The Dark Side of the Moon.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby alwyn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 pm

So, maybe the radiation they pumped into the atmosphere since the 40's has finally made us all too stupid. WTF, the Romans had lead; we've come a long way, baby :roll:
question authority?
alwyn

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby wintler2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am

Nuclear testing was certainly an enormous and as yet unpunished crime wave, but nerf-ness (inability to cook own dinner, make own ICBMs etc) I'd blame on consumerism, a lobotomised media and their demon spawn, magical thinking. My holistic solution? Use tv antennas for slingshot practice.
wintler2

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:12 am

Man if you guys knew much stuff has actually been forgotten...

Wiintler you can get red phosphorous out of cow bones I think... I have a method written down somewhere. Its pretty toxic tho, and you need chemicals...

Use tv antennas for slingshot practice.

I hope you mean target practice.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby wintler2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:40 am

I like slings, reusable ammo! I'm curious how you get the phosphorous out of bones, google gave me nada. am stockpiling lens' anyway instead of matches, wont be short of sunlight anytime soon. I can actually light a fag without singeing my beard, after some practice.
wintler2

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 am

Its written down somewhere in my humungous unindexed library of documents in boxes.

I knew a guy who was a bit of a chemistry freak and had a recipe for a cold quick cook of chrystal meth. He wanted to be completely independant and had worked out a method for extraction that he wrote a copy of for me. But I can't remember, I have got so much information floating around this place.

Its the Calcium phosphate in the bone that we are after tho. I did year 11 chemistry, it was a good school and we had good teachers, tho I dunno if thats enough. It shouldn't be that hard to work out tho should it?

All you have to do is figure out how Calcium bonds to phosphorus in bones then how to extract them (the chemicals), and how to break the bonds. I can't remember if he said you needed electricity or specifically that you didn't now... Not much help am I. Truth is, unless you really want me to try and find it I don't actually want to spend the countless hours its gonna take to find it.

I have boxes of course notes from all sorts of uni degrees, not just mine either, heaps from people who actually graduated, and did a variety of subjects I never did. Plus sketches, writing, plans, lists etc etc It might even be quicker to work it out from scratch than dredge through all that stuff. I probably need to deal with it before it all rots. Some of those notes are over 20 years old.

Lens are good, tho I can't light a durrie without singing my beard no matter how I do it.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby American Dream » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am

The MythBusters

A quick intro to the Discovery channel's
MythBusters feature. It's broadcast Wednesday's at 9
or, conveniently, it's on the Internet all the time.
Here, the MythBusters debunk three of conspiracy
theorists' crank "proofs" that Neil Armstrong never
walked on the moon -- the "footprint," the "waving
flag," and the "feather and hammer drop." Best line:
"How about that: Mr. Galileo was correct."

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbus ... unacy.html

August 27, 2008
3:52
American Dream

Postby marmot » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:40 am

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioijx5DLWQ4vTbjJmhNgHsNszNhwD97AVVSG0]Japan aims for walking robot on the moon by 2020
[/url]
By JAY ALABASTER –

TOKYO (AP) — Japan hopes to have a two-legged robot walk on the moon by around 2020, with a joint mission involving astronauts and robots to follow, according to a plan laid out Friday by a government group.

Specifics of the plan, including what new technologies will be required and the size of the project's budget, are to be decided within the next two years, according to Japan's Strategic Headquarters for Space Development, a Cabinet-level working group.

Development of a lunar robot is part of a broad framework outlined by the group, which is charged with plotting a new course for Japan's space strategy. As a next step, joint exploration of the moon involving robots and astronauts will be considered.

The framework is to be finalized late next month, after the public has a chance to comment on the proposals.

The group also recommended promoting research into military satellites, such as an early warning system for detecting ballistic missile launches and systems to detect and analyze radio waves sent in space.

Other recommendations by the group include using space research as a tool to foster diplomacy with other countries and developing an advanced satellite to predict and monitor natural disasters.

The Strategic Headquarters was established last year by a law passed to advance Japan's space technology and exploration. It allows the country, which has a largely peaceful constitution, to use space for military defense.

Friday's proposal was released as North Korea was completing preparations to launch a multistage rocket over Japan. The communist country says it will send a communications satellite into orbit, but Tokyo suspects the North, which has acknowledged it has nuclear weapons, is actually testing long-range missile technology.

Japan launched its first satellite in 1970 and has long been among the world leaders in space technology. But in recent years, it has been overshadowed by China, which is aggressively pushing its own space program.

In January, Japan used one of its rockets to launch the first satellite to monitor greenhouse gases worldwide, a tool to help monitor global warming.
marmot

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 pm

and then there is the theory of what they found when they got there, the real reason for all discrepancies.

and did ya hear

NASA's inspector general, under fire from senators, watchdog agencies, calls it quits
Posted by n2doc on Sat Apr-04-09 09:09 PM

SETH BORENSTEIN
AP News

Apr 03, 2009 03:31 EST

Two weeks after three senators called for his ouster, the beleaguered NASA inspector general who came under fire from two watchdog agencies gave notice.

Robert "Moose" Cobb resigned Thursday, effective April 11, but did not say why.

Two Democrats and a Republican had urged President Barack Obama to oust Cobb, saying the inspector general "has been repeatedly accused of stifling investigations, retaliating against whistleblowers and prioritizing social relationships with top NASA officials over proper federal oversight."

In February, House Science Committee Chairman Bart Gordon, D-Tenn., urged Obama to get rid of Cobb as the watchdog over the $17 billion in NASA spending, saying: "NASA cannot afford another four years with an ineffective inspector general."

more:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2 ... _aside.php
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

i stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Postby IanEye » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 pm

elpuma » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 pm wrote:The Dark Side of the Moon: 40 years after moon landing the doubts persist

That summer of 1969, Moscow was only a month from launching its own manned Moon shot.

Washington, burdened with the Vietnam war and civil unrest, benefited from a popular distraction to take attention away from its problems.

And then, the practicalities.

breaking away with the beast of both worlds
a smile that you can't disguise
every minute eye keep finding
clues that you leave behind

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: The Dark Side of the Moon.

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 22, 2018 10:46 am

China Wants to Be the First Country to Land on the Far Side of the Moon

On Sunday night the China National Space Administration launched a communications satellite on a Long March rocket on a 280,000 mile journey to orbit the moon. The lunar orbiter is the initial step in realizing China’s ambition to be the first country to place a lander on the far side of the moon.

As the first communications relay satellite in orbit around the moon, the orbiter’s name, Queqiao, is fitting. It translates to Magpie Bridge, a reference to the birds in a Chinese folk tale who form a bridge once per year to unite two separated lovers. Like the magpies in the story, the Queqiao orbiter will act as a link between the Chang’e-4 lunar lander planned to launch to the far side of the moon later this year and communications stations on Earth.

Even though the moon does rotate, the same side always faces the Earth because the amount of time it takes for the moon to rotate on its axis is the same amount of time it takes to make a full orbit around the Earth, as seen on the left below:

This phenomenon, known as tidal locking, means that the Chang’e-4 lander on the far side of the moon will never be able to make direct radio contact with Earth. Instead, the lander must rely on the Queqiao communications relay satellite in orbit around the moon to pass on its messages.

The Queqiao orbiter is also carrying an antenna jointly developed with the Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy that will be deployed in orbit nearly 40,000 miles behind the moon. The antenna will be used to study star formation shortly after the Big Bang by looking at low frequency signals that are hard to detect from Earth due to interference from the atmosphere.

When the Chang’e-4 lander launches to the lunar surface later this year, it will carry silkworms and potato seeds, as well as an array of scientific instruments. It is part of a wider exploratory effort by the Chinese Space Agency, which hopes to establish a lunar “palace” on the south pole of the moon in the 2030s.

The launch of Queqiao caps off a big few months for the Chinese space exploration as the nation vies to become the “space flight superpower” envisioned by its president Xi Jinping. Last year, the China National Space Administration used its quantum satellite to send the first entangled photons from space to Earth. Earlier this month, the first rocket designed by a private Chinese company was launched in an effort to claim a chunk of the orbital delivery market currently dominated by US companies like SpaceX.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ao-change4
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Previous

Return to General Discussion