"Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "Nothing is Real"; 'live' CNN coverage, 1991 Gulf

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:17 am

the furious identification with Daddy

Yes, that's a perfect description, Mac. Nothing has surprised me about the so called left since 2002. I still smart at the raw venom (accompanied by showers of spit) from 'friends' and acquaintances (mostly on the left) as I pointed out the home truths about the then impending war in Iraq. They were all supposedly on the left. I've been under no illusions about the rationality of all these middle class / managerial class friends ever since.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:57 pm

DrEvil » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:41 am wrote:Even the Russians are in on the joke.

Are we sure they're not? I wonder how many people are considering that the US vs. Russia opposition on the geopolitical scale might be comparable to the Democrat vs. Republican opposition on the political scale. We know that the CIA and Russian organized crime structures have a tendency to work together; arguably, it was the Western intelligence community (directed by the US-dominated but ultimately international financial interests) who formed the Russian oligarchy and the interrelated Russian mafia into what they are today following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Putin's relationships with these structures can appear adversarial at times, but at least in the beginning, it appears as though the Russian mafia brought him in as their own puppet. Jeff Wells actually once wrote about how the Russian apartment bombings (Russia's own 9/11) were likely orchestrated by or for Putin, and oddly enough, the Russian spook company Far West appears to be tied to both the Russian apartment bombings and the network behind 9/11 itself. There is also the reporting by FSB defector Alexander Litvinenko about how Putin was a pedophile on whom the FSB had blackmail tapes, and Jeffrey Epstein supposedly boasted of visiting Putin numerous times (though the Epstein/Putin claim is from known JFK assassination disinformationist Edward Jay Epstein, so perhaps it should be taken with a grain of salt).

Now we see what's happening today, and it looks like Putin's invasion of Ukraine is doing more to strategically benefit the US/NATO alliance than anything else. For years, we endured inane war propaganda about Russia that appeared thoroughly divorced from reality, but now Putin's government has shown itself on the world stage to be exactly the threat that the spooks were always claiming them to be. Ukrainians will likely feel even more supportive of continued US "military aid" (read: stay-behind networks), if not explicitly allying with the US, to counter the apparent Russian threat. And we've seen other European countries that initially stayed out of NATO, like Finland and Sweden, now experiencing a groundswell of support for NATO as well. So who was Russia's invasion of Ukraine really for the benefit of?
Marionumber1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:35 pm

We have always been at war with Eurussia.
stickdog99

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:35 pm

That's exactly the sort of dynamic I think might be at play. The three superstates in the world of 1984 (Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia) were pretty much identical totalitarian states, with no ideological differences and constantly shifting military alliances with/against one another to leave them in perpetual unresolved conflict. The conflict never results in the destruction of any of these superstates, and gives each one a steady narrative of foreign enemies to justify their continued totalitarianism. Whether consciously or unconsciously, it was almost as if the high-level leadership of all three superstates were in league to continue their rule at the expense of their respective populaces.

Swap out Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia for US/UK/Israel, Russia, and China? :shrug:
Marionumber1

In on the joke?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:07 pm

On the economic side, the effect of the sanctions, assuming Russia doesn't collapse (which I am rating as highly unlikely, although we'll maybe talk again about this again next week), will impel an alternative economic bloc of China as the boss state for Russia and the sanction states; one that may have India integrated and eventually EU and Latin America as quasi-satellites. It's up to China how they decide to deal with the situation, but looks like they can absorb the energy production and provide the finance and central banking for such a bloc. Will they risk stepping in as the broker for a peace, maybe providing a new financial package for Ukr (and if they do, it will be better than the EU's), will Ukr go with that after what's happened the last week?

Interesting times, as they say.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Re: In on the joke?

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:30 am

JackRiddler » 04 Mar 2022 11:07 wrote:On the economic side, the effect of the sanctions, assuming Russia doesn't collapse (which I am rating as highly unlikely, although we'll maybe talk again about this again next week), will impel an alternative economic bloc of China as the boss state for Russia and the sanction states; one that may have India integrated and eventually EU and Latin America as quasi-satellites. It's up to China how they decide to deal with the situation, but looks like they can absorb the energy production and provide the finance and central banking for such a bloc. Will they risk stepping in as the broker for a peace, maybe providing a new financial package for Ukr (and if they do, it will be better than the EU's), will Ukr go with that after what's happened the last week?

Interesting times, as they say.

https://twitter.com/MarkSleboda1/status ... 4282337291

This is #theGreatDecoupling between the West and Russia. Economic linkages will be cut down to only energy and a few other commodities & chemicals that Europe is dependent on Russia for. The West controls and has weaponized their entire economy in their war to break Russia. 1/-

Interesting thread.
Joe Hillshoist

Re: "Nothing is Real": PR in the modern era.

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:18 am

The story behind Will Smith's recent Oscar performance for Pfizer

Public Relations Shapes the Practice of Medicine

https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/ ... m-will?s=r

Excerpt:
After I learned about public relations, I began to see how many things around us were nothing more than PR campaigns someone paid for to achieve a stated end. Many industries are based upon developing a proven formula and using it over and over and PR is no different. My hope in writing this Substack is to help you develop those magic glasses so you can also see a broader perspective of the world around us.

I’ve also been requested to write shorter easier to share articles (the next more detailed one about the entire population control business should be out this weekend). Today’s article is an abridged version of my previous article laying out the PR industry and how it works in a manner remarkably similar to selling pharmaceuticals and war.

Since publishing that article, I came across a remarkable study that summarizes many of the key points within it. The difference between those wearing and not wearing the glasses appears to be greater than I have ever seen before in my lifetime.

More at link.

Also, forgot I already started a thread on this 'theme', somewhat redundant with a couple other threads here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42184&p=691367&hilit=PR+as+a+service#p691367

Disinfo/Misinfo/"PR" as a Service
Belligerent Savant

Previous

Return to General Discussion