corporate backed African genocide. I think of all the dead souls of innocent Muslims murdered by the US imperialistic establishment, since just 2001 alone.

:roll:

It's pagan witchcraft too! Ban Halloween! Pray for forgiveness!
Fresno_Layshaft

Postby Hilda Martinez » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Forget Halloween. Celebrate Día de los muertos instead! It works for me. [/img]
Hilda Martinez

Postby MinM » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Here's an oldie --

Voices from the grave: The world's new Halloween reality
By John Kaminski
Online Journal Contributing Writer

Oct 30, 2005, 00:33

Horror alone brings peace of mind.—Ernest Becker

We view the cute little ghoulies in costumes who ring our doorbells on Halloween with a benign fondness, and are calmed by an instant nostalgia for our own more innocent days.

We thrill to the creeping sweat on the backs of our necks caused by tense scenes in murder mysteries, and laugh uneasily when the malevolent maniac is thwarted by the intrepid cop in all of us.

But as with religion, we never make the connection between what we pretend to believe and how we act as a result of those beliefs, and so the allure of the vampire continues to stalk us in broad daylight.

Maybe it's the shadowy threat of winter in the air and an ancient habit of worrying about dark and cold, but something about the last week in October makes us think dark thoughts, which Halloween—or Samhain, in the old Celtic tradition—celebrates.

"This season was the beginning of the New Year in many rural areas of Europe. The actual time of transition, from sundown on Samhain to sundown the following day, was a "thin place" in the Celtic world, a place between the worlds where deep insights could pass more easily to those who were open to them.

"Christianity would declare that these creatures of "otherness" were evil, but that only reveals how clumsy is the relationship between the West's monotheism and much older, archetypal realms of the "imaginal." The creative impulse is inherent in life. In humans, only when it is repressed by too many narrow minds full of rigid "do's and don'ts" does it rebel and re-direct its power into malice and violence. At its worst, monotheism impoverishes the creative juices within us, demonizing them, closing us off from multidimensional realms all around us. Then we wonder why children use guns in schools which have been starved of the imaginal by the forced withdrawal of the arts, theatre, and music.

"In this season of Samhain, we are reminded of other wondrous worlds existing side by side with our own, and we are invited to play, laugh, don disguises, delight in small miracles of human friendship, use common sense, and free our hearts to explore who and what we truly are.

"From the UK comes Sig Lonegren's fine essay on Samhain:" [Halloween, Samhain & the Day of the Dead]

. . . While all of these Cross Quarter Days are all Fire Festivals, I feel each of the Celtic Cross Quarter Days is also associated with one of the four elements for the purposes of scrying. At Imbolc one looks at a bowl of Water to scry the future. Beltane is the time to look in to the Fire and burning embers to ruminate about the past. Lughnasad/Lammas uses a bowl of Earth to look at the now. The element of Samhain is Air. The veil to the other side is so thin at this time that you can see the spirits in the Air. You don't need any scrying tools! Use the intuitive skills you already have inside. Be sure to use protection if you plan to scry at this time. You can do this by surrounding yourself with Love. Only Love may enter. All else will be turned away . . .

. . . So as this Samhain approaches, what is ending in you? What do you have inside that it is time to let go of? No healing is complete until you get beyond recovery. Use Samhain to take the thirteenth step: Transformation. In the Tarot, the thirteenth card of the Major Arcana is Death, and it is ruled by Scorpio. Samhain occurs in Scorpio. The card of Death doesn't necessarily mean physical death (though it can mean that), but more productively, it can be seen as an inevitable heavy change or transformation. Something old must be gotten rid of to make room for something new to be able to come in. Use the magic of this time to say good-bye to an old habit or addiction, an old relationship, or anything else it is time to leave behind.

Hmm, how about getting rid of the white Western wraith known as the American/British/Israeli war machine that is currently in the process of enslaving the entire planet?

What is the message of our archetypal Halloween characters? What is it makes us thrill to horror? And most of all, why is this fun holiday all too accurately reflected in the behavior of our governments in their everyday affairs? Do we really hear what these characters—these ghosts—are telling us?

The characters we choose to portray on Halloween—Dracula, the Hunchback, and Dubya (I remember when Reagan was the No. 1 mask on Halloween, for more or less the same conscienceless behavior)—generally contain a message we want to send. Too few of us heed the messages of the characters we choose to emulate or represent.

Isn't it time for some new Halloween characters? Ones that actually have some meaning in the real world, instead of mythical mirages from the pages of literature. I mean, in this day and age, there are plenty of eligible ghost personages deserving of public representation. And in fact, the reality of the world is much more gruesome than any fantasist could conjure.

Got a Halloween party to go to? Here are some character suggestions. Forget about the stereotypes. We're talking real horror here. You want ghosts? Try these.
* Hunter S. Thompson. Dress as a disheveled hippie intellectual, paint the bullet holes on your forehead, and talk about snuff films and big name politicians debauching little boys somewhere in Nebraska.

Imagine how many unsettled ghosts there are who were killed in Africa from poisonous drug tests by American pharmaceutical giants. What would they look like?
* Rachel Corrie. Smear the fake blood on a white blouse, dye your hair red, and talk about how it's wrong to bulldoze a person's house with a family inside simply because you believe they're an inferior species of animal. Then contemplate what it feels like to have an Israeli bulldozer crush your chest.

Have you, as an American, ever contemplated what it must have been like for a little Iraqi boy to keep asking his mother why it was they were being bombed and all their relatives were dead? There is a sad surfeit of Iraqi ghosts this Halloween, all singing the same song to every American: “Why did you kill us?”
* Don Wiley, the dead microbiologist found on the Mississippi River bridge in Memphis. Dress any way you like (he was a Harvard professor) and tell us about the bird flu, Don, and the thimerosal in the vaccines, the barium in the chemtrails, the fluoride in the water, the MSG in the food supply, nonreproducing biotech seeds, the prions in the deer, the depleted uranium particles in uteruses . . .

I personally may dress up this year as a high school student who was bored to death by school.
*Margie Schrodinger, the black Texas housewife who claimed to be gangraped by Dubya and his cohorts, a story that no one would even investigate. Authorities ruled her death a suicide, and of course, that opens up a whole new category of potential Halloween costumes, those who apparently were suicided, from James Hatfield to Vince Foster to
Danny Casolaro, all of whom have great stories to tell us from beyond the grave.
I'm told by fiends, I mean friends, that the Iraqi prisoner who was draped in electrical wires and a black cape is the top new Halloween costume for this season.

If you think these are in bad taste, let me respectfully point out that there is no worse taste than a people who accept obvious lies as an excuse to kill people and rob them, who ignore the mass murder of 3,000 of their own countrymen without even a decent investigation, and who are too afraid to even say to their own leaders, "Just tell the truth."

Still stuck for a decent Halloween costume? Don’t worry. We're making ghosts a lot faster now.

And if all else fails, you can always go as the scariest, most menacing character of all this Halloween, the one surest to invoke pure and unadulterated horror at the evil injustice and wanton cruelty that forged his reputation across many decades of blood, false statements and broken promises. You can go as an American.
John Kaminski is a writer who lives on the Gulf Coast of Florida whose Internet essays are seen on hundreds of websites around the world. Check out this recent interview http://kurtnimmo.com/?p=81 and read more essays at http://www.johnkaminski.com/.

Copyright © 1998-2007 Online Journal
Email Online Journal Editor
http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish ... e_45.shtml

http://www.oilempire.us/coup.html
Last edited by MinM on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby teamdaemon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:51 pm

I would like to point out how evil Halloween is. Not because of any pagan association, which I support wholeheartedly, but because it is a holiday that is all about feeding children sugar. Sugar is an evil capitalist drug, and always has been. How many slaves have been worked to death on sugar plantations since Europeans arrived here? How many Native Americans roll over in their graves because of the atrocious desecration of corn that yields high fructose corn syrup? That's a lot of angry ghosts.
teamdaemon

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 pm

teamdaemon wrote:I would like to point out how evil Halloween is. Not because of any pagan association, which I support wholeheartedly, but because it is a holiday that is all about feeding children sugar. Sugar is an evil capitalist drug, and always has been. How many slaves have been worked to death on sugar plantations since Europeans arrived here? How many Native Americans roll over in their graves because of the atrocious desecration of corn that yields high fructose corn syrup? That's a lot of angry ghosts.

I suffer from diabetes, so I know all about that. I also know about the modern plight of Native Americans and both alcoholism and diabetes.
I often say that as much as I talk about Satanic global elites controlling our lives, it's both debt and poor diet that is America's biggest threat.
Yes folks, diet. When I see an obsese poor mom filling her shopping carts with tons of soda, sugar cereals and junk food with her little ones in tow...I cringe. I've had weight issues a lot of my life, I grew up super poor...and I know what it's like to live on a horrible diet.

Am I the stereotypical young liberal who buys mostly organic? Perhaps, and I know it's cheaper to some when you buy...well crap.

But as much as people talk about the evil of second hand smoke, when the schools of America and the parents of lower income(and really all) kids fill them with garbage...it WILL effect their growth, metabolism, and mental state. No, we dont need to be a nation of Hitler youth fit and strong; but we all need to be health conscious and exercise if possible

Fresno_Layshaft wrote:
8bitagent wrote:I can't help but feel sickened every time I see Halloween stuff at the store or on tv this year. Everytime I see skeleton and ghoul costumes, I think of all the countless people being maimed, raped and killed in state/corporate backed African genocide. I think of all the dead souls of innocent Muslims murdered by the US imperialistic establishment, since just 2001 alone.

:roll:

It's pagan witchcraft too! Ban Halloween! Pray for forgiveness!

Only if we can ban Christianity:)
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 pm

MinM wrote: * Hunter S. Thompson. Dress as a disheveled hippie intellectual, paint the bullet holes on your forehead, and talk about snuff films and big name politicians debauching little boys somewhere in Nebraska.

* Rachel Corrie.

Have you, as an American, ever contemplated what it must have been like for a little Iraqi boy to keep asking his mother why it was they were being bombed and all their relatives were dead? There is a sad surfeit of Iraqi ghosts this Halloween, all singing the same song to every American: “Why did you kill us?”

* Don Wiley[/url], the dead microbiologist found on the Mississippi River bridge in Memphis.

/506x316_hornsandhalos.jpg[/img][/url]
* Margie Schrodinger[/url], the black Texas housewife who claimed to be gangraped by Dubya and his cohorts, a story that no one would even investigate. Authorities ruled her death a suicide, and of course, that opens up a whole new category of potential Halloween costumes, those who apparently were suicided, from

Danny Casolaro, all of whom have great stories to tell us from beyond the grave.

I'm told by fiends, I mean friends, that the Iraqi prisoner who was draped in electrical wires and a black cape is the top new Halloween costume for this season.

Yeah interesting how HS Thompson was exposing organize pedophile elites and 9/11 at the time he was found dead.

Danny Casolaro, along with the late Mark Lombardi; more genius minds that helped show the world the real truth behind the nwo networks.

Gary Webb, Gary Caradori, DC Madam, Terrence Yeakey, William Colby,
David Kelly, Paul Wellstone, and on and on and on.

And Rachel Corrie: It's freaking sad more people didnt make a bigger deal about that. Israel brutally killed her, plane and simple.

I get so upset when the left never talks about how many Afghan and Pakistani children the US has killed since 9/11. Its all about Iraq. People need to stand up and expose all the evil the US has done in Afghanistan.
Or Bill Clinton's evil in Iraq and Yugoslavia.

Anyways, damn good article.

I guess I cant be too thrilled with Halloween, when we have a group of Satanic child sacrificing psychopaths flying planes into buildings, murdering millions of Africans and Muslims, tanking the economy, flooding black cities with drugs and keeping people unhealthy:)
8bitagent

Postby justdrew » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 am

Halloween is one of the most important and best holidays. It's about friendly rewards for facing their fears. Nowadays a lot, perhaps even most, parents and communities have ruined or nearly ruined it for most.

Facing fears early may reduce childhood anxiety

Helping children face their fears may be more productive than focusing on other techniques to help them manage their anxieties, according to research presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Chicago.
The research, which identified similarities between cognitive behavioral therapy administered in a clinical practice and protocols recommended in common treatment manuals, showed that as children were taught to face their fears, their ability to function increased.

The study also showed that children were able to complete exercises exposing them to their fears much earlier than suggested in the treatment manuals. The more children focused on other techniques for managing their anxieties, however, the less improvement they showed in functioning.

Stephen Whiteside, Ph.D., from Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., explained that more research into treatment options for childhood anxiety needs to be conducted. "We have children face their fears and we teach them techniques for managing their anxiety, but research isn't advanced enough to show which element should be the main part of treatment or whether both parts are necessary for improvement," he says.

Dr. Whiteside also says that treatment manuals suggest introducing exposure -- having children face their fears -- late in the treatment process. "We wondered whether we could begin exposures closer to the beginning of the process," Dr. Whiteside says. "If we focused on exposures and didn't provide anxiety management techniques, would kids still get better?"

According to Dr. Whiteside, treatment that was shorter and began exposures earlier than standard manuals recommended not only improved the children's ability to function but also could to be more cost-effective.

Source: Mayo Clinic
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Penguin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:56 am

Ill celebrate my own Holy Unity of Life and Mind, not other peoples Hallowed Eves. I think Ill roll up a few herbals to burn as sacrificial offerings to various natural spirits and living creativity. And spit in the direction of Hollystaffs and black magicians woollypully tricks. And remember my fellow beings, human and nonhuman, and their pains and tears and travels, gone and coming, under the starry sky. You are my heart, I am your eyes. When you look into mine, You are who looks back.
Penguin

Postby HiFi_Zither » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:33 am

i agree with justdrew. the practice of Halloween allows for people the space and time to be outrageous. mardi gras, the same idea, only on a smaller scale.

i also agree that facing fears earlier than later helps everyone, not just children. especially if it's experience involves humor and playfulness. everyone deals with fear and death in their own way.

it's the twists, the cleverness, the surprise that i love about the holiday. not just the standard interpretation of the standard gore.
HiFi_Zither

Postby Penguin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:09 am

Yeah. But Halloween as produced by USA and exported worldwide, is in my humblish opinion not the same as Mardi Gras and similar cultural rites. Its been nastily co-opted for marketing and PR purposes - and most horror flicks, not to mention mainstream TV entertainment like Dexter, a portrayal of a cop serial killer who sadistically and sociopathically serial kills serial killers - are nowadays simply tools of violent mindrape.

We need to make that distinction when talking of effects of dealing with fear at an early age. Theres cathartic fear, and then theres the kind that does damage - never mind if it happens slowly day by day by incessant battering with violent imagery and senseless acts of cruelty, real and imagined. And worship of violence and the warrior cult.

If one youngin learns that actually fear is one of the greatest motivators, and really the only thing to fear, and comes to some working relation with that, one is freer from its grip later in life. But who teaches kids dada zen...
Penguin

Postby justdrew » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 am

traditions have to be re-interpreted and evolve over time and in some cases be reclaimed. it's true that for many people today it's messed up, and in some countries it's perhaps fairly an imposition by industry more than a cultural event. advertising corporate culture has taken over most everything and finding a way to push that aside and revive a more natural society less driven by marketing of manufactured pseudo-needs is essential and hopefully inevitable.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby IanEye » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:58 pm

justdrew wrote:traditions have to be re-interpreted and evolve over time and in some cases be reclaimed.

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Next

Return to General Discussion