DE and the Theresa Duncan/Jeremy Blake Saga

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:30 pm

Wonderflonium wrote:Theresa looks so young... she's almost unrecognizable.

I just wanted to add that seeing this film really blew my mind. Up until that point of watching it, I'd never seen actual moving footage of her, only still photos.

It's one thing to try and know someone from their writing and photographs of them. Film and video footage become truly moving imagery in getting to know that person.

What I took away from the memorial film was just how different she looked from my limited knowledge of her through still photos.

This story still boggles my mind. Particularly because of the locale and connections to the NYC 911 Truth scene and Frank Morales.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby FreeLancer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Very interesting film. Not sure what to make of it.
FreeLancer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wonderflonium » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Considering that Jeremy had already met his watery fate when they decided to screen this, I found all the scenes of Theresa at the beach gazing out at the waves a little ghoulish....

It looks like maybe it was a student film or something experimental and underground. I can't find any mention of Wilbur King or "Charlottle Goes Swimming" on IMDB or anywhere else online....
Wonderflonium

Postby FreeLancer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember there being a Mary Duncan reference on that post. Looks like someone removed it. I think it was posted within the past few months.
FreeLancer

Re: DE and the Theresa Duncan/Jeremy Blake Saga

Postby Wonderflonium » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:58 pm

sunny wrote:...DE and his obsession with TD....

DE wasn't the only one obsessed with it. It drove me crazy for months and continues to flare up like an itch between my shoulder blades that I can't... quite... reach. DAMMIT!

Every few months there's a new addition to the dead woman's blog. And the posting of a memorial film used to say Mary Duncan on it, but now it doesn't.

And as a direct result of a conversation here, suddenly there's a new wave of douche-chill-inducing, suspiciously Eve-like nonsense by "Ana Graham."

Has the world always been this odd and I just never noticed it before?
Wonderflonium

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 pm

This 'thing' that went down after the two of them died really knocked some people silly. There was all kinds of insane shit, both behaviors and accussations(one of DE's 'research assistants accused me of being inv9olved in Duncan's alleged murder'). People who had posted here for some time ended up getting outed for..something I still don't quite understand, like Masonic Plot, what a creepy disaster that turned out to be..

There's some things that didn't make it out into the open, and much more that was in plain sight and misunderstood. DE became paranoid of everyone, including Jeff and myself, who were both once decent friends with him.

Don't know where he is, don't really care. He not only entered Chapel Perilous, but he dragged many of us with him unwillingly.

I'm glad to be able to say that I'm one of the few that 'checked out' ok for the Mighty Ty Brown.

RIP Blake and Duncan. A book would be great, but even if we all put everything we all knew into the pot there would still be too many chapters missing to make the story complete. That and a handful of us were too close to the story to be comfortable being a part of the writing, myself for one.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

A Great Huge Game of Chess

Postby justdrew » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 am

a small tribute...
For some minutes Alice stood without speaking, looking out in all directions over the country—and a most curious country it was. There were a number of tiny little brooks running straight across it from side to side, and the ground between was divided up into squares by a number of little green hedges, that reached from brook to brook.

“I declare it’s marked out just like a large chessboard!” Alice said at last. “There ought to be some men moving about somewhere—and so there are!” she added in a tone of delight, and her heart began to beat quick with excitement as she went on. “It’s a great huge game of chess that’s being played—all over the world—if this is the world at all, you know. Oh, what fun it is! How I wish I was one of them! I wouldn’t mind being a Pawn, if only I might join—though of course I should like to be a Queen, best.”

Through the Looking-Glass And What Alice Found There, 1871 edition
fist pic is link to source and more...

Let’s pretend there’s a way of getting through into it, somehow, Kitty. Let’s pretend the glass has got all soft like gauze, so that we can get through. Why, it’s turning into a sort of mist now, I declare! It’ll be easy enough to get through – ’ She was up on the chimney-piece while she said this, though she hardly knew how she had got there. And certainly the glass was beginning to melt away, just like a bright silvery mist.

In another moment Alice was through the glass, and had jumped lightly down into the Looking-glass room. The very first thing she did was to look whether there was a fire in the fireplace, and she was quite pleased to find that there was a real one, blazing away as brightly as the one she had left behind. ‘So I shall be as warm here as I was in the old room,’ thought Alice: ‘warmer, in fact, because there’ll be no one here to scold me away from the fire. Oh, what fun it’ll be, when they see me through the glass in here, and can’t get at me!’

...and this one is hard but moving... just the link here...
http://www.fromoldbooks.org/LewisCaroll-AliceInWonderland/pages/alice_01b/814x1161.html
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:05 am

The majority of the Duncan/Blake saga took place during a period when I was away from RI due to lack of Internet access. I do recall lurking in the thread that resulted in the outing, if that's what it can be properly called, of Masonic Plot, but I still do not really understand what happened and don't expect I will since it seems less than worthwhile and possibly mentally or physically dangerous (i.e. chapel perilous) to put in the necessary effort involved in reconstructing the events. Even after reading much today about ARG and following this thread, I am at a loss for comprehension, but given the nature of the original episodes and the weirdness that follows even this thread, I think I will keep most of my specific questions to myself.

The one question I will ask, is if anyone can better explain ARG and it's possible? relation to the Blake/Duncan saga better than the wiki entry linked here earlier. At this point, I don't really understand what the saga even was, but I get the impression even those involved can't definitively answer that question. And I don't 'get' ARG, or rather, I fail to see the gaming aspect of it, as what I looked at today I would classify more as a mindfuck/hoax than any kind of game.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby justdrew » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 am

yeah, I don't think most of these ARGs constitute something properly called a game, they're more chronovores

the possibility shouldn't be discounted that some loosely organized population of experienced, jaded and cynical ARG players/creators have their own free floating unadvertised games that leech onto real events.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby thurnundtaxis » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 am

I would think that whoever could coalesce the entire Duncan/Blake/Morales/DE/ARG/internet conspiracy discussion board narrative into a cohesive multi-perspectived novel could possibly write the 21st century equivalent of Gravity's Rainbow, or at least the exegesis of the VALIS trilogy
as written in contemporary slang..
thurnundtaxis

Postby Wonderflonium » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 am

It was a dark and stormy night on teh interwebz...
Wonderflonium

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 am

mentalgongfu2 wrote:I do recall lurking in the thread that resulted in the outing, if that's what it can be properly called, of Masonic Plot, but I still do not really understand what happened and don't expect I will since it seems less than worthwhile and possibly mentally or physically dangerous (i.e. chapel perilous) to put in the necessary effort involved in reconstructing the events.

Masonic Plot shared IP's with Et in Arcadia Eve and another RI account. He/She claimed to be in direct personal contact with Noreen Gosch, among other things. Eve, of course, claimed to be in direct personal contact with Gannon. Masonic Plot was here for over two years before the connections were made and that person was called out. I waded through hundreds of RI pages looking for back posts that had been edited away by that person when they realized the gig was up and tracks were in the process of being covered.

That should be enough to see just one single facet of what a nasty mess it really was/is.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Wonderflonium » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:42 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:...Noreen Gosch....

And in the same way that Noreen Gosch, Duncan, Blake and DE are accused of having "gone off the edge," they all seem to have been given a good, hard push.
Wonderflonium

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Agreed. I'm pretty certain the person(s) who did the pushing are still among us.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:13 pm

The Masonic_plot thing was strange.

He had always been an excellent poster here, one of my many favourites.

He was a frequent poster for quite a while, and then left.

When he returned, he came into all sorts of conflicts, together with speaking of being in contact with Noreen Gosch, and so on. He was caught making contradictory propositions and altering his story. It seemed to me that it wasn't even the same poster, the tone was altered somewhat, and some of the opinions expressed seemed to have taken 180-degree turns.

Could the original poster "Masonic_plots's" account have been compromised?

Of course, his original sig declared quite openly that the writings attributed to the poster were to be seen as the words of a fictional character only...

:)
Hammer of Los

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion