Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dream Only Thread

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for all the responses!

Really. When a dream is freaky enough it can be difficult to step back and analyze it yourself. The disgust with your own dream can really get in the way.

You guys have given me some god ideas. Which I wil forward to my friend. Ahem.

Brekin, dreams of teeth falling out are actually pretty common. My wife has them and I looked that one up some years ago. I haven't had one of those yet. I'm actually having plenty of real-life problems with my teeth. ThUckz!!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:13 pm

I used to have dreams of my teeth falling out when I was on a SSRI. I finally figured it out. I was grinding my teeth. One of the side effects. Needless to say I won't be taking one of those ever again. But Jesus, were dreams crazy lucid.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 pm

About 15 years ago I dreamed that I woke up (a "false awakening" dream) and looked in the mirror, and my teeth spontaneously cracked into a hundred pieces, which all then fell straight out with a little tinkling sound. I woke up and knew exactly what the dream meant: my teeth were going to eventually crack into a hundred pieces and fall out. It was prophetic. Anyway, earlier this year I finally got dentures. :bigsmile
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby BrandonD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 am

I have a recurring dream that I've discovered is actually shared by lots of other people, so I'm curious if anyone on here has had it as well.

I have these dreams where I am flying, it is a peculiar type of flying. It is more like gliding along a current like a raptor bird or a fish, and my body is being propelled along by means of flexing an organ inside my stomach.

Upon waking I'm often struck with this feeling that I will be occupying this "flying" body after death.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Burnt Hill » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 am

BrandonD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 am wrote:I have a recurring dream that I've discovered is actually shared by lots of other people, so I'm curious if anyone on here has had it as well.

I have these dreams where I am flying, it is a peculiar type of flying. It is more like gliding along a current like a raptor bird or a fish, and my body is being propelled along by means of flexing an organ inside my stomach.

Upon waking I'm often struck with this feeling that I will be occupying this "flying" body after death.

Yes, similar dreams, mine more involve jumping long distances.
But propulsion comes from the navel area.
I think its universal. Much like OOBEs.
In popular culture Robert Monroe and Carlos Castenada cover this territory from different aspects.
As do many others, of course
Burnt Hill

Postby norton ash » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Burnt Hill » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 pm wrote:
BrandonD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 am wrote:I have a recurring dream that I've discovered is actually shared by lots of other people, so I'm curious if anyone on here has had it as well.

Yes, similar dreams, mine more involve jumping long distances.
In popular culture Robert Monroe and Carlos Castenada cover this territory from different aspects.

Jumping dreams for me as well... bounding over city blocks, landing softly, jumping again, sometimes arriving at real-world crosstown locations. Wish I had that power.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby BrandonD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Burnt Hill » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 pm wrote:Yes, similar dreams, mine more involve jumping long distances.

There definitely seems to be some sort of connection to the unseen world that extends from our navel region. When in Peru during an ayahuasca ceremony, I was in some sort of battle with a black creature. Upon waking the next morning, I discovered with shock that a huge mole had appeared on my stomach overnight, approximately one inch below my navel, in the precise spot where don Juan indicates that one's will is extended from.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:47 pm

The Silver Cord. This term is found in Ecclesiastes 12 in its proper sense, but certainly predates this early reference. Christians, as is their wont, misinterpret this, but only by those who believe God to be external and apart from themselves.

Commonly believed to be connected through the Solar Plexus Chakra, it can emanate from any part of the body, like one's side, but most often from a chakra point.

I believe the mole you witnessed was an artifact, a waning mental construct before returning entirely to sobriety. Often those reincarnated will bear a permanent birthmark of some sort, a papule or purpura (petechiae) or ecchymoses like port wine stains (hemangiomas). Even structural depressions or defects can occur. These are taken as karmic artifacts of past-life life-ending trauma they carry through their present incarnation.

We've discussed the Silver Cord before here at RI. Here a few books others here may be familiar with:

Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-of-Body Experience

Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experiences

Projection of the Astral Body

Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook: A Manual for the Art of Retrieval and Afterlife Exploration

Between the Gates: Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and the Body of Light in Western Esotericism

Also, I found this you might be interested in reading:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/astral_dynamics/astral_dynamics27.htm

http://www.robertpeterson.org/chap13.html
Iamwhomiam

Postby dada » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:30 am

I do a lot of dream-flying. No astral engines in my belly or anything, though. I run then jump, or just lift right off the ground. Propulsion is done by thinking. "move left" "go up" "hover." Movement is inversely proportional to effort. Pushing off of a wall, I'll move about a yard before coming to a dead stop.

When I 'wake up' in a dream, one of the first things I do is get off the ground, if I'm not already. Maybe it's different for others, but in my lucid dreams, I don't control the dream environment, just myself. It isn't like daydreaming.

A good way to 'wake up' for me is to fly above treetops. I go higher, and get nervous that I'll fall. Then I realize, "Oh yeah, this is a dream. So what if I fall." And I 'wake up.'

One of my favorite times 'waking' in a dream, someone in the dream asked me, "how did you get here?" And I couldn't remember. Did I drive? Take a train? And then it hit me, I can't remember how I got here because this is a dream. That 'woke me up.'

I like the idea of visiting other people's dreams. If I stop by in yours, I'll ask you, "how did you get here?"
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby OP ED » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Exercises designed to amplify navel area are supposedly related to the super leaping abilities associated with certain martial arts.

I have been reading here too much. This morning I dreamed I was playing The Most Dangerous Game in Tony Podesta's super creepy basement. (I was the prey)
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm

OP ED » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 pm wrote:Exercises designed to amplify navel area are supposedly related to the super leaping abilities associated with certain martial arts.

I have been reading here too much. This morning I dreamed I was playing The Most Dangerous Game in Tony Podesta's super creepy basement. (I was the prey)

Did you get a good nights sleep?....and did you dream in your dream? :wink
Burnt Hill

Postby DrEvil » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 am

I dreamed that Donald Trump had died last night, and then I dreamed that I woke up and it was still true.
And then I woke up for real.
Most disappointing dream ever.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby tron » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:23 am

i had a dream that my dad was telling me all the secrets, he said man doesnt pull the gun, the world does. then black pete was in my house as a head and we never knew what do do with him so we stuck his head up on the wall, turned out he just wanted some love, then my mum got captured by newzealand pirates and they turned her into an accordion , i had to play the shit out of her to get her back, was a weird night, never eating cheese again.
tron

Postby OP ED » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:36 am

Burnt Hill » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:42 pm wrote:
OP ED » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 pm wrote:Exercises designed to amplify navel area are supposedly related to the super leaping abilities associated with certain martial arts.

Did you get a good nights sleep?....and did you dream in your dream? :wink

I did actually. My dream also gave me the opportunity to choke John Podesta with his own stupid power tie and burn down the house afterwards. (In my dreams I am the nightmare)
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion