mk-mc and sound engineers

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Dune

Postby madeupname452 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Some thoughts have a certain sound…that being the equivalent to a form.
This is part of the weirding way that we will teach you…

madeupname452

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby orz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm

orz

Postby Extradimensional Beatnik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Speaking of the Dead's esoteric interests, I knew I'd seen this little gem somwhere:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/ar ... r_esp.html

The Grateful Dead's Acid Test for ESP
Andy Roberts tells the story behind the world’s biggest telepathy experiment – a heady cocktail of parapsychology, hallucinogens and the loud, ecstatic music of the Grateful Dead.
By Andy Roberts February 2004

In December 2000 parapsychologist Richard Wiseman announced he was going to conduct the “world’s largest telepathy experiment” in London [FT143:24]. Unfortunately Wiseman’s experiment, using up to 100 telepathic ‘senders’, fell well short of the far more fortean approach taken by a group of parapsychologists and musicians towards the end of the psychedelic era in America.

The real ‘world’s largest telepathy experiment’ actually took place in February 1971 at Port Chester in New York State. Far from being conducted in the psychically arid test conditions of a laboratory, it was hosted by the world’s strangest rock and roll band, The Grateful Dead. The Dead themselves are no strangers to fortean phenomena, and the synchronicities surrounding their gigs at the Great Pyramid of Giza and percussionist Micky Hart’s encounter with a cursed human skull drum are the stuff of legend [see FT88:34-38, FT164:24-25]. Unarguably at the cutting edge of genuinely psychedelic music, and all that entails, the Grateful Dead were forged in the crucible of 1960s American West Coast acid culture, playing to huge crowds where band and audience were under the influence of the strongest psychedelics. Their music to this day both encompasses and surpasses all contemporary and historical forms, leading one critic to define their œuvre as “music beyond idiom”. Accounts of the sheer power generated at a Grateful Dead gig are legion, band and followers believing that when they are playing at full throttle a temporary psychedelic psychic ‘church’ is created in which musicians and celebrants are joined in a sort of ‘wholly communion’, becoming a single entity with one mind.

Micky Hart puts this succinctly: “Our main focus was the idea of group mind. We saw the Grateful Dead as a group mind and one in which we were able to share with the audience. We were able to take an image and project it into the audience and send it to receptive receivers.” With this kind of belief it was only a matter of time before the parapsychological fraternity became seriously interested in the Grateful Dead.

The link came in the form of parapsychologist and author Stanley Krippner, at that time director of the Maimonides Dream Laboratory in Brooklyn, New York. Krippner had been working at the far edges of parapsychology for several years and since 1964 had been involved in testing the hypothesis “that sleeping subjects are able to incorporate aspects of randomly selected target stimuli into their dreams”. Krippner was also a Dead fan and had used their music in previous ESP experiments. The Grateful Dead’s biographer, Dennis McNally, described, in A Long Strange Trip: The Inside History of the Grateful Dead (Bantam, NY, 2002), Krippner’s entry into the Dead’s world: “Krippner was yet another of the fascinating people the Dead had attracted, a distinguished psychologist who was comfortable with the rational study of ‘fuzzy’ things like ESP, or psychedelics, or both together.”

Gerry Garcia, the Dead’s lead guitarist, and Micky Hart first met Stanley Krippner at a party in 1970. McNally recalls, “Eventually Krippner found himself in conversation with Garcia, who wondered about the potential interaction of various altered states of consciousness, for instance sleep and the psychedelic state, and whether or not that could aid sensitivity to ESP. Their conversation yielded the Dream Experiment, which was deemed worthy of publication in a formal, academically refereed journal of psychology.”

Krippner initially conducted a smaller version of the Port Chester experiments, in which ESP, hundreds of people, rock music and psychedelics were brought together. This took place at a Holy Modal Rounders concert on 15 March 1970 where five volunteer telepathy ‘receivers’ were selected for the experiment. Each receiver was told the geographical location of the concert and asked to ‘tune in’ at midnight, when certain images would be telepathically projected by the audience. The receivers were situated at random locations within a 100-mile (160km) radius of the concert venue. The target image chosen to be projected was ‘birds’, and a sequence of appropriate moving images and transparencies was prepared by the psychedelic light show operator Jean Mayo. These consisted of a film about eagles and a number of slides depicting photographs of various birds, together with key symbols such as the Egyptian hieroglyph for bird and phrases such as ‘Think birds’ and ‘fly high’. One crucial slide sequence showed a mythological phœnix appearing and disappearing in flames.

The audience were informed verbally that when these images appeared they were to concentrate on them and ‘send’ them telepathically. To create the strongest link between the target images, the power of the music and the audience, the images were projected during the band’s performance of ‘If You Want to Be a Bird’. This song was already fixed in the audience’s minds as it had been featured in the 1969 cult film Easy Rider, during a sequence in which Jack Nicholson looned around on the back of a motorcycle.

Midnight duly passed and the audience, high on music and drugs and open to the potential of telepathic contact, did their best to project the chosen images into the collective unconscious. The five receivers reported variously, ‘something mythological, like a Griffin or a Phoenix’, ‘a snake’, ‘grapes’, ‘an embryo in flames growing into a tree’. The fifth receiver was singer Richie Havens, who also reported seeing a mythological creature like a phœnix.

Was this experiment successful? Maybe. Interpreting a telepathy experiment can be difficult because, unless the images received are exactly the same as the ones sent, the results are open to scepticism at best, ridicule at worst. However, at least two of the images received appeared to be within acceptable parameters and Krippner felt that with some important changes to the methodology of the experiment he could improve the results.

Buoyed up by the apparent success of the Holy Modal Rounders experiment, Krippner planned something much more ambitious involving the Grateful Dead. This was to take place at each gig of the Dead’s six-night run at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, New York State, during February 1971. The Port Chester shows themselves have become legendary in ‘Deadhead’ circles as being fantastic examples of the transformative and redemptive power of music. Listening to them you are aware of a music being created which is truly ‘out there’, an ideal backdrop against which to conduct a telepathy experiment.

Contrary to the somewhat shambolic psychedelic milieu in which the Grateful Dead existed, the Port Chester experiments were planned in some detail. In attempting to refine the methodology used at the Holy Modal Rounders experiment, Krippner’s team made some radical changes. It was decided to make the instructions to the senders (the audience) much more specific, and also to make them aware of the physical location of one of the receivers. To insure against the possibility of the target images being leaked, either consciously or unconsciously, they were to be selected at random immediately prior to being shown to the senders.

For the Port Chester experiments just two receivers, Malcolm Bessent and Felicia Parise, were chosen. Both were experienced ‘psychic sensitives’. For the duration of the experiment Bessent was to be observed whilst under laboratory conditions, sleeping at the Maimonides Dream Laboratory, 45 miles (72km) away. Parise was to sleep in her flat where she would be telephoned several times during the night and asked to describe the content of her dreams.

The audiences on each night were told only about Bessent’s involvement in the experiment. This was so that the Dream Laboratory staff could monitor ‘intentionality’, i.e. whether or not the senders’ knowledge of who was taking part and where they were could affect results. In this case, if intentionality was relevant it would be expected that Bessent would have more success in receiving the images than Parise. Conversely, if it were the receiver whose subconscious mind reached out and located the target images, both senders could be expected to score equally well.

Krippner’s assistant, Ronnie Mastrian, was in the audience at the Capitol Theatre and immediately prior to each gig selected one of two envelopes by the flipping of a coin. Each envelope contained a series of slides containing images which were to be the focus of the evening’s experiment. The selected transparencies were loaded into a projector and shown on the stage backdrop. At 11.30pm when the concert was well under way, the bemused and excited audience read the instruction slides; “1) You are about to participate in an ESP experiment, 2) In a few seconds you will see a picture, 3) Try using your ESP to ‘send’ this picture to Malcolm Bessent, 4) He will try to dream about the picture. Try to send it to him, 5) Malcolm Bessent is now at the Maimonides dream laboratory in Brooklyn”.

One of six randomly selected pictures was then projected onto the stage backdrop for 15 minutes whilst the Grateful Dead played. Unusually for the Dead, there was no psychedelic light show at any of the Port Chester gigs, thus making the projected images the visual focus of the concert.

When Malcolm Bessent had been observed to be engaged in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) activity for 10 minutes, he was woken and asked what he was dreaming. This took place several times throughout the night. Felicia Parise was contacted by ’phone at 90 minute intervals and her dreams recorded. On the following morning, both subjects were asked to add any details they had missed, together with any associations they attached to their dreams. Their recollections were tape-recorded and transcribed for use by the evaluators.

At the end of the six-show run, the two evaluators were each given the full receivers’ transcripts together with copies of the images used. The evaluators, working independently of each other, the telepathy receivers or Dream Laboratory staff, were asked to read the tape transcripts. They then recorded on a 100-point scale any correspondences between the dream recollections and the images projected during the experiment.

As with the Holy Modal Rounders experiment, the results were encouraging but open to wide interpretation. One example of this dichotomy comes from the 19 February gig where a painting called ‘The Seven Spinal Chakras’ was projected. This showed a male in the yogic full lotus position, deep in meditation, each chakra vividly illuminated. When Bessent was awakened during this particular experiment he remembered dreaming he was, “very interested in… using natural energy… thinking about rocket ships… an energy box and… a spinal column”. This correspondence was classed as a success, although sceptics will have their doubts.

Another debatable success came from the night of 20 February when the surrealist painter Magritte’s ‘Philosophy in the Boudoir’ was selected and projected. The painting is of a headless woman in a transparent robe. This time Bessent dreamed about a “little girl’s doll” which Krippner believed demonstrated “a degree of correspondence”.

The Dream Laboratory’s report on the experiment noted: “The average evaluation of the two judges was computed for each pair of dream transcripts and target pictures. If coincidence, rather than ESP, had been operating, the judges’ evaluation of the correct transcript/target pairs would have been higher than all other pairs one time out of six. For Miss Parise, one correct pair obtained the highest rating. In the case of Mr Bessent, the judges gave the highest score to the correct pairs four times out of six… Thus, for Mr Bessent, the ESP hypothesis is supported. Further, some support is given to the position that the agents must know who the target is to be transmitted to and where he is located for telepathy to occur.”

So, were the experiments a success? Krippner and his team certainly thought so, although sceptics and debunkers will snort derisively at the lack of rigour in parts of the experiment’s design. And, of course, the results were open to interpretation and raised many questions, such as: how clearly and exactly does a received image have to correspond with the image projected? Does the whole dream have to correspond with the target image? – and so on. No-one said parapsychology was easy!

Other rock commentators doubted the psychedelic component of the experiment. Former band manager (and not entirely reliable commentator) Rock Scully, in his book Living With The Dead (Little, Brown, 1995), expressed a jaundiced view of the event; “The results turned out to be shady… the Port Chester audience is 18- and 19-year-old kids who’ve hopped over the border from Connecticut to get drunk and are all screwed up on beer and hard liquor.” Hardly the blissed out psychonauts of mid-60s San Francisco’s Haight Ashbury who were the Dead’s original constituency.

In both design and organisational terms, the Holy Modal Rounders and Grateful Dead telepathy experiments probably weren’t as rigorous as the parapsychological establishment would have liked. But from a fortean angle the results are not really the point. No, the point is that all concerned had the courage of their convictions and strength of belief to attempt the manifestation of a wild talent, involving over 6,000 people. These experiments were, to date, the largest telepathy tests conducted outside of laboratory conditions, with over 2,000 people being involved at each concert. They reflected a zeitgeist, rapidly fading from our memories, in which it was believed the human subconscious had limitless potential and could be accessed and directed by drugs, music and intent. Contrast that with the general drabness of psychical research in the early 21st century! Now largely forgotten, the world’s biggest telepathy experiment has become just another footnote in the annals of both parapsychology and rock and roll. Ah well, I guess you had to be there!�
"Walking on water wasn't built in a day."--Jack Kerouac
Extradimensional Beatnik

When You Wake, You're Still In A Dream

Postby IanEye » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:14 pm

click me

[url=http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98336584377199.shtml]When You Wake, You're Still In A Dream

The air is thick with fudge, although no one's handing any out. In the adjacent rooms lie the skeletons of redundant camera equipment. Richard James stands impassively having his last few pictures taken. As we leave the fudge factory in search of a cup of tea, Richard, walking at half my pace, stops to peer into a paper shredding factory, kick bags of rubbish, and is pulled up short by the sign above a Chinese take away. "'Good Friends!'" he scoffs, more with bewilderment than scorn. "What does that mean?"

This is Richard James, Aphex Twin, Polygon Window, Caustic Window, Dice Man; his musical emissions made of pure trace elements and raw materials, where that of most Twinspawn is expendable by-product. We enter a quiet cafe, the only one visible on this long East End street, but as soon as I switch on a tape to record our conversation, the air fills up with braying TV sets, a loud radio news bulletin, hammering and Chinese waitresses singing along to pop songs. We are the only customers.

The Aphex Twin's dream "I was trying to work it out over my cornflakes this morning. I don't reckon it would make any sense if I explained it; it wasn't a story, not like I was here, doing that - it was just conversations with I don't know who? I don't know exactly what was going on, but it was quite fucked up. And there weren't any sounds in it at all."

Richard James's 1994 album Selected Ambient Works II was a sprawling dawnscape whose vista was obscured by gas, mists, distressed textures, smeared lenses. With hardly a guiding beat in earshot, it was a prime example of the lucid dreaming recordings that James had been talking about in interviews. The new Aphex Twin album, I Care Because You Do, although recorded 'consciously', has more characteristics of the popular image of a lucid dream than any of James's previous work. The track "Alberto Balsam" magically jumps from its original percussion loop - which seems to consist of drums and camera shutter-clicks or snipping hairdresser's scissors - to a passage of percussion on a domestic radiator, then back to the drums again; a split-second leap from the preset world of sequenced rhythms to a hasty, amateurish tapping on domestic fixtures. At the beginning of the next track, a door slams and James's voice is heard shouting, before the rhythm track kicks in. It's been taped with a portable DAT from bedroom speakers, and you can hear James shuffling around in the room before jacking the desk sound into the mix, so that the music can be heard 'properly'. It's an unsettling alchemy, this constant shifting between machine acoustics and realtime experience.

As suspected, Richard James isn't hugely interested in debating in depth the implications of what he does, although he graciously answers all my questions without hesitation, offering so much information, then stopping. It's a cliche, rarely true, that most of the answers are to be found in the music, gut it seems more than usually applicable in this case, especially in the music he says he keeps concealed in his private archive. He claims to operate according to a prickly yet somehow admirable logic, not caring who hears his music, only releasing records and doing the promotional rounds in order to make a living. "The only reason I'm putting records out is to make some money, and I don't reckon people would get into it if I released some of the more unconventional stuff that I do. My friends want to hear things that I've done, and that's cool, but I don't particularly want to hear it again, I just like making new stuff."

We pause and listen to the hammering, and the cars swishing past in the rain outside. Does he hear music all the time, I wonder out loud; is he hearing the street as music? "Yeah." Is that a problem? "Yeah, fucking pisses me off badly, but there's nothing I can really do about it."

The process of creating music electronically could be seen as a correlative of dreaming. The musician creates a mosaic out of sonic fragments, but the mosaic exists in more than two dimensions: sampled snatches of music are snippets of other people's experience; location and environmental recordings hold personal memories, sense-impressions, emotional associations. All these are recombined and arranged in the mixing desk, in the dub (and here we might as well consult the dictionary definition of 'dub': "an alternative soundtrack, esp in a different language").

The secret, for musicians as for lucid dreamers, is in trying to find a balance point between when to control and when to let go: does becoming too aware of what you're doing dispel the magic? "The grade changes," says Richard James. "You'll be on another planet, thinking, What made me get myself here? And those are the best ones, when they're in the middle. More interesting, because it's really unexpected. But when you're totally in control it's usually more boring, because nothing really moves around, you don't get all this weird shit going on. It's quite like being awake, and that's not all that interesting."

I ask him if his dreams seem more real than waking life. "I think dreams are a bit more honest, because you don't lie to yourself in dreams. I don't think you have an ego and all this business; it all seems to disappear. The way you are in a day is basically the way you were shaped the night before when you were sleeping; and when you're asleep, that's when all your thoughts are put into order - it's when your brain does all its filing; prepares you for the next conscious day. You could argue that when you sleep that's when all the shit goes down."

Richard James claims never to have heard of Celia Green or her writings; he discovered he could lucid dream "when I was little", and was only able to give it a name after he watched a QED programme about three lucid dreamers meeting up in each other's dreams. Except that you can't help feeling that he's exactly the kind of prodigy Celia Green was addressing in her Advice To Clever Children, especially when he answers my parting question: whether he considers himself a mystic. "That's not me at all, I'm much more logical. I'm pretty old school when it comes to things like that. I have to see things before I believe them."

Dreams have traditionally been used to illuminate waking lives; the new Aphex Twin music illuminates the way waking visions can start to spill back into unconscious reveries. Here, as in so many other areas, the borders are fuzzing. The convergence of all these strands at this moment registers a wider conflux of information and global communication; music is taking its own share of this great learning. The lines are converging, focusing, and stretching ahead to their vanishing point. [/url]
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Gouda » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 am

Hava wrote:
Just a thought. A while ago, i was contacted online by a guy from Holland, israeli originally, who was inerested somehow in stuff i wrote (Mk, mc child trafficking). his line of questioning was possibly suspicious, not sure. Anyway, he said he works as sound engineer, and this led me ask has anyone researched the production of audio (telephone) hypnotic cues to MK slaves.

I do know, experientially, that my programs, some of them, are set off by phone, and in fact at some point i was exposed to some form of phone harassment, when i would pick up the phone and hear nothing except something that sounds as clicking or ticking, but biological douns (like someone is clicking their tongue, sorry that's the best description). In other times its the voice, which activates, the words or what not. however, i am quite sure that in order to install hypnotic cues, sound engineering is relevant. Anyone has links or info on that aspect ?

Hava, not directly related to your query above, but the following Israeli security companies advanced use of subliminals and 'brain fingerprinting' techniques (now for airports) may be of interest. Perhaps they have done R & D into sound triggering as well? "WeCU Technologies" ... nice. Another company, Nemesysco, does a sort of reverse engineer on sound cuing: they employ Layered Voice Analysis to detect people who are "threats".

Behavioral screening -- the future of airport security?
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/02/ ... index.html

Security experts say focus is shifting from analyzing the content of carry-ons to analyzing the content of passengers' intentions and emotions.

"We are seeing a needed paradigm shift when it comes to security," says Omer Laviv, CEO of ATHENA GS3, an Israeli-based security company.
"This 'brain-fingerprinting,' or technology which checks for behavioral intent, is much more developed than we think."

Nowhere is the need for cutting-edge security more acute than Israel, which faces constant security threats. For this reason, Israel has become a leader in developing security technology.

Several Israeli-based technology companies are developing detection systems that pick up signs of emotional strain -- a psychological red flag that a passenger may intend to commit an act of terror. Speedier and less intrusive than metal detectors, these systems may eventually restore some efficiency to the airplane boarding process.

One firm, WeCU (pronounced "We See You") Technologies, employs a combination of infra-red technology, remote sensors and imagers, and flashing of subliminal images, such as a photo of Osama bin Laden. Developers say the combination of these technologies can detect a person's reaction to certain stimuli by reading body temperature, heart rate and respiration -- signals a terrorist unwittingly emits before he plans to commit an attack.

WeCU has received grants from the Transportation Security Administration within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which hopes to implement a system to pinpoint internal threats such as airline employees intending terrorist acts.

Once these technologies are in place, a passenger may pass through a security screening without realizing it. For example, passengers could use an automated check-in system or gaze at a screen with departures information without realizing they've just been exposed to the words 'Islamic jihad' written in Arabic.

These stimuli, explains Givon, will intrinsically elicit some sort of biometric response -- whether the passenger knows it or not -- that can be picked up by WeCU's strategically placed sensors.

"I believe that we introduce a new layer in security," Givon says. "This is something that couldn't be done in the past -- finding the connection between a certain individual and the intent to harm."

The Orwellian-sounding startup has gone further to develop a system that detects a passenger's behavioral intentions by scanning their every step -- literally. While walking around certain parts of the airport terminal, a passenger may not realize they've stepped on a 'smart carpet' filled with hidden biometric sensors.

"We don't want you to feel that you are being interrogated," he says.
Givon is currently negotiating contracts with airports worldwide and believes his company's technology may be implemented as soon as 2010.

Nemesysco, another Israeli-based technology company, believes the key to a person's emotions and intentions lies in their voice. The company's patented LVA, or Layered Voice Analysis, technology can pick up verbal cues from a passenger who may pose a threat.

If emotional stress is detected, officials can determine if the passenger should be taken aside for further questioning.

A version was recently implemented at another major international airport which Liberman declined to identify.
Gouda

great find GOuda

Postby hava1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Its totally related. I mean, these r the present time risks for violations of human rights, of the type I am trying to research. No doubt the R&D of those strange corporations descdibed here, involved such violations as use of unwitting subjects.

This is important data, thanks. I wonder if there r data dumps for potentially dangerous R&D, so the public can at least be one step closer to those corporations. If u know what they are experimenting with, u can be a savvy paranoid...that's better than just paranoid.

The Dutch sound engineer is still calling me now and then, and i am keeping the phone away from my ears. ;) (Tin foil alert...).

Arent u located in Holland ? or is just the cheese that you like.

---
hava1

Postby Gouda » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:07 am

I don't even particularly like Gouda as a cheese. It ain't bad, but there are better. "Gouda" is just an inside joke between me and an old friend of mine.

Hava, any chance you'll publish your research into this stuff?
Gouda

Postby Extradimensional Beatnik » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Hava, have you ever seen this? From: http://israelirealities.blogspot.com/20 ... oject.html Can you comment on it?

Israeli Realities
Reporting (almost) daily from Israel.

Thursday, March 15, 2007
MK Ultra, the Israeli project

First semi official admission - Israel conducted business with ex Nazis

Today, in Ha'aretz weekend magazine, a fascinating story is laid out for the first time in so many words. Apparently, Zionist intelligence organizations have had dealings with Nazi officials which lasted well after the war and into the 80's. In the past, the issue has been mostly denied, albeit occasionally, ex spies or politicians admitted to some collaboration during the 50's and in connection with the Nazi scientists recruited by Egypt. Rafi Eitan, now minister in the Israeli cabinet, confided several times about his professional connections with high up Nazis. However, usually this was described as minor, sporadic operations aimed at subverting recruitment by Arab foes. In today's article the structure and extent of the special exception to the rule, was further revealed. This elaboration was not a result of an Israeli policy change, rather following the discoveries of confidential materials from the CIA.
This comes at a time when the American "paperclip" program is under scrutiny, especially with regards to unethical and problematic "behavior control" projects associated with Nazi physicians who were imported after the war. The question pops up to mind, did Israel join hands in specific scientific projects with the US ex Nazi projects, and if so, who were the scientists or officials granted refugee status and false identities, and what kind of positions did they fill in Israel.
A clue to the nature of the collaboration is given in this article, by the mention of Prof. Shalhevet Fryer, now already dead, who started and run the Nuclear R&D program of the young Israel, from his laboratory in the Weitzman Institute. Apparently, on top of his scientific skills, he was a spymaster who was involved in the Nazi connections. One of his pet Nazis was in fact the man who ordered massive killings of Jews in trucks, using the car's gasses emissions. The involvement of Nazi scientist specifically in the Nuclear arms field has been the case in the USA as well, with the famous NASA rocket project headed by another Nazi, Herbert Von Braun. It comes as no surprise then, that the objectionable and controversial "behavior modification" experiments (exposed and condemned by the US church Senate committee) were conducted under the command of the Nuclear energy commission, NASA and those specific wings of government that absorbed most of the ex Nazi scientists and doctors. Most of these notorious projects were conducted by the same scientific units that took part in problematic radiation experiments which were exposed and condemned by the Presidential inquiry, under Clinton.
It comes as no surprise then, that Israel adopted pretty much the same programs and structure as the USA in dealing with Nazi R&D for so called military and security purposes. Among survivors of abuse in Israel, the rumours implicated the Weitzman institute, the Biological research center, the atomic energy commission and various military-medical units, mostly the Navy and later joined by the Air force.
Shalhevet Fryer merits a second look, given his unique record of Intel experience starting during WW2, in Italy, later in Mossad Aliya, which was the precursor of Mossad, and later as a nuclear physicist and a spymaster. He could well be the person who headed and started the Israeli MK Ultra sub contracting project.

Rehovot - the hotbed and HQ for Nazi experimentation and mind control (the 1960's).

Rehovot is a suburban town, some 20 miles south east of Tel Aviv. Founded in 1891, by Jewish peasants from Eastern Europe, it became one of the first Jewish townships in Palestine, with citrus groves as its main source of income. Later, a sizable Yemenite wave of immigrants settled in the southern part, forming a large Yemenite neighborhood, much poorer than the earlier settlers' community. At the same time, the Ziv institute was established by Chaim Weitzman, the leader of the Zionist movement, who was also a scientist, and used his connections worldwide to raise money for this new center in Palestine. It was later named after him, the Weitzman institute, where he also established his official residence as Israel's president. Therefore, in the early days of the young Israel, Rehovot was known as the city of citrus and science. Around the same time, and at a distance of 2 miles from the Weitzman Institute, the military established the Biology research center, where secret work was done on non conventional weapons, biological warfare and WMD. Across from the weitzman institute entrance gate, the Hebrew University decided to place its Faculty of Agriculture, in line the area's character, as opposed to the urban nature of Jerusalem, where the main campus was built.
South of Rehovot the British colonial army has already built a large military air base, which served the IDF and thus Tel Noff, the IAF's largest airbase was built. Some 7 miles west of rehovot, the first nuclear plant was erected, Sorek, next to a secret military base stretching from the nuclear plant to the coastline. And so, during the 50's Rehovot was a natural choice for any exotic, scientific projects. Last but not least, just between the Weitzman institute and the Biological research center, there was a beautiful high hill, where the local Arab Sheik's mansion was still in tact, overlooking the entire region. In this huge mansion, the Israeli ministry of health chose to house a psychiatric hospital, specializing in children, and operating two large and populated closed wards for children with "psychiatric illness". The only road from this hospital to a nearby location was a small almost hidden road leading to the Biological research Center.
Rehovot also inherited a fairly large British built hospital, Kaplan which served the entire region south of Tel Aviv at that time. Adjacent and serving the same population was Hartzfeld Geriatric hospital.
----
Soon after independence a flux of Jewish American scientist and physicians swarmed the little town of Rehovot. The official residence units of the Weitzman institute were full, and so a sort "campus" neighborhood evolved gradually south of the institute border well into the center the Rehovot. This was the "northern upper class" part of town, where mostly scientists lived, either permanently or as temporary guest of any of the various institute mentioned above. From a "peasant town" with a Yemenite working class addition, Rehovot turned into a small scaled "Berkeley". The flux of scientists attracted educated families to relocate and the nature of the town has changed and was now split clearly between landowners (farmers and peasants), Yemenites and Olim, and the prominent science community, with its eyes on American cultural appearances. Politically, Rehovot was a tense town, with charged conflicts, resulting in poor local management and constant corruption scandals.
In this atmosphere, the local MK ultra programs crept into the community.
Extradimensional Beatnik

mk israel

Postby hava1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Gouda, i am still very much in early stages. Its amazing that information about such corporations is rarely published here in israel, so its a matter of collecting foreign publications and "reading bn the lines" in Israeli press.

I would love to see a "corporate watch" website in Israel, dealing with those issues, but none exists. Related issue, kind of trivia i guess came up this week in the Likkud primaries. Not sure people here are aware, but the main battle in Likkud now is Netanyahu against "the Faiglins", a group in Likkud which is ultra religious settler right wing, aiming to take over. The group endorses pretty much Meir Kahane's platform of ousting Arabs and establishing a "third kingdom" of Jews, along the lines of the Biblical kingdom with the a Temple and all. The group peddles a detailed "constitution" or platform, and one of its clauses is "Israel shall not engage in Arms production and sale"....This is not a coincidence, rather the result of discoveries such as those here, namely, human experimentation. Its kind of ironic that this ultra racist, fundamentalist group, found the "Achiles heal" of the so called enlightened, "New world order" secular Zionist nucleus.

----
Extra, thats interesting u found it, its actualy something i wrote, when i was still thinking to publish an english blog, and was experimenting with it. I am impressed with my English skills in this post :) Actually, i was then in contact with some american blogger, Marc something ( a long last name) who ran "MiddleEastrealities" (MER), and we thought perhaps to make a three blogs unit, one reporting from Israel (moi) one guy from the territories, don't remember his name (we emailed a few times, nice guy i think from Ramallah) and Marc in the USA. Eventually, i became too paranoid, maybe wrongly (I am always unsure about Americans...), and so we dropped it, and i think this MER sight shut down or froze. Anyway, it was a thought, and later i wrote a few posts...this was one.

thanks
hava1

Postby Extradimensional Beatnik » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm

You're welcome Hava. I had no idea it was something you'd written (I had googled "Israel" & "MK-ULTRA"), isn't synchronicity fun? I was just curious because it had said "to be continued" at the bottom of the page and I couldn't find the rest (if there was any).

Did you ever write additional material on this? I was actually looking for acoustic and non-lethal weapons projects that might have developed out of the MK stuff and had found some older articles on the "screamer" that indicated it might have actually been used on some settlers in Gaza. One assumes if it was used on the settlers then it must have been used on the Palestinians as well?
Extradimensional Beatnik

the scremer is real

Postby hava1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:29 pm

I can try and look up the news bits here.
hava1

Postby hava1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:27 pm

http://www.karil.com/index.php?lang_id=1

http://www.inn.co.il/News/News.aspx/25346 (hebrew) - the former general in chage of IDF R&D, Gen. Ben-Israel says that IDF is USING non lethal weapons to disperse Palestinian demonstrators - noise weapon is one of them, others are glue, slippery slime, nets, stinking substances etc.

The general also said IDF is working on "transporters" of people and stuff, that use molecular technology like "startreck" ("beam me up"). He says that this is alredy used ???? but not w people (although people wll be transported, he says, in a decade or two)....

http://www.asdsource.com/source_detail_ ... ia_Ltd.htm represents "taser international" in israel, markets taser guns

"the Skunk", new stink bomb, in Bilain, haarez (Hebrew), also about "the screamer" http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/objects ... No=1018160

apparently noise weapons are in common use in Israel, by police and even prison guards.

very good review by IDF , from July 2008 on recent R&D, although in Hebrew, each section has the title and URLs in English, you get the gist. The most disgusting document i read in years.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Om ... =clnk&cd=2
hava1

Postby Neither » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:10 am

Theres a lot of intresting patents if somebody is intrested (copied from research archive blog)

Silent Subliminal Presentation System, US Patent #5,159,703, Oliver Lowery, October 27, 1992. A silent communications system in which non-aural carriers in the very low or very high audio-frequency range, or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude-modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally for inducement into the brain.

Hearing System, US Patent #4,877,027, Wayne Brunkan, October 31, 1989. A method for directly inducing sound into the head of a person, using microwaves in the range of 100 MHz to 10,000 MHz, modulated with a waveform of frequency- modulated bursts.

Psycho-Acoustic Projector, US Patent #3,568,347, Andrew Flanders, February 23, 1971. A system for producing aural psychological disturbances and partial deafness in the enemy during combat situations.

Noise Generator and Transmitter, US Patent #4,034,741, Guy Adams and Jess Carden, Jr, July 12, 1977. An analgesic noise-generator.

Method and System for Altering Consciousness, US Patent #5,123,899, James Gall, June 23, 1992. A system for altering the states of human consciousness involving the use of simultaneous application of multiple stimuli, preferably sounds, having differing frequencies.

Subliminal Message Generator, US Patent #5,270,800, Robert Sweet, December 14, 1993. A combined subliminal and supraliminal message generator for use with a television receiver; permits complete control of subliminal messages and their presentation. Also applicable to cable television and computers.

Superimposing Method and Apparatus Useful for Subliminal Messages, US Patent #5,134,484, Joseph Wilson, July 28, 1992. Method of changing a person's behavior.

US Patent #4,717,343, Alan Densky, January 5, 1988. A method of conditioning a person's unconscious mind in order to effect desired change in the person's behavior, and which does not require the services of a trained therapist.

Auditory Subliminal Message System and Method, US Patent #4,395,600, Rene Lundy and David Tyler, July 26, 1983. An amplitude-controlled subliminal message may be mixed with background music.

Auditory Subliminal Programming System, US Patent #4,777,529, Richard Schultz and Raymond Dolejs, October 11, 1988.Apparatus for Inducing Frequency Reduction in Brain Wave, US Patent #4,834,70l, Kazumi Masaki, May 30, 1989.

Ultrasonic Speech Translator and Communication System, US Patent #5,539,705, M. A. Akerman, Curtis Ayers, Howard Haynes, July 23, 1996. A wireless communication system, undetectable by radio-frequency methods, for converting audio signals, including human voice, to electronic signals in the ultrasonic frequency range, transmitting the ultrasonic signal by way of acoustic pressure waves across a carrier medium, including gases, liquids and solids, and reconverting the ultrasonic acoustic pressure waves back to the original audio signal. This invention was made with government support under Contract DE-ACO5-840R2l400, awarded by the US Department of Energy to Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Inc.

Non-Audible Speech Generation Method and Apparatus, US Patent #4,821,326, Norman MacLeod, April 11, 1989.
Apparatus for Electrophysiological Stimulation, US Patent #4,227,516, Bruce Meland and Bernard Gindes, October 14, 1980.

Method and Recording for Producing Sounds and Messages to Achieve Alpha and Theta Brainwave States and Positive Emotional States in Humans, US Patent #5,352,181, Mark Davis, October 4, l994.

Method and Apparatus for Translating the EEG into Music to Induce and Control Various Psychological and Physiological States and to Control a Musical Instrument, US Patent #4,883,067, Knispel et. al., November 28, 1989.

Method of and Apparatus for Inducing Desired States of Consciousness, US Patent #5.356,368, Robert Monroe, October 18, 1994. Improved methods and apparatus for entraining human brain patterns, employing frequency-following-response (FFR) techniques and facilitating attainment of desired states of consciousness.
Method of Inducing Mental. Emotional and Physical States of Consciousness, including Specific Mental Activity, in Human Beings, US Patent #5,213,562, Robert Monroe, May 25, 1993.

Device for the Induction of Specific Brain Wave Patterns, US Patent #4,335,710, John Williamson, June 22, 1982. Brainwave patterns associated with relaxed and meditative states in a subject are gradually induced without deleterious chemical or neurologic side effects.

Method and Apparatus for Repetitively Producing a Noise-like Audible Signal, US Patent #4,191,175, William Nagle, March 4, 1980.

Apparatus for the Treatment of Neuropsychic and Somatic Diseases with Heat, Light, Sound and VHF Electromagnetic Radiation, US Patent #3,773,049, L. Y. Rabichev, V. F. Vasiliev, A. S. Putilin, T. G. Ilina, P. V. Raku and L. P. Kemitsky, November 20, 1973.

Non-Invasive Method and Apparatus for Modulating Brain Signals through an External Magnetic or Electric Field to Reduce Pain, US Patent #4,889,526, Elizabeth Rauscher and William Van Bise, December 26, 1989.

Nervous System Excitation Device, US Patent #3,393,279, Gillis Patrick Flanagan, July 16, 1968. A method of transmitting audio information via a radio frequency signal modulated with the audio info through electrodes placed on the subject's skin, causing the sensation of hearing the audio information in the brain.

Method and System for Simplifying Speech Waveforms, US Patent #3,647,970, G. Patrick Flanagan, March 7, 1972. A complex speech waveform is simplified so that it can be transmitted directly through earth or water as a waveform and understood directly or after amplification.

Means for Aiding Hearing, US Patent #2,995,633, Henry Puharich and Joseph Lawrence, August 8, 1961. Means for converting audible signals to electrical signals and conveying them to viable nerves of the facial system.
Means for Aiding Hearing by Electrical Stimulation of the Facial Nerve System, US Patent #3,170,993, Henry Puharich, February 23, 1965.

Hearing Device, US Patent #4,858,612, Philip Stocklin, August 22, 1989. A method and apparatus for simulation of hearing in mammals by introduction of a plurality of microwaves into the regions of the auditory cortex.

I'ts easy to get horrified when reading about these sonic devices but I'm very intrested of them for self improvement work. Just have to bring the technology to the right hands.
Neither

Postby Sounder » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 am

Neither wrote...

Just have to bring the technology to the right hands.

Is this a neither/or statement? :P Do you think that 'the right hands' are going to pop up from nowhere and grab the tech out of the hands of creeps that bought it from the hands that made it? (The right hands have better ideas.)

on edit; cut the word just between are and going. I hate that word and love the idea that seldom are things that simple.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Neither » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:09 am

Sounder wrote:Neither wrote...

Just have to bring the technology to the right hands.

Is this a neither/or statement? :P Do you think that 'the right hands' are going to pop up from nowhere and grab the tech out of the hands of creeps that bought it from the hands that made it? (The right hands have better ideas.)

on edit; cut the word just between are and going. I hate that word and love the idea that seldom are things that simple.

I mean the tech is existing.
And you can do a lot of good stuff with it.
It seems just that most people don't belive unmusical sound waves and other invisible things can affect them.
I'm very happy with all these crazy devices and they open up a lot of possibilities to gain control of your own mind. The right hands are the people. After we manage to control our own brain others can't do it no more.

For example lsd. If only CIA etc. would have had their hands on acid it would sound like terror. Instead the people discovered the possibilities of it without the "help" of institutions. MK-ultra etc. is not a huge price to pay for the technology compared to the beaty it gave for millions.
Neither

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion