22%
No, his earlier work has merit
33%
No, he was never crazy to begin with
44%

Total votes : 18

Sherman H. Skolnick

Postby Truth4Youth » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I touched on this briefly in the "Top Ten Books" thread, but think it deserves its own thread.

I am mostly familiar with Skolnick through his later years, and as such he seems to lack a lot of credibility. But is his earlier work as "out there" and sensationalistic as his later work? I've heard he had connections with Mae Brussel who, while I don't that her work is perfect, contributed greatly to parapolitical research. And I know he had a friendly relationship with Kenn Thomas, who I regard highly?

So what's the word? Was Skolnick just suffering from a bit of craziness with old age, or was he always full of shit (to put it bluntly)?
Truth4Youth

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:58 pm

I'm not super-familiar with the evolution of his work, but would probably consider him a little nutty and also ahead of the pack on certain ideas.

What I find frustrating is the weak logic, and argument, in some of his writing.
Last edited by American Dream on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Dream

Postby thurnundtaxis » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:21 pm

I always loved his catch-phrase: '' the oil-soaked, spy-riddled monopoly press" which he used quite generously when describing the Anglo-American mass media.

I did get some good information from him. And it was pretty obvious to me where and when he'd go completely bat-shit-crazy about something or another. I never held that against him, though. And to be quite honest, I find that there are a good number of valuable researchers in this general field about whom I'd say pretty much the same thing.
thurnundtaxis

Postby nathan28 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

He signed off with "death to the Queen?" Was he a LaRouche guy?

What is it with the Mae Brussels crowd? They did and do a lot of good work, but something about them always seems a little nuts.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 pm

His work on the Watergate plane crash of '72 was valuable.
He knew how spooks and corruption collaborated on big crimes.

I have to wonder if the spooks eventually surrounded him and played on his personality to lead him into the rough later in life.
Only makes sense that this effort would be made.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:His work on the Watergate plane crash of '72 was valuable.
He knew how spooks and corruption collaborated on big crimes.

I have to wonder if the spooks eventually surrounded him and played on his personality to lead him into the rough later in life.
Only makes sense that this effort would be made.

I'm not familiar enough with his earlier work to vote.

To what degree do folks think that the nature of the spooks surrounding and playing with any given target are in fact "friendly"?

For instance, Rick Doty and Bill Moore seem to have regarded Paul Bennewitz as a friend even as they spooked him, disinformed him and drove him insane.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 am

elfismiles wrote:.....
To what degree do folks think that the nature of the spooks surrounding and playing with any given target are in fact "friendly"?

For instance, Rick Doty and Bill Moore seem to have regarded Paul Bennewitz as a friend even as they spooked him, disinformed him and drove him insane.

Personality profiling would determine just how best to discombobulate anyone or lead them astray, whichever accomplishes the neutralization of the messenger or the discrediting of the message. Case specific determination.

Damn, I've been studying mendacity so long I'm sure I know pretty well how they think.

Consider how useful the internet has been for profiling someone's 'buttons.'
I hate to think what handles I've displayed but I can guess.

elfismiles, have you ever been cozied-up to by someone you were sure was a spook? Of course, you've read my assessment that the paranormal culture is rife with alphabet agency types.

I've been taken to lunch twice by people I think were vacuum cleaners and interviewed by atleast one other.

It is not an uncommon thing these days to be sussed out for one's intentions if you actively condemn military-intelligence operations.

And I'm sure finding someone to use as a judas goat to mislead others is a constant task.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby rrapt » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:13 pm

I never held Skolnick's craziness against him. When he was active it was pretty much verboten to say what he said publicly, but he did it anyway, and is due a LOT of respect just for that.

I'd put it this way: the subject (of spooks doing unimaginable things) is crazy to begin with, its practitioners are crazy if only because they are evil mofos keeping their shit secret, so (at that time) you had to be crazy to report on it. It was obvious to anyone that discussing this stuff put one in serious danger of being offed somehow.
rrapt

Sherman Skolnick

Postby fruhmenschen » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm

http://www.skolnicksreport.com/

you do know what to do?
fruhmenschen

Re: Sherman Skolnick

Postby American Dream » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:46 pm

American Dream

Re: Sherman H. Skolnick

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 pm

I find Skolnick's work really curious. I wonder what happened to his 'investigative group'? Anyone know?

I think the take away from his work, for myself, is that there is probably a great many of bribery and corruption webs in the judicial branch, which acts as an amplifier on corruption through the entire system.

I also wondered whether he had come to a life saving accommodation with the 'powers that be' -
"I will continue my investigations and name names, but throw in crate loads of misinformation as well, that way, I will keep true to my conscience, and stay alive and you get no investigations"
Searcher08

Postby anothershamus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm in the 'don't know enough about him or his work to make an opinion' category. There is a pattern with 'researchers' who make a big splash with something good and then feel they have to keep one-upping themselves and subsequent info gets more speculative. I don't know if that's a CIA propaganda ploy or a vanity play, heck, or both.

A good quote that sort of fits, from the latest TUC radio show: Alex Carey: Corporations and Propaganda
The Attack on Democracy

"People who read more are easier to manipulate because they consume more propaganda."
)'(
anothershamus

Postby MinM » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Driving behind a J. B. Hunt truck last night after work brought to mind the late Mr. Skolnick.
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby fruhmenschen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 pm

I respect Skolnick . I think his wheel chair boundness played a role in his anger/psychological makeup.
Some of his sniping remarks tended to take away from his material. I see the same behaviour in Wayne Madsen's
posts. One tends to become infected by the septic tank one reports on especially when the sleepwalker nation
somnambulists head off into the narcolepsy sunset.
fruhmenschen

Postby MinM » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

MinM » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:46 am wrote:Image
Driving behind a J. B. Hunt truck last night after work brought to mind the late Mr. Skolnick.

FedEx® is apparently branching out too...
@SanhoTree · Is FedEx America’s No. 1 Drug Dealer? (The Daily Beast) http://ow.ly/zHMoj . And it's not just Rx drugs.

Where's Jeremy Renner when you need him?
MinM

Next

Return to General Discussion