Postby Laodicean » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Hot
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Re: Hip Hop and Conspiracy Theory

Postby RocketMan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 am

Yahoo! wading into the Illuminati controversy:

http://au.thehype.yahoo.com/galleries/g ... /20380740/

Celebrities have influence, that's not an arguable fact. However, there is a part of the world that believes certain famous faces yield more power than others. This power, they believe, stems from the backing of an ancient German secret society that quietly rules the world: the Illuminati (yes, the same group Tom Hanks sought in "Angels & Demons"). The mysterious sect is thought to be a front for the rise of the Antichrist — the Devil's all-seeing eye triangle is their universal sign — and is often accused of masterminding large-scale events (think President JFK's assassination) in an attempt to establish a New World Order, in which they can rule.
So who in Hollywood has raised suspicious about their connections to the all-seeing eye? Let us illuminate you

Discussed previously in the Kardashian Xmas card thread (lol) among others... Found the above via another snide article in The Guardian. She doth protest too much...?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... racy-jay-z

Name: The Illuminati.

Appearance: A pyramid with an eye on it, a hand signal, a tattoo on a rapper's back, a giant lizard dressed as the Queen. Take your pick.

Really? Are we still pretending that the Illuminati is a thing? Of course it's a thing. Haven't you seen the signs? Haven't you read Dan Brown? Haven't you heard We Do, the Stonecutters' Song, from that episode of The Simpsons?

You're referencing works of fiction here. It's fact. He might look like a simpering, polo-necked millionaire, but Brown exposed the real truth about the Illuminati.

Which is? It's a shadowy conspiracy that has existed since the dawn of time, secretly pulling the strings of every major organisation in the world. It manipulates finances and dictates policy so as to usher in a terrifying new world order.

The dawn of time? But it's only 237 years old. Well, if you want to swallow society's blue pill, then we're discussing the Bavarian Illuminati, a secret society opposed to superstition, abuse of state power and religious influence that was formed in 1776 and disbanded in 1785. But that's what they want you to think. The truth is much more sinister. Even celebrities are in on it.

Really? Yes, according to the latest, absolutely conclusive, reports. Look at Lindsay Lohan's tattoos. Or Lady Gaga's videos. Or that hand thing that Jay Z does. Or the way Barack Obama shakes hands with the pope.

But surely this can all be attributed to people reading too much into innocuous happenstance, because believing that we're all being controlled by secret organisations is much less frightening than accepting the lonely purposeless reality of life on Earth? No. Shut up. Everyone's in the Illuminati.

Everyone? Even the Guardian? Especially the Guardian. What are all those articles about quinoa for, if not to deliberately make it too expensive for Bolivians and further the rise of McDonald's, which is also part of the Illuminati, in the developing world?

Damn, rumbled [disappears in a puff of smoke]. I knew it.

Do say: "Every third letter of every fifth sentence of this article makes up an anagram. Decode that for the real truth."

Don't say: Anything rational in the comments.

"Don't say: Anything rational in the comments." Because we REALLY want to avoid rational discussion about this undeniable streak of symbolism for some reason...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

Boundary experiences, abduction phenomena, Carl Higdon + John Keel: EELRIJUE is many things, all of them weird.

Definitely the most "doomed art" project I've done so far.

https://algorhythms.bandcamp.com/album/eelrijue
Wombaticus Rex

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Boundary experiences, abduction phenomena, Carl Higdon + John Keel: EELRIJUE is many things, all of them weird.

Definitely the most "doomed art" project I've done so far.

https://algorhythms.bandcamp.com/album/eelrijue

Cool, I'll listen to this later

The original Algorhythms EP is fantastic, I always let it play when going through my music library on shuffle

Speaking of hip hop and conspiracy theory (or just intelligent countercultural hip hop in general) I was thinking recently that Jonwayne is an artist that is headed in that direction. He also sounds kind of like you sometimes but maybe that's because both of you are hairy white people.

Fresh off a Europe tour, Jonwayne is hanging out in London working on new music. "Third Abandoned Planet" is a new track featuring the archived voice of Billy Burroughs.

Also looking forward to hearing the new album from Homeboy Sandman with production by Jonwayne

cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Man, EELRIJUE is some really good shit. Every track is a standout; I'd embed a couple of them here if I knew how. 2014 has been a great year for hip hop, but then that seems to be true of every year despite what people like to say.

BTW great work on the lyrics, had to listen more than once on headphones to start unraveling what each track was about. Hearing this now of course makes me realize that I was just talking out of my ass by comparing your voice to Jonwayne's. It's just something that occurred to me a while back while listening to some of his old music. His rapping is slow like molasses compared to yours.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Cool artwork, too:

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby RocketMan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 am

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/jay-z-il ... ok_vulture

In his rollicking, insightful new book Season of the Witch: How the Occult Saved Rock and Roll, author Peter Bebergal delves deep into the weird connections between popular music and the occult, and how the former has so often utilized the mystique of the latter. In this excerpt, Bebergal looks at the rumors that have long circulated about Jay Z's involvement with the mysterious Illuminati cabal, and what those rumors signify about how we think of the rap superstar.

The video for Jay Z’s 2009 single “On to the Next One” is a masterpiece of symbolism. Jay Z stands in the center of the frame, haloed by a circle of dim lights behind him. Throughout the video, frame after frame of flashing images, is a well-dressed man in skull-like makeup reminiscent of the Joker; a white-gowned ninja battling the air with batons; a jewel-studded skull; smoke swirling into Rorschach test patterns; a crucifix; thick red lips dripping blood; and goat skulls with massive horns. Jay Z’s raps are fairly standard as far as hip-hop goes. It’s a self-referential narrative of success, of moving forward, not looking back, embracing his riches, and a warning that his fame and creative output are only going to get greater.

[...]

A glib, self-satisfied piece. But there it is.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 pm

This is my friend's latest "art"(?) piece. I think some of you might find it funny:

The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:36 pm

^^^
YES :thumbsup
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Project Willow » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:50 pm

:thumbsup
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Hope there's more adventures to come! :thumbsup
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Oh definitely, all four parts are finished as far as I'm aware.

His big break came after an older web series, Art Thoughtz, became a hit. I'm sure he mentions the illuminati once or twice, of course in a way that completely condescends to hip hop's conspiracy culture.
https://www.youtube.com/user/HennesyYoungman/videos
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm

:yay :thumbsup
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Love it! Image
Searcher08

Postby RocketMan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am

Something about this Queen Bey bullshit just sticks in my craw, I tell you.

The Internet is constantly shouting at me about two inches from my face that I should WORSHIP QUEEN BEY and that she indeed is THE QUEEN and FLAWLESS and A GODDESS and what have you.

And she seems like a self-satisfied, smug aristocrat. Just... stop.

The Grammys '17, a case in point:

I mean, the The Virgin Mary, what the fuck. The sheer self-importance.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion