The Fourth Kind(alien encounter/abduction movie)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby professorpan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:31 am

Watching the ABC show now (I recorded it earlier) and I'm more convinced that Romanek is a hoaxer. I've never bought the alien in the window video -- its movements are very puppet-like and trigger my BS detector.

Romanek just seems insincere and possibly sociopathic. He creeps me out.
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:36 am

Two other things caught my attention today regarding this stuff.

England's Ministry of Defense claims its released all available evidence and reports its gathered on UFOS
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32451823/ns ... ?GT1=43001

And...looks like they are making a movie about the Battle of Los Angeles
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58153

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_los_angeles

The Battle of Los Angeles is the name given by contemporary news agencies to a sighting of one or more unidentified flying objects which took place from late February 24 to early February 25, 1942 in which eyewitness reports of an unknown object or objects over Los Angeles, California, triggered a massive anti-aircraft artillery barrage. The Los Angeles incident occurred less than three months after America's entry into World War II as a result of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Initially the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but it was later suggested to be imaginary and a case of "war nerves", a lost weather balloon, a blimp, a Japanese fire balloon or psychological warfare technique, staged for the benefit of coastal industrial sites, or even an extraterrestrial craft. The true nature of the object or objects allegedly remains "unknown".

*EDIT*

Just saw the new Newsweek issue...

Looks like were in UFO/Alien hyperdrive with the media and hollywood again
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby justdrew » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 am

8bitagent wrote:And...looks like they are making a movie about the Battle of Los Angeles
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58153

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_los_angeles

The Battle of Los Angeles is the name given by contemporary news agencies to a sighting of one or more unidentified flying objects which took place from late February 24 to early February 25, 1942 in which eyewitness reports of an unknown object or objects over Los Angeles, California, triggered a massive anti-aircraft artillery barrage. The Los Angeles incident occurred less than three months after America's entry into World War II as a result of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Initially the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but it was later suggested to be imaginary and a case of "war nerves", a lost weather balloon, a blimp, a Japanese fire balloon or psychological warfare technique, staged for the benefit of coastal industrial sites, or even an extraterrestrial craft. The true nature of the object or objects allegedly remains "unknown".

that might be good if David Lynch produced and directed it, otherwise... probably a period piece action adventure... yes:
The film revolves around a Marine staff sergeant (Aaron Eckhart) and his new platoon's battle against an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles. Michelle Rodriguez will play Crpl. Adriana Santos, a member of a radio battalion. Michael Pena plays the father of a boy the Marines find along the way, and Bridget Moynahan plays a veterinarian.
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:21 am

professorpan wrote:Watching the ABC show now (I recorded it earlier) and I'm more convinced that Romanek is a hoaxer. I've never bought the alien in the window video -- its movements are very puppet-like and trigger my BS detector.

Romanek just seems insincere and possibly sociopathic. He creeps me out.

Yeah that Romanek seemed like a phony too me. I believe his "automatic writing" stunt nailed it for me.

The twins I absolutely believed, and I was inclined to believe the marine. Still, that Touched documentary I linked to I think is much better on the subject matter
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby nathan28 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 am

The Fourth Kind
August 19th, 2009

I noticed some chatter in a couple of nonsense polluted backwaters about a psychologist and some related cases in the upcoming alien abduction film, The Fourth Kind. At first, I wasn’t going to post anything about this, but to head off people from emailing me about it, I decided to go ahead:

I spent about five minutes looking into this, including watching the trailer, and there is no Dr. Abigail Tyler. This is a Blair Witch-style “documentary” based on the massive body of alien abduction literature.

Also, I found the firm that Universal is apparently using to game Google (see my Goldman Sachs code torrent antics) to track people who are looking for information about the film.

Here is the Google results page for “Abigail Tyler” abduction at the moment:

fourthkind

That constellation.net thing is some kind of honeypot that’s capturing data from Google (and possibly other) searches. When you click the link from Google, constellation.net captures your information and then simply forwards you back to the Google homepage.

Apparently, constellation.net is not allowing the URL to be visited without the right referral headers being transmitted. I have better things to do today than than fiddle with this, but the constellation.net home page has a link to linxworks.com, the site for a company called Linxworks Solutions. I’m sure that you can do the rest of the math from there, if you’re interested.

To the propeller heads out there who can’t help yourselves: Try pretending to be Googlebot and see if it will let you in. Are they blocking it by IP as well as referrer? In other words, even if you look like Googlebot, do you actually have to come from a Google IP?

http://cryptogon.com/?p=10469
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby justdrew » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Here's an oldie...

ABC News Special
Mission: Mind Control

An ABC News Special about the human mind and experiments in mind control.
http://www.xenutv.com/cults/mindcontrol.htm

We can see in this ABC News Special from 1979 what the CIA has been up to, and how they've been corrupted to consider dehumanizing American citizens and the rest of the World as "normal". To learn how to weaken and control people they conducted hundreds of "Nazi'esque" experiments, no surprise since the CIA was founded by hiring thousands of Nazi's after WWII. These included many at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, among other institutions, and "Operation Phoenix", which involved horrible acts of psychological and physical torture against the Vietnamese, and it's it's newborn Satanic baby today in the rather public sequels in Afghanistan and Iraq, and in Guantanamo and hundreds of other secret prisons. These are run by "people" who our tax-dollar pay for, and who could just as easily work "here". Our apathetic reaction or even twisted support of these holocaust-worthy crimes is the result of the mind control experiments that have destroyed our character, and we may be ready to be "apathetic about" or "support" concentration camps domestically, as have been announced for immigrants. This also how "good" intelligence agents on the "inside" and other government employees are trained to participate in clearly illegal and immoral acts, such as NSA spying and torture, and to share the elite's disdain for the average "stupid" person who's kept confused and clueless as to how the World really works. This video is from almost 30 years ago, and came to light when the Church Committee was investigating the CIA's hundreds of illegal activities during the Vietnam War. Just as they were gettting to some serious information, CIA Director William Colby was fired and replaced with George Bush Sr., who up until that point had no CIA experience - in public. In reality he got a cover CIA job coming out of Skull and Bones, and inexplicably to most quickly became Director to stop the Church Committee investigations by refusing the CIA's cooperation. They have introduced a variety of illegal drugs to not only engage in mind control experiments, but to secretly fund their covert activities - e.g. the "War on Drugs is FAKE!", as the late investigative journalism hero Gary Webb irrefutably uncovered. Our willingness to believe the hundreds of lies we're sold on a daily basis has weakened us intellectually and morally, and now we're being fed into the endless meat-grinder of history that is the endless "War on Terror". Let's wake up to HOW we've been put to sleep before we're trapped in this paranoid madness forever...
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby exojuridik » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Colorado has once again made the annals of UFO history by being home to both Romanek and Jeff Peckman( who recently has been petitioning to establish a municipal Alien Friendship Commission in Denver). These two individuals should be commended for the suffering the role hapless naifs in the latest media skewering of the ever wacky freakshow of Ufos, aliens and abductees. Given their success in discrediting actual cases of abduction/contact in the minds of the non-tinfoil hat world, I certainly hope they were able to cash in on their 15 minutes.

It is dumfounding to me that they were able to make it to Larry King and ABC on the strength of that crappy video and a few outlandish claims. This suggests that they were elected somehow by someone to represent (and subsequently discredit) the experience of alien contactees. Were they willing dupes or fools? Probably. Neither seem media savvy enough to realize that they were being used as fools dejour - they seemed just canny enough to think that they were the ones pulling the trickster move.

There remain two questions interesting to me regarding this most recent media "investigation"- first, was Romanek being used unwittingly ala Paul Bennewitz for disinformation by some unknown party? Was he actually not in on the video hoax? Well, he does seem robotic/affectless in the classic mindcontrol mode and is mostly likely simple enough to believe his own stories. Let's see if in the next couple years, he ends up committing suicide or dying under mysterious circumstances.

My second question is why there has been such a revival of interest in this area. I mean abductions are so '93. What's next - a biopic on Ace of Base or Nirvana? Is this just an attempt by the media to whip up interest in a subject with a high woo-quotient to better abduct our dollars in a tight economy or does it represent another tortured waltz with the public to the familar tunes of (d)(m)isinformation? As that inscrutable owl reminds us "the world may never know . . .slurp ah one . . .ah two . . ."
"Memory believes before knowing remembers. Believes longer than recollects, longer than knowing even wonders."
exojuridik

Postby Maddy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:30 am

No voodoo! Just a lot of hocus pocus and presdigitation, right?
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:07 pm

'The Fourth Kind' pays for telling a big fib
Craig Medred
Nov 11, 2009

Alaska's Fourth Estate has managed to at least slap the hand of "The Fourth Kind,'' the half-assed Hollywood alien-abduction movie that irritated the people of Nome.

Nomeites didn't much like the film exploiting unexplained disappearances of Northwest Alaskans, most of whom likely perished due to exposure to the harsh climate, as science fiction nonsense. The Alaska press liked even less the idea of news stories about unexplained disappearances in the Nome area being used to hype some "kind" of fake documentary.

There wasn't much the former could do about the movie, other than whine. But there was something the latter could do -- threaten to sue.

The Alaska Press Club, in cooperation with The Nome Nugget and other Alaska newspaper publishers and news Web sites, put Anchorage attorney John McKay on the case, and he announced this week that a settlement has been reached with NBC Universal to stop using Alaska news stories, or bogus news stories attributed to Alaska publications, on a fake news Web site in order to promote the movie. Universal will also pay for its past abuses of fact spun into fiction, and fiction presented as fact. The Press Club is getting $20,000 plus a $2,500 contribution to its Calista Scholarship Fund.

Universal is the studio promoting and distributing "The Fourth Kind,'' a movie filmed in the Balkan Mountains of Bulgaria, which is about as far as you can get from Nome both visually and geographically. About all the two areas share in common are long, cold winters and problems with alcohol. Bulgaria leads the European Union in alcoholics per capita. Many of the unexplained disappearances in Nome are believed to be linked to people getting drunk, stumbling out on the frozen surface of the Bering Sea in winter and dying somewhere out there in the vastness.

Disappearances and unexplained deaths, many involving Alaska Natives, have proven hugely troubling to the legendary gold-mining community of 9,300 now best known as the finish line for the 1,100-mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Fears that there might be a serial killer at work in the so-called City of the Golden Sands led to an FBI investigation earlier this decade.

The FBI spent months checking on more than 24 disappearances and suspicious deaths before concluding that the common tie among all of the cases was not a serial killer but excessive drinking and a wicked winter climate.

The FBI noted the deaths on the Seward Peninsula spanned more than four decades, an unbelievably long time for one serial killer to be at work, and the bodies of people found dead in the area seldom showed any sign of trauma. That is what commonly happens in deadly cases of hypothermia.

Despite these findings, fears of something more sinister than the weather are still felt by some in Nome, and against that backdrop, a wholly fictional movie promoted as if it were some sort of documentary angered many, including Nugget publisher and editor Nancy McGuire.

As part of a campaign to promote "The Fourth Kind,'' an advertising company dummied up stories about alien abductions which it then attributed to The Nome Nugget. McGuire saw those stories on Web site and admits her first reaction was "what the f---?"

She called the Web site and demanded the stories be taken down. The webmaster demanded she send him identification proving she was the owner of the Nugget, apparently unconcerned about the simple fact the stories were phony but attributed to a real newspaper.

"I really was concerned about it because I didn't write these things,'' McGuire said Wednesday. "They were using my newspaper to give credibility to those stories.''

After a second call to the managers of the "Fourth Kind" Web site proved fruitless, McGuire called McKay, a well-known media lawyer in Anchorage. He reached out to touch Universal. McGuire was glad.

"I'm enjoying it,'' she said. "They think they can get away with this because we're Alaska. They don't think of us as having any brains or being upset about what they do.''

McGuire said she was upset as much for Nome residents who have had family members mysteriously die as for her newspaper. Some of them are still suffering, she said, and it now brings back bad memories to have the deaths of their loved ones used to promote a crock of a movie about alien abductions.

"People see it on the Internet,'' she said, "and they say, 'Oh, it must be true.''

It's a troubling commentary on the gullibility of people, she added. Probably only more troubling if you understand that this observation comes from someone alien to Alaska.

"I am an alien,'' McGuire said. "I really am from Mars ... Mars, Pennsylvania. It's north of Pittsburgh. You can find it on the map."

As part of the legal settlement, Universal is making a donation to the Nome homeless shelter in the name of the "alien" McGuire and the Nugget. That, at least, is a good thing, McGuire said.

"They do appear to be trying to make amends,'' she said. Or at least covering their butts.

Unfortunately, as Dermot Cole of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner has already discovered, fixing mistakes in the Internet world is not as easy as simply saying you're sorry. The Internet replicates fiction every bit as well as it does fact.

"The studio says that if it is notified that any of the phony news stories become available in the future, it 'shall take appropriate steps to see that they are removed from the Internet...'," Cole wrote. "But in some ways this is an empty promise. I found the two fake stories attributed to the News-Miner on sites where they had been copied. Universal won't be able to take those down. There are also cached pages that were available earlier this week."

And, of course, who knows what you can get to pop up on Google from sites that have already been taken down.

Contact Craig Medred at craig_alaskadispatch.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

http://alaskadispatch.com/dispatches/fe ... -a-big-fib

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Film fakery
by dermotcole Dermot Cole

Ignore the claims made on screen. The movie “The Fourth Kind” is not based on fact.

But the publicity division of Universal Studios decided that the best way to get people to pay to see it is to spread false claims that the movie is a documentary with “archival footage” and “actual case studies” about alien abductions to back up every scene.

Two of the best accounts about this nonsense are a news article by Kyle Hopkins of the Anchorage Daily News in September and an editorial by Nancy McGuire of the Nome Nugget. Both were published weeks before the movie was released.

The movie was filmed in Bulgaria, which is about as close to Nome as this movie is to the truth.

Since September, the movie people have tried to erase evidence of a Web site that had references to a non-existent publication called the “Alaska Psychiatry Journal” and a biography of “Dr. Abigail Tyler,” the alleged key character. The site was created in August, when the movie publicity began, along with one that contained made-up news stories supposedly from the Nome Nugget and the Daily News-Miner.

It may have been the attention generated by Hopkins’ article on Sept. 1 that put an end to the Web sites that mentioned professional journals, researchers and newspaper articles that don’t exist.

Some of the fake news articles can still be found on sites where they were copied. Two of the stories are an obituary that supposedly was run in the Daily News-Miner and a story about the death of “Dr. William Tyler.”

Neither really appeared in the News-Miner. This is how they were presented on the Web:

Obituary: Dr. William Tyler
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
August 3, 2000

NOME – Dr. William (Will) Tyler of Nome passed away on Wednesday, August 2, 2000. Dr. Tyler’s cause of death is currently under investigation.

Dr. Tyler made his home in Nome with his wife Dr. Abigail Tyler and their two children. Dr. Tyler and his wife moved to Nome in late 1997 to conduct studies of sleep disorders at their Nome practice, Tyler’s Health and Care. He is survived by his wife, son and daughter. A memorial service and burial have yet to be announced pending the closure of the current cause-of-death investigation.

Nome Psychologist’s Death an Apparent Suicide
September 29th, 2000
Staff Report
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

FAIRBANKS – The Office of the State Medical Examiner concluded on Tuesday that the death of Nome psychiatrist Dr. William Tyler was the result of an apparent suicide.

On September 5, Dr. Tyler’s body was found in his home by his wife Dr. Abigail Tyler. At the time Nome police had no evidence of foul play, but Alaska state law requires the Medical Examiner to investigate the cause of death for all deaths caused by violence. The case gained some notoriety in past weeks because of the disappearance of Dr. Tyler’s five-year-old daughter on October 5th.

It’s ridiculous that Universal thought it was OK to use the names of real publications in Alaska and fabricate news stories to market a movie. Even worse, Chapman University in California agreed to allow its name to be used on screen to give credence to the “archival footage” claim.

The university’s reason for being part of the hoax? Everyone knows that movies are not true, a Chapman administrator wrote on a school blog.

As to why Chapman’s logo was allowed to be used in the film, that’s simple: Director Olatunde Osunsanmi went to film school there and seeing the school name will show students how successful Chapman grads are, according to the school blog.

Here is an excerpt of the editorial Nancy McGuire wrote in the Nome Nugget:

"They have fabricated fake stories for their phony archives and also included a few real stories to try to enhance the legitimacy of their web site.

Apparently Universal Studios (owned by NBC) must think that the general public is a bunch of morons and that the truth is so limiting.

Nomeites know that we are not being beamed up by aliens (and that is not why Sitnasuak wants to dispose of the big radio relay antennas on top of Anvil Mountain).

Aside from the fact that the Universal Studio hokey version of Nome depicts our town somewhere in Bulgaria, they felt that they needed to legitimize their fiction by attributing false stories to real reporters in legitimate Alaskan publications. It makes one wonder if they will try to apply this tactic to any other newspaper in an attempt to fabricate news and legitimize their fiction.

This kind of blatant misuse of the Internet to discredit legitimate reporters and publications needs to stop. Universal Studios should issue a public apology to the people of Nome, The Nome Nugget and other Alaskan news organizations."

You might say this is about nothing more than marketing a dumb movie, borrowing techniques from the “Blair Witch Project.” But it’s also a good lesson in how digital tools can be used to spread misinformation with ease.

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_story/p ... itors_desk

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: The Fourth Kind(alien encounter/abduction movie)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:23 am

No reviews from RI members, so I thought I would add mine.

This movie is messed up. No, it does not seem like the producers have researched the phenomenon. The whole thing smells like a lie and not in the benevolent way of fictional entertainment.

It conditions that abductions are real, but that more importantly, you should be absolutely and completely terrified of them. Also you are hopelessly helpless.

The worst part was when they were showing pictures of the "real" little girl that was abducted and is still missing. It gave me a bad vibe.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Yeah I was definitely confused by this movie. I'm hoping others here who have been researching for some time remember rumblings of Nome as being a hotspot of ufo activity and missing persons. As soon as promotion began for this film, it obfuscated all attempts at checking back on my loose memory of such activity.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:The use of ancient Sumerian dialogue was way heavy-handed and brought the most disbelief for me.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby operator kos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

I finally got around to checking this movie out. I am pissed. This thing is the very definition of ARG well-poisoning BS. Whether it was done on the part of some PTB that want to sow confusion or was simply done by the studio as weird viral PR, it is creepy and distasteful that they tried to pawn this movie off as a genuine docudrama. I am also trying to make sense of this in light of the recent FBI memos (Aztec crash and JFK UFO interest) and the Katy Perry music video which says how sexy and wonderful and special it is to be abducted by aliens. Even without the alien meme it's a disgusting video (Fill me with your poison / I want to be a victim / I'm ready for abduction). BARF. Shit's just getting a little too woo-tastic to handle these days.
operator kos

Previous

Return to General Discussion